What's that? A new Wishlist Thread? What you would like to see in future FM versions.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I would the ability to take more control of the finances of the club. Maybe that is very realistic for a manager to do but it would be fun to be able to maybe take control of the chaiman funtion, take loans, have more influence on the stadium, decide more on the transfer budget, try to improve the brand of the club etc.

Hasn't this been tried with a Chairman type FM game?and flop.

I would the ability to take more control of the finances of the club. Maybe that is very realistic for a manager to do but it would be fun to be able to maybe take control of the chaiman funtion, take loans, have more influence on the stadium, decide more on the transfer budget, try to improve the brand of the club etc.

I had a similar idea but only in terms of paying off loans as opposed to taking them out. If you do that you're heading too far towards LMA for my liking. However, if for example you have a load of £10m and sell a player for £20m you should be able to pay off that loan to save on the monthly cost of payments (possibly with a reduction in interest) to ensure your club is a little more profitable in future

Something like this, would add a lot to long term games.

Summary 1891-2013 (117 championships)

54 Rangers

44 Celtic

4 Heart Of Midlothian, Hibernian, Aberdeen

2 Dumbarton

1 Third Lanark, Motherwell, Dundee, Kilmarnock, Dundee United

I would like to see personal life like they have in fifa manager. the reason i want this is that i like football manager better and really like the personal add that fifa manager adds. I think football manager is the best in the end but it would be cool to have a personal life.

What would be cool in the system would be:

If you get a son/dauhgter with your girlfriend/wife you can start being a manager as him when you retire

buy houses and other stuff (also like fifa manager)

Talk with your players about how their family is doing. (if they have a personal problem they come to you to talk about it)

same sex relationship

Feel free to suggest other stuff to it

Not talking about AI Managers here but YOU individually.

How about, when you demonstrate a particular type of style of football, your attribute raises in that category.

Example: Playing attacking football (how you deem attacking football is up to you) continuously over a period raises the attribute in "Attacking"

Good at keeping Morale high? Raise that man management attribute.

Good at making tactical decisions in game and pre-match? Raise the tactical knowledge attribute

You get the drift right? I think this will add a more personal touch to the game. You can see your progress over the years and you're getting the sense you're advancing like other managers/players/staff. I don't want this to be like an RPG scenario where when you raise a stat in 'Attacking Football' your attacking gets better. I want the game to make references to your style. Like you might get an e-mail saying something like

"Barcelona are considering headhunting young Joe Bloggs from Chelsea as they think his attacking football would fit great with their style".

There's an element of this already, but I think it should be expanded and given a bit more depth.

I think it will add a sense of progression to the game.

I would like to see sponsorship linked with structure/league reputation.

I would like to see newgens have preferred shirt numbers.

Where a club colour is something like Sky Blue, (I'm thinking San Marino club side here), make the writing in commentary black so that it is visible.

I like the varied goal celebrations, (love it actually), but I would like to see it expanded rather than being random. A little bit like Lua Lua did flick flacks and then a somersault, Shearer stuck his hand up, Holtby doing "a Klinsmann", unhappy players gesturing to the dugout. It might only be cosmetic, but it's a hell of an idea. If the option is there already, why not use it. Players refusing to celebrate when scoring against an old team or a supported club. A link to this in the commentary too.

We should have the ability to edit more parts of the game of ourselves; like the match engine.

I imagine there are plenty of able people out there who can edit code, and as a community we can work together to get a better ME.

In addition to this, we should also be able to edit things like the calculation of transfer values and sale values from the formulae from which they are calculated.

I would like to be able to agree with a player to cancel their contract.

At the moment, the board can still block "mutual termination" if they can't or won't afford it, due to the compensation involved. But in the event that a player desperately WANTS to leave the club, surely the option to offer them a straightforward cancellation of their contract, with no compensation, makes sense. They may not accept it, of course, but it seems silly having players who so clearly want to leave the club above all else stuck running out their contracts because the board won't pay the compensation it'd cost to release them.

