How do I...

8 hours ago, 2feet said:

You have to praise players for good training, otherwise their training will sink back down again, and you've got players who wont play particularly well during a game.

So if you have to do it on a regular basis, then that is a bit 'gamey'.  So then why not make it less fiddly and repetitive for people to do this since they kind of have to?

Maybe but I still stand by my comment

• Replies 881
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, Brother Ben said:

Maybe but I still stand by my comment

If you acknowledge the process is already gamey, then you can't stand by your principle that gameyness is the problem with my suggestion.

My suggestion makes a gamey situation less gamey.

2 hours ago, 2feet said:

If you acknowledge the process is already gamey, then you can't stand by your principle that gameyness is the problem with my suggestion.

My suggestion makes a gamey situation less gamey.

My assertion was that people would less likely game the system if they have to put more effort in.  Hence why i'm against blanket praising players.  It then becomes a morale boost button for everyone all at once.  You are less likely to do it if it becomes a pain in the arse.  Like it would be for a real manager calling every player into his office.

Maybe add a blanket praise button but make it less effective? 

Ah I see what you mean by gamey now.

Well a manager in real life would not call each player into his office separately to praise their training, that would be a complete waste of time for him.

He would praise them in a bunch at the training ground all at the same time.

Besides, you can send multiple players to have a rest period all together at the same time, so should this be changed so you can only send them on a rest period individually?

I take your point about gaming the system, but I dont think it applies in this case. There's a difference between gaming the system, and the UI having issues that create unnecessary repetition.

And as I said, it doesn't even reflect what would occur in real life anyway.

1 hour ago, Brother Ben said:

My assertion was that people would less likely game the system if they have to put more effort in.  Hence why i'm against blanket praising players.  It then becomes a morale boost button for everyone all at once.  You are less likely to do it if it becomes a pain in the arse.  Like it would be for a real manager calling every player into his office.

Maybe add a blanket praise button but make it less effective? 

Ah I see what you mean by gamey now.

Well a manager in real life would not call each player into his office separately to praise their training, that would be a complete waste of time for him.

He would praise them in a bunch at the training ground all at the same time.

Besides, you can send multiple players to have a rest period all together at the same time, so should this be changed so you can only send them on a rest period individually?

I take your point about gaming the system, but I dont think it applies in this case. There's a difference between gaming the system, and the UI having issues that create unnecessary repetition.

And as I said, it doesn't even reflect what would occur in real life anyway.

How do I see a list of all players in my organization and be able to sort them by squad (Sr., U23, U18)? I know I can filter them by squad, but that removes the filtered players from view and that's not what I'm after. I've been trying this in the Squad view, but maybe there's another menu somewhere else that does this?

Hi everybody,

Not exactly a "how to do" thing", but kinda similar. Anyone knows what's the time span of banned transfers when you chose that option ar the beggining of the save? It lasts until the winter or it is possible to sign free players after the summer window??

Thanks all!!

16 hours ago, Micho21 said:

Hi everybody,

Not exactly a "how to do" thing", but kinda similar. Anyone knows what's the time span of banned transfers when you chose that option ar the beggining of the save? It lasts until the winter or it is possible to sign free players after the summer window??

Thanks all!!

It's until the next transfer window so if you start in one of the more typical summer starts, you get funds come the winter window.

6 hours ago, santy001 said:

What scouting range do you have @Dreambuilder? It might be you're limited to a certain region geographically, tends to happen a lot with less wealthy clubs.

Thanks for your reply @santy001 ❤️ It turned out that it’s a bug first day of new saves. Roll the game a day and problem solved. The bug remains for new saves tho when you setup scouts. 

After setting up an advanced database (selecting countries, start date) and stuff I didn't chose a team straight away. I always like to chose my team after selecting my manager profile. But in FM23 I always start unemployed. How do I get to the team selection screen where I can click on each team to see the squad, the media prediction etc.

So far I have worked around to add another manager. After choosing his profile I get to the right team selection screen.

