Football Manager 2024 Official Feedback Thread

Yeah.. there is no denying that weird results happen IRL and it should happen in FM.

However in this current ME they happen a bit more often than they should, that's why we are posting these findings.

Edited by andu1

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, XaW said:

Because giving a set date is not a good thing for them. If they found a game breaking bug a day before the scheduled patch date, they will get backlash no matter. So they instead take the time they need until they feel they have a better game with fewer issues before releasing it.

Also, I don't know where you work or what you do, but when I call in sick, I've never been asked or told when I'm back unless I know. I'm back when I'm well enough to work, and if it takes a while you'll get a sick note from my doctor with an estimated date unless my illness would likely require further time away. That's how it works where I'm from at least.

Thats when they could say "Apologies, we cannot release all the fixes as promised, due to half our coding team being sick, but because we asked them when they´re coming back, the patch will be released on ***"

Anyway, lets hope its before Christmas

Maybe a 1 month early access for further FM's will be more in tune with that SI needs ?

It's clear that the team cannot fix the major issues in just 2 weeks. And it's really a bummer that we have to wait another 2-3 weeks for a ME update  that will get the conversion rate in line...

Just now, andu1 said:

Maybe a 1 month early access for further FM's will be more in tune with that SI needs ?

It's clear that the team cannot fix the major issues in just 2 weeks. And it's really a bummer that we have to wait another 2-3 weeks for a ME update  that will get the conversion rate in line...

I dont think that is even enough time. Due to some platforms requiring time to approve their patches, as previously stated by Miles. I reckon, just ditch the whole early access, have SI check who plays FM the most hours, contact said users, and let them have the early access, ALOT earlier. I'm sure them users would jump at the chance. 

2 minutes ago, greenz81 said:

I dont think that is even enough time. Due to some platforms requiring time to approve their patches, as previously stated by Miles. I reckon, just ditch the whole early access, have SI check who plays FM the most hours, contact said users, and let them have the early access, ALOT earlier. I'm sure them users would jump at the chance. 

Yeah, i think they already have that. But there is no way a handful of users could find many of the bugs that are spotted in an early access

Just now, andu1 said:

Yeah, i think they already have that. But there is no way a handful of users could find many of the bugs that are spotted in an early access

So why am i not in their list? ;)

Thats what im saying, if its only a handful of players, why isn't is 1000 or even 10,000 players? They would all be happy to pay for the game anyway. It doesnt even have to be free!

I spotted issues from the off. Maybe its because i play the game so much, you get that ´feel´. Plus i do the usual compare the issues from previous edition and see if its fixed.

SI, put me on your list for FM25 please :) 

34 minutes ago, andu1 said:

The highest i could find in FM 23 from all the leagues i checked is 16%.

It's generally between 7-13%.. Much lower than in FM24

Yeah. I think for the Championship at least if you were to put the team IRL with the highest conversion rate of the last 3 seasons... it wouldn't even get to 17th place in the FM table for the division.

EDIT: Found it. The team with the 6th best conversion rate in the division last season, would be bottom of the table on FM...

image.png.93d24fe6270a34e6c3b719b3bd7a0f6c.png

image.png.ce1cb487f04beed0dfda05c3fc61e152.png

For further context in 21/22 the top team (Fulham) had 10.7%. And Bournemouth in 20/21 has 10.3%.

image.png

Edited by Domoboy23

26 minutes ago, kiwityke1983 said:

One off strange results happen all the time IRL. My team beat a side 7-0 first game we had 8 shots on goal!

If that happened in FM people would post it as a bug.

In this example of 1 weeks worth of results -  10 fixtures and 5 of the results have teams scoring over 4 goals - when does this happen irl?  Yes it happens occassionally, but not every week and definatley not 5 of the results out of 10.

This is the league I want to commence my save in - but not if the results are like this.  Its has not been like this in any other FM's and needs toning down to stop it in the  ME

image.png.71a3293d7b13349c9df89162cfe1f5

Edited by wazza

44 minutes ago, alian62 said:

I have no issues with the editor ? I've created a new nation with leagues and cups and continental tournaments etc . No issues at all . Why is there an issue ?

Kits are not visible.

10 minutes ago, skiante said:

I'm pretty sure that everybody who is not complaining about the excessive amount of goals, never watched or played a single football match on his entire life

mine's in line with real world football. how do you describe excessive in your context? how many extra gpg are you witnessing

1 hour ago, kiingallen said:

Fair enough. 

Although based on my entirely subjective experience, I would still welcome some defensive improvements or, less successful passes, especially at higher tempos under pressure (that reflect player attributes of course). 
Sometimes I feel like everyone is press-resistant one-touch masters. 

i will say - I haven’t ran any tests or checked stats. Just purely off the eye. At one level with Ajax.  

The through balls I am seeing in England level 10 make me feel like I'm playing with Barca. 