At the moment when you take over a club you have the squad that was left by the last manager, with this we have players who have just joined the club prior to you taking over. Now the problem I have with this is, what if we don't fancy those players, or they don't suit my tactics, we cannot sell them as they've just joined the club, if we try to release them the board will veto it, so we're stuck with players not wanted till January.

At the moment when you take over a club you have the squad that was left by the last manager, with this we have players who have just joined the club prior to you taking over. Now the problem I have with this is, what if we don't fancy those players, or they don't suit my tactics, we cannot sell them as they've just joined the club, if we try to release them the board will veto it, so we're stuck with players not wanted till January.

Wilifried Zaha feels your pain.

I would like the option to sign 2 or more players from one club in the same deal. A real life example is Manchester United last summer apparently offering Everton £38m for Fellaini and Baines. Should one of the deals collapse due to not agreeing personal terms then you would have to renegotiate the deal for just one player.

Also, another possible idea I had regarding transfers would be to include the option under "Additional Clauses" when bidding for a player is to offer a "First Option" on any future

transfers.

Finally, also on the subject of First Option, how about buying/securing a First Option on a potential prospect. See the story below for a real life example.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/hughes-liverpool-agree-first-option-2975851

In this case, Liverpool agreed a loan deal with Derby for Andre Wisdom in return for a First Option on Will Hughes. Apparently Barcelona had something similar in place before they

signed Neymar (It now appears that may have been in the form of a large payment to Neymar's father (Allegedly!!)).

Any feedback regarding these ideas is very welcome.

How far down the illegal activities route could FM go?Things such as hooligans trashing a rivals Stadium and subsequently clubs forced into behind closed door games or after being wound up by the Manager who targeted them in a press conference who could then be reprimanded if your sent to the stand or banned you cannot watch the match.How about player's failing drug tests or caught match fixing or even yourself being approached with bribes or blackmailed.

Options to "Set as Transfer Listed only" and "Set as Transfer Listed and Loan Listed only" and "Set to Transfer Listed and Loan Listed and set Squad Status to Not Needed" in Staff Responsibilities-> Personal Assistant tab.

I find the automatic Set to Not Needed very annoying because teams bid lower amounts for Not Needed players.

How far down the illegal activities route could FM go?Things such as hooligans trashing a rivals Stadium and subsequently clubs forced into behind closed door games or after being wound up by the Manager who targeted them in a press conference who could then be reprimanded if your sent to the stand or banned you cannot watch the match.How about player's failing drug tests or caught match fixing or even yourself being approached with bribes or blackmailed.

Probably not very far for legal reasons. I doubt it's something we'll ever see in FM.

A better online game that actually works

Would it have quizzes in it too? It'd be just like a return to FML Holgate :p

I'd like an option to respond to fans criticising you for letting go of an icon. I recently allowed an icon to leave which the fans describe as an "aberration" but I had good reasons. 1) I have better, younger players for his position. 2) He just turned 33 and doesn't get as much game time as he used to. 3) He would only stay for ridiculous wages.

Some way of "deselecting" your manager character once you get bored so that you can start a new career on the same save with a new manager while your previous manager is still in the game under AI control.

Some things I thought of:

ability to actually create set pieces or at least assign areas for individual fk takers. I don't want my striker to cross the ball from 50 yards away.

penalties conceded by keepers (these don't exist currently, wtf?) and yellow/red cards on these occasions

more variety in penalties - there are never any rebounds back into the penalty area

bring back spitting and elbowing

need major work on player animations. 5 years (or more?) since you introduced 3D but the animations are still very poor. Some animations could also allow to create some new PPMs (fake shots, step over dribbling)

Less important and harder to implement - make kits and sponsors generated. There are already lots of kit presets to be used in 3D engine, add some more and make teams' kits actually slightly change each year. Home kits could only have minor changes, away kits could occasionally change colors and third kits could be almost completely randomized both in design and color. Same with sponsors - make a pool of words from which sponsor names are generated. Like 'fine desserts', 'crazy motorways'. Combine it with kit generation and you could see Barca in 2037 playing in red away kit and being sponsored by Tasty Snacks.

