How do I...

21 hours ago, santy001 said:

The bandicam footage has been included in the thread which is available to QA/Devs working on that issue. Threads can have hidden posts/visible only to users with certain permissions. 

Ultimately there isn't going to be a reliable way through which prior to patch releases bug fixes can be guaranteed. The nature of games is once you get it in the vast number of players hands they might find the issue happens another way. 

Bugs will have to be prioritised some way, and I imagine that is very much subject to change (for example a showstopper, legitimate gamebreaking bug that crashes the game would be a high priority to fix - unless its perhaps incredibly obscure) so there won't be the information people perhaps want provided because it could be true at the time and a couple days later be a vastly different situation.

There aren't any more planned updates for this version of FM though. While it's never going to be good to hear the impact its had on your save, hopefully that kind of information leaves you in an informed enough position to decide if you want to perhaps start another save. 

So from your response I take it that FM shouldn't consider those who pay for the game as customer's cause I am at a loss with your comments 

• Replies 864
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If that's your takeaway then I apologise for the misunderstanding. My aim is to just share some of the knowledge I have as prior experiences allow me to offer an informed insight. 

You've done everything bang on in that thread, taken it from the point the OP had made which wasn't especially clear to the under review stage its now at with the recording and posts you provided. That's solely on you, without your contributions that issue would've been left for QA to try and reproduce internally without anywhere near as good an understanding. That is something that is hugely appreciated by SI and the kind of thing we as moderators will always encourage any poster to do with an issue they experience.

The set-up is to effectively and efficiently get issues categorised correctly, with the right team within SI and get them being worked on. On one hand I absolutely can see the point in that it's a positive feeling to get some further feedback after that point, but if its still being worked on then there isn't much to really share. 

It just isn't a straight forward process and its far more disingenuous to promise it will be fixed in the next update or at XYZ point blindly and then fail to deliver on that because of something unforeseen or unexpected arising.

On 19/04/2022 at 03:14, glenjamin said:

How do I turn off advice from my assistant manager during matches? Every single game I'm advised to 'play for set pieces' which I duly click 'Always Ignore', only to be hounded by it the very next game as well as countless useless advice. 

Bumped as this feature is driving me mad. 

How do I amend my managers attributes once Ive begun a game?

I gave him too high a score in Motivating and now every team talk I give my players respond like disciples and Im the second coming or something.

Is it possible without having to start a brand new game again?

10 hours ago, 2feet said:

How do I amend my managers attributes once Ive begun a game?

I gave him too high a score in Motivating and now every team talk I give my players respond like disciples and Im the second coming or something.

Is it possible without having to start a brand new game again?

Outside of the editor I don't believe it is possible. 

23 minutes ago, Bobbybarks said:

I came across a screen that showed me future installments i still needed to pay on transfers.  It named the players and the date these needed paying.  Now I can't find it. Any clues?

Was it the one below? This is found by going to Transfers and then Clauses:

54dad063477896d94f1da1f58bf91471.png

11 minutes ago, Draakon said:

How to I make those neat 2D videos of gameplay/goals that some fellow players are posting in these forums? Is there a special program for that?

I've used ScreenToGIF and then uploaded to imgur, but I know others are using OBS or other capture programs. Both of those are free, so I'd suggest try both and see which fits you best. There are probably a lot of programs you can pay for as well, but not sure that's worth it to create some small FM clips...

3 hours ago, Draakon said:

How to I make those neat 2D videos of gameplay/goals that some fellow players are posting in these forums? Is there a special program for that?

I use ShareX which is free as well and you can do a lot with that 

On 30/04/2022 at 14:30, isignedupfornorealreason said:

How do I take over confirmation of transfers?

I have all transfer options in my control, yet my Loan Manager is reporting that the club is finalising the transfers without letting me confirm whether I'm happy for them to go through?

Staff - Responsibilities - Transfers

Should show you who's in charge of what 

59 minutes ago, Grumblewatcher said:

Simple question, but I can't find it... how do I change the scouting recommendation display from A-, B, C to numbers (90, 80, etc)?

spacer.png

You can’t unless maybe with a custom skin 

Edited by DarJ

• 5 weeks later...

How Do I get my striker to do more 'dink' finishes?

Is this to do with the trait 'Likes to Lob Keeper' or is that something different?

He dinks occasionally at the moment and he's very effective at it so Id like him to do it more.

He has finishing 15, composure 14, flair 17, technique 13, decisions 12

On 10/06/2022 at 15:10, Broetchenholer said:

How do i set the polaying time promise of my goal keeper to squad player or regular starter? Someone mentioned that's possible and they can definetely request important player, but apart from that i can't see an option.

Go to your player, then Overview > Happiness. Next to their "Agreed Playing Time" is a Change button.

How to ask board for a Reserve/B Team? I know where the option should be in the game... But what are the requirements to get that option available? Could I get that option if I'm playing with updated database where I have activated all the tiers in my league system (no relegation places in the last league)?

22 hours ago, santy001 said:

You can set the formation in the development section I think from one of the drop down options. I don't recall which unfortunately. 

