YouTubers

It's all about Loki Doki for me. The thing is it's hard to properly follow and keep up with more than a few youtubers at a time, FM or otherwise. I don't deny that some of the others are probably really good but I've decided to focus just on one, along with a few others providing different content.

There used to be a guy called Jub I liked to watch. I think he was the very first FM Youtuber - he started with FM 11! He used to do really long saves going deep into regen world. Think he quit at the time of FM 15 though. 

Back then there were only a handful of people really committing to it but now it's a genre much like FIFA and COD youtube which is cool no doubt but it's harder to keep track of it all. 

These days I only watch Loki Doki. He's a fun storyteller. 

Loki Doki if you like a relaxed an fun style where he screws up a lot and just enjoy himself. Feels like playing with a crazy mate that constantly do strange stuff that you can't help laugh along. Work the Space is more a tutorialesque type of channel, but interesting still. DoctorBenji is an inbetween there. Bustthenet for how-tos and guides. Those are the main ones I look at.

I mainly watch Doctor Benjy (though his comedic style is a bit Marmite) and Lollujo (for his 'realistic' approach to the game). I do quite enjoy Proudie as well (partly because he doesn't take himself too seriously) and also occasionally watch Golden FM, Loki Doki and Second Yellow Card. Work The Space is a good channel to follow if you want to be informed more than entertained.

Mind you, it's been a few years since I found a new FM YouTuber to get into, as much of my YT time nowadays is spent watching other stuff.

Loki Doki is just the best for me. Doesn't really try to be a YouTuber at all despite it becoming his job, you really do feel like (as others say) you're round a mates house watching FM. Doesn't take himself too seriously and tries to stumble on a tactic that works, however bizarre, without attempting to game the ME. 

No fancy graphics, just the same intro and his amusing annotations on screen when he realises in editing that he's missing something glaringly obvious. 

I wish he'd do more skits like he did in 17's journeyman though, I know time constraints of running two series alongside each other have taken over but he's at his best. 

Fort William has been an amazing save on this version, unfortunately I lost interest in the Journeyman around July and couldn't be bothered to get back into it. Really is my favourite fm youtuber and tbh, the only one I'd watch apart from @docklanders

On 14/10/2019 at 20:06, CFuller said:

I mainly watch Doctor Benjy (though his comedic style is a bit Marmite) and Lollujo (for his 'realistic' approach to the game). I do quite enjoy Proudie as well (partly because he doesn't take himself too seriously) and also occasionally watch Golden FM, Loki Doki and Second Yellow Card. Work The Space is a good channel to follow if you want to be informed more than entertained.

Mind you, it's been a few years since I found a new FM YouTuber to get into, as much of my YT time nowadays is spent watching other stuff.

Just a bit. It's what put me off watching his videos, grated on me big time with his throw away one liners every few seconds. Which were not at all funny, i just found them tiresome and boring so won't watch his stuff

He is ok on the game, but i just can't stand his attempts at comedy.

Edited by ChelseaSince86

Loki Doki, bigherbthenerd and Lollujo for me on youtube are the best by a considerable distance (IMO) in terms of how they present the videos, how they play the game; and dont try to act like 'know it alls' like other youtubers do., Jenkaldo is alright, too.   

Watch the ones where the guys play the game like you and I, level headed, and don't try to act as if they know every single thing there is and are better than the rest.  Those ones are the worst. That is why i dont watch foxinthebox and work the space.  again though, all personal preference. 

The best of all IMO again, who i could watch all day no problem, is Teach on twitch.  I think he is returning to streaming when FM20 comes out.  That guys' content is so good. He explains everything he is doing and why, interacts with his viewers all the time and if he loses a load of games on the spin, he wont blame the ME or slate the game, he will just continue to tweak his tactics until they work.  He is another where its simply like watching your mate play the game.

Edited by ChelseaSince86

I've been watching DoctorBenjy, but my favourite FM Youtuber is TomFM.  Whilst I've not really got into his non-FM stuff, I really enjoyed his most recent career series which wrapped up recently in preparation for FM20 which was called "The Lincoln Loco", where he took over Tier 8's Lincoln United to see how far he could take them.

