Football Manager 2016 Out Now - Official Feedback Thread

Is there a bug with tactical familiarity??

Week away from season and spent the ENTIRE pre-season with the focus on this and all 3 tactics remain on awkward.

It has effected my preparation very badly, annoyingly too.

To build up tactic familiarity there are several things that you need to ensure you follow:

1) Set up at least a dozen friendlies - DO NOT allow a rest day before, or after the game

2) When organising friendlies, you need to have a training day before each game - if you don't have training day before the game then friendly is pointless re improving tactical familiarity

3) The scheduling bar in the training section should be moved all the way to the left; giving 50% match training focus

4) Ensure Match preparation focus set to match tactics

5) Make sure that you have a coach taking control of tactics category in training (more stars the better) and try to get workload to light

Following these should result in achievement of full tactical familiarity (or pretty close to full).

Signing lots of new players will reduce tactical familiarity, and training 3 tactics rather than one will also take longer.

I have so far played 7 of my 12 pre-season friendlies and despite making 6 new signings and training 3 tactics, I am already accomplished in 2 and competent in 1. This would seem to rule out there being a bug - see if you followed all tips above.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I understand it's a demo - but to limit to one country - but give us the choice of which country we would like to play in - for example, I'm in Ireland, I'd love to demo the Irish league before buying.
Other quick starts are available for download via Steam. I'm playing FM16 demo with Finnish league, for example.

To build up tactic familiarity there are several things that you need to ensure you follow:

1) Set up at least a dozen friendlies - DO NOT allow a rest day before, or after the game

2) When organising friendlies, you need to have a training day before each game - if you don't have training day before the game then friendly is pointless re improving tactical familiarity

3) The scheduling bar in the training section should be moved all the way to the left; giving 50% match training focus

4) Ensure Match preparation focus set to match tactics

5) Make sure that you have a coach taking control of tactics category in training (more stars the better) and try to get workload to light

Following these should result in achievement of full tactical familiarity (or pretty close to full).

Signing lots of new players will reduce tactical familiarity, and training 3 tactics rather than one will also take longer.

I have so far played 7 of my 12 pre-season friendlies and despite making 6 new signings and training 3 tactics, I am already accomplished in 2 and competent in 1. This would seem to rule out there being a bug - see if you followed all tips above.

I appreciate the response, sorry to come across rude - but I have done ALL of the above.

1) I set up 8 friendlies

2) Yep, I had a training day pre-match day

3) I had it one off the left.

4) It was

5) I have very good coaches (tad bit of cheating on my part, but I edit those stats)

The season has now started and I want my team to focus on defensive shape so I have had to set it to that. All 3 tactics remain on awkward.

I appreciate the response, sorry to come across rude - but I have done ALL of the above.

1) I set up 8 friendlies

2) Yep, I had a training day pre-match day

3) I had it one off the left.

4) It was

5) I have very good coaches (tad bit of cheating on my part, but I edit those stats)

The season has now started and I want my team to focus on defensive shape so I have had to set it to that. All 3 tactics remain on awkward.

You didnt quite do all of above....1) 8 friendlies, not 12.......and 3) being one off the left rather than fully left will compromise familiarity quite a bit!

Also no mention as to whether you avoided having giving players a rest day before and after each friendly.

Maybe you will fare better next pre season....

I'm not a big fan of the blur when there is a pop-up. It looks ok, but from a practical point of view, it means I can't read whatever is underneath. Most of the time, this problem isn't a problem, but when the pop-up is something like "teams are warming up" or when saving, it would be nice to be able to read what is underneath, rather than staring at a blurred screen for several seconds at a time.

I'm not a big fan of the blur when there is a pop-up. It looks ok, but from a practical point of view, it means I can't read whatever is underneath. Most of the time, this problem isn't a problem, but when the pop-up is something like "teams are warming up" or when saving, it would be nice to be able to read what is underneath, rather than staring at a blurred screen for several seconds at a time.

You can remove it yourself. Have a look in the Skinning forum.

