What's that? A new Wishlist Thread? What you would like to see in future FM versions.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No idea if this has already been suggested as I don't really have the time to read a 34 page thread, but this came to mind yesterday when I was playing:

When you have the "goal action" highlights option on, if a goal is ruled out for offside, you get a replay with lines showing the positions of the players to show if it was offside or not. How about extending this to goals that have been given but might have been offside (i.e. when players are complaining)? Be nice to have a conclusive demonstration of whether my rants at the referee are valid or not.

This way you would earn your coaching badges (in game), learn a bit about game of football and FM. you'd get funny and educative tutorial that is interesting to play and have lot more happy customers.

I like this idea a lot but it may need refined slightly, though I don't know how.

I only say this as I can imagine people losing a match despite "earning their badges" kicking off. It would only make louder the idiotic claims you see on here accopagnied by "I do watch football you know" - "How dare you suggest I shouldn't be playing 5 down each wing and nobody central, I passed my badges!"

Change the advertising boards around the pitch.

They look like the boards that were used in the 1980's (v-shaped).

Get the new electronic boards in.

And no/fewer boards for the really low league teams, my local level 10 team only has a couple.

Being able to have competition/club specific boards as well, so if you play as Man City in the Champions League you get Champions League boards, when you play in the Prem you get the Premier League boards.

10) OK, I've just said that I'd like more pure football matters and less financial things, but finances do play a huge part in the game. So perhaps as a counter for those of us who can't be bothered with that sort of thing, being able to appoint a financial advisor. Not for contracts and transfer offers, but to help deal with the wider financial aspects of a football club. Even if they spend their time living in the pocket of the board, I think it would be a useful addition.

I'd like to clarify that point: I'd like/prefer to use my Director of Football to help with transfers and contract negotiations. I pick the players I want to sign, make the initial offer then leave the rest up to the DoF. I use the Head of Youth Development for the same with youngsters. The financial advisor would be for, as I said, wider financial issues.

Have a Director of Finance for the bigger clubs, a position titled "accountant" for medium sized clubs and amateur clubs have a treasurer.

Maybe it's about time that stadium graphics were updated - make them more recognisable? Start with the big leagues, then progress from there.

Having a file that can be changed in AutoCAD or similar would be a good/easy way to do this so they could be downloaded as graphics, probably the thing that bugs me the most about the game is the stadiums looking the same and that when Leeds play at home the away fans are in either end when they should be in the left hand side of the stand behind the dugout for league games and if the allocation is big enough in the end behind the goal on the left.

Having grounds of less than 1000 or so have white fencing around the ground rather than it being all covered.

I'd like for second choice goal keepers to be more realistic in their expectations. I'm at Man Utd and have a 2.5 star goal keeper as my spare to a 4.5 star keeper. He's played 12 times this season (cup and champions league group stages), he's been here for one season. I signed him on a free transfer from his club where he had been for 4 years and made a combined of 11 appearances. He has now requested a transfer. This doesn't really happen with keepers in real life and should transfer in the game.

I don't know if this has been mentioned before (As the thread is now some 30-odd pages long I can't be asked to go through it in it's entirety to check so if it is a repeat I apologize) but I feel the game needs 2 distinct setups for direct and indirect free-kick setups (both attacking and defending).

I say this as currently you can end up in the situation which I've seen where you set up to defend a free-kick so that you have a man on each post which is fine for direct free-kicks as you want to make the goal as small as possible but is terrible for indirect free-kicks as it just plays everybody onside and all that is required is a simple pass to an opposition player in space (which there will be because you have to put up a wall and will be short on numbers) and it's a free unchallenged shot on goal.

In addition if it's an attacking direct free-kick you are less likely to need to commit your central defenders forward into the box as there is a much lower likelihood of ending up with a good heading opportunity for them which would be the only point of placing them there in the first place.

I think this is essential and I'm surprised that this is not in the game already. Set pieces in general need work. How about being able to decide where to position players on the edge of the opposition penalty area for penalties? How about the ability to define a set of targets for set pieces and how the ball should be delivered to them rather than the generic aim it to a region of the box and hope that one of your players can get there. Where is the option to shift the ball for free-kicks? (such as Riise vs Man Utd)...the current stand with taker isn't specific enough (what's he doing there?).

In addition I think it would be nice if when looking at player instructions in the tactics section that the settings already applied (automatic instructions) for the role had a different colour as opposed to grey which also applies to instructions unavailable for that role/duty. Then players could get a quicker and better overview of exactly what a role and duty does.

I've got loads more but this will suffice for now.

