Football Manager 2016 Out Now - Official Feedback Thread

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrators
No problems with beta, during the processing I clicked out of the game to check the forums and my game got stuck on process screen. Save game wont load.

Read this as a workaround - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/441294-Calendar-Save-Bar-stuck-on-the-screen-after-Alt-Tab-out-of-the-game-Workaround

Thanks.

• Administrators
whats the difference between this new version 16.1.1 and yesterday? should i start a new game?

Current save games will work just fine on 16.1.1

Hi duccio, are you playing in FM or FMT? That shortcut is actually specific to FMT as in FM it's always available in the title bar & isn't a "button", as such.
What he was saying is that a shortcut for the search wasn't needed as search is always available to you at the top of the screen..

To make it clear, has the search shortcut really been removed from FM on purpose? Removed because it has been there for as long as I can remember. And was it really not "needed"? I have used the shortcut very often, and have hard time believing it has been exceptional.

A couple of weeks ago Daniel Marshall of SI Testing Team called the lack of search shortcut an issue that causes inconvenience.

• Administrators
fmfail.gif

what the hell :D

Looks like an animation/contact point problem as the ball kind of appears it hits the keeper but yeah, it clearly doesn't. If you could raise it here we'd appreciate it - http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/505-Match-Engine-Issues

• SI Staff
To make it clear, has the search shortcut really been removed from FM on purpose? Removed because it has been there for as long as I can remember. And was it really not "needed"? I have used the shortcut very often, and have hard time believing it has been exceptional.

A couple of weeks ago Daniel Marshall of SI Testing Team called the lack of search shortcut an issue that causes inconvenience.

As he said in that thread, we are looking into it. Really the shortcuts are only to take you to another screen or to open up a button, but it's something we'll review.

Please do log anything you think is a bug in the bugs forums, though.

• Administrators
dont want to open a new thread just for this little question so, in the editor what is the potential ability like -60 -70? i know about -1 -2 -3....etc, but not like those big numbers

If you mean -65, -75 etc, they're wider/expanded ranges to allow for a more varied potential.

Am I no longer able to chose where I want the Football Manager 2016 folder? I have no room left on my C-drive for all my face packs, logos and kits.

How to change the Sports Interactive folder location [universal]

To change the location of your Sports Interactive folder which contains save games, graphics and other files you need to add a command line to the game launch options.

To do this follow the instructions below:

- First of all create the folder in the location you want it to be

- Go into Steam and right-click on the game.

- Select 'Properties'

- Click 'Set Launch Options...'

- Copy the following into the dialogue box: --user_data_location="path"

- In the "path" section, enter the exact path where you created your folder.

The next time you launch the game, your Sports Interactive files will be saved to this folder.

How to change the Sports Interactive folder location [universal]

Thanks. I am really bad at finding stuff in FAQ:s

Edit: I can't get that to work either. FM16 ignores the path to my D-drive and keeps placing the folder on my C-drive.

Edit again: After like 20 attempts FM finally got it.

Full release, day 1, it's all quiet and all anyone's interested in is the editor :rolleyes:. Guess that means job well done, in a way. The kind of release I've been waiting for for years (not that the others weren't good, but this one is great).

I love all the have you tried turning it off and oncomments.

I'm noticing that while in full screen if I use alt + tab while the game is updating then when I return to the screen the circle is no longer moving and I can access items behind the update screen but can't lose the update screen and what's behind is greyed out. If you know what I mean, didn't notice it before probably as I was mostly in windowed during beta. Bit of a pain in the arse, fortunately I can still save with the shortcut and close it through task manager.

I see again a release of FM and the squad selection screen 'forgets' your sorting / custom views every time you click in and out of the squad. It may be a small thing but so infuriating for me.

This. Playing as Benfica I have maybe 20 players out on loan and always choose "hide players not at club" for clarity, but it reverts backs very frequently.

Just out of curiosity, what are you all doing with the editor that it's so important to you? I've never even opened it, don't see the need.

I guess editing the game. Expanding the game with new leagues, new players and new rules is a huge part of the FM experience.

Playing the creations that others have made with a lot of love is even more fun imho.

Careful, I can see people getting incensed if you question their precious editor. Some people just use it to see hidden information about players and maybe change a few values that they think researchers got wrong. Others use it to create new teams, make transfers, or adjust budgets of certain clubs, things like that. Others use it to make entire new leagues and such.

First thoughts on the update is same at last update. The me defending is shocking would have thought it would have been fixed. Got defenders who are clearly favs for through balls stopping and letting attackers through. No marking, which is cool for average players but when you have players who have high marking you wld expect them to mark. Attacking seems ok nice flow to it and I'm not saying the game is bad it's fantastic but just defending seems a hit off

Another bit of feedback the closing down is a bit off with nearly every player following the ball looks like a benny hill sketch at times all the player running round like mad men but cue validity defending when you have 6 players follow the ball and obv opposition are left in the area in loads of space

Archived