Are there any YouTubers who are just 'average' players? Not using downloading tactics and winning everything in sight, but rather creating their own stuff and sometimes even failing or getting fired? That's the type of thing I would watch, just not sure it's out there.

7 hours ago, ChelseaSince86 said:

Loki Doki, bigherbthenerd and Lollujo for me on youtube are the best by a considerable distance (IMO) in terms of how they present the videos, how they play the game; and dont try to act like 'know it alls' like other youtubers do., Jenkaldo is alright, too.   

Watch the ones where the guys play the game like you and I, level headed, and don't try to act as if they know every single thing there is and are better than the rest.  Those ones are the worst. That is why i dont watch foxinthebox and work the space.  again though, all personal preference. 

The best of all IMO again, who i could watch all day no problem, is Teach on twitch.  I think he is returning to streaming when FM20 comes out.  That guys' content is so good. He explains everything he is doing and why, interacts with his viewers all the time and if he loses a load of games on the spin, he wont blame the ME or slate the game, he will just continue to tweak his tactics until they work.  He is another where its simply like watching your mate play the game.

Agree with that, I watched Teach when he had his Argentinos Juniors save enjoyed every minute of that save. Hopefully he returns to Argentina with one of the big boys for this years FM.

55 minutes ago, HUNT3R said:

Are there any YouTubers who are just 'average' players? Not using downloading tactics and winning everything in sight, but rather creating their own stuff and sometimes even failing or getting fired? That's the type of thing I would watch, just not sure it's out there.

I have the same feeling when I watch some of them. It all looks great on streams, superb squad, smashing opponents and winning every division in 1st/2nd season even with average teams. 

And you know what? The funny thing is that some of them created these FM 2020 features reactions, with explanation why this can be good/bad but when you watch their streams - they just click continue all the time :lol: No meaningful advice's to viewers, no hindsight, sometimes they don't even know and bother how to spell correctly club name. It's just TRANSFER WINDOW, WONDERKIDS, REGEN HUNTING, SCOUTING SOUTH AMERICA/AFRICA. Zero talking to players/team meetings, zero talking to club (only talking with board when facilities/money needs to be upgraded), zero real life manager activity. Just win and continue. And these players have the audacity to criticize SI Games for not enough depth :lol:  

1 hour ago, HUNT3R said:

That's Loki Doki to a tee, imo. Just plays it how your average Joe would. Will develop a tactic that works somehow and go with it. When he can't  pronounce a foreign players name he'll just give them an amusing nickname. In Journeyman saves he'll blunder his way into a job without reading the rules of the league. I think it was his 17 save where he took a job in italy and spunked his budget on a couple of Non EU players before realising he couldn't register them :D

he doesn't get sacked too often really though, has a habit of overacheiving wherever he goes, but not in a way that's boring or winning everything in sight. 

1 hour ago, Stevicus said:

That's Loki Doki to a tee, imo.

I second that. I strongly recommend watching two or three of his episodes back to back to see if you catch the bug. It's great viewing, and the one thing you can never accuse him of is using standard or overpowered tactics. One of the things he likes to do is completely change his tactics every season or so, because he gets bored of constantly using the same system. 

42 minutes ago, DementedHammer said:

I second that. I strongly recommend watching two or three of his episodes back to back to see if you catch the bug. It's great viewing, and the one thing you can never accuse him of is using standard or overpowered tactics. One of the things he likes to do is completely change his tactics every season or so, because he gets bored of constantly using the same system. 

Also with the added benefit of him turning any player into a full back, regardless of positions they naturally play. :D

but hes great for experimental tactics, will often just create something a bit odd and then somehow jam his players into it rather than just buy someone specifically for a position. Sometimes it works,  a lot of the time it doesn't but its compelling viewing and you find yourself gaining affinity towards some of his players 

Edited by Stevicus

1 hour ago, louissiscool said:

I would say the best FM youtouber for following a career on would be workthespace. His sochaux series was great and was very interesting to see him develop players and get them to a good level.