I don't understand why the informations I can see in the information page are also on attributes page. It doesn't make any sense. Like preffered foot, personality, etc. This page should be for attributes, not for this informations. I want to see the attributes in bigger scale. This thing annoy me like hell. Also, the tactics screen is soooo ugly. Compared to FM 2014 is a big difference down. Is a no buy for me. I made a mistake buying FM 2015, i won't make the same mistake. Really, why you changed the tactics screen i don't understand, i'm so frustrated. Also, with this extra information on attributes page, that doesn't make any sense. We have the information page where we can see all these details, is enough. Sorry for my english.

Some early feedback from me.

UI: Overall nice, still finding my way around but mostly intuitive. The blur when theres a pop up is horrific though, what on earth was the thinking with this?

Tactics/Set piece creator: Mostly cosmetic changes from what I see but all for the better. Would still like the ability to override some PI's though for certain roles.

ME: Looking very nice for this stage of release. Some nice football being played. Far post crosses are very overpowered though. I feel this is more due to poor marking by fullbacks of players cutting in from the opposite wing, it happens IRL but too much in game at the moment. Goalkeepers also seem to be beaten near post way too much.

Player interaction: Players are still moody idiots and there really needs to be more options when interacting with them when they've stropped over not being sold.

So far a really strong release, with a few tweaks here and there it'll be superb. Well done SI.

counter attacking football so effective its actually beneficial to be reduced to 10 men! Pop the ball out to a winger, whip a ball in like david beckham, pick out the one attacker in the box, goal. Current ME reminds me of FM14 first release when any tactic with a wing play dominated. If i play with wingers/counter i win comfortably by 4-5 goals and its boring. Im guessing it has alot to do with the poor defensive ME, specially the movement and tracking of wingers and crosses.

You didnt quite do all of above....1) 8 friendlies, not 12.......and 3) being one off the left rather than fully left will compromise familiarity quite a bit!

Also no mention as to whether you avoided having giving players a rest day before and after each friendly.

Maybe you will fare better next pre season....

Firstly - since when did you set the rules??

Secondly, 8 friendlies is definatly enough, particularly for a squad small in numbers. Thirdly, One off the left will quite clearly not compromise familiarity "quite a bit" to add.

I have done this every pre-season in FM (even in the beta!!) and almost 2 months into the season didn't see every tactic sat on awkward.

Maybe someone from SI will confirm what I am saying is true rather than your pompous self..

• Administrators

Keep it civil please.

Shauny1990, bear in mind 'Tactical' will not train tactic familiarity, only the match preparation 'Match tactics' will train tactics. You might want to schedule more 'Match training' and only train one tactic until it's good, then add a couple more.

Keep it civil please.

Shauny1990, bear in mind 'Tactical' will not train tactic familiarity, only the match preparation 'Match tactics' will train tactics. You might want to schedule more 'Match training' and only train one tactic until it's good, then add a couple more.

Something just isn't right though Neil.

I have my General training set to Defending, High.

I then have my Scheduling match training set to the very max of the left.

I then have my match prep set to Match Tactics and I am now only training 2 tactics.

I have not touched my tactics from day one and I am now in September and it is still on awkward.

Very briefly, two times I have looked, various bars have gone slightly up to competent and raised my hopes as the overall is set to "competent", albeit it very very low competent.

It then goes back to awkward when I check again, almost as if it is defaulting it. Just doesn't some right surely does it!?

I then have my match prep set to Match Tactics and I am now only training 2 tactics.

I have not touched my tactics from day one and I am now in September and it is still on awkward.

Very briefly, two times I have looked, various bars have gone slightly up to competent and raised my hopes as the overall is set to "competent", albeit it very very low competent.

It then goes back to awkward when I check again, almost as if it is defaulting it. Just doesn't some right surely does it!?

Can you confirm that it does increase though? Might be worth stating where you are managing and the sort of tactics you're trying to create.

Can you confirm that it does increase though? Might be worth stating where you are managing and the sort of tactics you're trying to create.

Yes, very slightly and very briefly.

I am managing Wolves in the Championship.

I have a very basic 4-2-3-1 and 4-1-3-2. They both worked very very well in the BETA (and had no such issues with familiarity)

In game they are working fine, I am 4th, but I fear for my tactics in terms of preparation for obvious reasons.

...........One off the left will quite clearly not compromise familiarity "quite a bit" to add.

