FM24 Early Access Official Feedback Thread

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

30 minutes ago, FM'd-BRO said:

WTF MAN! 

He's our best player at the club. I had a board meeting 3 months ago stating their intentions to drop Bojan which I followed demands.

20231028150701_1.thumb.jpg.d13f8dc0b349bb2674a91375dc8d725e.jpg

Look who's starting upfront now I've been sacked, you literally could not write this BS!

5 часов назад, Dadecane сказал:

I just put “ease off tackles” for any player with a yellow. Seems to work as well

I once asked for option so that players with yellow card would automatically play softer. Neil Brock replied that this is already built into FM

Probably this PI works too, but in this context mb it needs more for players without yellow card

5 minutes ago, Novem9 said:

I once asked for option so that players with yellow card would automatically play softer. Neil Brock replied that this is already built into FM

Probably this PI works too, but in this context mb it needs more for players without yellow card

Oh, didn't know that. It shouldn't be - players can get the ol' red mist. So maybe my "calm down, calm down" shout is a placebo.

What are the chances of getting a text version of press conferences in the public domain? All questions and answers for them?

I would love to contribute my input and ideas.

The problem is that to do this I need to switch between Russian and English, and then type this text manually in language that is foreign to me.

If you do the same in a text editor, the process would take many times less time

Edited by Novem9

Только что, phnompenhandy сказал:

Oh, didn't know that. It shouldn't be - players can get the ol' red mist. So maybe my "calm down, calm down" shout is a placebo.

As always, in FM a huge number of factors influence every episode on and off the field. I don't think it's a placebo, but a situation will be different for every player. For an one player, a situation will be different during different periods of a match or season/save. 

Yes :D  I've been playing FM for 19 years and I still learn new things by accident

Should the continue game timeout really take you past the team asking to talk to you about something? Especially considering interactions are so broken and the game will happily stop processing for a week before deadline day meeting and the like? Also didn't there used to be a 'Concerns/Unhappiness' tab at the top of the squad screen to address this stuff after the fact? MIght have dreamt that tbf

Odegaards complaining we only have a starting keeper, an experienced backup keeper, a young keeper and a further high potential young keeper arriving in a few months fwiw. Got the whole team furious about said crisis.

Edited by Purple Bane

I think I might have found a solution to squad players asking for new contract after they've played regularly in the first team.

I had a player with 3 years left on his contract complain about wanting a new contract and I just took him out of the first team and after 2 months I got the message saying he no longer wants a new deal because he recognises his current contract is good enough for him 

Starting my King's Lynn save, I put out adverts for all the vacant staff positions (head physio, chief scout, head performance analyst, sports scientist, director of football, and also a couple of U19 roles).

Received no external applicants for any of them via the job centre after leaving the advert running for a couple of months.

The only people interested were staff already at my club in other roles who I believe were on non-contracts. They couldn't be offered a non-contract for their new role but both happily accepted a full-time contract of £1 per week.

Offered their old positions back out to the job centre for a month so far, zero applicants for them either.

One of my £1/week staff members was a Director of Football so next idea was to set him to try to hire staff in the staff responsibilities. He's not made a single offer to anyone, which I can't particularly hold against him given what we're paying him.

Gone into the the staff search screen now and hit on what seems to be the issue - even the lowest world-reputation staff who come up on the 'interested staff' filter want double the wages that I can offer for any given role. 

Not above any of my budgets so wages aren't being capped for that. Board won't accept raising any of the job budgets.

Therefore can't hire any scouts and am relying on my £1/week Director of Football with judging ability of 3 to scout one player a week.

Probably not working as intended - guessing the staff wage limits are scaled as if the team is part-time and so they're not set at a level anybody is close to willing to accept for a full-time role.

In general, I feel the game is too frenetic. I kind of like getting through a lot of games quickly. But with the combination of huge number of goals being scored (which means I have to manage matches way more actively), injuries, and players being upset about 'lack of depth' in particular positions, I am taking hours to get through each match.

If the game could just drink a bit less caffeine and calm down a bit, it would be even better than it already is.

45 minutes ago, SaintsCanada said:

In general, I feel the game is too frenetic. I kind of like getting through a lot of games quickly. But with the combination of huge number of goals being scored (which means I have to manage matches way more actively), injuries, and players being upset about 'lack of depth' in particular positions, I am taking hours to get through each match.

If the game could just drink a bit less caffeine and calm down a bit, it would be even better than it already is.

In my save the goals scored seem to be right on the money. Last year away teams struggled mightily to score. Home games were easy, away games was about grinding it out. It feels like this year to me you have to think about where the opposition is attacking from and make sure you have sufficient cover across all five lateral zones regardless. Home teams still have a slight boost obviously but I haven't felt a wide discrepancy between home and away performances.

