The Final Four

Coulthard's Jaw

Who is going to win the World Cup?  

60 members have voted

1. 1. Who is going to win the World Cup?

Croatia - Small country, only been in existence since the mid 90s. Their record at the World Cup is incredible and if they go on to win it would be astonishing.

Argentina - Last won in 1986. Quite average team but Messi is something else and if he ends his top level career with a World Cup triumph it would be remarkable.

Morocco - First African team to reach the semi finals. If they win the World Cup, it would be historic AND sensational.

France - Most boring potential winner tbh BUT would be first back to back winners of the World Cup since the olden days, with the same manager in charge, and Mbappe would have 2 World Cups by the age of 23. Incredible.

Edited by Coulthard's Jaw

don't particularly care who wins it as it will be great for anyone but my thoughts are wanting to see Messi lift a World Cup before he retires, just because I've watched all his career since he started as a teenager in the Barcelona team and it would feel like the final curtain to it all :)

failing that, I'd love to see Croatia win it because Yugoslavia would have won something major in the 90s if the war that took place there in the early 90s didn't happen

FFS was literally just making a thread :D 

Want Argentina to win basically for Messi. Morocco or Croatia would be cool for first time winners and just with how small they are and also with Morocco an African country winning it would be pretty seismic. 

France winning it for the second time in a row would be pretty big too but feels like the most boring story but wouldn't begrudge them winning it, but I'd rather any of the other 3.

1 minute ago, Pukey said:

Morocco or Croatia would be cool for first time winners and just with how small they are

Morocco has 10x the population of Croatia. :D
They have almost 35 million residents, they're not a small country.

Croatia - I'm still fully convinced it won't happen, it just can't. Will be way easier to play against Argentina, but they have Messi. Against Brazil it was impossible to press them because they're way too fast on the wings, Argentina is as slow as us. Defending deep against Messi never works out and I fully believe that if you take him and Modrić out, we're not a worse team. Acuna and Montiel are suspended, that's a huge miss since Scaloni always subbed full-backs. And I'm fully convinced refs will give a slight push to Argentina, much like they did in every other match. If we get to the final, I want France. Most of you aren't aware, but they've been our sports nightmare in every competition and big final. Took away so many medals, it has to return somewhere.

Argentina - The best comment I've seen is how Messi deserves this more than anyone for his ridiculous play and obviously the entire career, but how  it would be hard to stomach most of those absolute c*nts getting their hands on a trophy. Every team has dislikeable players and sh*thouses from time to time, but current Argentina squad might be the biggest bunch of c*nts ever and everyone would hate them if not for Messi.

Morocco - Sadly, I think they're done. Their entire defense except for Hakimi is injured and even if they play, they will be far from optimal fitness. Their run has been incredible and I hope they put up a fight, but I can't see it happening.

France - They're probably winning it again because there's no pressure on them. Been there, done that. Half their starting lineup is out and yet they're always in full control, except for Upamecano making mistakes. Maignan, Pavarad, Kimpembe, Lucas, Kante, Pogba, Nkunku, Benzema. Those 8 would probably be starting if healthy, but they're all out. Just incredible depth.

Just now, GunmaN1905 said:

Croatia - I'm still fully convinced it won't happen, it just can't. Will be way easier to play against Argentina, but they have Messi. Against Brazil it was impossible to press them because they're way too fast on the wings, Argentina is as slow as us. Defending deep against Messi never works out and I fully believe that if you take him and Modrić out, we're not a worse team. Acuna and Montiel are suspended, that's a huge miss since Scaloni always subbed full-backs. And I'm fully convinced refs will give a slight push to Argentina, much like they did in every other match. If we get to the final, I want France. Most of you aren't aware, but they've been our sports nightmare in every competition and big final. Took away so many medals, it has to return somewhere.

Argentina - The best comment I've seen is how Messi deserves this more than anyone for his ridiculous play and obviously the entire career, but how  it would be hard to stomach most of those absolute c*nts getting their hands on a trophy. Every team has dislikeable players and sh*thouses from time to time, but current Argentina squad might be the biggest bunch of c*nts ever and everyone would hate them if not for Messi.

Morocco - Sadly, I think they're done. Their entire defense except for Hakimi is injured and even if they play, they will be far from optimal fitness. Their run has been incredible and I hope they put up a fight, but I can't see it happening.