I'd like for second choice goal keepers to be more realistic in their expectations. I'm at Man Utd and have a 2.5 star goal keeper as my spare to a 4.5 star keeper. He's played 12 times this season (cup and champions league group stages), he's been here for one season. I signed him on a free transfer from his club where he had been for 4 years and made a combined of 11 appearances. He has now requested a transfer. This doesn't really happen with keepers in real life and should transfer in the game.

It probably is due to his squad status. Unless he's a backup, he's going to complain about playing time.

A "level of difficulty" based on the manager which the AI plays against you.

Right now it's like any manager with a good team is able to change in game and outwit you. This should not be possible unless he is a good manager.

Not sure if this has been said(it's a long old thread), also not sure if this would be the right place.

I just bought a tablet, never needed one but figured I would get 1 for my Son to get him gaming, he loves watching me play so it was a no brainer really.

I was adding some games for him to play and seen the FM handheld, I thought well why not, I could play it when on holiday and the kids are in bed I thought.

I then seen the price of €9 and while not a great amount, in fact it is a pretty fair amount given how many hours you can get from the game, I also thought maybe this is something SI could give for free as a pre-order bonus for the main PC version.

I, like many on here buy the game every year, some years us early buyers have to take a few hits on the chin to make the game better for the rest, maybe somehow giving the pre-order guys a code to have the handheld version for free could be a good idea.

Maybe being able to set certain parameters for the style of football you want your youth intake to be capable of playing... not having a club focused on passing football and producing kids (even 16 year olds) with 3 for passing and stuff, even if it was just as basic as saying you want to focus on Attacking, Tactics, Defending on whatever as key aspect...

Would it be possible to have a popup notification when the game has finished processing whilst minimised?

I'd also like to hear about if any new techniques/technologies will help SI to improve processing speed or FM in general, such as if it would be possible to offload match threads from the CPU for the GPU to handle, unless this already happens? Will HSA computing make any difference to FM in the upcoming years?

UEFA still haven't released the rules & regulations for the 2015-18 club competition cycle that included significant changes to both senior men's competitions, chances of seeing a confirmed set of rules & guidelines for the proposed international tournament within the next 2 years are slim to none.

This has probably been mentioned already but:

Can we have an option to see who is 1 yellow card away from a suspension whilst in the match screen. I know you can see before the game but seeing during the game so I can protect players for later game swould be nice

In your information re background/caps/goals etc I'd like to see what position you'd played, what teams you played for and where you may have coached prior to taking the job as a manager. It just seems weird that say as an international footballer, you suddenly start managing at the top level with zero experience, wouldn't happen in real life, well not too often.

Hi,

I own FM 11,12,13 and noticed that you can't use your save game across the different versions, frustrating but ok. How about adding the ability to just import your manager name and career stats between versions? So i don't have to start with zero reputation and win loss ratios?

Thanks

In your information re background/caps/goals etc I'd like to see what position you'd played, what teams you played for and where you may have coached prior to taking the job as a manager. It just seems weird that say as an international footballer, you suddenly start managing at the top level with zero experience, wouldn't happen in real life, well not too often.

I suggested these in FM13... to have a opportunity to write your own biography, where you could choose clubs in which you played/managed ...

Probably repeating idea but here we go:

1) I'd like negotiations to be a bit more varied. Loan signings can only ever be signed for what the selling team are requesting and I very rarely get a player much below asking price. I love negotiations but seem a bit pointless sometimes.

2) Transfer listed players wanting pay rises. Signing a player at the moment. Transfer listed and no-one is interested. On 45k a week. Have my offer accepted. He wants 70k a week. Your club are trying to get shut of you what makes you think you deserve a big pay rise!?!

3) Taking staff with you. Perhaps you could have a meeting with your staff before you leave to try and convince your top coaches to come with you? Quite often I go back and coaches I've had refuse negotiations. Even when I've had a massive step up in club.

4) Player development I'd like to see more stat increases for younger players and more feedback of whether training is working and worth continuing.

5) More credit for achievements when you rescue a club. Just appointed Liverpool manager with them 19th in the league. End up finishinhg 7th just missing out on 6th. But no real credit because the yearly objectives were top half finish. I felt I should have been given more credit considering what I inherited.

Just a few off the top of my head there.

Please allow us to pick reserve team line-ups. Its rediculous that a 1st teamer needing some match time before the weekend is made available only to not even be placed on the bench.

Its been on previous editions, why not now?

Also, in England there are three squads. U18, U21 and First Team. When you grow your club and have a big youth ethic, having e.g. 35 players crammed into the U21s, its so problematic. Give us an option to add a fourth squad. I was watching Football Focus and Patrick Viera was in charge of the Elite Development Squad at man City. Wouldn't be difficult to implement, and is really more an organisational tool perhaps, rather than reflecting a systematic change at club level. Though later as the U21s grow, the club can introduce, if rich enough, specific job titles for this Elite Development Squad separate from U21, after you've chosen to utilise the option.

