How do I...

On 06/12/2022 at 17:03, XaW said:

By selecting a big pool of players when you load up save. If you head into custom database and select "load all international players" from all continents you will have full international squads for all nations even without loading leagues. If you want even more, then add "players from clubs in continental competitions".

Ooh bummer, so I can't select those after I have a save going and ~a year and a half in? 

• Replies 865
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, casualassassin said:

Ooh bummer, so I can't select those after I have a save going and ~a year and a half in? 

No, sorry, that has to be done at game creation. But it does work wonders for longevity of saves.

36 minutes ago, Renyy said:

The figures that keep popping up here is Star player = 90%, Important 70-80, First team 60-80. Play time includes every official game for the first team. So only friendlies excluded. 

Keep in mind that playing time is counted in blocks, as is the player's response to it. So it's much more effective to let a player play several games in a row and then rest several games than do every other game. 

Cheers! About the second, I was thinking about that. Good to have it confirmed.

Playing as First Vienna and keep getting the -

image.png.d88a17c25828ab4f703432160f9e2d89.png

But some of the players that appear are at First Vienna Amateur Club

image.png.bb66ce7f04ea1e352f6af76b30248911.png

How do i see that squad ? Its not listed as an affiliate and its not listed in the Dev Centre

image.png.5df13bb89f51611acb124adce97eb5fb.png

Edited by batch

On 18/11/2022 at 12:57, Dereka said:

In your tactics screen, go to a player's individual settings. When editing the player's instructions there's a pop up modal that shows this in the bottom right corner.

Thanks Dereka! Unfortunately the numbers (& other stuff) I see there are quite random, see e.g. the screenshot (Mitchel Bakker) below. It shows an average rating of 3.30, when the player has never had one performance with a rating below six. Also, I don't think it's possible to play in Full-Back role in Defender (Centre) position. And the duty part is missing as well, and it is visible in the tweet I linked in my previous post - which is why I thought that maybe there is another place where I could see that kind of stats. Also, the four stars is wrong - when you click to open that pop-up, it only shows two stars which should be correct. I had this kind of problems already in FM20, and I reported them for FM22 last year here:

image.thumb.png.dc88b062a5e1f393f18161b2fa13e520.png

Just now, Maurinho said:

Thanks Dereka! Unfortunately the numbers (& other stuff) I see there are quite random, see e.g. the screenshot (Mitchel Bakker) below. It shows an average rating of 3.30, when the player has never had one performance with a rating below six. Also, I don't think it's possible to play in Full-Back role in Defender (Centre) position. And the duty part is missing as well, and it is visible in the tweet I linked in my previous post - which is why I thought that maybe there is another place where I could see that kind of stats. Also, the four stars is wrong - when you click to open that pop-up, it only shows two stars which should be correct. I had this kind of problems already in FM20, and I reported them for FM22 last year here:

image.thumb.png.dc88b062a5e1f393f18161b2fa13e520.png

I actually think I know now where that 3.30 comes from: he played 2 matches in that role, but one of them was less than 15 minutes, so he didn't get a rating for that match. For some reason it counts as 0.0 here. Another example: Edmond Tapsoba has played 8 matches with an average rating of 6.85 (first screenshot below), but on the other screen it shows that the average rating would be only 5.10. In two of those 8 matches he played less than 15 minutes and didn't get a rating - which again seems to mean a rating of 0.0 for the second, "Tactics > Player" screen. The ratings he was given add up to 41.1, and if you divide that by 6, you get 6.85 (which should be correct), but if you divide it by 8 (which I don't think is correct), you get 5.1 (rounded). It would be great if this could be fixed - at least I like to try different players in different positions & roles & duties all the time, and it would nice to be able to quickly see how they perform in them. (As a side note, here the "half-a-star" is wrong as well, it should be 3,5 stars.)
image.thumb.png.65eac10334a5f868231c8d6cb706a499.png

image.thumb.png.32d15af629c4cbbd37c3b10f97d7dce9.png

19 minutes ago, pearsiesgunners said:

Is there a way to ask my senior affiliate which players they are willing to loan to my club?

Or do I have to manually go through each player that is listed & make an offer/discuss with agent?

