What's that? A new Wishlist Thread? What you would like to see in future FM versions.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1. No doubt been mentioned before. But i find it quite annoying that there aren't any tunnel areas in stadium gfx. Players seem to walk into the stands then disappear.

2. Would love a stadium editor being added as downloadable content (may be wishing on a bit much)

3. Would like to also see stewards/security/police at the match.

This has either been mentioned before or theres a way for it to show it, but I'm too stupid to know any better. A couple things, firstly is there a way to cancel out of the loading screen during games being played? Once it drops down the window and shows everything going, sometimes it'll go for a couple days or more. In the past versions you could stop it at will and mess around. I could be missing something..

Also regarding this screenshot-

FpXTrna.jpg

My brain is useless and most of the time it forgets what match I'm in the middle of. So I was thinking that area where I've circled that has nothing at all in it, maybe it could list the game thats being played. Like CL QTR FINAL, FA CUP, FRIENDLY, etcetc. If theres an area for this to be listed in I'd appreciate the info. I really should know more about this game but I am pretty slack.

Adopt the testimonial matches. Not only for players who played the last 10 year at the same club. Great players will also get a testimonial match. I'm thinking at Mark van Bommel. He had a testimonial match, but not playing for 10 years at the same club. Also if i legend or icon of a club goes back to finish his carreer at the club he started, he will mostly get a testimonial match. I have heard that someone with Ajax bought Wesley Sneijder and use him for some years. He found it strange he couldn't arrange a testimonial match for him... And i understand such reaction...

Let's say that one of your friends on Steam (playing his own FM/FMC single player game) sends you a message saying: "hey! I'm in the CL final, going to start playing it in 5 minutes!"....Wouldn't it be VERY cool if you could "spectate" it live as it happens, instead of waiting for highlights uploaded to Youtube?

Dunno, tho, if the current network infrastracture (also integrated with Steam) would allow for a feature like that.

Obligatory note: yep, sorry, I'm aware of Twitch TV, but I was thinking about an integrated game system (or, you could integrate Twitch with an in-game interface like the Action-RPG Path of Exile does...not unlike you're currently doing with Facebook-Twitter-Youtube).

Tactics, for me, despite seeming advanced (I'd call it complicated), are too basic. A single formation is not used in a football match. A 4-2-3-1 is not always a 4-2-3-1 likewise a 4-4-2 is not always a 4-4-2. I know roles, duties, fluidity and strategy all affect positioning of players but it would be SO much easier if team shape was split into different situations.

Example of 4-2-3-1:

Building from the back - I want my CBs to split, my FBs to join the DM line and one of my DMs to come short for the ball. I want my wingers touchline wide and my AM between the lines. Striker should be on the last man. Oh no, my short options are cut off, should my shape stay the same? OF COURSE NOT. When having to go long from the goalkeeper, I want my defence to narrow up and wingers to tuck in for the second ball.

Pressing - This is my biggest qualm with the game. It actually angers me. Why can't I create a press? Every team's press differs. Let's say I want my AM to join the ST to make a 4-4-2 in an initial press, then when the ball has bypassed my AM and gone to the opposition's midfield, I want my AM to drop into the midfield line to make it a 4-5-1. How can I make my team press upon certain triggers such as: against the sideline, when a bad touch/pass is made, when a player receives the ball with his back to goal. What if my style of pressing is tightly marking the opposition man-for-man, Bielsa style? What if I want my players to cut the passing options off whilst closing down, and the other players squeeze the area for the opposition to play in, forcing them to go long? What if I want my players a few yards off the opposition's players ready to swarm them when the ball is received? How can I create pressing traps such as initially forcing the ball wide by cramming central areas, doubling up on the wide player who received the ball showing them inside and, when the ball goes back into the central area, my team collapses onto the ball and press like pistons?

[video=youtube;4ie0fVtDBgM]

http://eplindex.com/45106/southampton-scouting-report.html

Watch/read these and you may grasp what I mean. Southampton, for example, have a variety of different shapes throughout that analysis and that is through design which is not currently possible to do in FM.

Also, I would love if there was an option for instructions given to a player to dictate how they play rather than a role. I know instructions can be given but, really, who has ever been told to play as a 'Trequartista' in the dressing room from their manager? They get specific instructions on their positioning, movement etc that define their role, rather than a role defining their play.