This might have already been suggested, but I would like the option to send substitute players out to warm up during a match. This could have some effect on the match:

- If the player is substituted without any (of with a very short) warming up he could have a higher risk of getting injured. In case you wish to substitute immediately (e.g. as a result of an injury or red card), you should be willing to take that risk.

- It could be a boost for players on the pitch, especially if they see a competitor for the same position warming up.

- Sending players out to warm up on a regular basis but not giving them any time on the pitch could have an effect on their morale.

- Players with very low morale could sometimes refuse warming up, for which you could fine them.

Simple things are good - could we have the option to have all player names visible on the pitch all the time, instead of manually having to click every one?

perfect +1

Being able to actually press opponents. The closing down is so dull and to top if off the rest of the team don't squeeze, or make the pitch as small as possible for, the opposition. They don't block off possible short options behind the player closing down the opponent with possession. The defensive line isn't aggressive enough in stepping up, even though you pick all the obvious TI's which should emphasise always pushing up. Achieving it obviously shouldn't be easy, as it isn't in real life. But with the right training & tactics, it should be possible to achieve over a period of time. Everyone seems to think only the top teams press but look at Rayo Vallecano, Bilbao, Chile, Southampton etc.

I remember early on in my save at the end of a season, when clubs released youth players, a message popped up about which ones were the most promising, and it came in a list a bit like:

(i) [Name] [Age] [CA] [PA]

The (i) represents the icon you can hover over to see the attributes rather than needing to click on the players. It would be nice if the same happened for the club you support - e.g. as a United fan, at the end of a season, I will get a message reading:

'Manchester United release ten players.'

At the moment this just shows as one big paragraph. However, if it could appear in a list - like the best released youth players used to - then instead of going through 10 players, I could just hover over 10 "(i)" icons and be done so much quicker.

Guest El Payaso
Being able to actually press opponents.
Aye and other small tactical tweakings that we currently are missing. Like to be able to influence on players' movement properly and give simple instructions to fix parts of the style of play that aren't working. This would also create better tactical identities as it now seems that everyone are using practically same style of plays if they use the same formations. The current system is boring to me.

-rise attribute numbers from 0-20 to 0-200 ( messi will score 40 goals per season even in a high league profile like the spanish one, u will probably see double digit results like in real life)

-stadium editor, or at least more stadium models, eg 0-200 200-1500 1500-5000 5000-15000 exc...)

-"bigger graphics" my eyes hurts watching the tiny players!

- more fluid player movements, sometimes they just seems to move like robots...

I don't know if it's been here before. Anyway...

REFEREES SERVING "BANS" AFTER MISTAKES

It's probably because I was born and raised in the Balkans, but I, like almost all fellow Eastern European football aficionados, am severely outraged by match-changing referee mistakes. I just lost a cup game because of a penalty wrongly indicated by the ref. Now I don't know how the thing goes in UK, but at least in this part of Europe, after a big mistake, referees usually serve a "ban": they are kept from refereeing matches a few matchdays (depending on the severity of the mistakes) or are "relegated" to lower league matches, again, for a few matchdays. It would be a little bit better for me to see instead of "FA silent over X's criticism" "Referee X to serve ban after mistakes in Y vs Z match".

FAs almost always back their officials, so they would never openly admit to "punishing" an official for their mistake in a match. Certainly it might be good to see the temporary relegation of the official as you've described, but the media item you've suggested would be an immersion killer in my opinion.

Hi,

I own FM 11,12,13 and noticed that you can't use your save game across the different versions, frustrating but ok. How about adding the ability to just import your manager name and career stats between versions? So i don't have to start with zero reputation and win loss ratios?

Thanks

How would this work? You'd have a manager with a career history going from 2013-2022 applying for a job at the start of the 2014-2015 season? Even if it was adjusted back so that your last season of stats fell the season prior to the opening season of the new iteration it still wouldn't work, because not only would it not be an accurate representation of your career, but your biography would conflict with information in the database (eg. showing you having been Arsenal's manager for the past seven seasons, would conflict with the career history of Wenger, this would pose even more problems if you managed anyone other than Arsenal, as Wenger would then be treated as a "new" manager).

When a penalty is awarded, how about an option to have a replay showing what caused the penalty as well as the spot kick itself, currently all we see is the penalty.

Guest El Payaso

Get rid off the preferred number-system: really doesn't bring anything to game and it's annoying to see AI clubs changing their players' numbers because of it. In previous updates after the first season for example Chelsea always give Mata's number ten shirt to Hazard and so on.

Get rid off the preferred number-system: really doesn't bring anything to game and it's annoying to see AI clubs changing their players' numbers because of it. In previous updates after the first season for example Chelsea always give Mata's number ten shirt to Hazard and so on.