France - They're probably winning it again because there's no pressure on them. Been there, done that. Half their starting lineup is out and yet they're always in full control, except for Upamecano making mistakes. Maignan, Pavarad, Kimpembe, Lucas, Kante, Pogba, Nkunku, Benzema. Those 8 would probably be starting if healthy, but they're all out. Just incredible depth.

Should have been clearer, Croatia is obviously small in terms of population, Morocco small in terms of its footballing history and that kind of thing, so both "small" but in different ways.

Would be hilarious if Morocco won it. I think Argentina though, just for the Messi love. Tbf, I'd be happy for him if he did. Overall I'd be happy with anyone winning it apart from France, not because of last night but just because they won the last one.

8 minutes ago, GunmaN1905 said:

Morocco has 37M people and is 39th most populated nation of earth. They're not small but they're hardly massive. France has almost 70M and Argentina 45M, so Morocco is definitely small in relation to the opposition (albeit not as small as Croatia). I'm pretty sure they'd be the smallest population to win the World Cup, after Uruguay. 

Anyway, i think we get a Croatia/France rematch and Croatia wins, but i hope it's a Morocco/Croatia final. If it is, i don't care who wins. 

Edited by JD nawrat

I want Argentina but have voted France. They seem to be on the exact same note they were on two years ago. Simultaneously unimpressive yet somehow inevitable through their talent, which is a very weird combo. It's kinda like Zidane's Real Madrid.

I think France will win it, but wouldn't be surprised at all if any of the others did.

What I do like is the romanticism around any one of the four sides winning. All four have a genuine feep story around it.

Argentina - Messi winning the World Cup.

Croatia - Such a small & young nation winning the big one.

France - Deschamps doing the rare back to back.

Morocco - The first African side to win the competition. 

Any one of those would make for a great story in years to come.

Edited by Confused Clarity

Went with Argentina at the start and I'm sticking with them for now, even if they haven't exactly impressed. Not just Messi, I want them to win for their fans as well. 36 years without a World Cup and they make every stadium look as if it was situated in Buenos Aires or Rosario.

Failing that, I would prefer Croatia and then Morocco. France are the best team left but they won last time and I've already written a few times what I think of Deschamps' tactics. :D

Edited by Darius1998

France, no ET played and should comfortably beat this Morocco side in 90. Argentina have a tough test against Croatia that they likely win but could easily be another extra time on their legs.

And as much as I love Messi, Mbappe is now the best in the world and he has a history of losing in these moments on the international stage.

13 minutes ago, Confused Clarity said:

Just to clear the confusion up since a lot of people write in this style, Croatia has kind of been a thing for 1300 years, just had a lot of bad luck as of last several hundred years. :lol:

Kind of as if UK was playing with one football team, then Cymru (calling it correctly :D) left the UK and people started calling you a young nation.

8 minutes ago, Astafjevs said:

Who has a history of losing in these moments?

Messi? lost World Cup in 2014 and two successive Copa America finals in 2015 and 2016

although not all down to him of course

I'm not bothered about whether Messi wins it or not and I'm slightly surprised how many want him to win it. I would either like a France vs Argentina final or Morocco vs Croatia final so that we have a new winner or a final that isn't just attack against defence.

It's not always pretty but France under Deschamps are a good side so I have them as favourites.

11 minutes ago, The_jagster said:

I'm not bothered about whether Messi wins it or not and I'm slightly surprised how many want him to win it. I would either like a France vs Argentina final or Morocco vs Croatia final so that we have a new winner or a final that isn't just attack against defence.

It's not always pretty but France under Deschamps are a good side so I have them as favourites.

He's the greatest player I've ever seen and winning the world cup cements his legacy. Not that it should require it, but it really would push him further in most people's views. That's why I, and I'm assuming a lot of others, want him to win it.

Morocco are the last team France would like to face, but they have to. Giroud will have to be immense in order for France to avoid the fate of other giants. Croatia have a better defense than Argentina, but the Argentinian GK is a penalty shootout asset. My homeland might want to win in 90 minutes, if possible. A homemade recipe for nullifying Messi exists.

Morocco-Croatia final match.

Edited by Bunkerossian

I think any of Brazil, Argentina, England, France do away with this Morocco side with relative ease in the context of a semi tbh. Amazing run but think France should be ecstatic at their opposition to reach a WC final, especially with so many injury issues.