Seems a bit muddled, I know, but I think these ideas would be great for the more tactically advanced of us. (Sorry to blow my own trumpet)

Like added this year with manager job interviews i would like a conversation with players before going into the wages and length ect.. which could have an influence on what the players demands are. I.e.

-Tell a player what the goals for the club are over the next few years. The player may feel he is too good for the club if they fail to meet the goals which means he could ask for a clause in the contract allowing him to leave if the goal isn't reached

-Tell the player what role he will have. This would then have an impact on what his initial contract demand is and what wages and clauses he wants

-Talk about the expectations for the player. I may want my striker to score 20+ goals in a season and would offer him a bonus for reaching the target

-Ask a player to take a wage cut. This would be especially useful for transfer listed players by request in some instances. Take Yaya in my save for example. Man City failed to make champions league and he wanted to leave as a result, i came in for him but he wanted ridiculously high wages. I could then say to him that by joining my team he will be guaranteed champions league football but he would have to drop his wage demands in order for the transfer to happen

Obviously there would need to be a few more things added than listed above for this addition to be worth it. But i feel an initial interview with a player should be in the game and it could have a massive influence on what the players demands are and could lead to the player being happy to take a wage cut or expect higher wages if they feel they could join a better club or maybe ask for higher wages because they feel they deserve high wages for how important they'll be.

I feel this little interview before negotiations could create a good few different scenarios in what the contract turns out to be like. I just think at the moment it's too basic and at times the players situation isn't always showing when the negotiations start, just like the situation with Yaya that i stated above

Tactics, for me, despite seeming advanced (I'd call it complicated), are too basic. A single formation is not used in a football match. A 4-2-3-1 is not always a 4-2-3-1 likewise a 4-4-2 is not always a 4-4-2. I know roles, duties, fluidity and strategy all affect positioning of players but it would be SO much easier if team shape was split into different situations.

Example of 4-2-3-1:

Building from the back - I want my CBs to split, my FBs to join the DM line and one of my DMs to come short for the ball. I want my wingers touchline wide and my AM between the lines. Striker should be on the last man. Oh no, my short options are cut off, should my shape stay the same? OF COURSE NOT. When having to go long from the goalkeeper, I want my defence to narrow up and wingers to tuck in for the second ball.

Pressing - This is my biggest qualm with the game. It actually angers me. Why can't I create a press? Every team's press differs. Let's say I want my AM to join the ST to make a 4-4-2 in an initial press, then when the ball has bypassed my AM and gone to the opposition's midfield, I want my AM to drop into the midfield line to make it a 4-5-1. How can I make my team press upon certain triggers such as: against the sideline, when a bad touch/pass is made, when a player receives the ball with his back to goal. What if my style of pressing is tightly marking the opposition man-for-man, Bielsa style? What if I want my players to cut the passing options off whilst closing down, and the other players squeeze the area for the opposition to play in, forcing them to go long? What if I want my players a few yards off the opposition's players ready to swarm them when the ball is received? How can I create pressing traps such as initially forcing the ball wide by cramming central areas, doubling up on the wide player who received the ball showing them inside and, when the ball goes back into the central area, my team collapses onto the ball and press like pistons?

Watch/read these and you may grasp what I mean. Southampton, for example, have a variety of different shapes throughout that analysis and that is through design which is not currently possible to do in FM.

Also, I would love if there was an option for instructions given to a player to dictate how they play rather than a role. I know instructions can be given but, really, who has ever been told to play as a 'Trequartista' in the dressing room from their manager? They get specific instructions on their positioning, movement etc that define their role, rather than a role defining their play.

Seems a bit muddled, I know, but I think these ideas would be great for the more tactically advanced of us. (Sorry to blow my own trumpet)

Very, very much agree with this post. Adding new roles in FM14 shows that SI want to walk that way and I'm perfectly fine with that. However, FM14 promised us a tactical revamp but I must say, taking away the sliders and adding new roles hardly qualifies as a "revamp". It's more like an evolution rather than a revolution and to be honest, it's a revolution I require in future series of FM. I have a feeling that the tactics and training is not top priority when it comes to the game development but it should be. It's the core of football and I want the classic mode to emphasize more of that core. If people are going to be unhappy with enhanced tactical&training management, it can be a feature that can be turned on/off like player masking.