Or just change it so it can't dislodge an incumbent? I quite like it so wouldn't want it totally out

When you take over a club it's expected that a new manager will either bring in his own players or make another player in the squad captain, why then should all the squad suddenly become annoyed that you've changed captain, I'd understand if it was half way through the season but not at the start when I've just taken over.

When you take over a club it's expected that a new manager will either bring in his own players or make another player in the squad captain, why then should all the squad suddenly become annoyed that you've changed captain, I'd understand if it was half way through the season but not at the start when I've just taken over.

I don't at all agree it is expected. It is possible perhaps, but I can't see any basis for saying there is anything like a level of expectation sufficient to stop a squad being upset at the booting of their established captain

A clearer explanation on what other duties your ''Other Staff'' do I still do not know what tasks an U18 ass/Coach man will do for the 1st team until I employ them

When employing new staff/older Players you can include the other duties you expect of them or can ask them to do.Many RL Clubs will have senior 1st team players helping out at youth level or attending publicity events to attract sponsors etc.

This may have been suggested previously and if so I apologise for wasting your time but I was sat at work today, reading the sports news and I spotted an interview with Neil Adams who's just been promoted to interim manager at Norwich City following Chris Hughton's sacking. It got me thinking, could something similar to this be implemented into the game? I.e. I have the choice of what team manager I become. Rather than taking over the first team straight away as we do now, could we start out as the Under 21's/19's manager and work from there; either applying for jobs elsewhere or being promoted within to progress.

I know we have the option to take control of the reserve and youth teams but on top of the first team management you're looking at a lot of in game hours with no real forward movement.

Personally, I always sign young players anyway so I feel like a youth team coach but it'd be good if you were able to bring success to the youth/reserve teams using players already at the club or new players brought in by the computer controlled manager.

An additional feature here would be that you could suggest to your manager that they buy such and such a player and it develops from there.

To me, I don't think it would be too hard to implement, it would just be a case of opening up all teams to be taken charge of and not just the first team but of course, you guys are the professionals and I'm not.

Thanks

It would be good to have the referee overule the linesman on offside decisions occasionaly.

Imagine scoring or conceding a last minute winner only for it to be ruled out for offside only to then be overuled by the ref.

Cup final stoppage time could lead to heart attacks!

I would really like to have the whole match rating system either re-done (and by that I mean having a separate algorithm for rating calculation for every single role in the ME - it wouldn't be that hard, since most of them will be similar to each other. They already have one, so they should just copy and tweak it for each role), or just get rid of it completely. One thing I hate about FM series is that there are too many features that are not working properly, and instead of fixing them, SI is always focused on adding new ones first, probably to make it easier to sell the game (which is understandable). However, if a feature that affects many things in the game doesn't work properly (so if it is not just a cosmetic feature), it is better not to have it at all. At the end, we (and AI) can always go to the stats, monitor the ME, to decide which players are performing well.

In its current state, there is only one rating algorithm, and it is inevitable that it will favor some positions/roles in the ME. The worst one currently is the DMC position. I am so tired of experimenting the DMC roles in different formations to get a reasonable rating for my DMC's. This issue has been there the last 5? (at least) versions of the game. If I'm playing a DMC in the Anchor role, I expect him to stay in front of my CB's, and don't move out of position, wander around, chasing attacking players towards the sideline, etc. And that's what he does in the ME. However this results in less amount of tackles, interceptions, etc., and therefore a lower rating, always. If he is doing what I asked him to do, if he is clogging that space in front of the CB's, I shouldn't care about his number of tackles. But the rating system does, and the player gets penalized, and becomes a victim of the role that I asked him to play in. A few games after I start getting that annoying advise from the coaches saying he is underperforming and I should replace him :thdn:

Since spending time and resource on fixing the rating system is never a priority for SI, why not just get rid of it? Or, have it hidden, for AI managers to see, if the AI managers need that as a tool to make decisions (I don't think so though, because I never see AI teams dropping their underperforming (rating-wise) DMC's).

This is not a rant, but a serious suggestion.

Haven't scrawled through this thread, and I assume it's been mentioned before - but Goal Line Technology would be cool, any close decisions coming up on a screen to show you how close it was.

Also, can you retire numbers on the game currently? I know you can be in charge of a club where numbers have already been retired, but whether you can do that yourself I don't know. That'd be cool.

I like the following included

1) to be able to request a foreign parent club as well as keeping your domestic parent club

2) to be able to use a feeder teams ground as your reserves / youth ground if rep is low enough (eg non-league team picked as a prem team feeder)

3) “ticket offer” board request – to help get more fans in the ground

4) More agent offer filters (eg only domestic players are scouted / shown etc)

Archived