FM24 Early Access Official Feedback Thread

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, rich10 said:

I'm on the Steam Deck and when I try to upload my FM23 save game into FM24 it doesn't recognise any FM23 folders.

Do I need to look in a specific place? Or is this a known bug?

Try going to the desktop mode and putting the save in FM24 folder 

Loaded my FM23 game. Everything looks as it was in FM23 from a data standpoint, which is perfect. I see all my old regens ported over (and the graphics on the faces whilst not perfect are improved)

One disappointing thing is that I can't seem to add Japan as a playable league. Other than that, it all seems fine so far.

2 minutes ago, DarJ said:

Try going to the desktop mode and putting the save in FM24 folder 

This was exactly what I was in the middle of doing, thanks. Just booting it back into Steam Gaming mode to see if it works.

1 hour ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

Well, I guess that's the trade off for still having the right players at your club. The feature was designed a certain way, and it works as expected. Fire in a request in the feature request thread if you want to see it done another way. 

I'm giving my feedback on a feature in an official feedback topic - why are you being such a gatekeeper?

1 hour ago, BuzzR said:

You can have a different "Location" in the preferences... and all data is moved/saved there, including "graphics" folder.
I've set up another separate folder with all my graphics - faces, kits, logos etc. and instead of moving this folder with every installment I've created a symbolic link for the "graphics" folder to point to this separate folder.

Right, indeed, I just had to restart the game and it works.

3 hours ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

Well, you'll need to transfer the save over first, because when you delete FM23, the save game files are also deleted. 

Yea I thought that, but I was then wondering if I still needed FM23 installed to play the save.

I'll transfer over & then uninstall FM24

3 hours ago, kiwityke1983 said:

Absolutely loving the match engine so far the movement of players and the bounce of the ball is absolutely fantastic this year.

I never thought I'd say the bounce of a ball makes such a huge difference to how the matches feel.

Feels far more like real football.

Looks so much more slick, a great job they've done on that.

10 minutes ago, BJG123 said:

I'm giving my feedback on a feature in an official feedback topic - why are you being such a gatekeeper?

Twice now I've given you advice on how to further address your concerns. Take it or leave it. It's a public forum, people will respond. Is this your first day on the internet?

Another really fun goal with some cool new animations. Really liked Anderson's first touch and the directness of Murphy as the winger (attack), who you can now give the cuts inside instruction to!

Really enjoying positional play as well with the inverted full back playing exactly as I'd expect. For once my box to box midfielder feels genuinely box-to-box too!

Some feedback to hopefully address in FM25: I wish we could get away from the strictly binary gender system for managers. Why don't you simply provide a variety of body types (from masculine to feminine and anything in between) and pronouns and let people pick what they like? It would also make it easier to find any hairstyle you want (why is that gendered in the first place?).

I think that would be a much more welcome addition than face paint.

That's it! I'm not sitting at this office desk any longer.

Y'all could have just reined in all the praise till I got home from work...but noooo you just had to rub it in. 

I won't sit idly by any longer. Calling an Uber home. "Boss, I'm feeling a little under the weather...". :D

Haven't even gotten to a match yet, but really liking the game - UI has made improvements, I think it had regressed the last couple of versions so I think it's great to see such strides forward. Really liking the way transfers work as well,  bit more involved to get rid of deadwood and feels more realistic. 

Quite fun to have a Suadi club swoop in for someone

59 minutes ago, rich10 said:

I'm on the Steam Deck and when I try to upload my FM23 save game into FM24 it doesn't recognise any FM23 folders.

Do I need to look in a specific place? Or is this a known bug?

Worth doing a bug report for this @rich10 if you haven’t already 

16 minutes ago, The Amazing Dale Watkins said:

Some feedback to hopefully address in FM25: I wish we could get away from the strictly binary gender system for managers. Why don't you simply provide a variety of body types (from masculine to feminine and anything in between) and pronouns and let people pick what they like? It would also make it easier to find any hairstyle you want (why is that gendered in the first place?).

I think that would be a much more welcome addition than face paint.

I'd absolutely love this as a trans person. It would probably be pretty hard to add in pronouns other than He/Him or She/Her though because of the number of languages the game has to be translated in to, and the fact that a lot of them have changes to many, many words depending on the gender of the person refered to. I remember back in the day SI saying how it had been surprisingly difficult to do this back when they added female managers for the first time, and I expect it'd be the same again for minimal reward. One approach taken in The Sims 4 is to allow full pronoun customisation, but only when playing in English.

10 minutes ago, jlammi said:

hi! my game freezes when going to match, prossesing. only way is going holiday mode, hope this getting fixed

Hi @jlammi Can you please add this to the crashes and performance issues in the early access bugs forum. More reports SI get the easier it is to work out the issue and get a fix done. 

1 minute ago, HighFlyingDwarf said:

Intra Squad friendlies are now treated separately from normal friendlies and you can manage both sides including selecting the specific squads. Interesting...

It's always been like that, has it not?

2 minutes ago, zakbrown96 said:

Hi @jlammi Can you please add this to the crashes and performance issues in the early access forum. More reports SI get the easier it is to work out the issue and get a fix done. 

yes i will try to post there. it wont crash tho

2 minutes ago, HighFlyingDwarf said:

May have been added last year? I only ever had the one I think. It definitely hasn't always been like that though.

I've the memory of goldfish but I'm sure it's been in at least the last few

The game so far is such an improvement on last year. The UI is more responsive, looks better. I thought last years made the game feel a bit empty and arcade like; now it’s more serious and sim like. The game has so much more depth in all departments which makes it much more immersive. The match engine is fantastic, we’ll done.