Football Manager 2016 Out Now - Official Feedback Thread

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm finding the last couple of updates have dramatically changed the match engine

I was unbeaten for 2 season and the update coincided with the first gam of a new season- lost all the first five games having changed nothing about the set up and personel.

You most likely had a tactic that took advantage of something that was considered a bug in the match engine, Now that has been removed your tactic has suffered. Or the teams in your league have realised how you play and have adapted as you say you don't change anything about it

The changes to the me from the original beta release have definitely been for the worse in my opinion. My form hasn't changed, and I'm doing just as well, but seeing the one touch, laser precision, counter attacks from mediocre teams others have mentioned, has certainly made me feel less like I'm playing a realistic depiction of football.

Loving the game so far, and I think the match engine is far superior to that of FM 15. Great work SI :)

I didn't know where to ask this, however I bought a physical copy of the game and I was wondering how do I download the documentary? I have a code in the box, but its not appearing in my Steam library.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

I find 'Player Attribute Masking' so exaggerated. It is like eyes wide shut. I think it doesn't make sense at all. I am Galatasaray head coach and I can't even see more than half attributes of Fenerbahce goalkeeper Volkan Demirel who is key player for 13 years. %25 of Van Persie is masked. His Freekick is 13-16 haha even my sister who doesnt know anything about soccer knows how Van Perise takes freekick!! Scandal! It is just ridiculous. %90 of Hakan Calhanoglu is masked which he is key player for the Turkish National Team and number 10 for Leverkusen which is about to qualify to last 16 in Champions League. Even Arda Turan! Everyone is masked! It is crazy. In transfer season when i think the time I am gonna waste on looking every single player, i say 'eh next season'. I think you should be able to see the players fully whose nationality is same with yours. I see scouts are important but we are head coaches, we are professionals, we sleep and wake up with soccer. We should be able to see worldwide and continental players fully. I hate to play the game unrealistic way but I think I am going to disable 'Player Attribute Masking' till the next update. Because for now can't seeing anyone seems more unrealistic to me..

I find 'Player Attribute Masking' so exaggerated. It is like eyes wide shut. I think it doesn't make sense at all. I am Galatasaray head coach and I can't even see more than half attributes of Fenerbahce goalkeeper Volkan Demirel who is key player for 13 years. %25 of Van Persie is masked. His Freekick is 13-16 haha even my sister who doesnt know anything about soccer knows how Van Perise takes freekick!! Scandal! It is just ridiculous. %90 of Hakan Calhanoglu is masked which he is key player for the Turkish National Team and number 10 for Leverkusen which is about to qualify to last 16 in Champions League. Even Arda Turan! Everyone is masked! It is crazy. In transfer season when i think the time I am gonna waste on looking every single player, i say 'eh next season'. I think you should be able to see the players fully whose nationality is same with yours. I see scouts are important but we are head coaches, we are professionals, we sleep and wake up with soccer. We should be able to see worldwide and continental players fully. I hate to play the game unrealistic way but I think I am going to disable 'Player Attribute Masking' till the next update. Because for now can't seeing anyone seems more unrealistic to me..

Well, what is your manager's Player Knowledge attribute?

Does anyone actually play the game without needing to use the editor?? I swear every other post is about the editor

Last time I used the editor was in FM14 because they got the seat colours wrong in the stadium of my local team.

People who change the attributes of players purely based on a patch of good form in real life when the game comes out need to have a word with themselves.

Still feels like your playing whack'a'mole if you have a top end team with a good selection of star players.

No matter how bad your tactics is, if you get them motivated they can win even in 0-0-10 formations (all players put on the opposition end of the field tactics) and it's all about motivation issues if you have problems.

The main issue with the motivation whack'a'mole thing, is I have no data on player motivation and it's a stupid guessing game to get it right.

Do they lack Passion, Focus? Who knows? I don't have data to make an informed opinion from.

Not so good teams, you can't simply win due to the stats of your players, but have to actually create a good tactics to fight the opposition, much more entertaining and make the motivation struggle much less in your face, than it is for star teams, where it's 100% motivation and 0% tactics if you win or loss.

The main issue with the motivation whack'a'mole thing, is I have no data on player motivation and it's a stupid guessing game to get it right.

You have plenty of data. You have the Assistant's feedback IN a game. You have the team talk feedback (a brilliant screen) AFTER a game. You have player body language IN a game.

Im having a problem of when the game is processing through the days and the calendar comes up and i go back to my desktop, to say go on the internet etc. When I click the short cut icon in the task bar to go back to the game, the game still has the processing bar along the top even though it has finished processing. As behind it I can see every other screen, play matches etc. But i cant see anything as the screen is faded out and the processing bar is over alot of the screen. This is the 1st version of FM this has happened on. Does anyone have any ideas?

Cheers daylight very much appreciated fella :thup:

No problem, if you are still worried you can download something like speedfan or Rivatuner , those programs will speed up your cooling and of course your system will run at a lower temp.

I have used Rivatuner quite a bit and it is very good.

No problem, if you are still worried you can download something like speedfan , that will speed up your cooling and of course your system will run at a lower temp.

Once again thank you very much, just not to clued up on core temps

Im having a problem of when the game is processing through the days and the calendar comes up and i go back to my desktop, to say go on the internet etc. When I click the short cut icon in the task bar to go back to the game, the game still has the processing bar along the top even though it has finished processing. As behind it I can see every other screen, play matches etc. But i cant see anything as the screen is faded out and the processing bar is over alot of the screen. This is the 1st version of FM this has happened on. Does anyone have any ideas?

Sorted it. Changed my settings to maximised borderless windowed.