For a while now i feel that FM has become more of a game vs the match engine rather then a game where you can freely use your footballing imagination and easily implement your ideas into the game, although i do feel that SI are trying to bridge the gap between the ME and peoples imagination with stuff like the analyzing tool and the huge improvement in this years UI i still feel we are some way off.

So here's some of the ideas i have which i feel will help bridge the gap between peoples imagination and that of the ME.

We already have a tactics screen with a pitch but i feel this pitch could be a lot more dynamic and helpful when it comes to other areas of our tactics and not just showing us our formation and player roles. One of the easier things i would suggest is to move the analyzing tool to this screen this would make it a lot more easier/faster to access to allow you to check things more on the fly. From my understanding a lot of people atm are not using this tool, either because they have no idea it's there or they simply forget, this is a shame as it's already a great tool which can offer a lot of HELP the thing that most people complain that FM offers little of. Just imagine you are on your tactics page and notice your winger has lower then average ratings compared to the other 1st eleven. Just like that you can click on him and analyze his play there and then on the pitch to the right. I feel that if the tool was added to this area you will find it being used a great deal more often.

Another thing i would like to see added to our new dynamic tactics page would be to see shouts/instructions taking shape on that small pitch. Ie selecting push up higher would push your team up higher on the small pitch or play wider etc. And with tempo/penetration there could be animated arrows showing the direction/urgency your team is looking to play the ball. On top of that when selecting a players roll there could be a small animation or area of effect ring of the movement you would expect to see that player do.

I know this screen is starting to sound a little bloated but by just adding a drop down list for analyzing, team tactics and individual tactics, this would keep things tidy with no need to add new screens which people may miss or forget they are there and would make them accessible on the fly.

Hopefully i made my ideas understandable if not feel free to ask any questions.

I was thinking, like the game has the Fans Player Of The Year... I would like to see Fans Goal of The Season. You often see it on a clubs page or website etc. I thought it would be a great addition to FM if your fans could choose their top/ top 3 goals of the season!

1. I would like to be able to dip in and out of managing the U19's or Reserve squad. At the moment it appears that if I want to manage a specific match, then the only way to do so is to fire the staff member in charge of that team and take full control yourself. I particularly liked managing the U19's Cup, but it's just not doable now. The old system was great where you could just tick a box and in you went, and then after the match, un-tick the box, select the staff member to take over and off you went.

2. Related to Youth team management, you advertised pre-release that there was a way where you could ensure that a player would be selected for either U19's or Reserves, and specify in which position, (and ideally which role), they would play. If this is in the game then I can't find it. It's an excellent idea but obviously there were teething issues with it. It's a great idea so please to continue to work at it.

3. Colour clashes. I am currently managing San Marino, (club side). and their colours are a sort of sky blue, (think Man City), and white. I like the colours, but the blend of the 2 means that I am unable to read any of the writing during commentary. I don't mind it so much outside the game, (in fact I don't mind it at all), but obviously within the match itself it is quite frustrating. I acknowledge that I could go into the editor and change the writing to black, (or something darker anyway), but I just don't want to. It's not the fee, (I think there's a fee isn't there?) or the downloading. It's simply that I don;t want to use the editor. You must be aware of what colours don't work with what other colours and to just make the writing readable would be a big deal to me. If I wasn't intending to stay with San Marino all save, I would immediately be looking to move clubs. (It's that bad).