Edited by ArsenalFan7

7 minutes ago, Astafjevs said:

Morocco-France has proper 'just a step too far vibes' about it. Can just hear the commentary coming out with that line on 70 mins after Dembélé puts France 3-0 up

considering his tournament so far, I'd be surprised if it's Dembele :D

37 minutes ago, skybluedave said:

I have mad respect for Croatia. What they've done past 20 odd years really is amazing.

'96 - Don't think we had a legit chance of winning, but QF robbery against Germans was shameful.

'98 - Thuram scores his only two goals of international career and our coach made some questionable choices. Bokšić was also injured and was sorely missed.

'00 - End of that generation, massive bottling at home in the deciding qualifying match, ends 2-2.

'02 - Start of a new generation, poor team, qualifying was the best that could be done.

'04 - Somewhat better, but still an average side. Blatantly robbed against France, Trezeguet equalizes with a clear handball, then battered against England.

'06 - Went all in on Brazil game in the opener, then bottled matches against Japan and Australia. Missed a penalty against Japan and dropped the lead twice against Australia.

'08 - The main reason why penalty taking is impeccable now. One of the most ridiculous eliminations in history of football. We weren't better than Spain, but we were clearly a top4 team in the touranment and outplayed Germany in the group. Eduardo was also sorely missed.

'10 - England's revenge for previous qualifiers, but still it came down to final game at home, which was a decent bottling, again 2-2.

'12 - Start of the new generation, toughest group of the tournament where we got scammed out of qualifying. Draw with Italy and then blatant penalty not called against Spain, Rakitić misses a sitter after, Spain wins in stoppage, but only because we went all out.

'14 - Poor atmosphere, lost to Mexico in the jungle. Poor coaching and a keeper way past it.

'16 - I'm not going to say we were the best team in the tournament, but there wasn't a team that was clearly better. Won the group against Spain with rotated team, better than Portugal for 120 minutes and then heartbreak at the end. Hit the post and conceded last minute goal on the counter. Road to the final would've been Poland and Wales.

'18 - The team was a step below previous EURO and we didn't play anything special before the semi-final, but got there with easy draw. Then France scores two goals from non-existant free-kick and a ridiculous handball penatly. Regardless, half the team was injured and we would've won maybe once out of 10 matchups.

'20 - Cowardly approach, but we contested Spain. Lost in the end due to unbalanced lineups because of result chasing and Kramarić missing a sitter before Spain regained the lead.

'22 - Again unimpressive on attack, but making the most of players available. Eliminating Brazil was probably the biggest win in history of NT. Then again, definitely a top8 team and eliminated the biggest favorite, can't take anything away. It's just about draw.

Looking at it like this, I still think '08 and '16 teams were a class above '18 and '22, but football is a strange game.
I never thought another chance to win a trophy would present itself and I still don't think it's going to happen, I can say that Croatia is definitely the biggest footballing country without a trophy now.
At least winning that Mickey Mouse Nations League cup in June would be nice.

Upcoming generation will probably have the most depth and best defense, but you can't win tournaments without players like Modrić. Plenty of young midfielders are coming up who will surely play in top clubs, but I think it's now or never. Big nations seem to be flooding with talent. Still, the same was said 20 years ago.

30 minutes ago, GunmaN1905 said:

'96 - Don't think we had a legit chance of winning, but QF robbery against Germans was shameful.

'98 - Thuram scores his only two goals of international career and our coach made some questionable choices. Bokšić was also injured and was sorely missed.

'00 - End of that generation, massive bottling at home in the deciding qualifying match, ends 2-2.

'02 - Start of a new generation, poor team, qualifying was the best that could be done.

'04 - Somewhat better, but still an average side. Blatantly robbed against France, Trezeguet equalizes with a clear handball, then battered against England.

'06 - Went all in on Brazil game in the opener, then bottled matches against Japan and Australia. Missed a penalty against Japan and dropped the lead twice against Australia.

'08 - The main reason why penalty taking is impeccable now. One of the most ridiculous eliminations in history of football. We weren't better than Spain, but we were clearly a top4 team in the touranment and outplayed Germany in the group. Eduardo was also sorely missed.

'10 - England's revenge for previous qualifiers, but still it came down to final game at home, which was a decent bottling, again 2-2.

'12 - Start of the new generation, toughest group of the tournament where we got scammed out of qualifying. Draw with Italy and then blatant penalty not called against Spain, Rakitić misses a sitter after, Spain wins in stoppage, but only because we went all out.

'14 - Poor atmosphere, lost to Mexico in the jungle. Poor coaching and a keeper way past it.

