Round 16: Spain v Russia

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, toon_84 said:

Russia were excellent for me. They knew what they had to do and did it brilliantly

it's one of those when a smaller team/nation plays another and is expected to play in a way to allow the bigger club/nation to win

Russia aren't great but they played well in the way they can do.  Spain should have changed it up, they didn't and that's what happens

1 minute ago, toon_84 said:

Russia were excellent for me. They knew what they had to do and did it brilliantly

They literally just stood in solid banks and didn't bother closing down a Spain side that was passing sideways in a truly pedestrian fashion. The few times Spain upped the tempo they looked anything but solid at the back.

3 minuti fa, ginnybob ha scritto:

Literally couldn't ask for a better route to the final for any of those countries now.

We're going out against Colombia aren't we?

The World Cup of the underdogs, isn't it

1 minute ago, TM said:

it's one of those when a smaller team/nation plays another and is expected to play in a way to allow the bigger club/nation to win

Russia aren't great but they played well in the way they can do.  Spain should have changed it up, they didn't and that's what happens

But it wasn't some great defensive performance, they simply weren't tested by an idiotic Spain. I'm all for a team doing a Greece, but nothing about Russia suggests they will be able to defend a good side playing at tempo.

3 minutes ago, Andrew_ said:

One of Russia, Croatia, Denmark, Sweden, Switzerland, England, or Colombia is going to the World Cup final.

England now FAVOURITES to reach the World Cup final from our half of the draw.

Football eh? Bloody hell.

Just now, G-Man11 said:

They literally just stood in solid banks and didn't bother closing down a Spain side that was passing sideways in a truly pedestrian fashion. The few times Spain upped the tempo they looked anything but solid at the back.

That's on Spain not Russia.

Bus well and truly parked. Fares please

3 minutes ago, Andrew_ said:

One of Russia, Croatia, Denmark, Sweden, Switzerland, England, or Colombia is going to the World Cup final.

This is Englands best chance to at least reach a final of a WC. Alot of the "better" teams out and arguable the easier side of the draw. If they dont get to at least the final now they never will

Just now, Astafjevs said:

Seems fashionable to say this. But they created more than Russia

It's not even fashionable, they literally spent 106 minutes playing it side to side to side to side... before realizing that perhaps a bit of pace would cause this Russian defense trouble, and then after that flurry reverted back to the type of overpassing and generally doing nothing. They were poor, Russia played them brilliantly.

7 minutes ago, Andrew_ said:

When was the last time we had a minnow like those in the final? :D 

4 minutes ago, Astafjevs said:

Seems fashionable to say this. But they created more than Russia

That's not exactly much of an achievement, especially for a team like Spain.

Their approach was completely wrong.

SOMEBODY HELP ME!!!!

My team had 79% possession (91% pass completion), 24 shots (9 on target), 5 fouls.

The AI had 21% possession (71% pass completion), 7 shots (1 on target), 19 fouls.

The game finished 1-1 and my team LOST ON PENALTIES! HOW IS THAT EVEN ******* POSSIBLE?????? :seagull:

Is my FM save broken or does the AI cheat? It's nothing to do with my tactics because I'm very good at tactics. I almost managed Oviedo to the Spanish second division playoffs last year.

Thank you in advance,

Fernando

1 minute ago, EnterUsernameHere said:

Joint on Betfair when I checked post-match. 

Joint favorites after barely winning against Tunisia, battering a Sunday league team and losing the third game on purpose.

As for Spain, well deserved elimination.

So many class players and such a clueless gameplan. Serves them right.

Hopefully UTD fans stop rating DDG as best goalkeeper in the world.

Just now, EnterUsernameHere said:

Joint on Betfair when I checked post-match. 

Sorry meant from our side of the draw. Best price 9/4 England, 14/5 Croatia according to oddschecker.

Just now, CFuller said:

SOMEBODY HELP ME!!!!

My team had 79% possession (91% pass completion), 24 shots (9 on target), 5 fouls.

The AI had 21% possession (71% pass completion), 7 shots (1 on target), 19 fouls.

The game finished 1-1 and my team LOST ON PENALTIES! HOW IS THAT EVEN ******* POSSIBLE?????? :seagull:

Is my FM save broken or does the AI cheat? It's nothing to do with my tactics because I'm very good at tactics. I almost managed Oviedo to the Spanish second division playoffs last year.

Thank you in advance,

Fernando

Is that you ajw?

5 minutes ago, SteveUK said:

I really wanted to see Cesc freak out in the post match discussion and yell at the camera "You should of took me! i would of passed it forward more times than you useless bastards!"

I mean, his "why did they keep two defensive midfielders on" wasn't far off :D 

Just now, EnterUsernameHere said:

Oh I know. On Betfair they were joint favs to reach the final from that side. May have changed.

Ah okay when I looked Betfair had us, Brazil and France all joints to reach final :D Tbf I think oddschecker takes about half an hour after a game to calm down.

2 minutes ago, git2thachoppa said:

Get the pitchforks out for these men:

img_ozarate_20160719-215156_imagenes_md_

Florentino Pérez (President of Real Madrid) and Luis Rubiales (President of RFEF / 'Spanish FA').

Perez is immune, he can do what he wants. Up to the Spanish FA to show they have the balls to punish Madrid for tapping up the national team manager days before the World Cup.

Archived