I am back to the game after a break but I thought you could always chose your team after selecting the manager profile.

7 minutes ago, Matt_1979 said:

Is there a way to set fixed opposition instructions?

i.e. If I want to always press fullbacks or wingbacks?

Gets annoying setting the same instructions each game. 

set it up per position on the tactic page before a match so all you have to do is select all players and just turn the position toggle on 

So when I create a manager, is it possible to give myself a nickname? Like many Brazilians for example do IRL? Tite comes to mind.. I know that I can give players nicknames, but can I do that with my own name as well?

Edited by SC00P0NE

3 hours ago, SC00P0NE said:

So when I create a manager, is it possible to give myself a nickname? Like many Brazilians for example do IRL? Tite comes to mind.. I know that I can give players nicknames, but can I do that with my own name as well?

I'm on FM21 but things should be the same. Just right click your name and the nickname function is in miscellaneous.

Edited by phnompenhandy

1 minute ago, Hovis Dexter said:

How do I mark one or more players on the pitch during a match so that I follow their movements? I'm sure I used to be able to do this but can't work out the method.

Click on them during the match?

@axehan1 and @Johnny Ace Thank you both ... Crt and click worked for me

EDIT so did just clicking

EDIT EDIT I think that I've worked it out. Clicking on a player selects that player but if you want to select multiple players Crt and click is the way to go.

Edited by Hovis Dexter

1 hour ago, Hovis Dexter said:

EDIT EDIT I think that I've worked it out. Clicking on a player selects that player but if you want to select multiple players Crt and click is the way to go.

I never knew the CTRL bit :thup:

How do you remove a scout assignment?

I’ve got two of my three scouts analysing my next opposition.

Can’t for the life of me work out how to take one of them off that assignment?

On FM23 btw

Thanks in advance!!

I did search the forum and it seems there is a related bug….but I’m not sure if they have the option and it doesn’t work, whereas for me it’s that I just can’t find the option at all

Hi all, 

haven't played since fm20 and now struggling a bit with fm23. 

In tactics, how can i directly see on the field on the left, how much of a good fit the player is on the position?
The circle actually next to the players position which is fully green (if fully applicable), or half yellow, or red (if not a match at all). 
I don't like the Analysis button... i'm looking something exactly like fm20 in the below image.

FM20:

image.png.8a6ff624e183fe7fbadcaf1fe8ef5543.png

FM23:
image.png.043ad42be0a6e57a6f3dc6d5be9ce3d6.png

32 minutes ago, satafaka said:

Hi all, 

haven't played since fm20 and now struggling a bit with fm23. 

In tactics, how can i directly see on the field on the left, how much of a good fit the player is on the position?
The circle actually next to the players position which is fully green (if fully applicable), or half yellow, or red (if not a match at all). 
I don't like the Analysis button... i'm looking something exactly like fm20 in the below image.

FM20:

image.png.8a6ff624e183fe7fbadcaf1fe8ef5543.png

FM23:
image.png.043ad42be0a6e57a6f3dc6d5be9ce3d6.png

I believe they were removed due to being misleading. If I remember rightly they didn't necessarily reflect the attributes required for the role, and how effectively the player could fill it. (Happy to be corrected if my memory is faulty though). 

20 hours ago, Firthy49 said:

Hi All,

Not quite sure if this is the best place for this question but thought I'd start here.

I've downloaded and installed the Zealand skin however attributes aren't showing on the scout reports in my inbox, how do I get these to show?

1539588269_Screenshot2022-11-10at22_19_17.thumb.png.62c10c82771ab34c8415b17bc5011efe.png

If you have issues with a custom skin, you will have to ask the creator.

Where do I check my progress in the required amount of playing time? I believe it was mentioned in the feature reveal video that it would be possible to check this.

I'm talking about this:

image.png.5c58afdb43d3d8c2df761c6e4a581dcb.png

I get an email once a month but I'd like to be able to check this at any point.