'16 - I'm not going to say we were the best team in the tournament, but there wasn't a team that was clearly better. Won the group against Spain with rotated team, better than Portugal for 120 minutes and then heartbreak at the end. Hit the post and conceded last minute goal on the counter. Road to the final would've been Poland and Wales.

'18 - The team was a step below previous EURO and we didn't play anything special before the semi-final, but got there with easy draw. Then France scores two goals from non-existant free-kick and a ridiculous handball penatly. Regardless, half the team was injured and we would've won maybe once out of 10 matchups.

'20 - Cowardly approach, but we contested Spain. Lost in the end due to unbalanced lineups because of result chasing and Kramarić missing a sitter before Spain regained the lead.

'22 - Again unimpressive on attack, but making the most of players available. Eliminating Brazil was probably the biggest win in history of NT. Then again, definitely a top8 team and eliminated the biggest favorite, can't take anything away. It's just about draw.

Looking at it like this, I still think '08 and '16 teams were a class above '18 and '22, but football is a strange game.
I never thought another chance to win a trophy would present itself and I still don't think it's going to happen, I can say that Croatia is definitely the biggest footballing country without a trophy now.
At least winning that Mickey Mouse Nations League cup in June would be nice.

Upcoming generation will probably have the most depth and best defense, but you can't win tournaments without players like Modrić. Plenty of young midfielders are coming up who will surely play in top clubs, but I think it's now or never. Big nations seem to be flooding with talent. Still, the same was said 20 years ago.

Why do you think you've consistently produced at minimum capable and at best incredibly dangerous teams? This is a record not massively dissimilar from a lot of the biggest teams yet it's coming from a small country with such a small population. Small nations can produce a gifted generation now and again (see Iceland) but you've only been a country since the 90s yet have consistently produced a lot of talented players and while the likes of Modric aren't gonna be around much longer there still always seems to be another couple of players on the way. Is it just because there's always been a history with football in that region or is there anything else behind it?

26 minutes ago, Pukey said:

Why do you think you've consistently produced at minimum capable and at best incredibly dangerous teams? This is a record not massively dissimilar from a lot of the biggest teams yet it's coming from a small country with such a small population. Small nations can produce a gifted generation now and again (see Iceland) but you've only been a country since the 90s yet have consistently produced a lot of talented players and while the likes of Modric aren't gonna be around much longer there still always seems to be another couple of players on the way. Is it just because there's always been a history with football in that region or is there anything else behind it?

The other day I wrote down all the athletes and sports that had big results. There's literally no explanation other than genetics and natural talent. I can't consider anything else.

There's no adequate facilities, not enough big clubs with decent attendance, massive amount of corruption and everything that goes with it, but people somehow keep succeeding.

Nowdays Dinamo is massive and alongside Portugese big3 and Ajax by far the best development of talents, but investments are still nothing compared to big nations.

When it comes to sports, we just want to compete and c*nt mentality definitely helps. :D

Take Japanese for example, they were just happy to be there and were humble and full of respect.

On the other hand, since first EURO in '96 expectations were always massive and we were never happy to be there. Every tournament except for '98 and now '18 was seen as a failure. Regardless of if it was lack of quality, bad luck or whatever, it's always a failure. For years there's valid reason for it, but people were entitled that we should be among the best teams in the world. Even now, most people, including myself think that we should've been playing way better. It's just a state of mind.

That state of mind is the reason why I'm always critical of England NT or Inter, it's never enough. :D
If I was English, I wouldn't be able to accept that you can't win a single big match over all these decades with such ridiculous amount of talent. If it was our situation, heads would literally be rolling. :lol:

And there's always a mentality of playing up or down to opponent's level.

For example, matches like Japan are lads, it's Japan among the population. Even the outcomes are like that, we very rarely batter anyone, except for minnows  in qualifiers.

But then when we're up against big countries, the c*nt mode activates and it's about showing everyone they're wrong.

England fans are seen as arrogant and condescending, but I'd say that 80% of Croatian casual football followers who watch just big games and NT are fully convinced we're a better team than Argentina and will win barring a Messi masterclass.

13 minutes ago, skybluedave said:

Also excuse my ignorance but old Yugoslavia were always decent too. Pre 92 were there a lot of Croatians in those sides? 

Yugoslavian football vas a victim of nations being together in a country they don't want to be in.

If we talk pure talent, Yugoslavia should've won at least one WC or EURO, but team selections were always based on nationality and heavily favored Belgrade clubs.

