How do I...

Maybe you've seen some interesting screen or information in a Youtube video and you can't find it, or perhaps you're the one returning after a few editions out and can't find where to set player mentoring. It's not really for long form tactical guidance but rather a chance to help maximise accessing the information you can draw upon in-game. Feel free to ask any questions you have or even to just share a useful tidbit you've come across.

- - - - - -

If an area/screen appears to be working incorrectly please log it in the Bug Tracker: https://community.sigames.com/bugtracker/

If it turns out it doesn't exist and you think it should, then let us know with a Feature Request: Football Manager Feature Requests - Sports Interactive Community (sigames.com)

• Replies 864
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In "player search", I can see a scouts recommendation for signing a player. However, when you click through to the Overview for the player, this is often different as on this page it accounts for the data analyst input etc. Is there a way to get this "overall" rating as a column on the player search?

Having had a look at the information on the Overview for reports which combines everything it does paint a bit of a different picture with some players. Maybe someone else knows of the way to get it to show but does seem like it could be something for a feature request.

Can asking an agent about a player's price have any negative impact on the negotiation (greater interest - greater price)? I am asking because I sent an assistant (with good attributes) to scout a footballer and in terms of the agent's price he made a mistake by over 100 millions Euro ... 205 vs 70 mln

Edited by henry80

That could be a potential bug depending on the dates these events happened on @henry80 it could also just be your scout misjudging it. There's a lot of variables that go into it and clubs can quite quickly change their mind on how much they value a player as well. 

4 hours ago, santy001 said:

That could be a potential bug depending on the dates these events happened on @henry80 it could also just be your scout misjudging it. There's a lot of variables that go into it and clubs can quite quickly change their mind on how much they value a player as well. 

Ok but my question is:  "Can asking an agent about a player's price have any negative impact on the negotiation (greater interest - greater price)?"

Is there anything that could be negative in this case? Is it worth asking the agent every time?

3 hours ago, henry80 said:

Ok but my question is:  "Can asking an agent about a player's price have any negative impact on the negotiation (greater interest - greater price)?"

Is there anything that could be negative in this case? Is it worth asking the agent every time?

One problem I see is that if the agent mentions any specific conditions then these conditions become non negotiable when you offer the player a contract.

Hi, is there a way for me to save an online game so I can play it by myself? I play it with my friend but due to different work schedules we thought could play on our own now (after a few seasons). Is there a way I can do this? Cheers

23 hours ago, djcymru said:

I can’t find the NxGn top 50 in the world drop down menus, anyone know where to find them?

If typing "nxgn" in the search bar top of the screen doesn't work, then click the globe > World > Awards > Award Winners > drop down menu underneath select NxGn.

On 23/12/2021 at 14:07, Daz2205 said:

If typing "nxgn" in the search bar top of the screen doesn't work, then click the globe > World > Awards > Award Winners > drop down menu underneath select NxGn.

This only gives you the winners (top 3) per year, not the top 50. 

On 25/12/2021 at 14:07, Mr U Rosler said:

Remove someone from transfer list. 

Took over team with players listed by previous manager. Unable to remove them, even after 2 years. 

Click on a player and then click on the 'Transfer' tab and then change their transfer status

7 hours ago, Platinum said:

Click on a player and then click on the 'Transfer' tab and then change their transfer status

Unless of course they are transfer listed by request, then you have to wait for them to request themselves to come off the list.

5 minutes ago, Booplayer said:

Hello!
It seems meaningless but believe me, I can't find how to avoid 'automatic' player's sustitutions during a match. It happened 3 times already and I can't find how to turn it off.

I'm new in Fotball Manager universe. Any suggestion?  
Thank you!

It should be because of match plans. So make sure you don't have any match plans that includes subs.

10 minutes ago, Renyy said:

And how do I include subs? Because I've been wanting that as a feature of match plans since it came out and still haven't found it, but my assman will make random subs I didn't tell him to. 

I don't use much match plans myself, so I'm not overly familiar with the use, sorry.

• SI Staff
On 25/12/2021 at 14:07, Mr U Rosler said:

Remove someone from transfer list. 