4. The game has developed now. It no longer seems to be the install and play game that it once was. Now while I love the complexities, I am not sure that everyone else does. There are many things that need explaining and to be honest, although you have done reasonably well, tactical instruction/guidance leaves more than a little to be desired. I understand that FMC might be seen as an easier alternative, but that still doesn't help those who want to play the full game but are simply drowning in the depth. To give you an example from my own perspective, it took me over a month to find the analysis section. I only recently found that you could create your own "custom views" for squads, and as well as that, someone had to explain to me that I could now set individual instructions for a particular player, who might play in a tactic but whom I might want to perform differently. These last 2 are HUUUUUGE advancements for me, but they are treated like a secret rather than shouted from the rooftops.

5. Preferred squad numbers is a nice touch, but you need to flesh it out so that it works for newgens properly and has knock-on implications rather than just being a short-term gimmick as it is now.

6. I like that there are different goal celebrations, (in fact I love it), but this needs to be advanced too. Players should have celebrations that they usually do. They should be "trademark goal celebrations" like Lua Lua doing sommersaults, Shearer with his hand in the air, Crouch doing the robot or whatever.

7. Conflict between players on a football pitch is part of the game. It's a physical game and occasionally things can get out of hand. I would like to see this replicated more within the ME. I know you have done so in the past, but it is important and needs to be re-introduced. If there are legal issues with this because of real life named players being involved, then maybe it could only happen between newgens? I would also like to see it eventually linked in with previous incidents and favoured/disliked personnel. You don't have to graphically show us a punch or a head-butt or a spitting incident, but i would like to see some pushing and shoving to indicate that there has been some sort of disturbance. I have just realised that it's quite possible that this has happened in the 10 seasons ,my save has been running, and I just don't know it because...... the white writing is invisible on a Sky Blue background. lol

RE: Preferred numbers, it would be cool if a new signing could request a number already worn by someone at the club (in pre-season) and there could be an interaction piece around that.

Although, given how player interaction currently works it would probably end up with both players refusing to speak to you and wanting a transfer.

It has possibly been suggested earlier, but reading through 32 pages to find out will take too long.

Watching Real Madrid against Atlético last night, I noticed that when Real was attacking/in possession, they played a 4-3-3 formation. However, when Atlético had the ball, Real switched to a 4-4-2 formation. I would really like it if something like that was possible in FM. I think something like that was implemented in Championship Manager at some point.

So basically I want a created tactic to include both a an attacking and a defensive formation, automatically applied depending on possession.

Does that make sense?

I know that a lot of people play with the volume off and watch real football or listen to music, but maybe that's because the audio within the game is so poor.

At the same time I understand that there are copyright issues if any chants are used.

Another problem is converting languages for whatever is used.

What struck me though, is when I am watching a German game or see a clip of a Turkish game, (just using those 2 as examples because I have seen them), then I can't understand a word that is being said anyway so does it really matter. The crowd chanting is still brilliant though and it reaklly adds to the enjoyment for me.

At the moment we start off with a low rumble.

A sort of orrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Then we have a sort of earrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Then it changes to a sort of arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

and finally a aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!

So what I am saying is that you already have crowd noise that non-vocabulary based. How easy then would it be to convert this non-vocab noise into a series of chanting.

ooh ah ooh ah

ooh ah ooh ah

ooh ah ooh ah

and once you have something like that you can varie it.

Oooh - oooh - oooh - oooh

That could work as a background chant.

What I am saying is that even with very basic sounds

oooooh, ohhhhh eeee, shhhhh, you can get variations that would be worthwhile. I am guessing that there are existing programmes that already exist that would make something like this very easily.

Further on down the line I would like to see/hear player names chanted. No singing of anything to avoid copyright issues, but after a player does something good then they just chant his name, (or a basic version of it).

I just think that audio has been ignored for a long time now and I think that there must be iotions available that can offer us more than we have now with little/no extra effort from you programmers.

This post might read funny by the way, but it is a serious suggestion.

Some way of "deselecting" your manager character once you get bored so that you can start a new career on the same save with a new manager while your previous manager is still in the game under AI control.

