FM24 Early Access Official Feedback Thread

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, 3maldini3 said:

Have we had the annual argument between a frustrated fan of the game to one of the SI staff about how we should or should not have a list of bug fixes for the full version?

No that will be on the main feedback thread when the game is released, and I've already ordered my big bag of popcorn. 

2 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

I'm almost 4 seasons in, and I hardly ever see this type of goal. 

In fairness I am seeing this pattern both for and against. Maybe it has do with whether you tinker or leave set piece instructions as default when defending throw-ins?

26 minutes ago, rdbayly said:

In fairness I am seeing this pattern both for and against. Maybe it has do with whether you tinker or leave set piece instructions as default when defending throw-ins?

Same here, in my first season I suffered something like 4 or 5 goals from throw-ins. Now, after I took a glance on my setpiece configuration, I managed to score too. But it's too much, it's annoying to score and suffer goals like this.

Yeah lmao, 4 or 5 goals a season like that is nothing. This thread is really a wack doom room. Best match engine ever by a good margin and here we have people make criticism, valid sure, but in a ****** way like they are going on a strike and it's life or death situation.

1 hour ago, D-Foxx said:

I've started 5 saves. Haven't been able to keep my squad happy for more then 10 minutes so far :lol: 

They certainly are a whiny little bunch this edition. 

It is very annoying, but once you realise the vast majority drop the grump after 2 or 3 months, and they mostly still perform just the same, you can be a bit more relaxed about it.

been playing the game relentlessly for the past few days and I have to say this years match engine is proper good. couldn't get into FM23 at all but this years edition has me hooked again.

only thing that's slightly annoying is the skin bug where fitness levels don't update during a match but other than that I'm having a blast, keep up the good work!

1 hour ago, Marinho said:

Well, i don't think that's true ... (filter is not working at all there. Could someone check if it's the same for them?)

image.thumb.png.80b4ae0d2d157833f1b124b4056a661f.png

Same here:

1.thumb.png.52b6a68854c70b46e333a18d0a247101.png

Pretty sure Benin is not in Europe land as well:

1.thumb.png.6071c5e27f97587b4bf4560cc69b7382.png

Edited by fc.cadoni

53 minutes ago, s1111 said:

Is the RNG for random attributes going to be fixed for release so we don't end up with entire teams with vetry low Determination like this?

determination.jpg

Probably have to raise a bug report or feature request on this one, been an issue for a long time. When playing with lower teams it’s even more apparent. I done a save on FM22 I think with team in French div 3 and players getting 1 for stats really shouldn’t be. 

I had to check with the French researcher who confirmed that stats shouldn’t have been 1, they just weren’t given an attribute and the game just set it to 1.

IGE a requirement for saves for me these days.

10 hours ago, kiwityke1983 said:

It looks far closer to actual football with a far better variety to it than anything we've gotten before.

FM23 often looked scripted and by a few hours in I was already having highlights turned up to as fast as they'll go because it was dull to watch.

This year I'm still watching games at a normal speed because the ME at least entertains me.

It has a bit of chaos (mixed with some great passages of play) to it with my defenders/midfielders often losing the ball passing out from the back (plenty of posts saying even this needs toning down as there's a whole other group of people who expect perfection from their players 100% of the time).

The ME isn't perfect it's never going to be, but it's the best we've ever had IMO and that seems to be a majority opinion other than a minority of people who are whinging about various things.

What I worry is SI make changes and we end up with the same old ME that looks scripted and by the numbers and is frankly duller than dishwater after awhile, especially when I play 1,000+ hours every year seeing the exact same patterns of play and goals over and over becomes incredibly tedious.

I'd put money on the next week or so when the game releases we will get multiple posts saying they've ruined the match engine for various reasons. (Even if SI make zero changes)

It's the same cycle every year.

My worry also that the ME will become boring after the first patch because people are never satisfied 

Edited by alian62

Absolutely loving the match engine and really hoping it hasn't been changed too much since the beta build.  If SI have sorted interactions (hopeful) and squad rotation/AI manager's not utilizing substitutes (not so hopeful) for release it could be the best FM in years imo.  

Edited by celtic_fc

Il 19/10/2023 in 18:11 , GunmaN1905 ha scritto:

I'm really sorry my first post about FM24 has to be a complaint, but this is hillarious.

Calhanoglu single-handedly saved Inter's season after Brozović's injury by playing as a deep midfielder in 352, got to CL final, continued being Inter's most important player this season and he's still at 10 bravery, work rate, marking and 12 stamina?

How can a player who's playing every match and constantly covering the most distance have 12 stamina and 10 work rate? Like do you even have anyone watching Serie A or it's just about who can inflate EPL players' ratings the most.

I see that beloved Maguire still has 16 positioning.

Amazing stuff.

I agree with you, there are many obviously incorrect attributes; in some leagues more than others. Specifically at Inter, unfortunately I am forced to make many changes to the players, both negative and positive! So I understand you.

But I imagine it is very difficult for the Football Manager company to hire so many highly trained scouts for all nations. It is clear that the Premier League is better covered.
The only advice I can give you is to buy the Editor and change some values manually. I do this with the help of many real player statistics tools.