Took over team with players listed by previous manager. Unable to remove them, even after 2 years. 

Sounds like this could be a bug if it's just not letting you remove them. Potentially some kind of promise the AI had with the player before your arrival? Is there any indication he's unhappy to sign a new contract for a specific reason?

8 hours ago, brookie1402 said:

How do I view previous conversations I have had with my players? I'm sure this was possible in previous versions of the game.

This was removed in FM21, IIRC. I can't remember why and I must say that I do miss it.

Anyone have experience managing an MLS club? I started a save managing the Revolution on FM22. They have three designated players (Gil, Bou, Buksa) who are all “non-young DPs.” In real life MLS, clubs can purchase a third (non-young) DP spot from the league using $150,000 of general allocation money, which the real-life Revs have done. Does anyone know how you purchase the third DP spot in FM22, so you can register three “non-young DPs?” It keeps telling me I’ll have to let one go prior to registering my team because I’ll be over the max of two. 

• Administrators
On 30/12/2021 at 05:16, HUNT3R said:

This was removed in FM21, IIRC. I can't remember why and I must say that I do miss it.

Believe given the amount of memory storing it was taking up compared to the end user benefit (so among other things, game speed) a decision was taken to remove it.  

• Administrators
On 27/12/2021 at 13:44, fc.cadoni said:

I am trying to find how to assign a scout to scout this area (key players); instead clicking one by one.

Any help appreciated!

There isn't current functionality to do so that I'm aware of. May be worth flagging as an option via the Feature Request forums. 

14 hours ago, Neil Brock said:

Believe given the amount of memory storing it was taking up compared to the end user benefit (so among other things, game speed) a decision was taken to remove it.  

I often wonder how this sort of memory storing and processing can be solved to benefit the game . There are huge games out there that don't have an issue . Total War games for example have huge armies that play fine on moderate computers. Sometime in the future you will have to cut ties with customers with older computers for the sake of the game because it seems we are losing one feature for the sake of another in a balancing act for using the game . Your thoughts would be appreciated.  Cheers and Happy New Year

Would like to know how to use the All Star Team rules as i have never got this to work properly . I get it to work but it always generated players for the all stars rather than using existing ones 

15 hours ago, prot651 said:

I often wonder how this sort of memory storing and processing can be solved to benefit the game . There are huge games out there that don't have an issue . Total War games for example have huge armies that play fine on moderate computers. Sometime in the future you will have to cut ties with customers with older computers for the sake of the game because it seems we are losing one feature for the sake of another in a balancing act for using the game . Your thoughts would be appreciated.  Cheers and Happy New Year

Quite agree with you about older computers if they concentrate on better computers SI may be able to bring the graphics up to speed

How can I request analyst reports on specific players? There is an area for analyst priorities, but it is always empty. I can ask Scouts to look at players and you can even ask coaches to scout players, but recruitment analysts seem to just make up their own mind who they want to provide reports on.

12 hours ago, Tony Wright 747 said:

Quite agree with you about older computers if they concentrate on better computers SI may be able to bring the graphics up to speed

I feel pretty confident in saying that most FM players aren't gamers and as a result don't have top of the line gaming rigs, and I am almost certain that SI base their decisions on statistics showing exactly that.

I get that it might be frustrating for the small subset of FM players who do have high-end desktops and not five-year old laptops, but SI need to make games for the computers most of their customers have.

pre-game editor?

I'm trying to figure it out to fix some history on certain clubs, especially one I want to use... but the club isn't in the database.

So I go in and do a search of clubs for instance... and like Notts County isn't listed... so I can't fix their history.

Am I doing something wrong, it doesn't make sense that they're in the game but not in the database where I can fix their team history.

In fact there are quite a few teams that don't seem to be listed.

5 hours ago, Blarney said:

pre-game editor?

I'm trying to figure it out to fix some history on certain clubs, especially one I want to use... but the club isn't in the database.

So I go in and do a search of clubs for instance... and like Notts County isn't listed... so I can't fix their history.

Am I doing something wrong, it doesn't make sense that they're in the game but not in the database where I can fix their team history.

