Football Manager 2016 Out Now - Official Feedback Thread

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yes many changes have been made to the Belgian competitions for the format changes from the 2016/17 season. You will now be able to be promoted from the Third Division straight away. You will however need to start a new game for the competition changes to be present.

U mean straight away for the season 16/17 ? Because no team can promote this season in the third division . It's a crazy system in my country :

16 teams play in the first division in 16/17(same system )

8 teams play in the second division in 16/17 (new system

a new 'amateur' liga is created in 16/17

When I go into the Prozone analysis at half time and start to check average positions of the opposition players there are quite often 14 players represented even though only 11 players have played up to that point.

I draw back the time bar back to 45 minutes and they vanish.

I play on the match and lo and behold the players shown at half time do enter the game at the times indicated in the half time Prozone analysis.

2 issues here for me.

1, Players showing in the Prozone average positions who haven't participated in the match at that point.

2, It suggests to me that the AI changes are scripted.

p.s these players are not being brought on at half time.

• SI Staff
When I go into the Prozone analysis at half time and start to check average positions of the opposition players there are quite often 14 players represented even though only 11 players have played up to that point.

I draw back the time bar back to 45 minutes and they vanish.

I play on the match and lo and behold the players shown at half time do enter the game at the times indicated in the half time Prozone analysis.

2 issues here for me.

1, Players showing in the Prozone average positions who haven't participated in the match at that point.

2, It suggests to me that the AI changes are scripted.

p.s these players are not being brought on at half time.

Hi Os, this issue is one we're aware of but it isn't to do with the match being scripted and the average positions at the beginning of the game won't necessarily match the ones at the end of it.

Hi Os, this issue is one we're aware of but it isn't to do with the match being scripted and the average positions at the beginning of the game won't necessarily match the ones at the end of it.

I'm certainly not believing the match is scripted, but the additional players at the start of the match have ALWAYS been the ones coming into the match later, no matter what I changed / who I subbed in and how the match developed. Surely a manager would sub in other players while leading 5-0 than while being down 0-2. But the AI seems to be convinced who it will substitute during the match, no matter how the match goes.

I especially don't understand how it works with injured players: If one player has to come off this should change the substitution plans, unless the injury has been pre-scripted from the start of the match and the AI knew that the player would get injured, what I refuse to believe, as it would make tactical changes DURING the match (soft tackling) completely without effect on the match itself.

So why does the AI always substitute the same players (which you can see from the start of the match on the analysis tool), no matter what human input occurs during the match or how the score is or who gets injured? Or am I having a big misunderstanding here?

OK, so hears my feedback after 6 pre season friendlies.

The ME is working fine and the tactics I had prepared in the Beta have transferred without a glitch into the main game itself, well done for that. I don't know if it's my tactics or not but my defenders are all doing fine, no getting out of position etc but I have to remember I've only played weaker teams as it's pre season and these games are for building up match fitness/cohesion.

The interface is ok even though it is all a bit confusing at times but once you get used to it, it works well.

Hi guys.

I'm currently playing the demo version. I have noticed that some elements of the 3D match engine don't look the same as that of the full version. For example, players all wearing the same boots instead of different coloured ones. Is it because of the graphics quality I'm using?

Hi guys.

I'm currently playing the demo version. I have noticed that some elements of the 3D match engine don't look the same as that of the full version. For example, players all wearing the same boots instead of different coloured ones. Is it because of the graphics quality I'm using?

I'm guessing here, but possibly linked to the level of football as well. Which team are you managing?

I'm certainly not believing the match is scripted, but the additional players at the start of the match have ALWAYS been the ones coming into the match later, no matter what I changed / who I subbed in and how the match developed. Surely a manager would sub in other players while leading 5-0 than while being down 0-2. But the AI seems to be convinced who it will substitute during the match, no matter how the match goes.

I especially don't understand how it works with injured players: If one player has to come off this should change the substitution plans, unless the injury has been pre-scripted from the start of the match and the AI knew that the player would get injured, what I refuse to believe, as it would make tactical changes DURING the match (soft tackling) completely without effect on the match itself.

So why does the AI always substitute the same players (which you can see from the start of the match on the analysis tool), no matter what human input occurs during the match or how the score is or who gets injured? Or am I having a big misunderstanding here?

Its disconcerting to say the least, I would like it explained.

Not only are the changes pre conceived, but also the timings.

