How do I...

I don't know if I'm just being an idiot, but in FM22 there was a setting to automatically make members of the first team squad who were not match fit available for U21 matches. I can't seem to find it this year and I keep for getting to manually make players available!

• Replies 864
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

20 minutes ago, Aandy said:

I don't know if I'm just being an idiot, but in FM22 there was a setting to automatically make members of the first team squad who were not match fit available for U21 matches. I can't seem to find it this year and I keep for getting to manually make players available!

Staff -> Responsibiilties -> Match

There you can tick off the box for "Automatically make unfit first team players available for this team" for your reserves or U19s or whatever team you have and want.

How do you stop scouting players at International level?

A 16yo appeared who had multiple countries he was eligible for, so i scouted him to see if it was worth sneaking in early, but i now get never ending reports about his every match.

Theres no mention of him being a scouting assignment anywhere to remove it.

Hi all, recently I am getting a lot of scouting cards in my inbox for players that are still being scouted. It makes me having to go through many reports twice or more. I would only like to see the ones that are completed. Any idea if this is a setting somewhere? 

As you can see below, 'scouting in progress':

image.thumb.png.1512beb8d5152901a599b70f8d555e4a.png

These are my settings (really not sure what to make of it tbh): 

image.thumb.png.adfc6ed28d340e79d727139fa6ea5a1e.png

Edited by GianniM

Hi, thanks for this thread ... how do I edit the text commentary please? For example, the commentary will say "Rice scores for West Ham United Football Club." Then follow up with "Rice runs over to the West Ham United Football Club supporters."

That's a bit hectic, be much better is it just said West Ham without the Football Club bit.

Any advice please?

Thanks in advance.

18 hours ago, Delmeister said:

Hi, thanks for this thread ... how do I edit the text commentary please? For example, the commentary will say "Rice scores for West Ham United Football Club." Then follow up with "Rice runs over to the West Ham United Football Club supporters."

That's a bit hectic, be much better is it just said West Ham without the Football Club bit.

Any advice please?

Thanks in advance.

I think this is editable in the editor if you have that. Not sure if you can do it in the game itself. 

23 hours ago, GianniM said:

I think this is editable in the editor if you have that. Not sure if you can do it in the game itself. 

Hi G

Thanks for the reply. In the pre-game editor you can change team names, e.g. AFC Bournemouth to Bournemouth and it shows up fine in the game if you look at the league tables. However, the match commentary still adds Football Club behind every team name, as if to remind us we're playing a football game. 

When you go to the club screen, it shows full club name with football club added. This seems to be embedded, and this is where the commentary gets the club name from.

There must be a way to change this, surely?

Anyone?

Thanks

FM23a.PNG

FM23b.PNG

FM23c.PNG

20 hours ago, Delmeister said:

Hi G

Thanks for the reply. In the pre-game editor you can change team names, e.g. AFC Bournemouth to Bournemouth and it shows up fine in the game if you look at the league tables. However, the match commentary still adds Football Club behind every team name, as if to remind us we're playing a football game. 

When you go to the club screen, it shows full club name with football club added. This seems to be embedded, and this is where the commentary gets the club name from.

There must be a way to change this, surely?

Anyone?

Thanks

FM23a.PNG

FM23b.PNG

FM23c.PNG

You could create a Inc-file where you change the names of the clubs you want. Chang the name or shortname as you'd like by doing this:

"CLUB_NAME_CHANGE"	618	"Brighton & Hove Albion"	""
"CLUB_SHORT_NAME_CHANGE"	618	"Brighton"	""

That will change it everywhere I think.

image.png.46b21ea08c3c7c9624538618b9de45c1.png

Also, if you have a file that changes names (since you have "Premier League" for the competition) it could be in there already. If you have that kind of file, that will OVERRIDE whatever you do in the editor...

On 16/11/2022 at 22:01, Maurinho said:

Where do I see how a player has performed in a specific role / duty? I mean something like this:

In your tactics screen, go to a player's individual settings. When editing the player's instructions there's a pop up modal that shows this in the bottom right corner.

29 minutos atrás, XaW disse:

Do you have the scouting range to scout regions?

Where do I see that? I can't upgrade the range.

The most odd thing is that my Chief scout put a scouting assignment on Uruguay, but I can't unless I use the most recent option.

Edited by Razor940

8 minutes ago, Razor940 said:

Where do I see that? I can't upgrade the range.

The most odd thing is that my Chief scout put a scouting assignment on Uruguay, but I can't unless I use the most recent option.

Scouting -> Players, there you can see the scouting range you are paying for.

9 minutos atrás, XaW disse:

Scouting -> Players, there you can see the scouting range you are paying for.

Oh that, I had it set for Europe and I still couldn't click on the continent option in the Area setting of the assignment.

On 18/11/2022 at 08:22, XaW said:

You could create a Inc-file where you change the names of the clubs you want. Chang the name or shortname as you'd like by doing this:

Also, if you have a file that changes names (since you have "Premier League" for the competition) it could be in there already. If you have that kind of file, that will OVERRIDE whatever you do in the editor...

Thanks so much X. That worked superbly, very much appreciated.

FM23, how to I send scouts to actually build knowledge in countries?

I'm sending scouts out with exceptional attributes in adaptability, determination, JPA, JPP etc.
They are going to new countries, or countries that they have low levels of knowledge. And they are finding... nothing. No recommendations. No reports. No knowledge building.

I've tried changing the assignment in every way I can think of and I still can't understand how to resolve the issue.
There are clearly players who exist in these countries. I can manually scout them. But my scouts seem to be just sitting around when assigned to these countries.