Adding to JamieAdams3's post, I would like the addition of "micro-tactics" (preferably as a seperate section under tactical screen).

I would like to define each player's role and what I want from them in different situations very clearly. And by different situations, I don't mean if the team is winning/losing or game is draw. I mean the very detail of situations that can occur during the game. I want my players to be reactive and I want it to be in accordance with my instructions (of course to a degree which is defined by my tactical knowledge/success and the player's all other conditions like personality, morale, attributes etc.)

The football is evolving to be a micro-management battle. It becomes like a chess game, you need to start with a strategy but every move is to be defined by the move before it and the moves that may happen after. So you need to be able to predict your own player's reactions during the game as well as the opposition's moves to certain situations or your moves. Managers like Mourinho, Klopp, Boas are micro-management experts and while having a general philosophy about the game, their micro-tactics differ from game to game.

However, in FM14, you can't even create custom deadball situations in a complete freedom - let alone manage your tactics in micro level dynamically.

I want to be able to create micro-tactics for example attacking situations and then train them during the week/month/season. I also would like to be able to watch these trainings. It doesn't have to be in 3D, I'm okay with 2D because I'd like to see the movements, the speed, how the micro-tactic is accomplished or where it fails.

Don't have much time right now, I have a couple more ideas regarding this but hopefully I will be able to write them later.

I believe this is a very small but effective idea. I think that when a season is over you should be able to edit the kits of your team. For the away kit, I think you should be able to change the colour every season and maybe on the home shirt you should be able to modify its style (i.e hoops, stripes etc) but not the primary colour(s).

If there was a sponsership deal with the kit maker (i.e Nike, Adidas, Surridge etc) after it has expired after a certain amount of time you should be able to pick from a range of new kit makers to improve the finances of your club and give the game a more realistic effect.

Jamie

Here are some of the ideas I wish for for future FM versions. Small stuff mostly, but thought I'd mention them, and you could have a look and see if there is anything to the ideas or not. :)

Red card fines.

If you fine a player for a red card, and the player reacts badly to the fine, you should be able to make more of a stand than you currently can. One idea could be to tell a player that everyone at the club will be fined after receiving a red card. you should also be able to tell him how he has put the club at risk of losing points, or, if the game was lost, that he cost the club points or to be knocked out of a competition.

Lengthy interviews.

Not often, but say once or twice a season, you could do a more lengthy interview with a newspaper, magazine or for TV. Like we've seen Mourinho, Ferguson and several others do. In these interviews you can be asked to reflect upon the saeson, or past events. Maybe asked about a falling out with a player that has now left the club, or other questions about players leaving, about tactical approach, youth approach etc. Just an all over more in-depth interview every now and then. There should be an option to decline these interviews as well.

Manager clash.

Just like you can see the results between your team and another team, it would be nice to see a history of results between you and another manager, also showing what teams you and the other manager were playing with at the time. Maybe even letting a rivalry between clubs/managers develop over time if you and another club/manager has been competing at the top of the league or in europe over several years, resulting in an even more increased focus on it during press conferences.

Pre-Season.

A lot of clubs are trying to expand their fan base in other countries, and on other continents these days. Especially in Asia and America, with their increased interest in football. So perhaps it would be an idea for the PR department in a club to suggest to you what countries/continents you should lay your tour to, with a short analysis of fan interest etc. Add in a press conference or two during the tour, asking you questions that might be important for a country on a pre-season tour, like 'will wee see [top player] play?', 'how do you like it here in [country]?' and what you think about the quality of the teams etc. Just to get that pre-season feel. Maybe add in a post in the news feed about fans flocking the hotel or other stuff related to the tour, and a news post after the tour has concluded with an analysis over the effect the tour had.

Youth Invitationals.

Invitational Cups for youth. Like the Milk Cup, Aegon Future Cup etc. Where you can send a youth team to compete against other invited teams. I realize these cups are almost like friendly tournaments, but they're a bit bigger, and they can be a lot of fun. There's definitely space in the fixture list for youth team during late seasons to make room for some of these. An option could be to include the option to make bigger friendly tournaments yourself, and to have some teams host them every year, like Ajax with the Aegon Future Cup.