Edited by Ermes Messaggero Nerazzurro

9 minutes ago, tropicsafc said:

I am reading a lot players having issues with squad dynamics that seem to stem from promises. It is absolutely feasible to get by without making promises. Give it a go.

I dunno I've had a number of issues with contracts and players kicking off because I wasn't making any promises

20 hours ago, Double0Seven said:

Like I said before. They do not care. Look at the amount of people buying the game blindly. They do not care a main feature being advertised is not working and isn't guaranteed to work at release. SI is just like EA now. No competition, no incentive to improve at all. And to be honest, would you if you were in the same position? You can put out nearly the same game every year, make more money, not fix longstanding bugs and the community still eats it up. 

People want a football manager game where it's easy to win. That will satisfy 90% of the user base, whether the set pieces work or otherwise. That's why FM is successful 

I've noticed if you discuss contracts with agents to get demands lower, the prices shoot back up when you negotiate the contract the first time. My goalkeeper's agent opened up discussions at £32.5k a week. I put it down to £30k and immediately bounced up to over £40k, which was the demands before talking to the agent previously. I didn't take away any other bonuses or such to make the large demand increase make sense. 

6 часов назад, alian62 сказал:

My worry also that the ME will become boring after the first patch because people are never satisfied 

Until this tactic defines as image.png.ccc5bcde8a09653cf9a235dadcb7f819.png, I'm sure this ME needs some updates. And yes, this is tiki-taka in FM22. I understand why FM24 defines this as a Wing Play – players ignore some TI. And this is a problem.

image.png.21185f3455bab132cf7387541ce47a1a.png

Edited by Novem9

9 hours ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

No that will be on the main feedback thread when the game is released, and I've already ordered my big bag of popcorn. 

“It’s a new game, why would you need to know what’s fixed if nothing is broken?”

6 hours ago, celtic_fc said:

Absolutely loving the match engine and really hoping it hasn't been changed too much since the beta build.  If SI have sorted interactions (hopeful) and squad rotation/AI manager's not utilizing substitutes (not so hopeful) for release it could be the best FM in years imo.  

Despite your questionable team choice :D  you've convinced me, just ordered and ready to go after work tomorrow

32 minutes ago, janrzm said:

Interactions.........it's gone from being something that was tedious, to something potentially game breaking and tedious.

It's a tough one, because it makes no sense not to be able to interact with players, at the same time it literally makes no sense........ 😂

"We" (SI) need to find a way to make this work in a logical and reasonably realistic manner or accept that it's doing more harm than good to the gameplay. It's not like you can even ignore it.

Let's see what the next 24hrs brings. 

But that's the question - will there be any changes? hopefully not many to ME anyway, the attention is needed elsewhere. But we won't know other than trial and error I guess.

AI substitude changes for me big enough improvement during match not at 80'mins. :) MAybe they have second formation changes in FM'25. I hope the engine have some AI during player time not necessary in simulated matches.

Edited by baris28

On 02/11/2023 at 14:03, Cro-cop said:

I can understand it somehow. New things added over the years can make things messy. But at some point someone from SI should ask themselves how far can this UI/UX mess go on.

I would honestly like to have an opportunity to talk to a person who made this team talk and press conference screen, and people who gave it thumbs up, and ask how can they think that actually looks  good. Thats what i cannot understand.

But as i said before, not the biggest problem with FM

Not that it's an acceptable excuse for years of poor design but my understanding is the move to unity will also include a brand new UI.

12 hours ago, stevemc said:

Not sure if it's intentional, or an error, but the up/down arrows (next to the flag in the title bar) that allow you to toggle through international teams is not in FM24:

FM23:

image.png.740b26ac4848c7a395d849b57273e3c6.png

FM24:

image.png.3e110a65dce231aff3e4af93ff29c3b8.png

Just makes toggling thru international teams longer than previous.

Think you will find its still there.  It's a colour code issue

2 hours ago, eXistenZ said:

And if my grandmother had wheels, she'd be a bike.....

Expecting something like interactions and  AI squad building being fixed in two weeks when it hasnt been fixed after several years (despite saying they'd focus on it) is living in cloud cuckoo land

Interactions have always been terrible but they've never been this bad, if they get it back to where it is just a chore and not game breaking I'd be happy enough with that, I think that's doable in the the 2-3 window they've given themselves.

And I never mentioned anything about AI squad building because I haven't been that far into a save yet.  Whilst rotation has been an issue for years (hence why I'm not so hopeful), the AI managers refusing to make subs should be a simpler issue to resolve.  

Edited by celtic_fc

On 02/11/2023 at 14:15, nimbleshadow said:

SI, please fix the match engine, this would never happen in real life. It's too unrealistic.

matchenginesi.png.33ddbade5d0c3b4872626c2417c88659.png
Edit (stats):
statsbayern.png.5c8f4199e3807c9ade8230fc8985acb3.png

I have no issues with this. I think the problem SI have is there a two types of player. The casual and the hardcore and you can never keep both happy as they are opposite ends of the spectrum. I hope in a future version of the game they can have an easy level and a hard level. 