I second this! Great idea! :D

A few suggestions...

SCOUTING

- Too simple. You know a fair amount after one report and little if any more after five or ten. Not enough information on personality, professionalism, temperament consistency, performances in big games, susceptibility to injury, which will be obtained by real-world scouts. Repeated scouting should be required to get a better sense of a player's consistency, big game performance, temperament, professionalism, etc. Could use a list with a rough categorisation emerging after a few reports, with 4-5 levels for each, similar to this:

PERSONALITY: Initially, this could be less specific, e.g. could begin with "little known" or similar, unless the scout is a particularly good judge/good at getting information, then "balanced/light-hearted", before narrowing down to one or the other. e.g, for Mario Balotelli, you might have something like this:

PROFESSIONALISM: Low

SUSCEPTIBILITY TO INJURY: Moderate

TEMPERAMENT: Volatile

CONSISTENCY: Good

IMPORTANT MATCHES: Outstanding

For Pablo Zabaleta, something like this:

PROFESSIONALISM: Outstanding

SUSCEPTIBILITY TO INJURY: Low

TEMPERAMENT: Good

CONSISTENCY: Outstanding

IMPORTANT MATCHES: Very good

Obviously, the accuracy of all this information should depend on the judgement of the scouts and how much they've seen of the player and had the chance to find out.

SQUAD

- Morale of players not playing much should be more susceptible to dropping, and in the case of players involved in rotation. Perhaps more susceptiblity to varying depending on how involved they are - e.g. a fair drop in morale if left out for a big game, or subbed at half-time/when on a hatrick etc., obviously dependent upon the player's personality and temperament.

- Players should be quicker to raise an issue - on a game/few games basis - if they're not being picked - e.g. ask to speak to the manager about why. Could become a useful tool for trying to get them to think about certain aspects of their performance (e.g. if told they're not being picked due to wasteful shooting or erratic passing for instance), and possibly for improving attributes like aggression, bravery, work rate, team work, determination and professionalism, depending on what constructive criticism is offered - although maybe on a temporary basis (some of these could drop again if the player gets games and becomes complacent).

STATISTICS

- More detail for both team/player statistics, and with statistics able to be compared to averages for the competition for players in the same position. In the case of leagues, this could be further narrowed down to (for a 20-team division for example), bottom five, lower middle five, upper middle five, top five. e.g. a defensive midfielder with 79% tackle success rate against 73% for division may be better than average for the division, but below the top five average of 82% in this metric, and if there is a similar pattern in key metrics for the player, this may inform your decision as to whether to buy, keep or sell the player if you're a top five club, and so on.

- This information should be available both for the manager's own players, and all players in active leagues (or playable if active is too ambitious).

PERFORMANCE ANALYSIS

- Desperate need for the inclusion of stats/visual log of players being dispossessed, and being dribbled past.

- Be good to be able to sort passes by type (headed, feet - maybe even which foot - whether thrown if from 'keeper, and also which are from restarts - e.g. goal kicks, free kicks etc.)

- Also be great if there was a way of watching all a player's highlights in a seamless reel on demand - all passes, dribbles, shots, tackles, fouls, offsides, headers, interceptions, missed interceptions, blocks, saves etc. Be excellent for scouting potential signings and future opposition as well as analysing existing players' performances quickly

- Likewise all a team's shots/chances in a game.

OPPOSITION SCOUTING AND ANALYSIS

- Be good to get more detail: e.g., if they get a lot of efforts at goal from corners to the far post, or, a lot of chances created by cut-backs from their left-back etc., this would be good to know.

- Possibly the option to view quick highlight reels of strengths and weaknesses of the team, set pieces and individual players taken from the previous 5-10 matches (the amount probably scouted in the real world by opposition scouts).