Throughout 40 or so years, Yugoslavia always had at least a couple of top class players and should've been in top5 European NTs at every tournament.

The league was also strong since players weren't allowed to leave before turning 28. But it was also beyond corrupted.

If you look at the sports now, in general Serbs also have as much success and talent, it's just that they never grew out of Yugoslavian mentality.

Always some kind of internal conflict, tabloids running the team, agents and managers selecting wrong players and they also have the similar condescending mentality, but without turning up when it matters the most.

@Constantine can attest to that more than me, I personally think they should definitely be up there every single tournament and should be better than the likes of Switzerland, Poland and Scandinavians, with all due respect to those.

The talent is there, they just can't grow out of bad mentality.

Edited by GunmaN1905

9 minutes ago, GunmaN1905 said:

The other day I wrote down all the athletes and sports that had big results. There's literally no explanation other than genetics and natural talent. I can't consider anything else.

There's no adequate facilities, not enough big clubs with decent attendance, massive amount of corruption and everything that goes with it, but people somehow keep succeeding.

Nowdays Dinamo is massive and alongside Portugese big3 and Ajax by far the best development of talents, but investments are still nothing compared to big nations.

When it comes to sports, we just want to compete and c*nt mentality definitely helps. :D

Take Japanese for example, they were just happy to be there and were humble and full of respect.

On the other hand, since first EURO in '96 expectations were always massive and we were never happy to be there. Every tournament except for '98 and now '18 was seen as a failure. Regardless of if it was lack of quality, bad luck or whatever, it's always a failure. For years there's valid reason for it, but people were entitled that we should be among the best teams in the world. Even now, most people, including myself think that we should've been playing way better. It's just a state of mind.

That state of mind is the reason why I'm always critical of England NT or Inter, it's never enough. :D
If I was English, I wouldn't be able to accept that you can't win a single big match over all these decades with such ridiculous amount of talent. If it was our situation, heads would literally be rolling. :lol:

And there's always a mentality of playing up or down to opponent's level.

For example, matches like Japan are lads, it's Japan among the population. Even the outcomes are like that, we very rarely batter anyone, except for minnows  in qualifiers.

But then when we're up against big countries, the c*nt mode activates and it's about showing everyone they're wrong.

England fans are seen as arrogant and condescending, but I'd say that 80% of Croatian casual football followers who watch just big games and NT are fully convinced we're a better team than Argentina and will win barring a Messi masterclass.

Yugoslavian football vas a victim of nations being together in a country they don't want to be in.

If we talk pure talent, Yugoslavia should've won at least one WC or EURO, but team selections were always based on nationality and heavily favored Belgrade clubs.

Throughout 40 or so years, Yugoslavia always had at least a couple of top class players and should've been in top5 European NTs at every tournament.

The league was also strong since players weren't allowed to leave before turning 28. But it was also beyond corrupted.

If you look at the sports now, in general Serbs also have as much success and talent, it's just that they never grew out of Yugoslavian mentality.

Always some kind of internal conflict, tabloids running the team, agents and managers selecting wrong players and they also have the similar condescending mentality, but without turning up when it matters the most.

@Constantine can attest to that more than me, I personally think they should definitely be up there every single tournament and should be better than the likes of Switzerland, Poland and Scandinavians, with all due respect to those.

The talent is there, they just can't grow out of bad mentality.

Very interesting, it seems to me like having a huge football culture, even in such a small county, combined with an attitude of "**** off, we'll prove everyone wrong" kind of thing leads to a relative overperformance. And clearly this impacts on other sports too as you mentioned the other day. The genetics side of it is interesting too but I know absolutely nothing on that :D 

6 minutes ago, georginho_juventusygr said:

I'll root for Croatia.

I just read that Orsato is in charge, congrats to Argentina for making the final.

4 minutes ago, Pukey said:

Very interesting, it seems to me like having a huge football culture, even in such a small county, combined with an attitude of "**** off, we'll prove everyone wrong" kind of thing leads to a relative overperformance. And clearly this impacts on other sports too as you mentioned the other day. The genetics side of it is interesting too but I know absolutely nothing on that :D 

The football culture bit is kind of strange. A lot of people play football, follow football, but domestic league attendance is miserable.

I don't know anything about genetics or biology, I just know about the average height thing, but it's irrelevant for football. :lol:

In short, Netherlands is the tallest nation, but average height of Dinaritic region is highest in the world. That would be coastal Croatia, Herzegovina and Montenegro. Hence so many NBA players from the region.