Hertha Berlin had a certain Footballer fracture his Foot twice in a case of stressfracture and arms are the legs and feet of Gks...

A streefracture is a nasty thing and heals not well, you practically get a better healing by breaking the bone at whole instead of this often partial crack in the bone that is a stress fracture as they tend to become weak spots oposite to a whole fracture that becomes a reinforced part of a bone after healing.

Not saying that this is the case for the arm of your GK but it is a possible explanation you can make...

Edited by Etebaer

5 hours ago, baris28 said:

AI substitude changes for me big enough improvement during match not at 80'mins. :) MAybe they have second formation changes in FM'25. I hope the engine have some AI during player time not necessary in simulated matches.

Yeah... AI have a second formation althought its rarely used... I raised it as a bug with not reply from SI

1 minute ago, pizzachips said:

happy fm day everyone.

I know this qu is often asked, I know I can carry the beta game over to new but will the beta version have the completed updates the full release has? pondering do I re start if its recommonded/ required or else carry on. thanks

you will need to start a new save for any data or competion rule changes if none of that bothers you just carry on your save 

21 hours ago, kertiek said:

i play the game in comprehensive, am using a fm23 save that is in the year 2042, i started playing in fm24 on December of 2039, am using arsenal.

the match engine is far better than previous years, my biggest complains in the past years has been that wide attackers weren't aggressive enough and didn't even attempt to dribble even if most of the team/roles/Instruction were set to make that the focus of all the attacks, i play with a 4-3-3 dm wide, i like to play with teams set as the barca of ronaldinho, with IF breaking defenses mainly, and now the match engine does it, they attack way better than before, you can check my previous posts that i been complaing about dribbling on wide attacking players for the past 2 years.

after playing 2 full seasons i can say that one problem with the game is creating a big snow ball on other aspects of it, what is it? AI managers, they don't do decent squad building, squad transfers and squad rotations and all those affect way too many pieces of the game:

the transfer market feels bad because AI managers just stockpile players, they buy the best players but never play them, just let them sit and rot in the bench if they take them to the bench because they rarely rotate or make subs.

the squad rotations are almost inexistent, this affect matches competitivity because is like playing against handicaped teams, what's the point of having a nice match engine if i have to play against tired players and their AI managers rarely make substitutions? it feels like a player has to get injured out of the game to see an AI substitution, they do it but rarely.

player development, due to the lack of rotations and substitutions the regens/young players only the very best players of their respective b/ u21/ u19/ u 18 squads get match minutes and this affect directly their development, if you have 2 or more 3+ potential star players only the starters are going to get developed as they should because the players that go to the bench rarely will get minutes so they will develop way slower in comparison to the starters, they simple don't get green match sharpness, they always stay at red or yellow because AI managers don't rotate.

does the league or champions league feels too easy? yes, why? because most of the teams never rotate their squad or if they do it is rare so they end up playing against you with tired squads and if they have to make a forced substitutions due to suspensions or injuries the player coming from the bench will have low match sharpness and wont be in his best condition/form due to lack of minutes.

all these aspects of the game can/should change if AI managers make rotations and substitutions, i would like to see what would happen with u21 players development if their managers make far better use of the whole squad and not just 11 players mainly.

at least that is my main problem with the beta for now, are other things that need fixing? yes but are not as annoying as the things i wrote above.

And yet there was promised big main feature: Smarter Transfers, Squad Building and Finance.

I have yet seen any feedback that this is indeed gotten better and deserves to be called main feature. All the playtroughs or posts here show still the exact same problems as before. I shall try out this week, but doubt I find any other

The upgrades to AI Squad Building and the Finances system dramatically level up the immersion in FM24, adding greater variety, dynamism, and competition to every career.

Sounded too good to be true

50 минут назад, saihtam сказал:

And yet there was promised big main feature: Smarter Transfers, Squad Building and Finance.

I have yet seen any feedback that this is indeed gotten better and deserves to be called main feature. All the playtroughs or posts here show still the exact same problems as before. I shall try out this week, but doubt I find any other

Sounded too good to be true

Well, I think it's definitely better than it was. The squads are younger and more numerous (previously there were 16-17 players per season). Newgens have a better chance of getting into the lineup (statistically). What was most confusing was Benfica’s huge salaries and the fact that Bayern doesn’t have any German by 2035 (I haven’t seen this with other Bundesliga clubs).

But it was holiday test only. I decided to wait for the release because right now my matches are more like hockey in terms of goals and sometimes it looks too random

We have reached the day, FM24 full release day. And I’m nervous as hell!

for the first time in a couple of years I’m actually enjoying the game… and this is entirely down to the Match Engine. I believe this is the way they intended last year but couldn’t achieve it. I genuinely feel immersed into what I’m watching, and I have never been able to say that with confidence. Ever. 

what I’m nervous about is the changes they make and how it will effect the Match Engine. It’s been that good that I feel it’s too good to be true and they break it for me. 

I truly hope not.