One notch off the left reduces the amount of time scheduled for match preparation from 3 days to 2 1/2 days (including match day itself) - c17% reduction in amount of time that could be used to improve tactical familiarity.

Game is a bit of a mess at the moment I think, or rather the ME is. Wide play or extreme counter attacking are the only ways to be successful it seems. Beta ME was far more intuitive. Same every year though. That whole thing of being able to see the subs the opposition AI is going to bring on in advance is a mess also despite the explanations the mods tried to construct for it.

Hi Neil can I just ask a question. As the me is clearly is a problem state at the mo re defending and closing down and tackling and being pro active or dynamic. Why didn't you guys just get on the forum admit woops we kinda gone backwards here guys in the me and then revert the me back to beta until you found a decent workaround?

• Administrators
Hi Neil can I just ask a question. As the me is clearly is a problem state at the mo re defending and closing down and tackling and being pro active or dynamic. Why didn't you guys just get on the forum admit woops we kinda gone backwards here guys in the me and then revert the me back to beta until you found a decent workaround?

If you think the match engine isn't as good, it might be an idea to raise it within the match engine forums ideally with examples of where you think there are problems. Thanks.

How can it be , that players are alone infront of the keeper , shooting , like 4-5 meters to the goal and it doesnt count as CCC ? only half chances . first i thought it might be right but it happened now couple of times and there is for sure smth wrong. almost in every game

How can it be , that players are alone infront of the keeper , shooting , like 4-5 meters to the goal and it doesnt count as CCC ? only half chances . first i thought it might be right but it happened now couple of times and there is for sure smth wrong. almost in every game

If you can upload those examples to the Bugs Forum, SI will happily take a look.

Is there a bug with tactical familiarity??

Week away from season and spent the ENTIRE pre-season with the focus on this and all 3 tactics remain on awkward.

It has effected my preparation very badly, annoyingly too.

Nope, but it has been tightened up, If you're trying to get your players fluid on three tactics at the start of the season, then it's not really happening this year. Unless the stars re-align for you. But that's the way it should be. I'm coming to the end of my first season in my main save, and I've only had one tactic all season. As most of my squad will still be here for the following season, I'll slowly introduce a second tactic.

Although, tactical familiarity has such a minimal effect, I don't know why I bother. I like to keep it real I suppose.

please dear god, nerf the wave of player unhappiness when they don't start every match on the schedule. Seriously, it's ridiculous. Just constant unhappiness even by players who know they should be backups.

I'd try to be more eloquent or tactful in this but, I've had 6 or 7 players complain about their play time and it's barely a month into the season. And some have played over 50% of the matches. fkl;asjkdfsjkl;djasdfjklasfl;jaskfjsdl

Is anyone else getting it where the away team is always wearing their away kit? Has happened in every match for me so far, both for me (Norwich), or the away team visting me.

If you're getting this where it shouldn't be necessary to wear the away kit, please report it in the ME bugs section with the PKM.

If you're getting this where it shouldn't be necessary to wear the away kit, please report it in the ME bugs section with the PKM.

I'm not that bothered, just wondering if this was happening to anyone else.

before i upload a pkm i'd like to know ur opinion .. what kind of chance is this for u ? (counted as half chance but for me its clearly a ccc)

Probably edges it to half chance.. the player is on the run, under pressure, takes it first time and not from the best angle.

Touch and go though.. can see why you would think so.

WTF has happened to the ME since going to full game? Had won 14 out of 14 games in my Rangers save, being top of the Scottish Prem by some 12 points.

Now since it's went to full game I've lost my last 5 in a row and am now 3 behind.

Tactics are a possession based game which was working well averaging 55%+ in the beta, now since the update, best I've had is about 48% being dominated by teams who are a good few levels below.

Don't see why the engine had to be changed, the beta was perfect TBH. Really annoying when things get changed for the sake of it. Absolute joke TBH.

There is too much change for the sake of change with FM16. There are screens like finance, individual training, player profiles, arranging friendlies and others that did not need changing much if at all and yet they're now unintuitive with information hidden away.