My only major gripe is that set piece marking could be represented better. I do feel like there's too many goals from throw ins but that's anecdotal. There's a ton of variety in the way my team scores visually. The new deflection/ball physics really makes it feel more realistic especially if your keeper gets wrong footed or your striker misses a sitter.

I hope they don't change much other than maybe little tweaks. Occasionally I feel like players take too heavy a touch but that's not unrealistic.

4 hours ago, Novem9 said:

What are the chances of getting a text version of press conferences in the public domain? All questions and answers for them?

I would love to contribute my input and ideas.

The problem is that to do this I need to switch between Russian and English, and then type this text manually in language that is foreign to me.

If you do the same in a text editor, the process would take many times less time

Perfect place to implement a chatGPT-like tech. Need to also connect answers to any expected impacts you want certain answers to have in the game world. But again, an LLM can categorize it all for you.  Would be a game changer for press conferences. 

Can anyone with a save a few seasons in check whether call-ups of NewGens / young players to national squads seem deserved?

For England at least I'm seeing quite a few Theo Walcott-style caps, where the player has got very little experience, maybe been on loan and performed average at a Championship side for a season, but gets called up anyway.  Sometimes tallies with the "wonderkid" tag, and having a second nationality - thinking that when selecting the sim is putting too much emphasis on that and PA, than CA.  I'm not seeing it as much with other countries, although they don't seem to be calling up many young players / newgens at all.

29 minutes ago, KeegBCFC said:

image.thumb.png.30123fccd2b32a96de19d6087b520ed0.png

screen-0.jpg.ba1ddff88f84e6d30a7d8a683d5221d1.jpg

Yep just had this taken over Blackpool in relegation zone and now got them in the playoff places and semi final of carabao Cup. 

Unfortunately the whole squad now hate me because all of a sudden we lack depth at the goalkeeper position. Morale is now destroyed and haven't won in 5 games because of it. Awful bug, I've not even sold a keeper so what are they on about and no money or wage budget to even bring 1 in.

7 hours ago, FM'd-BRO said:

He's our best player at the club. I had a board meeting 3 months ago stating their intentions to drop Bojan which I followed demands.

Is this a (pointlessly annoying) new thing? Never have I had a board tell me to drop a player.

27 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

Anyone else been experiencing game crashes in this bet....sorry, early access?

Had two now in the last 2 nights, hugely frustrating. 

yep there's quite a lot of crash threads posted here https://community.sigames.com/bugtracker/football-manager-2024-early-access-bugs-tracker/crash-technical-and-performance-issues/

i posted mine, praying they can find the issue.. 

8 hours ago, Jack Sarahs said:

Hi there

Can you please send us your save file where 90% of the goals are from set pieces? 

Do you have some stats within the game you can share to show this stat of 90% of goals from set pieces is correct? 

thank you

Hey thanks for reading through and responding! I clarified the stats a few messages further down with another member. I basically went through a rough patch of about 5/6 games where I only conceded from corners/throw ins. Now having a look at my set pieces setup and try and tweak things, see if it makes a difference. 

Ah well, the strange messages you get from FM:

I am currently third in my league after only 4 games played and both board and supporters are disapointed of me failing to achieve a top half placing at the end of that very season that is still 10 months away...that is sooooo FM ;)

PS: Another issue with strange messaging:

When i play the first time in a league regardless how good i am it is allways a new "record low" insted of the logical new "record high" that i achieve at the end of that season.

That makes no sense - neither logical nor linguistical - when you have no result record the next result is allways the best result you have to date until you have a comparison record!

Edited by Etebaer

I saw someone post a few days ago in the thread asking if there was any game-changing bugs that have been identified.
Is there any further consensus on this? I'd like to continue the save started in Beta if possible.

Been following this thread closely and haven't seen anything that suggests a major issue. As far as I'm aware some of the common stuff I'm seeing raised like AI transfers, high scoring games, set pieces, interactions can all be factored in to an already started save. Though I might be wrong here. I'd always heard it was if there was anything database related where it's a problem, though I'm not actually sure what sort of stuff would fall under this. 

4 hours ago, Double0Seven said:

It is confirmed by SI that it is now an issue.

Again, completely unacceptable in my opinion that these "bugs" are the same every year. Every year we go through the same cycle. Issue from last year still persists > SI acknowledges it > problem does not get fixed before full release > still charge people full price for a game they know is bugged in some perspective for years > people like me give feedback and get completely ignored. 

Fix this before release AND really fix it so we dont end up having this discussion again. Only then I might consider buying the game. Otherwise I will once again skip another year. We should not accept paying full price for problems that plague the game for years yet every year the same "promises" are made and it isn't fixed at all. 

I rather hear honestly "hey we cant fix it this year" than promising it will be fixed. Because Ive heard these promises before. You cannot advertise a feature that's "new", doesn't seem to work and then promise to fix it in future updates. I dont like how the gaming industry is moving, because this seems to be the standard. Were paying full price for games with features that dont work with broken promises. Like FIFA... and we all know how they went down that road with no competition. 