He's now one of those creators that's so good at the game, there's rarely any drama in his saves. He takes over a team, signs loads of wonderkids and ends up winning everything relatively quickly. 

I actually prefer watching people who struggle for seasons before eventually getting it right. Loki is good for this among others. 

4 hours ago, HUNT3R said:

That was one of the reasons I enjoyed Jub. He basically played one single game save for the entirety of that year's FM and would highs and lows. I remember he once got his dream job at Liverpool in a stream after slogging through the lower leagues but got sacked for bad team harmony in his first season :D

There was a guy called EvolvingMick1986 who was a whizz at the game. He took Alloa from the Scottish 3rd Division to European Champions in about 10 years, did similar with a Danish club and completed the Pentagon Challenge in relatively quick time. He was a fun personality though and explained his way of playing and just general musings in a chilled manner. 

27 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

He's now one of those creators that's so good at the game, there's rarely any drama in his saves. He takes over a team, signs loads of wonderkids and ends up winning everything relatively quickly. 

I actually prefer watching people who struggle for seasons before eventually getting it right. Loki is good for this among others. 

Your a bit of a sadist then? :D

5 hours ago, HUNT3R said:

I wouldn't say many youtubers, I have built two pretty decent tactics put a couple videos out on them been well received and you can download them on steam, I got sacked quite early on in the fm19 cycle with fiorentina as that was me experimenting with a tika taka style. I am not a pro only been doing it 18 months but the channel has grown pretty well in that time.

1 hour ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

I dont think workthespace is that good at the game tbh.  Its all downloaded tactics and signing the same players all the time who they know turn out good. I agree with the last bit too

The game is not really interesting to watch through Youtube. Sure, you can learn a thing or two, but 80% is 'use this tactic and win', 'buy this dude' and 'let's look a 1000 years into the future.'

What a TON of people on their channels indeed do is get that year's wonderkids list and buy them all within the next few seasons. As mentioned, the game is already dull, they just made it worse. 

Therefore, Youtubers who are definitely reading this forum ADAPT!  

Loki Doki for me. Love his journeyman saves with his little backstories.
His jokes are brilliant. As is his butchering of many names that he doesn't know how to pronounce. Well, that is a bit wrong.
If Loki Doki pronounces a name a certain way, then that IS the way to pronounce it. Lefevbbvbvbr knows that :D

Finding his own tactic, players and hopping around from club to club.
It is a very enjoyable watch with a few good laughs. Even find myself invested enough that i'm so into his matches i punch the air when he succeeds.
Think i'm more of a fan of Loki than Arsenal these days :D

On 13/10/2019 at 15:10, SuperRedditch said:

For learning about the game and improving your tactics/training you can't beat BusttheNet.

Tried multiple gameplay YouTubers and I personally just don't think the game makes particularly enjoyable watching.

BTN is great when he is right, but he is unfortunately very opinionated and that sometimes leads to him refusing to accept that FM is a game and isn't a perfect simulation of real world football.

1 hora atrás, Miravlix disse:

BTN is great when he is right, but he is unfortunately very opinionated and that sometimes leads to him refusing to accept that FM is a game and isn't a perfect simulation of real world football.

I won't answer for him but... isn't that the point of FM, try to simulate real world football?

And I prefer people with their own opinion. Either if I agree or not. When they try to please everyone is when I'm off.

Edited by 99

10 hours ago, north_london_fan said:

The only FM Youtuber I watch nowadays is Loki Doki. I used to watch TTTv2TEW a lot, his FM14 - Tottenham Hotspur The Journey Man was amazing! But I have not seem him upload FM content for a while :(.

He’s had some personal issues that’s he’s taking a few days off to sort out. He’ll be back to every other day videos shortly I’m sure.

Loki Doki is the best for me too. He brings up and says the things I imagine during my saves, like buying players with stupid bames