Help club pick next manager.

This one is obviously for long-serving managers, but if you have done well for a club over several (10-15+) years, and you are retiring or moving on, maybe the club would ask you to help them pick manager prospects to take over your role. One or a couple for them to chose from. Kind of like Ferguson did for United, with picking David Moyes.

Tactics, for me, despite seeming advanced (I'd call it complicated), are too basic.
Adding to JamieAdams3's post, I would like the addition of "micro-tactics" (preferably as a seperate section under tactical screen).

Seeing that this is a computer game, i think what you're after is pretty hardcore. But then there's the FMC now, so maybe it would be fine.

While I'm not opposed to this idea, I would require the AI to be able to use this feature in an effective way - otherwise this would just make it easier (albeit complicated) for us. Having the AI do the micro-management near as well as a human can, I would imagine, is a huge challenge. (The primary reason I'm happy with the way the game has gone with tactics recently is that it allows the tactical AI to somewhat compete with us.)

For the AI to keep up, this would most likely be done in a way similar to player roles/duties now. Just split them for say, attacking phase vs. defending phase, some trigger-based conditions like having just lost possession vs. regained possession, separated for 1st, 2nd and 3rd third of the pitch.

I think it could be done, but it would be extremely hard to pull off.

The tooltips that appear when you hover of roles and attack, defend etc when building your tactics are useful but, unfortunately, are not included in the manual. I would find it useful to have these tooltips summarised in document format that could be printed for reference purposes etc. Should not be too difficult to prepare as tooltips are already written.

Enjoying FM14 and currently experimenting with tactics etc prior to starting career game when next update released; hopefully pre Christmas. It seems to me that, with the removal of sliders, it is more important than before to take account of PPM's when determining your tactics. With this in mind, I believe that it would be really useful if the tactics UI were improved. Currently in tactics if you go to players, each position you click on shows you:

Player currently picked in the position, matches he has played in that position, his suitability for the role using star rating, and average rating for the position. I believe that it would be really useful if PPM's were also included.

Freedom to build my tactic and strategy without having to stick to preconceived roles.

Have the ability to imagine what I want and set up a team framework or whatever you call it to try to achieve it, instead of saying to players "hey, play as box-to-box", or "you, i want you to be a shaddow striker". I only have an idea of what roles cause the player to do, I can't know for sure if the deep lying playmaker cant have "get further forward" because it has it on maximum by default or if it just cant have it. I assume is because he cant have it. So if I want a player to behave similar to a deep lying playmaker, or at least what I think is a deep lying playmaker in FM, but have forward runs, which role do I chose? Is this more realistic or better for whos playing the game than set up the instructions as intended? If failed, correct them.

Some of the roles i can really only guess what they do and read a pretty description.

Really... Just freedom back. At least a little bit. I cant even set where I want my central players to cross... Seriously? They never get into crossing positions in a match? That details cannot win games? So I cant have a winger high up the pitch, as inside forward and a central midfielder on that side, roaming from position, with instruction to go wide to get him to exploit the flank? Lame.

Youth Invitationals.

Invitational Cups for youth. Like the Milk Cup, Aegon Future Cup etc. Where you can send a youth team to compete against other invited teams. I realize these cups are almost like friendly tournaments, but they're a bit bigger, and they can be a lot of fun. There's definitely space in the fixture list for youth team during late seasons to make room for some of these. An option could be to include the option to make bigger friendly tournaments yourself, and to have some teams host them every year, like Ajax with the Aegon Future Cup.

Definitely want to see more youth tourneys, The Viareggio Cup ('Italian Youth Invitational') is now in there as is the UEFA Youth League but it would not take much effort to add the Milk Cup, the Aegon Future Cup, the Man U Premier Cup and the Boue Stars Youth Cup, I think those are the main elite tournaments. In real life this can be an important factor for youth players to gain experience, it would be good if that was included in FM.

Example of 4-2-3-1:

I understand what you mean, having regularly visited football tactics websites such as Zonal Marking. However, I would imagine these can be challenging to implement.