I wonder if anybody noticed any problem with the IWB? In theory player with this role should play as a regular fullback with the difference of cutting inside when having the ball, rather than staying wide and putting crosses. In my game (managing Robur Siena) none of my right fullback does that. I tried 3 players on this role (none of 'em has the trait "hugs the line" or such) and everyone just, well... hugs the line. I wanted to play winger in the midfield with support role, so IWB would be a nice complemen to him. Too bad, that IWB can't be given the attack duty though.

I guess I'll have to switch to CWB (s) and IF (a) for that matter.

Oh, the feedback: the game is superb, the ME is classy. No major issues yet.

One question though - where on Steam can I find the documentary, that was added to the beta?

I'm guessing here, but possibly linked to the level of football as well. Which team are you managing?

Thanks for the quick reply HUNT3R. I'm managing Manchester United. Played 2 pre-season friendlies so far and all players on the pitch were wearing exactly the same boots.

Hi

Congrats on the release! The game looks really solid this year!

I'm sure you guys at SI will be working on a patch to fix minor issues that are already known and the ones that will appear over the next couple of weeks. Will the upcoming patch(es) be save game-compatible? Dont want to start with a non-league team if I have to start all over again in a month :)

Hi

I'm sure you guys at SI will be working on a patch to fix minor issues that are already known and the ones that will appear over the next couple of weeks. Will the upcoming patch(es) be save game-compatible? Dont want to start with a non-league team if I have to start all over again in a month :)

Patches are always save-game compatible, with the exception of database changes. So things like the Ansar budget above wouldn't be fixed, but everything else would.

Hi

Yes, with the exception of data corrections

Question... My players don't show up in the league stats - average minutes per goal category.

nMIXtvw.jpg

OO1ohSe.jpg

I've noticed this in the beta too, but figured they needed a certain number of apps to appear in there. But apparently there's something else at work.

Cheers

Is it just me or are there lots of bad passes/headers back to the GK after the RC1 update?

It not just my defenders, but the AI players too. I have matches with 4-5 terrible loose backpasses (most of them headers, but also some passes).

Also see quite a bit of extremely risky crossover passes where IE the Right fullback tries to find the left midfielder with a low pass that has to pass several opponments (AI players also do this).

As a sidenote, I guess these things are more realistic. But its unusual for me in FM ;)

I think this was raised by someone else in the 16.1 beta feedback thread but not answered. We seem to have lost the squad/squad depth/current formation view. Is this a bug, or a deliberate design decision? If the latter, I'd like to start the campaign to bring it back - it was easily my most-used tool for determining the strength of my squad and identifying transfer targets, as well as determining the best tactic for a given group of players.

• SI Staff
Question... My players don't show up in the league stats - average minutes per goal category.

nMIXtvw.jpg

OO1ohSe.jpg

I've noticed this in the beta too, but figured they needed a certain number of apps to appear in there. But apparently there's something else at work.

Cheers

Hi Steeler, would you mind posting this in the User Interface Issues forum? If you'd be able to put your save on our FTP so we can take a look at this one that'd be great.

Cheers.

@HUNT3R

I've actually just compared my game footage to that of the the official FM16 videos posted on youtube and my 3D view doesn't look the same. Players still all wearing the same boots, even during a Utd- Liverpool game. Doesn't look right to me.

378180_screenshots_2015-11-13_00001_zpsemdhn4n5.jpg

Long throws still seems below technique and it looks confusing if you're used to see it below Long shoots as owerview profile shows however abbreviation of Long throws hasn't been changed.That should be fixed as the earliest opportunity.

Uhm, you do realize it's fixed now and you want it set back to broken?

My 3D graphics are currently set to "low". Even on "very high" there's no difference

You may wish to try clearing your cache and preferences to see if this helps: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/437015

If not, then report it here and we can look into it in more detail: http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/505-Match-Engine-Issues

Is it just me or are there lots of bad passes/headers back to the GK after the RC1 update?

It not just my defenders, but the AI players too. I have matches with 4-5 terrible loose backpasses (most of them headers, but also some passes).

Also see quite a bit of extremely risky crossover passes where IE the Right fullback tries to find the left midfielder with a low pass that has to pass several opponments (AI players also do this).