In fact there are quite a few teams that don't seem to be listed.

Don't know how you are searching, but all clubs should be there if you search for them.

q7xGGUD.png

Hi All,

Happy New Year.

Not been around these parts for awhile.  I have started a save with FM22, as usual with Northampton Town, in FM21 they had an U23 team already in place, although I only ever got them into friendlies.  I could do with the same again, but cannot see how to add an U23's.  Can anyone shed some light please.

thanks

1 minute ago, DeuceUK said:

Hi All,

Happy New Year.

Not been around these parts for awhile.  I have started a save with FM22, as usual with Northampton Town, in FM21 they had an U23 team already in place, although I only ever got them into friendlies.  I could do with the same again, but cannot see how to add an U23's.  Can anyone shed some light please.

thanks

Happy new year!

You can often ask the board for it, but they might not allow it. When/if you reach the PL, you often get one automatically to join the EFL Trophy (JPT).

13 minutes ago, XaW said:

Happy new year!

You can often ask the board for it, but they might not allow it. When/if you reach the PL, you often get one automatically to join the EFL Trophy (JPT).

OK.  Not a request I can make at the moment.  Thanks for your help.

16 minutes ago, Nessaja Wolf said:

I'm sure on FM21/FM20 you could view the 'Key Player' and 'Hot Prospect' for each club on the club information screen - seems to have gone now? is there any way to view this?

It is in "Club info" -> General in the base skin. If you are using a skin, then perhaps the skin creator has removed it.

1 hour ago, XaW said:

Don't know how you are searching, but all clubs should be there if you search for them.

q7xGGUD.png

That is very strange because when I looked earlier I could not find them.  I must have done something wrong and will try again later.  Cheers. 

10 hours ago, isildrae said:

How can I request analyst reports on specific players? There is an area for analyst priorities, but it is always empty. I can ask Scouts to look at players and you can even ask coaches to scout players, but recruitment analysts seem to just make up their own mind who they want to provide reports on.

Not too sure about specific players but in the priority if you set stats you're after then the analysts should begin searching for those. It would make sense that its not particularly player based in my mind at least because you're asking them to identify players who meet certain data points.

11 hours ago, isildrae said:

27 minutes ago, santy001 said:

Not too sure about specific players but in the priority if you set stats you're after then the analysts should begin searching for those. It would make sense that its not particularly player based in my mind at least because you're asking them to identify players who meet certain data points.

I'm sure that in FM20 and FM21 you used to be able to select a player or group of players and request an analyst report via the right mouse menu but this option seems to have been removed in FM22 ... no idea why ... it seems a retrograde step.

1 hour ago, Hovis Dexter said:

I'm sure that in FM20 and FM21 you used to be able to select a player or group of players and request an analyst report via the right mouse menu but this option seems to have been removed in FM22 ... no idea why ... it seems a retrograde step.

It did used to be there, I would expect changes like this fall in line with better replicating the reality of how analysts work?

Personally I never understood the reason it was like that in the first place. Probably more due to how I play the game. If I refine down the search for players in other ways I'll usually have very few players to look at. I've already narrowed it down so at that point availability & price become the biggest issues rather than the differences in what analysts will show.

I want my scouts & analysts to be turning up the players I don't already know/identify through my usual means. 

34 minutes ago, santy001 said:

It did used to be there, I would expect changes like this fall in line with better replicating the reality of how analysts work?

Personally I never understood the reason it was like that in the first place. Probably more due to how I play the game. If I refine down the search for players in other ways I'll usually have very few players to look at. I've already narrowed it down so at that point availability & price become the biggest issues rather than the differences in what analysts will show.

I want my scouts & analysts to be turning up the players I don't already know/identify through my usual means. 

Could well be ... on second thoughts having described the removal as being a retrograde step I don't think I ever used the option :idiot:

How do I:

Get my assistant manager to provide me with my player reports? He has a better combined Judging Ability/Judging Potential than the member of my coaching team (my Goalkeeping Coach?) who defaults into the role. My Assistant Manager isn't even available for me to choose in the responsibilities UI.