Ask one of your scouts to provide a team report about your senior affiliate

2 hours ago, Hovis Dexter said:

Ask one of your scouts to provide a team report about your senior affiliate

Thanks!

1 hour ago, Renyy said:

Add the players to a list and then tick the box that hides players unwilling to go on loan.

This is for players only. The club can still outright reject the loan proposal (usually "we want players to play at a higher standard").

--

Overall, I feel this could be improved so it is a bit more user friendly, convenient and efficient.

The feature already exists in the game to a certain extent as when you are initially offered the clubs to select as a senior affiliate, the clubs will list players that they are willing to loan to you. You should be able to ask for this list of players each season/window. 

Hello - sorry this is probably a common topic, however, looking for some help with my save. Lots of key players have been subject to transfer bids and have been unsettled since I rejected the bids and now affecting others in the squad since they are influential. 

is there any obvious way to sort this other than giving in and selling the players? I’ve tried new contracts to no avail.

any help greatly appreciated, cheers!

I tend to have a helluva time trying to download mods from Steam Workshop. I may have deleted an empty folder in steamapps/workshop/content, but reverifying Steam doesn't do anything. Any ideas?

NM I fixed it. I'd found empty folders with long numbers in steamapps/workshop/content and deleted them. Seems they were necessary. Re-verifying my Steam cache caused 200 folders to download. Previously, the verification didn't happen 'cos I right-clicked in the wrong place. What a mess!

Edited by phnompenhandy

23 hours ago, Hovis Dexter said:

How do I change a player's agreed playing time using the IGE. I thought this was possible in previous versions of the game but can't see the option in FM23.

Indirectly, you can change his agreed playing time and upset him, and then use the IGE to remove all unhappiness.

in the day before a match, what training session (attached) am i using that can hurt a player?

this has been my setup ever since fm switched to this style of training, and it sometimes has resulted in injuries. so wanted to see if anyone could help.

for example, attached is one player who got a hernia lifting weights and another who blew out his cruciate ligaments sprinting.

looking to see if anyone can help me understand what it is about my prematch training that can cause such significant injuries (attached their descriptions too).

because i'm struggling to see where weight lifting or sprinting injuries could come from.

training.png

hernia.png

ligament.png

match tactics.png

teamwork.png

1 hour ago, arsenal3459 said:

in the day before a match, what training session (attached) am i using that can hurt a player?

this has been my setup ever since fm switched to this style of training, and it sometimes has resulted in injuries. so wanted to see if anyone could help.

for example, attached is one player who got a hernia lifting weights and another who blew out his cruciate ligaments sprinting.

looking to see if anyone can help me understand what it is about my prematch training that can cause such significant injuries (attached their descriptions too).

because i'm struggling to see where weight lifting or sprinting injuries could come from.

training.png

hernia.png

ligament.png

match tactics.png

teamwork.png

As you can see, both Match Tactics and Teamwork reduce Condition; and reducing Condition increase the like hood of injuries. Match Preparation schedules use the training ground, so.

Hi! I have a problem, please help.

There was a moment of registration before the new season of the squad for league games. I selected the players and confirmed the registration. A moment later I noticed that I didn't register one of the players, so I added him to the list in the "lineup" section where you can register players. Once approved, I cannot continue the game. I can't go any further since there is no message that any reaction of mine is required. The "continue" button does not work. Pressing the space bar also does nothing. I can't go on and continue the game. I restarted the game, steam and computer, nothing worked. Please help.

12 minutes ago, Mr Thomas Gamer said:

Hello, I am fairly new to playing Football Manager. I have downloaded some downloaded databases so I can play with additional leagues. Previously, I have been able to select on the dropdown menu but now it is blacked out and I am not able to select any other databases. Anyone know why?Screenshot_20221228_210343.png.8e72e8a14f46ffe6f10dcabf9e2f6718.png

Looks like you either haven't put them in the 'editor data' folder, or your editor data folder is in the wrong place.

Is it possible to see the fee received for a friendly after the friendly has been arranged? Two uses cases:

• I have just taken over at a new club but some pre-season friendlies (away games) are already arranged. I might want to cancel these, unless I'm due to receive a large fee.
  • A friendly has been arranged (home game) and I'd like to know how much I'm set to earn and how high of a fee I'm paying to the away team.