SET-PIECES

- Direct free kicks and indirect free kicks should have separate lists of takers. Different demands - e.g. two players may both have '15' for free kick taking, but one maybe '9' for crossing and '15' for long shots, while the other is '15' for crossing and '9' for long shots. You'd want the first one on direct free kicks but not indirect and vice versa. Currently no way to do this.

- Similarly, if it's going to be a direct free kick from a central position, I'd generally prefer to have a left-footed player shooting if it's from the inside right position, and a right-footer for the opposite. When it comes to cross, it's the opposite, as inswinging deliveries from deep (i.e. right-footer from the left etc.) tend to be hard to attack and easy for the opposing goalkeeper to claim, so this is another good reason to have seperate options for direct and indirect.

- Set up for set pieces generally - both attacking routines (movement at corners etc.) and defensive organisation (e.g. ability to set up a system of zonal lines as you want them), could be more sophisticated and customisable.

- Could have the option of choosing set-piece routines offered by an assistant manager, with moving diagrams showing how they work (or are intended to).

TACTICS

- PRESSING: Perhaps greater control over pressing, independent of philosophy if that were possible, and in team instructions that are easier to understand - e.g. full press (press as far up the pitch as possible), three-quarter press (a high press put only beginning at around 30-35 yards from the opposition goal), a half press (press when ball gets to team's own half), and quarter press (very defensive, with emphasis on compact and resolute defensive shell).

- Option to instruct wide players to look for pull backs to runners from midfield etc. would be good.

- It would also be good to be able to choose two from three of 'exploit the middle', 'exploit left flank' and 'exploit right flank', thereby having the effect of allowing you to choose which area of the pitch you *don't* want to focus on exploiting, so, say you're good in the middle, excellent on the right but weak on the left etc. etc., you might chose 'exploit the middle' and 'exploit right flank'. It would also be good to do similar with options for wide delivery, so you might ask for drilled crosses and pull backs, meaning plenty of those and few if any floated deliveries, and perhaps similar for set pieces as well, e.g., corners to be aimed for the near post, or played short (meaning few if any to the far post and elsewhere).

- OPPOSITION INSTRUCTIONS

- The ability to ask your assistant to also set instructions for substitutes in advance of kick-off.

- Option to simply show opposition wide player/wide position onto "inside foot" (e.g. right foot for player on the left) or "outside foot" (vice versa) in the event of wide players switching flanks.

- Pop-up notification of opposition substitutions would be good to alert the game player of any tactical changes they may wish to make in response to the substitution.

TRAINING

- More flexible training. The ability to set a player to work on, say, one technical, one physical and one tactical attribute at a time, or two of each plus a general position schedule (e.g. box-to-box-midfielder, plus tactical training on composure and physical work on jumping reach), perhaps still with the "light/medium/heavy" focus intensity option for this... In addition to this, the fitness coach could then advise on the level of risk of injury or burn-out due to overwork with the player, dependent upon the nature and intensity of their focus, and what they're focusing on (e.g. speed training bringing an increased risk of hamstring injuries, jumping training increasing risk of foot and back injuries, free-kick or long shooting training increasing the risk of pulled thigh or calf muscles), how fatigued they are as the season goes on by the number of matches they've played, and their individual level of susceptibility to injury. Could go from "very low", through "low" "moderate" "high", "very high", maybe with percentage changes.

- Alternatively, the ability to devise bespoke schedules, but not in a way that would be too far removed from what a manager or coach could do with a player - so getting a midfielder to work on his tackling, his long-range shooting, his finishing, his corner taking, and his agility (maybe up to half a dozen attributes, again with susceptibility to injury advised by the fitness coaches)

INJURIES/FITNESS

- The real sport could be better reflected by being able to have players play through minor issues for months at a time with injections or without in minor discomfort (e.g. a slight heel injury etc.), but at a slightly reduced level of fitness, and perhaps in need of more rest days.