Too many threads and pages to see if my suggestions were already suggested before, so sorry in advance if it's an old one.

1: At this moment your club just gets sponsor deals where you have no say in it. I can imagin that multiple sponsors will have different deals. I would very much like it to decide on my sponsors, instead of just getting sponsors assigned. A database with either real or fake companies could be an additional idea aswell ( Maybe SI can get advertisement money for it aswell!??! )

2: Adjusting ticket and seasonticket prizes. Would be a nice feature.

3: Sometimes big concerts are given in stadiums. It might be an idea for music labels, or concert organisors to contact you to use your stadium for a concert. Could generate some extra income. ( depending on fame of artist ).

4: I think this was possible in earlier versions of FM ( my last one was 2009 ). I thought you could praise players who don't belong to your team. Would very much like to have this feature. Some players in other teams/leagues just really catch my interest, wether its for a sale or just their performance, and would love to praise them.

I'd like to see the manager being able to add a sentence when speaking to a player, just like at a press conference, the 3-4 options sometimes are not enough.

Also I'd like to have the option to have a meeting with my staff, where we could discuss the way the team is going, players morale etc

I personally would like the ability to fine for a poor performance be more 'user controlled' than it is.

At the moment, you can only fine a player if he has played below a 6.4 (I think). But, to me, that's not good enough.

I had a home game against Derby last season in which a win was more than plausible. We go from 2-0 up at HT to losing 2-3 at FT. I wasn't able to fine every single player because some had performed about the 6.4 (or whatever the rating is). I feel this needs to be changed.

Of course, the players can react good or bad, depending on their personality. For example, you could fine a player who played at 7.0 in a game like my one and he could either say something like:

"I think your decision to fine me was incredibly harsh. I personally thought I played well." - a response like this could have a consequence such as a player having 'Abysmal' morale for a set period of time or he doesn't react to your team-talks for a set period of time.

On the other hand, he could reply:

'Whilst I think I played well, I understand that I still need to contribute to the team effort for the win. We should have never lost that game and I'll do my best to improve." - a response like this could trigger a player having 'Superb' morale for a set period time of time.

I only have an idea of what roles cause the player to do, I can't know for sure if the deep lying playmaker cant have "get further forward" because it has it on maximum by default or if it just cant have it. I assume is because he cant have it. So if I want a player to behave similar to a deep lying playmaker, or at least what I think is a deep lying playmaker in FM, but have forward runs, which role do I chose?

You want an advanced deep lying playmaker? Choose advanced playmaker. That seems pretty straightforward to me, but of course it's only one example.

I think it's entirely possible that the old 3 value player instructions aren't a good representation of what's going on anymore (some role/position will interpret the instruction different from another) so I don't think we'll go back to that format.

But I'm sure that SI will re-evaluate this thing for FM 2015 after having all this feedback about it. There's no saying what it will end up like though.

Some Great Additions

Managers & Staff

1. Managers and there Backroom Staff should move like in real life and should be part of the interview process for us a player as it would make it so much easier when we have a new job to say you would like to axe current staff if they havent already left and would save time because the chairman could deal with it.

2.more interaction and advise from coaches on signings and where our teams weakness's are, maybe even feedback on how we are setting our team up.

3.manager relationships to develop ie for examble some managers help upcoming managers who they like by advising them to loan or buy one of there players who may need developing or may not be good for them but good for you.

4.director of football is still a very weak addition they are your boss in reality and instead of talking to your chairman you would propelry talk to them on many matters like signings, improvements, they would be the one in most cases who sack you, unless you develop a relationship overtime ie coppell and barker.

5.manager behaviour during a game would be a nice addition.

InGame Interaction

1. more feedback from fans in newsfeed in responce to results, signings, current form, opnions on board and players.

2.pundits talking about you and you haveing a chance to agree or disagree this affecting morale of players and your game stats.

Would be a really cool addition if when you become a hero at a club you've managed for years and brought tonnes of success to, when you leave the board ask for your opinion on who should be your successor, like for example how Ferguson had input in Manchester United appointing Moyesy.

I have a long list of feature requests. The game is fantastic, but as with most things, there is room for improvement.

1) In the MLS , you can't train your reserve team.

2) Control over the residency and u-23 sides in the MLS.