Edited by Mars_Blackmon

I received this message at the end of season 1.  Because an essentially free 62500 capacity stadium just isn't enough and apparently we like mountains of debt (I shudder to think how much this'll cost)...

Joking apart I think the issue here is West Ham sold 77000 season tickets at the start of the season against a backdrop of a 62500 capacity expandable to 66000.  As far as I'm aware clubs don't oversell season tickets.  For reference, in real life West Ham sold 55000 season tickets this year.

I don't have a save from the start of the game showing the season tickets sold however I've started 3 different West Ham saves and all 3 sold 77000 season tickets (I only finished the first season with this current save).

041f66178b0a1eb5694488bf49cd1ab7.png

facepalm-head-768x432.jpg

The one thing I find irritating with this M.E is the defending. Especially from free kicks and corners. The amount of head tennis I see happening is bonkers. You'd think that players of any level would be able to consistently head the ball out of the area. But nope, I see them head it forwards a metre or 2 for an opposing player to do exactly the same, Rinse and repeat a couple of times before either the opposition score or a defender finally puts his boot through it and kicks it into touch.
I get that not every header clears the area, after all a badly timed jump could cause that to happen on occasion. But not every single set piece.

Other than that I am having fun, my side is playing some fabulous football just wish these slapstick comedy moments would stop then it would be 100% more enjoyable.

1 hour ago, kiingallen said:

At this point, the beta is nothing but a marketing strategy. 

It is and it isn't.  I think probably the majority reason behind it is to drive pre-orders, because, although the labelling is "beta", and the intention is that it's not going to be fully working and that everything should be raised, SI know that the vast majority of people are purely buying to play it early, not to muck in and help.

That being said, it does have value for SI as a pure beta, I'd imagine.  Two weeks isn't going to be enough to unearth anything ground-breaking that they won't already know about, but it's always useful to let the game reach the infinite possibilities of different specs and setups, and, even for issues that they already know about, one user's particular instance with supporting evidence might just be the one that lets them make a breakthrough.

16 minutes ago, herne79 said:

I received this message at the end of season 1.  Because an essentially free 62500 capacity stadium just isn't enough and apparently we like mountains of debt (I shudder to think how much this'll cost)...

Joking apart I think the issue here is West Ham sold 77000 season tickets at the start of the season against a backdrop of a 62500 capacity expandable to 66000.  As far as I'm aware clubs don't oversell season tickets.  For reference, in real life West Ham sold 55000 season tickets this year.

I don't have a save from the start of the game showing the season tickets sold however I've started 3 different West Ham saves and all 3 sold 77000 season tickets (I only finished the first season with this current save).

041f66178b0a1eb5694488bf49cd1ab7.png

facepalm-head-768x432.jpg

I played as West Ham during the beta period and also had a notification that the board wanted to build a new stadium at the end of season one.

13 minutes ago, krkyseventwo said:

I spent my weekend mucking about on the editor. All managers (full time, part time, amateur, unemployed etc) based in England, Scotland, Spain, Italy and Germany. I put them at 16 and 16 for ‘use of subs’ and ‘squad rotation’. I also had 18 and 15, 17 and 14 for 3 year sims. 

The game appears to be more balanced in terms of score lines, and definitely more subs and squad players being used. However, it takes away the individual real life preferences of the AI manager and scores like 5-3, 7-1, 6-2 etc, are non existent. They do happen IRL so that’s not realistic either. 

Makes me appreciate how difficult a job it must be for SI because they are just a stat away from it being a completely different game. 

Was this the sub attribute/tendency set to 0 for all managers?

I haven't got the chance to test but from the sound of if, seems like it was the culprit. I would post this in the bug forums, probably under the database section.

1 hour ago, skiante said:

I'm pretty sure that everybody who is not complaining about the excessive amount of goals, never watched or played a single football match on his entire life

Naturally you get more complaints than positive feedback as most people only speak up if there is something wrong.

There might be issues in my save with to many goals but I’ve never really paid attention as not to fussed either way and if there is then really not sure how it matters? Sounds like it’s happening for all teams so not just affecting the user therefore to say it’s ‘unplayable’ as some have said is a lot of hyperbole!

6 hours ago, Mst82 said:

image.png.96b8423edac924386e22bc8324dd3dc2.png

Injuries since I started my save above - I'm into the 2nd week of August.

As I said previously, I had a look through some fellow Championship squads and most of them have the same issue.

Groin, groin, groin, groin........

And another:

image.png.dc90322a780aac64421e68652b7d9688.png

There's another 3 in quick succession - great fun this 

image.png.69988ad1a5c269960bd471f31cc55c8e.png

44 minutes ago, Mars_Blackmon said:

The through balls I am seeing in England level 10 make me feel like I'm playing with Barca. 

That’s a sad confirmation of what I’m experiencing. 
don’t get me wrong though, I would expect to see some quality play at times, but the frequency should be much much lower. 
as nice as it is to see my team play crazy one-teach no-look passes, it’s not reflective of their attributes which breaks immersion immediately. 