On 18/11/2022 at 08:22, XaW said:

Well, jumped the gun there ... so I did as you said, started a new game and it worked ... the Football Club at the end of team names disappeared and everything seemed fine ... however, when I returned to the saved game, the dang Football Club was back!!! So it seems to work until you quit FM23 and then return to the saved game. This is so annoying because the match commentary only uses the full club names, e.g. Wolverhampton Wanderers Football Club rather than Wolves ... I've implemented things like the FMScout Real Names Fix and FM Insider Fix as well, but no joy on fixing the Football Club issue and only using full names in the commentary ... surely there is a way to fix this?

Thanks for helping so far.

10 minutes ago, Delmeister said:

Well, jumped the gun there ... so I did as you said, started a new game and it worked ... the Football Club at the end of team names disappeared and everything seemed fine ... however, when I returned to the saved game, the dang Football Club was back!!! So it seems to work until you quit FM23 and then return to the saved game. This is so annoying because the match commentary only uses the full club names, e.g. Wolverhampton Wanderers Football Club rather than Wolves ... I've implemented things like the FMScout Real Names Fix and FM Insider Fix as well, but no joy on fixing the Football Club issue and only using full names in the commentary ... surely there is a way to fix this?

Thanks for helping so far.

I can't really discuss things that circumvent licences here as it's not allowed, but make sure that the same club isn't in several files as that can screw things up.

8 hours ago, Pomo said:

Can I filter players available for a loan but only showing those for whom their team doesn't ask any salary contribution or a certain % of salary contribution? Would be very useful

It’s not possible … I imagine that IRL the requirement for remuneration from the parent club depends on the status of the borrowing club. If the proposed loan is in line with the parent club’s requirements for the player’s development then the demanded remuneration would be less that it would be if the parent club was not convinced that the loan would be good for the player. 

On 21/11/2022 at 10:03, XaW said:

I can't really discuss things that circumvent licences here as it's not allowed, but make sure that the same club isn't in several files as that can screw things up.

I understand, but having football club behind every team name surely isn't a license issue? not had this with previous versions, must be a way to fix this. Thanks for helping, appreciate it. And thanks for the licensing heads up, got it.

Edited by Delmeister

15 hours ago, Ron Wandle said:

Is there a way of seeing a list of players one has manually asked one's scout to scout? 

I'd like to know how big my scouting backlog is.

I don't know if you can find the players that you've manually selected but you can see the backlog if you go to Scouting>>Recruitment Focus>>Scout Priorities.

On 26/11/2022 at 12:53, Hovis Dexter said:

I don't know if you can find the players that you've manually selected but you can see the backlog if you go to Scouting>>Recruitment Focus>>Scout Priorities.

This. Also you can make a shortlist and shorten it, when players reveal as uninteresting.

Filtering the scouting prio and deleting those, can be done from inside the scouting prio. 

3 minutes ago, Walshydart1970 said:

Does anybody know if there is a way to remove all the faceinthegame regens (regens that are named after the developers of FM and come through every save) because i think there are way too many this year and it makes the game too easy, thanks.

Preferences > Interface > Show pictures of players (and staff) who have been generated by the game

7 minutes ago, fc.cadoni said:

Preferences > Interface > Show pictures of players (and staff) who have been generated by the game

No sorry i mean there are loads of regens this year who come through one every save and are actually people who work for sports interactive. They all come up if you search face in the game in the searchbar. It also includes competition winners who win a spot as a football manager regen. One example is andy harwood whos a swedish left back who always supports spurs on it. Im looking to remove all these players. I dont mean all regens, just ones who pop up in every single save the exact same. There used to be a way of removing the by removing a certain file.

1 hour ago, SC00P0NE said:

Is it possible to use the editor (not the in-game one) to alter the current amount of allowed coaches of a club?

You can put in however many you like, using the editor. When the game fires up, the board might advise you to reduce them, but you can ignore that. Just can't hire any more.

does this fix from the last patch applies only to new saves ?

-         Improvements to scheduling in English top flight and less fixture congestion

i know that changes to Competitions and Rulegroups*: have this comment *For competition specific changes to take effect a new game may be required.

but the may makes me wonder if it works on older saves or not.

I noticed that on the overview screen during a match, that there seems to be some sort of continue game time-out whenever I dabble with re-arranging what's on the screen. Is there an option I am missing here?
The other thing I noticed and it seemed to be a one-off glitch, is that I could not watch any of my game when looking at the overview screen. I could see that the game continued and goals being scored, but I could not watch the actual game! Has happened only once thankfully.

How do I get more NTs without having a bunch of leagues loaded? I play on my Steam Deck so I'm trying to avoid having a bunch of leagues loaded to cut down on processing time, but I would also like to take control of some smaller nations in international play. 

6 hours ago, casualassassin said:

How do I get more NTs without having a bunch of leagues loaded? I play on my Steam Deck so I'm trying to avoid having a bunch of leagues loaded to cut down on processing time, but I would also like to take control of some smaller nations in international play. 

By selecting a big pool of players when you load up save. If you head into custom database and select "load all international players" from all continents you will have full international squads for all nations even without loading leagues. If you want even more, then add "players from clubs in continental competitions".

Hi! I'm writting here, cause it is actual topic :D My antivirus has detected I have four files Visual C++ Redistributable (2012 and 2013) out of date. I play in Football Manager 2016. I've heard that it can have bad influence on FM's working, but doesn't have to. Is it true? How is about you?