3) This is my most wanted feature. The inclusion of staff shortlists that can be exported or imported. So you can create your own shortlist of your favorite staff. Or Import other peoples shortlists.

4) At international level, there is no option to talk to the Board. It would be nice if you could ask to expand the stadium, youth or training facilities. There is also no information about the training/youth facilities of a nation.

5) Include a training section for international sides. In the real world, international sides train together before a fixture.

6) On the squad overview page, there is only a column for assistant recommendation and scout recommendation of players. It would be nice if you could pick the member of staff to give reports on your players. My assistant is poor at judging player ability and potential. Some of my other staff would be much better candidates. Scout recommendation doesn't give you a report on the player, just a star rating.

7) In the information page of staff, most staff have a full bar for most backroom advice categories. This makes it hard to pick which members of staff should give backroom advice for the various categories, like training and squad recruitment. I can't think of any attribute that would indicate a coach is good at giving advice on training performance or individual training. You could make it easier by adding an attribute for training or making less staff have a full bar for the backroom advice categories.

8) An option to discuss both stadium expansion and building a new stadium, discussing which is cheapest and which is the most viable. Instead of having to choose either expand stadium or build a new stadium individually, without knowing which is best.

9) You can sign a player, or staff, for a much lower wage by offering a yearly wage rise. You can then immediately offer them a new contract, without the yearly wage rise. They will often take a similar wage. It would be more realistic if they asked for a 40-50% increase to their current wage, to account for the yearly wage rise. This cheat has been possible on all football manager iterations.

10) If you hire staff in a role they don't know, their staff role stats should gradually go up as they get used to the new role.

11) On the player search screen you can search by attributes. It would be good if you could search for players by key attributes for their role.

12) 'When you assign your director of football to sell player, include the option to still have the final say on whether to accept a bid. I like to use my DoF to circulate players names, as he has better contacts and reputation then me. I still want to have the final say on whether a bid is acceptable though.

Scanning through the last few pages I didn't see anything like my ideas, I apologise if I missed them but there were a lot of ideas to read.

Firstly, a big flaw to FM is that players have set potential abilities and it doesn't truly reflect the real world. For example Leon Britton, he dropped to League 2 to join Swansea and has improved with each promotion, when he dropped to that level, no one could of predicted he would still be one of their key players in the Premier League and the Europa League. Another example is Rickie Lambert who on previous FM's was never rated as being a future England international at his age but he is. Every year there are players who play way above their perceived ability and on the next FM it is shown with an ability boost. If a players form can greatly affect their ability, such as if you have a player in League 2, but he isn't rated good enough for League 1, yet he is averaging 9.00+ then surely regardless of his age he is playing above the leagues standard and would be considered capable of playing to a higher level but because his ability on FM would not change to reflect that then he would most likely only get into a higher league if his team gets promoted or a bottom League 1 team buys him. This would also reflect in youth stars who became nothing, who remembers Ben Thornley, a player who was every bit as good as David Beckham in the Man U youth teams but never fulfilled his potential, same for Terry Cooke.

I hope what I have said is understood.

Next... When it comes to player training, you can have them train 1 category or 1 role, why not be able to select multiple categories, such as if you have a striker with 19 for both acceleration and pace, you don't want him wasting training time on them if he only averages 10 elsewhere. My idea is for the old system where you could create and cater training programs for individuals be brought back on the side but instead of messing about with the bars, the current style of selecting categories.

My final idea for this post is in the tactic system which the latest style is more realistic but way to limited, but my focus is to positioning and the idea of 'formations on a board'. Here is an image showing what I mean... http://www.soccerclassroom.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/soccer-tactics-board-960x360.jpg The idea of using arrows to have more control over your players movements may seem old but it is how modern managers show how they want their players to move and respond to losing or gaining possession. In this same style, a more fluid set up for where the players are on the pitch. By this I mean that you could stagger your strikers or have a midfielder sit deeper to start with than his partner.

Again I hope I explained my ideas well.

Edit: Another idea came to me after I got my regens, why not introduce regen families, like in classic you can unlock your son regening with your team, why not have regens come through and then a few years later his brother regens for you, or even brothers of young regens you've signed. I've heard rumours that they re in the game but must be such a rare occurrence that its almost completely unknown.