Now I can't see injuries on the player profile overview, or debt in the finance summary. On other screens, such as contracts, nothing new is added but what is there is pointlessly moved around in to less intuitive places. After spending a year getting used to FM15, now some designer gets bored and shifts the wage selector to the other half of the screen and what was second nature before takes time to relearn for no good reason. It is ok to leave stuff alone you know, it is not necessary to change things for appearance's sake. It feels like there is such pressure to make things 'new' or to market 20,000 new features and other such rubbish that actually the interface ends up worse than before.

Setting up set pieces are now even more of slog than before as I have to set left and right free kicks and corners. There is no ability to simply set it once and mirror it. Who would possibly want to set up different defensive routines for left and right free kicks?!! And yet still there is no option for direct and indirect free kick takers! Something so simple that people have been asking for for years doesn't make it yet the utterly laughable create a manager gets in.

WTF has happened to the ME since going to full game? Had won 14 out of 14 games in my Rangers save, being top of the Scottish Prem by some 12 points.

Now since it's went to full game I've lost my last 5 in a row and am now 3 behind.

Tactics are a possession based game which was working well averaging 55%+ in the beta, now since the update, best I've had is about 48% being dominated by teams who are a good few levels below.

Don't see why the engine had to be changed, the beta was perfect TBH. Really annoying when things get changed for the sake of it. Absolute joke TBH.

Basing the quality of the ME on how well you're doing is never the best thing to do.

Nothing, It is the same version as the last beta version

I can assure you that the reason is that you have three tactics. I did everything mentioned, but I also had three tactics. Tac. fam was about 50% when the league started. So I temporarily deleted one tactic (after all you probably won't use three tactics week in week out) and suddenly the other two were up to 90% within 2 or 3 weeks. This has changed from FM 15, but I like it, to be honest. It's pretty hard to train three different tactics (that is, not only formation but also closing down, passing etc.) in 6 weeks in real life too.

I'm enjoying so far with the full game,ME for me is good but not great

I think full backs moves narrow and i don't know why.

Counter attacking is just great,if you will attack and put a higher defensive line and also put an attacking duties for your wing backs you will be punished,but when i put deeper defensive line i handle well with the counter attacks.

Nothing to do with the ME as it wasn't changed. Personally I blame EBT's.

I'm enjoying so far with the full game,ME for me is good but not great

I think full backs moves narrow and i don't know why.

Counter attacking is just great,if you will attack and put a higher defensive line and also put an attacking duties for your wing backs you will be punished,but when i put deeper defensive line i handle well with the counter attacks.

You can instruct your fullbacks to stay wider. This has made a big difference for me. My back four is now properly spread out, as I also play a structured mentality. Of course this has its own pitfalls as I've now got more space between my CD's and my FB's, so it depends on how the opposition are playing.

It's almost as if you need to react to how the opposition are set up instead of picking one formation and winning every week. Hiya FM12, hiya pal.

before i upload a pkm i'd like to know ur opinion .. what kind of chance is this for u ? (counted as half chance but for me its clearly a ccc)

I like to look at it this way:

A clear-cut chance is a chance in which you would expect even a bad player to score.

A half-chance is a chance in which a bad player might or might not score.

A small chance is a chance in which a bad player will score once in a lifetime.

From that perspective, it's not a clear-cut chance at all.

Or another way to look at it, if the shot ended up directly in the keeper's hands, then it was probably a half chance. Clear-cut chances usually results in rebounds, corners, or goals.

The only Sergi had going for him is that he was in the penalty box. But that isn't enough to make it a CCC.

Maybe been mentioned before, but the way my defensive line moves in defensive transition caught my eye. Might be because of my tactic (4321 (3 cm's, 1 s, 1d, 1a)), but whenever my opponent counters, my midfielders will put pressure on the opponent on the ball looking to counter and my four defenders sprint 50 meters back to their own penalty-area (even if the opponent striker stays at the half-way line), creating a massive gap (30/40 meter) between my midfield and defence resulting in a very dangerous situation. Will look for pkm's when I boot up the game.

Is anyone else getting it where the away team is always wearing their away kit? Has happened in every match for me so far, both for me (Norwich), or the away team visting me.

Typical, the very first match I play after posting this, I'm away to Palace and wearing my home kit......

Archived