People who change the attributes of players purely based on a patch of good form in real life when the game comes out need to have a word with themselves.

Personally I use the editor to go the other way. For example, I feel that the Chelsea researcher rates his team much more objectively than those of the other top teams in the PL, he actually gives the players weaknesses, and that doesn't really seem to happen with the other teams. So I'd spend a bit of time rebalancing a few teams. That's just my opinion of course, others may feel the ratings are fine. I'm not a Chelsea fan, for what it's worth, I'd happily watch them underachieve if I thought it was balanced.

I'm planning on sticking with my beta save this time around, probably won't even download the editor.

It's really disappointing that the feature where you could view the squad depth based on your current formation has been removed. That was a screen I used a lot, particularly during the close season, as it was a good guide to see where I needed to strengthen. I know the overall squad depth is there, but that shows every position. The other screen was better.

Sorted it. Changed my settings to maximised borderless windowed.
It happens when you tab out

the recommended solution is to refresh the skin (hopefully you remember how to find preferences-interface)

Shift + R will also solve the issue by refreshing the skin as a workaround until it's fixed.

Last time I used the editor was in FM14 because they got the seat colours wrong in the stadium of my local team.

Why does it bother you what people use the editor for, they pay their money like everyone else, let them play it whichever way they want. :rolleyes:

Player ratings are subjective, so it's not surprising a lot of people find the need to change some before they can enjoy the game.

I do not agree with everything I've seen in the game, but I also don't entertain the idea that I know more than the researcher whose job it is to regularly watch these players in order to assign these attributes. At the end of the day, if a player is as good as you think he is, then that should be obvious to other people, not just to you. I'll never forget I went to a game one day, and within 1 minute I knew who the best player was.

I say play the way you want, but I just want to show some appreciation for the researchers. I trust the work they are doing.

I do not agree with everything I've seen in the game, but I also don't entertain the idea that I know more than the researcher whose job it is to regularly watch these players in order to assign these attributes. At the end of the day, if a player is as good as you think he is, then that should be obvious to other people, not just to you. I'll never forget I went to a game one day, and within 1 minute I knew who the best player was.

I say play the way you want, but I just want to show some appreciation for the researchers. I trust the work they are doing.

Nice job arguing against a point I didn't make.

Is anyone else noticing the tactic familiarity bar goes full green very quickly in this version, I've played 6 pre season friendlies and it's 3/4 of the way across already.

Opposite for me... can't get my players to gel at all.. probably because I'm not training them intensely enough with team cohesion..

Opposite for me... can't get my players to gel at all.. probably because I'm not training them intensely enough with team cohesion..

I tried something different this time, I had training on fitness and very heavy for the 1st 3 weeks, no individual player training until I changed to Cohesion on average.

Yeah, but I actually like it in a classic FM kind of way. The regen faces have always been bad, this just continues that tradition. :D Honestly though, I prefer the regen looking face to the black outline of a head.

Oh so do I, I'm obsessive about it. If I come across a real player without a face, I find one for him straight away...

I have struggled with the new set piece creator for a bit, but I see nice potential to provide more specific instructions with it. The rest of the tactics creator seems improved. I like the changes to the team instructions interface.

The blurring of the background when confirming something in the foreground is quite annoying. I hope that can be undone for the future.

I really enjoy the leaguewide comparisons on the staff pages. Very helpful and a nice added touch!

Apologies if this has already been mentioned:

When I go to World -> Managers it won't show the reputations of the managers like in previous versions. Who are the best managers in the world?

When I play matches the player stats page is very straining on my eyes. First of all, there are too many numbers crammed into a short space. I don't need to know how many throw-ins or corners a player has taken during the match. We should be able to customize this view like we can with the match stats page. Second of all, I would like some sort of background color scheme for this page to differentiate between the numbers. For example, you could give the Headers and Headers Won stat a blue background color so that when I quickly want to seek out this stat (too see how my target man tactic is doing), I can immediately focus my eyes on the numbers with the blue background.

The option to call a team meeting when I started the season as Liverpool manager was not there in the last update (I have only played through pre-season). I should be able to introduce myself to my new players!

My board now cites that I have not been with the club very long when they deny my immediate requests for upgrading youth facilities and increasing youth recruitment. This feels a bit more realistic and I like it.

Just like you can now get asked if you want to take staff with you when you move to a new club, I also think that when you take over a club like Liverpool at the start of the game you should get a message saying Krawietz and Buvac want to follow Klopp out the door (they both have Klopp listed as Favoured Personell and probably would leave IRL if Klopp left LFC).

Why does it say in coach report that Jordon Ibe has "the potential to be a Premier League left winger in the future"? The adjective we got in that sentence with previous version is missing. I want to know if my coaches thinks he'll be a star PL winger or not.

When managing Liverpool at the start of the game, Real's Ødegaard does not show up on the "all known players" page. I tried to un-tick "unrealistic transfers" and also typed in his name in the filter options. How is this possible? LFC already have 100% knowledge of Spain at the start, and Ødegaard is one of the most well-known teenagers in world football at the moment.

Generally it seems a bit too easy to sell players way higher than their value. This makes the game too easy.

I have posted this in the bugs forum, with PKM (amongst some others) but...

1. Is anyone else experiencing this sort of defending?

2. Any suggestions what I can do?

21f0faa.png

Yep get this all the time, defending is calamity at best. Closing down is really bad and if you ramp the slider up they go too much and you have 4 or 5 player running around following the ball.

Players getting sent off is a problem as well, just because a player has 20 aggression doesn't mean he has to get sent off every game.

Games are so hit and miss at the mo, makes you wander who actually signed off the final release did they even play it ?

Archived