As a sidenote, I guess these things are more realistic. But its unusual for me in FM ;)

Anything you consider a Match Engine bug, please report here and we can investigate further: http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/505-Match-Engine-Issues

I wonder if anybody noticed any problem with the IWB? In theory player with this role should play as a regular fullback with the difference of cutting inside when having the ball, rather than staying wide and putting crosses. In my game (managing Robur Siena) none of my right fullback does that. I tried 3 players on this role (none of 'em has the trait "hugs the line" or such) and everyone just, well... hugs the line. I wanted to play winger in the midfield with support role, so IWB would be a nice complemen to him. Too bad, that IWB can't be given the attack duty though.

One question though - where on Steam can I find the documentary, that was added to the beta?

Hello Skam, if you're unhappy with the behaviour of the IWB please report it here: http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/505-Match-Engine-Issues

Can I ask, are you using players for this role who have a stronger foot on the inside? For example, a right-footed left-back.

I have raised this as its frustrated me since FM15 Beta that they don't work as per real life. The response i got was that the IWB's are designed to work like deep lying Inside Forwards... ie, they will cut in only when quite high up and close to opposition box. This is obviously different from most examples of real life IWB movements, who act more like David Alaba in the Bayern v's Arsenal 5-1 win.

IWB's do seem act more life CWB's (in fact i cant tell the difference). Just like Wingers and Inside Forwards act identically (which has been raised elsewhere).

These are my only gripes with this years version, which is actually superb minus these 2 (personal) niggles.

Hello Skam, if you're unhappy with the behaviour of the IWB please report it here: http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/505-Match-Engine-Issues

Can I ask, are you using players for this role who have a stronger foot on the inside? For example, a right-footed left-back.

When I raised this very topic during BETA I was told what I have written above in response to Skam, and begrudgingly accepted it! :)

• SI Staff
0fd8386305ac8d8ed10d36ba89b03470.png

Also bought Darmian.. 3 rb en lb + ridiculous transfer money

Hey there Dennis_Ajax,

If you reckon you've got a transfer bug, could you please post in the Transfers & Contracts forum? Link here: http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/523-Transfers-Contracts-and-Scouting-Issues

They will likely require a save before these deals go through, if you happen to have one. Details on uploading to our FTP here: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/441296

Thanks very much,

Seb.

When I raised this very topic during BETA I was told what I have written above in response to Skam, and begrudgingly accepted it! :)

Just double checked that thread Marsh. RTHerringbone responded to you I believe. What he said what that the IWB will cut inside with the ball at this feet, but when out of possession, will occupy a position closer to the touchline. Always happy to discuss the possibility of changes in the Match Engine bugs forum though :)

Just double checked that thread Marsh. RTHerringbone responded to you I believe. What he said what that the IWB will cut inside with the ball at this feet, but when out of possession, will occupy a position closer to the touchline. Always happy to discuss the possibility of changes in the Match Engine bugs forum though :)

Hi Tony. Yep, thats correct, i accepted it as if that is how the role was designed to work and its how it does (kind of) work then there is no bug. IS it worth opening a thread in the M.E forum again? It would be nice to have an option for the IWB to work like Alaba for Bayern or how Vidal played for Chile under Bielsa a few years ago but appreciate that its probably very hard to make a Wide player sit in outer CM roles when the team is in possession.

As it stands, PPMs seem to have MUCH more of a bearing in this edition so with correct PPM and role training maybe we can make an IWB act more like Alaba. Will have to try once i start a proper save :)

How to change the Sports Interactive folder location [universal]

To change the location of your Sports Interactive folder which contains save games, graphics and other files you need to add a command line to the game launch options.

To do this follow the instructions below:

- First of all create the folder in the location you want it to be

- Go into Steam and right-click on the game.

- Select 'Properties'

- Click 'Set Launch Options...'

- Copy the following into the dialogue box: --user_data_location="path"

- In the "path" section, enter the exact path where you created your folder.

The next time you launch the game, your Sports Interactive files will be saved to this folder.

Thanks. I am really bad at finding stuff in FAQ:s

Edit: I can't get that to work either. FM16 ignores the path to my D-drive and keeps placing the folder on my C-drive.

Edit again: After like 20 attempts FM finally got it.

Apparently this doesn't work when you run FM16 from the task bar in Win 7. Any idea how I fix this so I don't have to start the game from Steam every singe time I want to play? Maybe you could put the option to chose the location of your FM folder back in Preferences?

Archived