• Russia
    • One of the hosts (Ukraine/Polland)
    • Croatia
    • Sweden
    • Czech Republic
    • Denmark
    • Ireland
    • Greece

Between Germany and Holland I reckon. Can't see Spain making the final this year, don't score enough goals against the top sides.

Still can't believe they won the World Cup averaging only just over one goal a game.

Between Germany and Holland I reckon. Can't see Spain making the final this year, don't score enough goals against the top sides.

Still can't believe they won the World Cup averaging only just over one goal a game.

Spain's run to the final was one of the most painful things I've ever watched. You'd think with all their attacking talent that they'd play some nice football, but it was the exact opposite of that.

Spain's run to the final was one of the most painful things I've ever watched. You'd think with all their attacking talent that they'd play some nice football, but it was the exact opposite of that.

Kind of hard when everyone plays ultra defensive against them a la Chelsea.

Sweden, just a feeling.....

Realistic, Spain or Germany (what is realistic ........) but hoping us, although don't see that happen with a) 18y old Left back with just one average season Eredivisie of experience of b) a controlling midfielder at left back who last played left back when he was 11y old.......

Neh, we are nog going to win it, or get out of the group stage.

Germany...not much of a prediction that really.

If they don't then I think one of France or Portugal will win (got a feeling Portugal could do quite well and qualify with Germany through their group, have a feeling that the dutch could mess things up a bit).

Team to go far and do well (although probs not win) - Poland.

I think it could be a very close tournament though...and hopefully a great one.

we will probably stand for a respectable preformance and get out of the group stage, but wining it? naaaah
As said, just a feeling, would not mind if the feeling comes reality. As you said you self, most likely QF

Germany for me. They've looked good in the last 2 major tournaments and the youngsters from 2010 have 2 years extra experience.

Spain to go out in the group stages, Ireland to reach the semis.

I think it will be Germany :cool: They have a very good and young team and it's been ages since they won last time

If not them I'd say Netherlands or France. For some reason I really don't fancy Spain- (almost) all of their best players has played a poorer season then they use too in the last years and their attack doesn't look that strong

I'm going to be boring and go with the majority here. Germany's bound a tournament particularly with the insane level of talent they currently have, and increasingly so with the recent additions of the likes of Gotze, Reus, Hummels. Spain are past their mental and physical peak.

• SI Staff

Spain or Germany with outside shots for Russia and maybe France.

Biggest screw ups will be England and Italy. With Italy screwing up I can also see Croatia reach the semis by beating Ukraine in the QF.

Croatia are too tactically disorganized to go far. Even if Italy screws up and lets them go through, I can't see them topping the group ahead of Spain and I can't see Ukraine top their group neither. Croatia vs France would almost certainly go in the french's favor.

In fact given the way the tournament is set up I'd be very surprised not to see the French reach the semi-finals, which feels weird to say, given how easily dismissed they are currently after two miserable tournaments in 2008 and 2010.

• SI Staff
Croatia are too tactically disorganized to go far. Even if Italy screws up and lets them go through, I can't see them topping the group ahead of Spain and I can't see Ukraine top their group neither. Croatia vs France would almost certainly go in the french's favor.

In fact given the way the tournament is set up I'd be very surprised not to see the French reach the semi-finals, which feels weird to say, given how easily dismissed they are currently after two miserable tournaments in 2008 and 2010.

Spain will finish 1st and Croatia 2nd in my estimation. Ukraine top the group and France 2nd

this would put

Russia - Holland

Germany - Czechs

Spain - France

Ukraine - Croatia

Holland - Spain

Germany - mehh Croatia?

Spain - Germany

But I can fill in the scores again tomorrow and come up with something completely different :D

It is hard to look beyond Spain again but I will go for Holland.

Maybe the Dutch learned a lesson when they decided to play anti football the last time they met Spain and they would have been much better of just playing their normal game.

• Administrators

Outside of your obvious I agree Russia are the main dark horses because they've got someone who has a clue about physical preparation involved. Other than that, I think Sweden get out of their group and maybe win a QF depending on the matchup.

I reckon Germany will win it, cant see Spain winning three on the bounce. Germany lost the 2008 Euro final, and got close in the last two World Cup, they have a great squad full of very good young players and i think it is their tournament to win.

Depending on who finishes where in the groups then i think France could win it.

Archived