Example of 4-2-3-1:

Absolutely what i want to see in FM tactics. Choosing a shape while we're on the attack and another shape when we're defending is far more realistic and complicated than now. Tactics have to be more flexible and personalized. This way we managers can make trademark tactics and differ from others with our style like real life.

taking away the sliders and adding new roles hardly qualifies as a "revamp". It's more like an evolution rather than a revolution and to be honest, it's a revolution I require in future series of FM.

I agree with the revolution, or big step forward, but I fail to see how taking away the sliders was a step in that direction. For me, it was just braking something that wasn't broke.

As an example, with the sliders it was possible to define or at least do something similar to create pressing zones, now you just cant, or i really don't see how it's possible. All I can do to a player is tell him to close down less or more. How much less or how much more? I have no fuc**ng idea of "how much" I am telling him to change is behaviour of the predefined pretty role. Now, we can´t even know what "mentality" the player have. If you want to have a anchor man with a bit more ofensive mentality what do you do?! You choose a defensive midfielder? Thats just names, description of what roles/duties/whatever do and its boring as hell. I read a lot about football, am really interested in the tactics and strategy part of the game, but having to set my team according to roles, instead of looking at a player attributes and define in my head what I want for/from him with specific instructions (level of closing down, mentality, forward runs, etc, etc), is just bad.

I was asking before to be able to set different tempo to each player, since it was just set for the team (or was it time wasting, or both?) and now I have to read names, descritions of FM interpretation of that name and choose one.

Or the sliders did nothing in the past and we were all fooled (which I do not believe) or taking away the sliders make no sense at all since it just removes freedom of choice and possibilities.

Example of 4-2-3-1:

Thank you very much, this is so very true. The lack of real pressing angers me, too. Might be difficult to implement these ideas but would be totally worth it.

And: +1 to a National Surname Database.

When going to player instructions in tactics I am pleased to see that when hovering over grey items (fixed) you are told either that the instruction is

a) Already active for this role and duty or

b) Unavailable for the role and duty selected

With sliders having been removed, this does indeed help you understand what instructions are active for the role but you have to hover over each grey item and then remember them!

Would be really appreciated if further colour coding could be used to aid identifying and save the need for constant hovering!

Perhaps the already active ones (a) could be coloured a lighter shade of green (to complement the green applied to items you select) with the Unavailable for role and duty ones being left greyed out.

As the logic must already be in place to identify whether instructions are already active or unavailable for roles and positions, hopefully this is a fairly easy fix for inclusion in next update.

When you start the game it asks what level of experience you have and hopefully most people would put down international footballer, as this gives instant respect from the players due to your knowledge etc but when you look at your info in game it simply gives number of caps and any goals scored. It would be good if this could be edited to allow more info for your career, such as clubs played for, what position and any previous coaching/management positions held, it seems weird that big clubs would give you a job without any prior experience.

I'd like to have the ability to talk to players that have me as their favored personnel but are no longer at my club. For example, this player of mine from a Cypriot club has been transfered (by me) to Bologna and is not a regular starter. He just scored a hattrick on his 3rd start for the club vs Milan in the final game of the season. I should be able to congratulate him etc.

Obviously this is should not evolve into an option to poach random players.

Fiddling around with the zoom options because of the zoomed-in bug got me thinking - maybe having two zoom options, one for the match view and one for the rest of the game, might be useful. Obviously I have no data but I suspect most people use the zoom feature because the text outside a match is too small rather than because they want to zoom in on match view (and when zoomed in, the dots are just a tad too big anyway!).

When you get a penalty, either for or against you, instead of the replay showing just the spot kick, how about being able to see the events leading up to the penalty award. This may influence whether or not you appeal any red cards. Could also show the lead-up to a red card as well for the same reason.

A "variable value" for players.

I'll explain what I mean by that. At the moment the AI looks for players based mainly on value & reputation, a players performances have no influence on how many clubs are interested, or what their transfer value is. So at the moment you can have a player who has been signed from a small club into a big league, who has a low reputation, and as a result no matter how well they play they will not attract any interest.

What I want to see is for a players performances to influence how desirable they are. So for example, if a player doesn't have a big reputation when you sign him, if he has a fantastic season with you he will get far more interest from other clubs than he would if he had simply been average.