Edited by GunmaN1905

@GunmaN1905I've talked before WC began we're in for a ****show (all that internal fighting over who'll take over our knees-deep-in-corruption FA). I hoped for the best but it ended exactly how I thought it would. Talent is there, obviously but we aren't mentally prepared. You've said it as it is, I agree word for word with your post.

Except for that thing about genetics. I don't think people from our nations anyhow different or more capable than anyone else. It's just that we've been going through some **** for as long as I can remember. Wars, poverty, sanctions, ******, corrupt, shameless governments. Take your average Englishman, drop him in today's Serbia and he'll go mad within a week in our little slice of hell. Having to listen to Vucic's self sacrificing monologues 24/7, been bombarded with all kind of crap, imaginary wars with Croatia, Bosnia, Kosovo (this one is actual right now), having to live on 300-400 euros per month... That kind of **** pushes a person to chase a success in life by any means possible. And sports are basically the easiest way out of this hellhole. It's no wonder Balkan had some of the highest immigration rates in Europe.

5 hours ago, Confused Clarity said:

I think France will win it, but wouldn't be surprised at all if any of the others did.

What I do like is the romanticism around any one of the four sides winning. All four have a genuine feep story around it.

Argentina - Messi winning the World Cup.

France - Deschamps doing the rare back to back.

Morocco - The first African side to win the competition. 

Any one of those would make for a great story in years to come.

Good summary of each...would all be worthy winners.

France most likely to me, but I would like it if it would be Argentina. The crown on Messi's career and the end of the debate who is the GOAT. 

But then, Morroco winning it would be the greatest WC upset of all time and a glorious thing to watch.

However, Croatia winning it would be a fitting reward for all their great football in the last 1500 years. (Them not winning it would be karma for including Vida of course :p )

I really can't choose ^^

I also found it interesting how the ex-Yu football, especially the Croatian one nowdays, develops technically impeccable players yet they're taught from early days to ditch skill moves and excessive dribbling for team play. It's considered useless and you're basically discouraged to do it. One pass makes more useful space then you running with the ball kind of a thing. We had some dribbling legends though, like Prosinečki, but in general it's not that common.

We do have that you're not larger than the team mentality. If you're not fully in, you're thrown out (Rebić, Kalinić, etc).

Whenever I see Argentinians basically crying when Messi has the ball, defending and worshipping him as an religious icon, I can't help but realise how different that is to our football in general. Modrić is considered a legend and our best player of all time, but no one thinks he's almost a religious icon. A few bad games and he's called out. Maybe Hajduk fans have somewhat similar with Livaja nowdays, but also to a lesser degree. A few bad games and he'll be called a fraud like anyone else. In sports, only the absolute top is considered good enough over here.

Croatian NBA legend Toni Kukoč once said, when he used to walk on the streets of Split, he would hear people commenting when passing by that they would win a 1-on-1 against him. And it wasn't a joke. It's a specific mentality that either makes you a Halilović or Modrić, depending on some other stuff. If you don't make it to the top, no one cares about you. 

1 hour ago, GunmaN1905 said:

I just read that Orsato is in charge, congrats to Argentina for making the final.

The football culture bit is kind of strange. A lot of people play football, follow football, but domestic league attendance is miserable.

I don't know anything about genetics or biology, I just know about the average height thing, but it's irrelevant for football. :lol:

In short, Netherlands is the tallest nation, but average height of Dinaritic region is highest in the world. That would be coastal Croatia, Herzegovina and Montenegro. Hence so many NBA players from the region.

Orsato is great, one of the best.

France seems the "safe bet."

The part of me that wanted to see Messi win was overshadowed by Lahoz's handling of their QF match against the Netherlands. As great as Messi is, that Argentinian side isn't very likeable. 

Croatia or Morocco winning would be fantastic. 

Funny to think that there's a really good chance that Mbappe heads to his next world cup in 4 years, as a 27 year old, with 100% World Cup win rate :D 

Anyway, I voted France. The best team left in. I'm French too, so very happy if that happens.

A nice consolation would be Messi's Argentina winning. What a team of fighters, and he's the absolute nuts.

52 minutes ago, VamPook said:

The thought of Cristiano crying even more about it is also amusing

To be fair to him, he has done a lot of cringy things, but dissing Messi has never been one of them. That's purely down to his fanbois. To see them crying and wiggling around to still maintain he is the greatest, would be a great boon to Messi going all the way.