Football Manager 2016 Out Now - Official Feedback Thread

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Find it a bit off that Julian Brandt is so unwilling to join me at LFC. 3rd season in, he's still at Leverkusen and is unwilling to join (unless i give him a ridiculously big contract. So figures were insane!) because my club doesn't have high expectations. Expectations were to win the league, last 16 of the champions league and final of FA Cup. i also won the premier league, champions league and FA Cup (twice). I tried to sign Pogba who rejected me which is more understandable as he's already at a massive club, this one baffles me a bit though.

I get that, but in magic 21s specific point City were bidding for the player but the AI accepted a bid over £10m less than what they were demanding of the user from the AI. In other football managers once a bid is accepted, you can match the bid, whether you are city or whoever, it sounded from Magic21s example that this didnt happen for some reason.

He's just giving De Bryne as an example of a similar sale to Kondogbia, he's forgetting he's mega rich Man City, whether the player goes to him or not, AI teams will always ask more money from teams like Man City, also you've got to remember to take the players thoughts into this.

I play as Hibernian and if anyone comes in for my better layers I'll always ask more from clubs that can afford it, I've had players in the past where I've accepted multi bid from with varying prices and they've chosen a club with the lower bid, I don't get to see the wages offered remember.

That's an in possession instruction. There IS an issue with the way full backs converge into central areas. Not all the time, but it happens and when it does it looks poor.

This is a problem and one that I think is extremely annoying, especially when you/the opposition are on the counter.

Derbies or Rivalry ??? where are they ... Thought i saw this as a new feature ? You can create it in the editor and it shows up on the Teams overview page but thats it ? Dosnt show on team schedules or anywhere . On the overview page its noted but click on it and it just takes you to the stages page .And when you play against a rival team nothing is mentioned .

I just had an issue in my last match where my tactical changes i did mid match were never made and it just kept giving me the option to cancel pending changes. Even If I did cancel them and tried to do them again, I had the same issue. It was like this for around the last 25 minutes of the match.

Now, the match is over and I'm stuck in the match and can't get out.

I'm pretty sure they're related because when I go to the tactics screen in the match, it is still giving me the option to cancel my changes (Even if I click cancel, nothing happens).

Anyone know what to do or do I need to restart?

Thanks

p.s. I eventually quit the game and got a crash dump.

Of course you can always leave positive feedback. What they ask is that if you want to leave negative feedback, that you make it constructive. They're not asking you to agree with what everyone else thinks.

Constructive feedback means not just saying you dislike it without giving a reason why and not insulting people while doing it. Just like in any discussion you would have in real life, hopefully.

Anybody else having trouble accessing certain players? I can see online and comments by other players that certain players are in the game, but when I try to type their name in, nothing comes up. For example, I tried to sign Luka Jovic, and player I liked from last year, but he doesn't even show up in the game. This is very frustrating. Any help would be great.

Anybody else having trouble accessing certain players? I can see online and comments by other players that certain players are in the game, but when I try to type their name in, nothing comes up. For example, I tried to sign Luka Jovic, and player I liked from last year, but he doesn't even show up in the game. This is very frustrating. Any help would be great.

Depends on what leagues/database you got open

i.e if you have only have english leagues open, you might not have an unknown/obscure nigerian player in your game but that might be in others games if you get me

Derbies or Rivalry ??? where are they ... Thought i saw this as a new feature ? You can create it in the editor and it shows up on the Teams overview page but thats it ? Dosnt show on team schedules or anywhere . On the overview page its noted but click on it and it just takes you to the stages page .And when you play against a rival team nothing is mentioned .

Go to "Club" from right hand side of screen and to go "general" Rivalries and Derbies are there

Go to Tactics, at the top you have "Captains" thats whos the captain of the squad

But i want to know who is captain when playing a game(after i replaced my captain , and have no captains preset on a list, i want to know who's doing the job..)

I don't have clue how i know who the captain from the other team etc..

Does anyone know how to get the loading drop down boxes to disappear. If you Alt Tab out of the game and then go back in while it is loading, saving or simulating you can't get rid of the loading drop down thing. Even though you can click on the stuff behind that is all blurred out.

How do I move on?

just press SHIFT+R

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/441294-Calendar-Save-Bar-stuck-on-the-screen-after-Alt-Tab-out-of-the-game-Workaround

Perfect example how messed up the finishing is . this happens very often and in this example it happened in a game i was watching cuz my barcelona was behind athletico. so it has nothing to do with my tactic or anything like that ...

i hope there will be a patch soon because its VERY frustrating...

fm3.gif

Perfect example how messed up the finishing is . this happens very often and in this example it happened in a game i was watching cuz my barcelona was behind athletico. so it has nothing to do with my tactic or anything like that ...

fm3.gif

ME bugs forum please, with the PKM. :thup:

fm3.gif

I think it's rather an animation issue. You feel it's a bug because you see the same animation from the goalkeeper three times, while in real life in such situations (and they DO happen, believe me) have three different parades from the keeper. I totally understand how frustrating it is to watch this, but you have to imagine that in real life maybe one player didnt hit the ball right, the other one was unbalanced or surprised and the keeper stretched out long to save the ball 2 meters away. The 3d engine is not able to show such details, so that's why it feels like a bug, but is only an animation bug (I suppose)

Yeah it's 100% the same match engine.

I think the build before this 1 was far superior.

There is no challenge now, I'm winning game after game without even trying.

8 matches since ME change

30 goals scored 2 conceded

its childs play.