I've never really kept track of my hours played before, but I noticed something that at least happens in FM14: If you leave your computer on sleep with the game running it continues to accrue 'time played' in the game status screen. I already have a ridiculous amount of hours 'played' in FM14 because it just racks them up all day while I'm actually away and my computer is asleep. I'd really rather not have to restart the entire game each time I take a break. (First world problem, I know. :D)

The game can't differentiate whether you are playing or not. And who cares about those hours anyway?

hello again, i am here with brand new suggestions. let me know what u think.

1) when u are in club lets say 5,7,10 years or more and you plan to exit for new team - you can recommend your succesor to the board (SAF - Moyes)

2) contract clauses. champions league clause / non-selling clause for team from same league/country /

3) transfers: overhaul instalments. not dividing to months but to years and months.. i wanna more complicated instalments..more in deep.

4) MOOORE media !!!! transfer rumours about your player, not just during transfer window deadline day.

5) MOOOORE in deep relationship with player - substitution reaction, benching reaction (both when player is on indispensable status) , more player reaction after game !! not just when u slam the team

6) MOOOOORE (AI controlled) media interviews with players before/after match . after training.

F*CK engine, F*uck useless inovations . i and i think we all (who using brain) want more realistic enviroment, not "realistic" engine... i play only commentary. i want new text phrases.

7) To Miles Jacobson. what about some new deal with sky sports... i would be fantastic to employ sky sports into the game. interviews, pundits, reactions... etc etc.. just stop for one second and tell me honestly. wouldnt be this more realistic than crashing your head and brain cells to repeatedly try to improve engine which is and always be fundamentaly unrealistic ????

A Football Manager ME App

I don't know how viable this is but an FM Match Engine app for your smartphone/tablet would be brilliant. I'm not exactly sure how this would work but the thought of loading up the ME on the bus and messing about with tactics on the go would be brilliant.

Even if it was 'just' the 2d engine. It would need the full tactical options though.

- Export teams from your main save to import into your ME Appp

- Export/import saved tactics from/to main save/me app

- Download teams from a cloud version of the database? It could be linked to steam?

- Download user tactics to 'test'

- Trackable/savable records to chart your tactics progress.

- Set up multiple opponents to test your tactic

- Use of the Analysis tools

Basically it's a tactical laboratory for your phone/tablet. I tried the FM Handheld for my iPhone a few years ago and i didn't like it. I think the game is just too big for the screen size. Bt the Tactics and ME side of things could work.

I would certainly purchase it!!

It has possibly been suggested earlier, but reading through 32 pages to find out will take too long.

Watching Real Madrid against Atlético last night, I noticed that when Real was attacking/in possession, they played a 4-3-3 formation. However, when Atlético had the ball, Real switched to a 4-4-2 formation. I would really like it if something like that was possible in FM. I think something like that was implemented in Championship Manager at some point.

So basically I want a created tactic to include both a an attacking and a defensive formation, automatically applied depending on possession.

Does that make sense?

This already exists.

Your formation is your defensive shape while the instructions you give define your attacking shape (This just isn't visual on the tactics screen).

3D Training view.

Being able to get players to train freekicks from a particular zone (i.e left footers on the right etc..)

Specific SuperSub training (shorter and more intense)

Maybe you could tell players which minute they'll be subbed off to get more performance till that minute of play.

Mergers, liquidation, new clubs... mainly a wish for long term careers.

Clubs exist now that didn't 10 years ago. Some are doing quite well (Hayes and Yeading, Solihull Moors, MK Dons), others less so, but they still exist, like FC United. Go back 40 years, and the shape of the leagues was completely different, some clubs that existed then don't exist now (Maidenhead, Scarborough, etc.)

I would like this to be included in long term careers. My vision of how this would look:

When a club is in financial crisis, there's a possibility of a brand new club being created (so, say Blackburn Rovers are in administration, there's a 10% chance of AFC Blackburn being created with a low rep in the 9th tier).

Clubs can be liquidated. If Fulham go into administration three times in five years and tumble into the Conference South, poof, they disappear.