2 minutes ago, Domoboy23 said:

I think the wider public are starting to cotton on. Reviews from 95% to 90% down to 85% positive now on steam

The casual 5 - 10 hour a week players are finally experiencing what the more 'hardcore' players were feeling weeks ago. Same happened with Diablo 4 at launch,

1 hour ago, greenz81 said:

So why am i not in their list? ;)

Thats what im saying, if its only a handful of players, why isn't is 1000 or even 10,000 players? They would all be happy to pay for the game anyway. It doesnt even have to be free!

I spotted issues from the off. Maybe its because i play the game so much, you get that ´feel´. Plus i do the usual compare the issues from previous edition and see if its fixed.

SI, put me on your list for FM25 please :) 

Not saying you specifically but I think they'd want the list to be small group of people who have a very intimate knowledge of what things are supposed to do so they can either recreate the situation or describe what they did in detail to cause it or isolate the problem. I don't think its just about finding bugs but also how you can articulate the problem.

Again not pointing fingers at anyone here but to use an example of something we all kind of see. The complaint of "there's too many goals" isn't really helpful to a developer other than I found something that doesn't seem right. Why are there too many goals? bad GK behavior? Ok what about the GK is wrong? bad marking? what are some examples of bad marking due to bad programming not bad tactical instructions? Strikers are too lethal? Gegenpressing is OP?

Then we have to remember that the game is built to simulate real life and while Declan Rice might have concentration of 17 he's going to lose focus once in a while and it might cost you a goal in a big match. But that's by design. If we can show that declan rice is losing focus just as much as someone with significantly worse concentration (say a League One player) then we get into helping a developer focus on where improvements are needed.

3 minutes ago, Mars_Blackmon said:

Literally only took me a day.

Yeah but you have 2k posts on what is essentially an enthusiast forum that 99.9% of the player base wouldn't even bother looking for. 

I could see from the first few games and player interactions that the game was not ready too. A lot of people were just blinded by the pretty animations. 

21 minutes ago, woodsy1983 said:

Naturally you get more complaints than positive feedback as most people only speak up if there is something wrong.

There might be issues in my save with to many goals but I’ve never really paid attention as not to fussed either way and if there is then really not sure how it matters? Sounds like it’s happening for all teams so not just affecting the user therefore to say it’s ‘unplayable’ as some have said is a lot of hyperbole!

Apparently there were major issues with the Turkey and France database any idea what they changed?

5 minutes ago, KeiranShikari said:

The casual 5 - 10 hour a week players are finally experiencing what the more 'hardcore' players were feeling weeks YEARS ago. Same happened with Diablo 4 at launch,

Fixed it to represent us hardcore players :) .

Anyone who manages outside of a top 5 league team and understands the deeper mechanics in the game (so are NOT the target audience) are here on the forums complaining and bug reporting and think that the current state of the game is unplayable for long-term.

While the other 95% of the players base is just happy that their Premier League team, with transferred wonderkids (downloaded shortlist so they don't touch scouting) and gegenpress (or downloaded tactic) scores 4-5 goals each match and runs the league. Now "luckily" the casuals also realised some of the bugs (player interactions, lack of depth, GK injuries, etc) within their first season so now they are also starting to leave negative reviews, so at least it is more visible.

2 hours ago, kiwityke1983 said:

If you go through this thread it really is about 6 of you consistently complaining about it.

And yes I am terrified they'll ruin the ME as it's the only enjoyable bit of the game so far 😂

If SI make changes, it will be because they they think changes need to be made, not because some people shout the loudest. Especially when its something like goalscoring, incredibly sensitive around small changes and very difficult to balance because there are so many variables 

4 hours ago, craiigman said:

Then something else is up. Here's a quick video I made, I only have the 1 example from Full Release since it's the only goal I've got where you can see the lack of a pass being made, aware it is therefore entriely possible for the player in this postion to dribble himself, but this is happening in every game now. Followed by clips of passes being made where they just aren't being made now (aware clip 2 is a bit further out, but I've also yet to see that type of touch since full release). So if the ME is the same, then what could possibly be causing the passes from the Early Access to stop happening in the full release?

If anyone has goals like the video since the update I would love to see them. I cannot get passes into my strikers like I was getting before.

Anyone else?

54 minutes ago, Domoboy23 said:

I think the wider public are starting to cotton on. Reviews from 95% to 90% down to 85% positive now on steam

Pretty much every negative review is either there's nothing new but the gameplay is the same old great fun loop as it always been I'm just giving a negative review as he games a cash grab these days because... 

Of the J-League fiasco, player interactions and or keeper injuries.

Or mentions all of the above.

The only person to mention too many goals I saw had played for 350 hours!

So they can't be hating it that much.

My favourite though has to be the guy with 250 hours who just wrote "unplayable"!