I'm very disappointed as this is what I was afraid of.

Will you be ever allowed to fight your corner on players that say they aren't getting first team football. Ive got an 18 year old that has started over 65% of all games and is still saying I have broken promises to play him? So frustrating because I don't want to lose him.

Some annoyances after 25+ matches:

after seeing my fullbacks wasting too many crosses (like 4 completed out of 35 per game) I told them to cross less but now I only have 5 crosses per game. Seems like another extreme.

having way too many offsides due to strikers being struck by teammates' shots

Also, is this guy having a laugh? Complaining he's not in the CL squad, he's never kicked a ball for United, let alone been near any squad, and he's moaning?

10dxeeo.png

Been playing this for a few days solid now, pretty intensively, is there an issue with defenders not properly challenging/closing down the ball? Seen some pretty silly goals scored where the defender should have cleared the ball, or closed the ball down, or even looked like he was in control of the situation, but just steps off and lets the attacker scores?

Edit: seems like it's been well documented here; http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/440965-Unnecessary-Decisions-to-Double-Mark-Leaves-Acres-of-Space-Generally-Wonky-Defensive-Shape

But in the above example the selling club would only accept £40m from the user but £27.5 from the AI. City or not is that right? Would Wolfsburg have sold De Bryne to another club for £47.5 but charged city £60m in real life? If city were prepared to pay that much then surely thats the value of the player and up to other clubs to match it or why would the selling club accept, unless the player was adamant he didnt want to go to city?

Man Utd were officially outbid for Anthony Martial according to Monaco, so IRL Utd offered £36m + extras and there was other clubs who apparently offered over £40m. Monaco accepted Utd's lower offer so I suppose it does happen

Man Utd were officially outbid for Anthony Martial according to Monaco, so IRL Utd offered £36m + extras and there was other clubs who apparently offered over £40m. Monaco accepted Utd's lower offer so I suppose it does happen

Good point, I had totally forgotten that and as a United fan I have no excuse!

Is anyone else experiencing really hot temps with the game ( had nowhere near the same on FM 2015 ) getting 95C at times on my I7 and it handles most things very well

There are a few issues with Macs (I know, I have one myself). It would be great if you can start a thread in the location linked below, and include your Mac system report in the thread. The more info SI have about various system configurations, the more likely it is that they can find the root cause of these issues:

http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/521-Crashes-Launch-and-Technical-Issues-on-Mac-or-Linux

Also see this thread:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/441259-Loud-Fans-Poor-Performance-Overheating-on-Mac

That would make perfect sense if the other club was PSG yep.

That would be useful if posted (with a .pkm) in the Bugs Forum please.

Yeah no problem , will have to be tomorrow now. I think I have another instance ( not a long ranger backpass) of a keeper just standing still and watching a shot go in as well , I thought it was just an animation bug ( tbh I thought this was just a lack of a miss kick animation) so let it go. I'll post the PKM's if you think it's worth them having a look.

Yeah no problem , will have to be tomorrow now. I think I have another instance ( not a long ranger backpass) of a keeper just standing still and watching a shot go in as well , I thought it was just an animation bug ( tbh I thought this was just a lack of a miss kick animation) so let it go. I'll post the PKM's if you think it's worth them having a look.

Definitely upload the .pkm from that .gif as it looks bad. If you reckon the other thing feels buggy after watching it a couple of time, then by all means upload that too.

Haha I see people are so sure I am responsible from 7 goals. Guys I play FM for 15 years. I am playing it from the CM times. So I am definitely not the young generation. Well the tactic is - (CONTROL-Fairly Wide-Higher Tempo-Retain Possession-Mixed Passing-Disciplined-exploit flanks-work ball into box) After 4-1 I went attacking I think it was 60th minute. If there are some extra things added in the game for tactics, I dont know that. At least i didnt come across. I never give up even if i lose 10 games in a row but I surely give up if smth happens which cant happen in real, I am losing my passion. I am just sad cause I spend almost 24 hours on this game

Forget possession style high line pressing tactics since the last update of the beta and the final game, pressing and intercepting is not working properly while counter attacking is ridiculously good.

Switch to a counter attacking strategy and watch your team win.

Me personally I am waiting for the first balance patch.

Forget possession style high line pressing tactics since the last update of the beta and the final game, pressing and intercepting is not working properly while counter attacking is ridiculously good.

Switch to a counter attacking strategy and watch your team win.

Me personally I am waiting for the first balance patch.

You realise there was no ME change between the last update of the beta (RC1) and the release of the game, right?

36 + extras vs. 40+ million is not that big of a difference when you are talking about tens of millions of dollars. When accepting a bid, the club also has to consider the likelihood of the player moving there. Normally, you would expect the selling club to accept any bid that meets the minimum requirements. However, young players like to make moves to bigger clubs, so why would you accept bids for a lower club than you if a club with title ambitions like Man U has come calling?

Those were your actual words, though it wouldn't be accurate for any point of the game since beta launch regardless.

Since the last update of the beta, meaning after the last beta update?

Or since the release candidate.

What is unclear about that?

You're still wrong though. Simply 'switching to counter' won't win you games. Try actually playing the game and understanding how it works instead of believing everything you read on here.

I do actually play the game, do you think I stop playing the game and wait for the patch because of what I read here? No , actually it is because of what I see during a match in the game.

And I did not mean , just switching from control to counter, but a counter attacking strategy , which involves more than that.

Archived