Mergers. Obviously this would have to be VERY carefully programmed - can't exactly have West Ham and Millwall merging into East London United - but there's scope for it to be implemented.

Just plain new clubs. Clubs are created all the time. Let's have a new club in the bottom tier every few years.

Also, the league structure would randomly change, but very rarely. Maybe in 10 years the Premier League is reduced to 18 teams like UEFA wanted. Managers have to deal with structures changing all the time for no reason.

When I sell a player, as a matter of course I add a 25% re-sale value, and also a friendly as part of the deal. It's just something I have always done.

When it comes to the following season, I want the Ass Man, (who creates the friendlies), to be aware that all these teams who have purchased our players in the last 12 months, are obligated to play a friendly against us. I want to play them all.

If there is an issue with that, then when I go to manually create the friendlies, I want an additional drop-down menu listing the teams with whom we have a deal to play a friendly, so that I don't have to go trawling through the transfers-history section just to find out who we sold players to, and then to have to come back and create a few games and then go back and have another look. etc etc etc.

It used to happen, (back in FM09), that these teams were added to the suggestions as to who you might like to play.

Another thing that would be good would be possibility of picking teams for practice games in training a day or two before fixtures (or leaving it to your assistant to pick) to aid cohesion and to enable players to practice things in the run-up to fixtures, perhaps with the assistant giving feedback on, say, how well the team intended to start the next fixture implemented the desired defensive or off-the-ball runs and what have you. Obviously, this would necessitate having to bring players from the reserve/development or even youth ranks into senior training in the case of smaller or injury-hit squads.

But for example, if you had an important game coming up against a team who play in a 3-5-2 formation and wanted to adopt a 4-3-3 with a very deep-lying defensive midfielder (say as a Half Back) to help the centre-backs with the two strikers, and wingers to target their lack of natural width, you could set your desired team up for the game in that 4-3-3 and get the other team playing in a 3-5-2. Similarly, say that team had a classic big man/fast little man partnership, you could pick your most physical striker and your quickest to start in the 'opposition' team in the practice game to ready your defence for what they're likely to face.

Similarly where match preparation is concerned, an ability to pre-set focus on more than one aspect of play (which you can do manually at present but is hard to remember to sometimes) would be good, so, for instance, defensive positioning two days before and attacking set-pieces the day before the game.

Another thing that would be good would be physio's recommendations on how much rest each player should be given after each game, with the option to implement these automatically, or pick and choose as you please; a 34 year-old who played the full 90 minutes might need as much as two days, while a 26 year-old in condition and with high natural fitness who came on at half-time might not need any. In addition, maybe an option to have days for light recovery work as a separate thing from dedicated rest days when players don't come into training at all; from what I gather, most players will be in training the day after playing in a match, usually just doing stretching or light pool or bike work. So a 'recovery' option would be good.

I posted this in another thread regarding training...hope someone from SI reads it!

Here's how I believe the game should work...

Training...Defend Set Pieces...there should be a bar from 0-100% ( bit like tactical familiarity)

The idea being to reach a good level of training in this area...

The more work done on defending set pieces the less chance there is of conceding from one...

At the moment we have the option of def set pieces in training before a match but given no visual or even textual information on whether or not this been successful or worthwhile...

Same should go for Defensive Positioning, Attack Set Pieces, Attack Movemnent...

We should have bars that over time and with better coaches etc should fill up...the idea being that you only have certain amount of training during a week before a match and it's up to you how best to fill these...

I would love to spend more of the game on training to help get better match results and performances...

As it is now its just pressing a few buttons and hoping it'll have an effect on tactics when clearly it doesn't..

I always thought that CM 03/04 had the best idea when it came to training...

http://www.mobygames.com/game/windows/championship-manager-season-0304/screenshots/gameShotId,216148

I really liked the idea or concept of what actually you could do on the training ground...this idea could be much further developed...

Archived