I'd be happy to raise this as a feature request but I figured this might already be possible to view somewhere.

Ok, i have a question about reports. These are all reports of my players,

but since i got promoted they are not updated, meaning the ability and

potential ability are related to the quality of the last league i was in.Is there any way i could update this?

aaa.png.85ab311c45b38b66cbbbb760a68433b2.png

23 hours ago, Dereka said:

Is it possible to see the fee received for a friendly after the friendly has been arranged? Two uses cases:

• I have just taken over at a new club but some pre-season friendlies (away games) are already arranged. I might want to cancel these, unless I'm due to receive a large fee.
  • A friendly has been arranged (home game) and I'd like to know how much I'm set to earn and how high of a fee I'm paying to the away team.

I'd be happy to raise this as a feature request but I figured this might already be possible to view somewhere.

FYI: There was no response so far, so I've gone ahead and raised a feature request:

Can anyone answer me a question i was into my second season in italy with  Napoli and i resigned,so i added a new database in England which was added end of season. I was out of work for 6 months then took charge of Leeds in season 23/24 midway through the season but noticed all teams in the premier league where the same from 22/23 season why is this ? 

17 hours ago, that\'s life said:

Can anyone answer me a question i was into my second season in italy with  Napoli and i resigned,so i added a new database in England which was added end of season. I was out of work for 6 months then took charge of Leeds in season 23/24 midway through the season but noticed all teams in the premier league where the same from 22/23 season why is this ? 

You didn't have the English leagues loaded into your game and as a result of this no games in those leagues were played in the background during your save in Italy. Thus when you added England at the start of your third season you will have loaded the original database.

Is there a way with the editor to cancel/refund coaching courses your staff took?

As a lower league team i cant afford courses for staff im not gonna prolong their contract, and the responsability to decide coaching courses is bugged. Pissed away 25k in my first month

2 hours ago, eXistenZ said:

Is there a way with the editor to cancel/refund coaching courses your staff took?

As a lower league team i cant afford courses for staff im not gonna prolong their contract, and the responsability to decide coaching courses is bugged. Pissed away 25k in my first month

Simple add the funds into balance which has been taken.

8 hours ago, eXistenZ said:

Mark them all as read 

On 31/12/2022 at 20:25, eXistenZ said:

You can be the one who sends the staff on a course, simply don't send them on a course.

19 minutes ago, Dropveter said:

You can be the one who sends the staff on a course, simply don't send them on a course.

thats the bug. Even if you set all responsabilities to yourself, staff will go on courses (paid by the club) despite you not giving them any order to do it

how do i change tactics screen back? done something now i can only drag n drop players onto positions, cant click on position an pick from drop down list.. driving me potty  :seagull:

never mind, sorted it. had somehow changed views

Edited by rinso

Hey folks returning to FM for first time since FM19

What can I do to stop a club haemorrhaging money, I'm below my Wage Budget and I've been organising what is suppose to be profitable friendlies for my U21 and U18 sides this is however not having a long lasting effect. 

Any tips? 

5 hours ago, HeartOfMidlothian said:

Question on playing time happiness…

Do sub appearances count towards a players playing time happiness or is it just starts? I know in theory subs should count but not sure on the algorithm.

It has always been my belief that the only thing that counts is starts in competitive games. 

On 08/01/2023 at 17:49, HeartOfMidlothian said:

Question on playing time happiness…

Do sub appearances count towards a players playing time happiness or is it just starts? I know in theory subs should count but not sure on the algorithm.

Someone on a YouTube video (can't remember who) mentioned it's competitive starts of 60 minutes +

22 hours ago, iacovone said:

How do I set up my news screen/inbox to show me the latest managers sacked? Is it possible? It's a real pain going to the job security tab every day or two...

I'm not 100% sure but you could try following other teams on the social media thing in the game

14 hours ago, phnompenhandy said:

Embarrassing - I've changed my first team's tactic, but I can't work out how to force my Under 18s manager to play my chosen tactic.

are you the one in charge of training for the u18?