What I think this would allow would be a much more variable transfer market and one that would emulate real life much better. In the game you would never get things like Andy Carroll being signed by Liverpool for £30m as at that time in the game he didn't have a very high reputation and his value was only around £5m. In the game he might have been signed but it would have been for around £10m at most, however if his value was inflated due to his great last season then the value that would be paid in the game would be higher.

Also, it would see more variety I think. Players that have had a bad season or two would be available for less and so there is more of an incentive to take a punt on a player who has been struggling for form, the trade in youngsters would improve, if you brought in youngster into your first team and they impressed then they would attract interest, and it would make you have to look harder for new signings as if you always just go for whoever has performed best then it will cost you a lot more than you might be prepared to pay.

Totally agree with this, playing in the Welsh league is all good but because you rely on players from low rep clubs you struggle to sell those players at a later date when you have managed to find players from bigger clubs join you.

Position Familiarity I would like to simplify the number of positions a player is responsible for knowing. I suggest allowing automatic familiarity with positions one rank forward or back from the current rank. Simply, all defensive and attacking midfield positions are not known, but a player can play DM if they have MC or CD. They can play WB® if they have DR or MR. Without the current non-familiarity of position penalty. Of course, they may just suck in a duty/role, but at least let's not stack another (largely unknown) penalty atop that. Perhaps sweeper is a special case - I don't use a sweeper, so I'm not sure. From a positional training point of view, I totally understand the need for extensive training for my MC to play DR comfortably, but if I have a right winger, native in AMR he seems to require as much effort to learn MR as, say, ML or MC or ST. (So the alternative suggestion is to make this easier - natural substitutions such as AMR to MR or DR to WBR and perhaps not use up much of the player's potential ability).

Classic Mode I would like a menu of configuration options to include/remove from classic mode. I could, say, turn on team talks, but leave off individual training. Or I could turn on the PPM only portion of individual training.

The option to recall loan players who get a serious injury if you haven't set it as an option.

Right now I have a player on loan in the Conference for three months who has torn his hamstring. I don't want him there, the loaning club doesn't want him there using their medical resources, so why can't I recall him to get treatment?

I would like Set Piece setups to be able to be saved as a file and imported, etc..

or just set throughout the tactics

ie... i want my DR on the backpost for a corner, regardless of whether i'm playing a 4-6-0 or 4-2-4

i shouldn't have to set this every time i change a formation

also, i'd like to see more set piece customisation

-cleared corner with header to the MC who's sitting on the edge of the area, who then feeds the AML and launches a counter attack (rather than a cleared corner to about the halfway line)

-corner headed back to taker, i want a man there (rather than joining the fracas in the middle because the opposition don't use a short option)

-other winger standing by the opposite corner flag for the corner that misses everyone

also, a long flat bullet throw should only be used as an option when the defence has everyone back - if we're on a counter attack, then i don't want a big wind up for a long throw, a quick one is a LOT better

as well as transfer dynamicism (as listed above) where teams are likely to sign someone based on them having a good season, despite actually having poor reputation (or a reduced price because they haven't played any games)

-Shaqiri played 15 games for Chelsea over the past 2 seasons, can't pick him up for under 30m

-Torje was a key part of a title winning side, averaged 7.2 - sold that summer for 5m

-De Lanlay played well for Lyon, averaging 7.1, didn't win French title - sold that summer for 9m

newly promoted teams should actually consider your bargains - i'm offering Cardozo (600k) and Gilardino (500k) out, and they'll sign some random for 5m just because (yeah okay, so you don't want these good [but old] strikers?)

or even come after my loan players - Casasola (who'd be about 4th choice for me) ended up going to Argentina on loan because a spanish team (where he needs another 30 days for nationality) or a promoted team that looks poor doesn't want him

clubs should also look at that too - oh, he's a non-EU player, but needs 30 more days for nationality, let's bring him in and he can get used to our style of play while he gets nationality (rather than not go in for him because there's no EU quota left)

still can't go past the 11.3 update for transfers (but that may have been ridiculous, i was regularly bringing in 50m for 10 players just because they'd sat in my team and increased attributes well)

Archived