Thanks, but I can't find it anywhere on dev centre. Looked through responsibilities but can't see it there either..

6 hours ago, Josh2006 said:

How do I watch more than one game a day 

You can't watch live two games when they are held at the same time. You can rewatch the other game later, though, if you want to. 

8 hours ago, StozzleB said:

Thanks, but I can't find it anywhere on dev centre. Looked through responsibilities but can't see it there either..

ec18157f6cd20e97edd57c75c88cf060.png

d4af24f6c16d4d5c8a3db8b9f51b7355.png

This is from the Overview page for my Under 18's. The same is true for the AC II squad and St Andra/WAC squad.

I have been playing FM for quite a while now but for the life of me I can work how to register my youth players in the Icelandic league under 19s league. It is causing problems as you youth players are playing no football. If I click on the UNA label I see the player attributes page.  I searched the forum and came up with nothing. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I am close to scraping this save due to this issue/my stupidity.

Screenshot 2022-06-16 at 20.08.41.png

Edited by morphey
some clarification on what league and what happens if I click on the UNA button

For reference for anyone else, I had to send the players back to the first team and then send them back to the under 19s, what helps was the hover information. There wasn't a loan end in the contract sections so who knows.

Screenshot 2022-06-16 at 20.14.57.png

On 13/06/2022 at 08:15, santy001 said:

ec18157f6cd20e97edd57c75c88cf060.png

d4af24f6c16d4d5c8a3db8b9f51b7355.png

This is from the Overview page for my Under 18's. The same is true for the AC II squad and St Andra/WAC squad.

Strange. Mine doesn't look like that! Do I need to set certain  reaponsibilties beforehand to select that perhaps.

How do i not make the financial mistake of trying to bind my wonderkid star player to the club by offering him a new contract? He is happy here, he would love to go to a bigger club though. He is only silightly interested in negotiating a new deal. I don't need him, i have two young players that are slightly less good, but still good enough to play at the level i am at and improve. I don't need the 120-140m i wióuld get for that 20 year old and i don't have players i would sign with that money. But my man would want  ~10 million to take a new contract, which i have, and then i would still not have a guarantee to keep him long term. But, i really want to keep him.

Usually the option to postpone a game comes via new items. I don't know for sure that it is always offered though, I've usually seen it more in lower leagues when you have a large number of internationals, rather than at the level you're playing at. Maybe someone else knows a bit more on this one.

Hi guys. I'm playing with Real Sociedad in the Spanish league. Every matchday, with every match starting at a different hour, takes a heavy toll in my laptop... it looks like a rocket before taking off. Does anybody know if there's a way to change the matches' starting time? Maybe making it to be similar to the Premier League, with more matches at the same hour.

20 hours ago, rfelix94 said:

Hi guys. I'm playing with Real Sociedad in the Spanish league. Every matchday, with every match starting at a different hour, takes a heavy toll in my laptop... it looks like a rocket before taking off. Does anybody know if there's a way to change the matches' starting time? Maybe making it to be similar to the Premier League, with more matches at the same hour.

Go to preferences, search Match in the menu at the top and you have a few options within Match Scheduling Option.

851b366051c55bf02816ba3e9eb41efe.png

Personally I opt for Saturday/Wednesday match days as it keeps the European competitions on the same days too.

4 horas atrás, santy001 disse:

Go to preferences, search Match in the menu at the top and you have a few options within Match Scheduling Option.

851b366051c55bf02816ba3e9eb41efe.png

Personally I opt for Saturday/Wednesday match days as it keeps the European competitions on the same days too.

Great, man. Thank you very much!

I spend considerable amount of time loading a training schedule for  my Senior and Youth teams. Is there a way for me to save the monthly training schedule that I have set up for the full season. To clarify I don't want to save the actual routines but the month(s) that I have populated with the weekly routines. I want to avoid   setting up the same monthly training if I start a new save. Hope that makes sense.

On 28/06/2022 at 00:16, rfelix94 said:

Great, man. Thank you very much!

It won't kick in until next season, in case you think it isn't working.  It's a great little hack though and matches are still on TV so you won't lose out on revenue.

• 2 weeks later...

How do I remove a player from the transfer list, when they are out on loan?

My player has six months to go, but refuses to sign a new contract because hes on the transfer list.

I want to take him off the transfer list so I can extend his contract, but I cant see how to do it without recalling him from the loan.

Edited by 2feet

How di I create a short term focus for scouting?

I have control of the scouting assignments, but I cant see any option for short term focus.

I swear I saw the option under the Shortlist menu, but then I went back to that page later, and it wasnt there anymore.

• 2 weeks later...

When assigning a scout, you have the option to assign them to scout a youth level league (U18 in this case for me), but I continuously get 0 results from scouts when I assign them to do this. How do I get them to actually scout those leagues and consistently return results other than manually assigning them to scout youth players?

I'm guessing it has to do with the fact that youth team appearances only result in the player participating in a "friendly" rather than league appearance, or at least it labels those youth league matches as "non-competitive" in the player's stat profile.

This glitch is annoying af, and I've had it happen on FM 2020 and FM 2021 before as well.