I said before a few days ago on here that it looked good to another user. SI Confirming this is a issue has put me off buying FM24 for now. Hopefully they fix it before release. 

Edited by StevehFC

7 hours ago, StevehFC said:

I said before a few days ago on here that it looked good to another user. SI Confirming this is a issue has put me off buying FM24 for now. Hopefully they fix it before release. 

You and me brother. Saying it as hard as I can every year. But seeing as the sales number are only going up nobody cares.

Something that happened to me yesterday that ive never seen; my opponent scored a screamer from outside the box on me. But it was called off; as a teammate of his who was offside was “blocking my gk’s view” said the commentator, therefore it was called offside. 

Im playing in primera federacion so theres no VAR, the officiating crew made the call themselves. Never seen that before, very very cool. 

loving the game so far, im expiriencing none of the mentioned bugs at all, except maybe gl injuries but nothing too big, days, weeks. 

Hello everyone,

As a player that has played every FM game since 2003-2004 CM, i have the experience to say somethig about this edition. First I want to note that although not every previous edition was good, and some of them I played very rarely despite I bought each one of them. I wanted to support the developers because no such a game exist. 

Before I write about FM 24, I want to note that for me the most important thing about any FM game is the ME. Every other thing is addition to the ME and it should translate in the ME.

So, I thought to write longer review about this year wdition of the game, but I will be short and say this:

This is the best ME ever!!! Just to add, not in years, but ever!

I realy enjoy the game. Thank you for the developers.

What are people seeing with "Promises"?

I have a player who became "unhappy" because I had unhappy players.....(I actually don't but that's not my point). I'm currently being notified that he's "Very pleased to see a great improvement in the number of unhappy players at the club......." but the promise still has 46 days to run and his morale is stuck in the "promise limbo" I was under the impression this had changed so the morale would adjust quicker once a promise was met? It just makes no sense that I've addressed his concern and his morale remains unchangeable.

Edited by janrzm

9 minutes ago, janrzm said:

What are people seeing with "Promises"?

I have a player who became "unhappy" because I had unhappy players.....(I actually don't but that's not my point). I'm currently being notified that he's "Very pleased to see a great improvement in the number of unhappy players at the club......." but the promise still has 46 days to run and his morale is suck in the "promise limbo" I was under the impression this had changed so the morale would adjust quicker once a promise was met? It just makes no sense that I've addressed his concern and his morale remains unchangeable.

They're far too sensitive.

1 minute ago, whatsupdoc said:

They're far too sensitive.

They are but my issue is I thought a players morale would unlock sooner if you'd met the promise straight away. Instead it remains locked and cant rise.

Currently MK Dons. Promoted to League 1. Currently got Sean Raggett on trial. Offered him a contract without promises (to get to championship 26/27) wants 2.5k. But if i offer him a contract with that promise, he wants £9.75k. Why would the AI want the wage the player would expect in say, 3 years time IF i get promoted in that time, now? I think something might needs tweaking behind the scenes... if its a bug, i got the save waiting

20 hours ago, Blünderbossu said:

Starting my King's Lynn save, I put out adverts for all the vacant staff positions (head physio, chief scout, head performance analyst, sports scientist, director of football, and also a couple of U19 roles).

Received no external applicants for any of them via the job centre after leaving the advert running for a couple of months.

The only people interested were staff already at my club in other roles who I believe were on non-contracts. They couldn't be offered a non-contract for their new role but both happily accepted a full-time contract of £1 per week.

Offered their old positions back out to the job centre for a month so far, zero applicants for them either.

One of my £1/week staff members was a Director of Football so next idea was to set him to try to hire staff in the staff responsibilities. He's not made a single offer to anyone, which I can't particularly hold against him given what we're paying him.

Gone into the the staff search screen now and hit on what seems to be the issue - even the lowest world-reputation staff who come up on the 'interested staff' filter want double the wages that I can offer for any given role. 

Not above any of my budgets so wages aren't being capped for that. Board won't accept raising any of the job budgets.

Therefore can't hire any scouts and am relying on my £1/week Director of Football with judging ability of 3 to scout one player a week.

Probably not working as intended - guessing the staff wage limits are scaled as if the team is part-time and so they're not set at a level anybody is close to willing to accept for a full-time role.

As an update to this for anyone else struggling with something similar there is one kind-of workaround for now. 

The excessively low wage cap for my staff doesn't apply when hiring someone who is also registered as a player. So after manually searching through all the oldest players in the player search screen I found there was one 37 year old willing to be player/chief scout on emergency backup playing time. He'll probably retire from playing at the end of the season though, at which time I imagine he'll leave. His player/staff wage is £450 and I guess he's going to be no keener than anybody else to accept the maximum offerable wage for Chief Scout (£200) when I try to extend after he retires...