Football Manager 2021 Official Feedback Thread

Close range finishing is really bad for me. Even players with high finishing attributes like Messi love to smash the ball into the defender instead of picking out an open spot in the net. While Goalkeepers are no longer as OP in FM20, defenders seem to turn into prime Baresi whenever my striker takes a shot.

Anyone else having this problem?

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, KeegBCFC said:

MLS still unplayable. A known issue for years still not fixed despite calls for it to be fixed more than ever this year. Might as well delete that league from the game if SI aren't interested in fixing it. Ah well, back to Europe.

How is it unplayable? I plan on starting a save with LAFC then hopefully earn offers in Europe.

14 minutes ago, anindyarajan19 said:

Close range finishing is really bad for me. Even players with high finishing attributes like Messi love to smash the ball into the defender instead of picking out an open spot in the net. While Goalkeepers are no longer as OP in FM20, defenders seem to turn into prime Baresi whenever my striker takes a shot.

This is discouraging :(

23 minutes ago, anindyarajan19 said:

*starts a fire*

Blame the people who said the game was easy and strikers were scoring too much...

1 hour ago, FrazT said:

As was said in the opening post, there is no changelist as this is not an update, it is the launch version.  There have been many, many changes since the beta was launched but not all that was reported will have made this release version.  Another user in this thread indicated that player values appear to have gone down in some cases but that may be the more expensive ones.

Yes, it was specifically the top end players that had a value decrease. There were some crazy values - Rodri for 85m despite playing 8 games the season before has fallen to 52m post-beta just by advancing a single day. That feels much more realistic IMO. I’ve checked through “lesser” players and there has been some minor variation but nothing significant 

1 hour ago, Domathon said:

I’ve read all reply’s so far can anyone tell me if the hard brexit is still so extreme in full release?? Might aswell keep a smaller database and have a faster game???

What’s so extreme about brexit? It’s 17 foreigners and 8 homegrown players - which is in line with the CL squad requirements of 8 homegrown players anyway. Any kids through your academy will more than likely take British citizenship anyway to count as one of your 8. I don’t foresee it being a major issue tbh 

21 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

*starts a fire*

Blame the people who said the game was easy and strikers were scoring too much...

Melen has 20 in 14 for me since the update playing the 3 striker system. Jota has 18 in 14, Zapata 12 in 14 and Fati 19 in 14. It hasn't been nerfed and defensively seems stronger.

Edited by harrycarrie

vor 2 Minuten schrieb conor4669:

People keep asking the same question over and over!! Can’t you read? He said no notes so why does everyone keep saying “duhhhh where are the notes”

so they release a patch on release day to fix the bugs in the beta but provide no patch notes? also dont run a discord server in late 2020. says it all honestly.

have fun guessing what changed, guys... lmfao

Edited by kewe77

2 hours ago, jcp1417 said:

I’m sorry, is this not a feedback thread? I gave  my feedback.  I don’t know why you feel the need minimize my feedback. 

It is not just the guy I quoted. I'm not singling out. The post above this one is as bad. 

I really don't understand why people are getting so angry about this matter. You all seem to forget that you are talking to real people, yet you address forum moderators, who I am sure do their jobs on here in their own time, in a rude fashion. 

Treat people how you expect to be treated. As it says in the original post in this thread. 

Edited by anagain

14 minutes ago, kewe77 said:

so they release a patch on release day to fix the bugs in the beta but provide no patch notes? also dont run a discord server in late 2020. says it all honestly.

This is not a patch/update- it is the release of the full game

1 hour ago, jcp1417 said:

I’m sorry, is this not a feedback thread? I gave  my feedback.  I don’t know why you feel the need minimize my feedback. 

Nobody is minimising your feedback- I was only explaining the position and trying to answer your question about a new save.

Gerade eben schrieb FrazT:

Nowhere has it been said that nothing has changed- there have, of course, been very many changes since the beta release

Which we don't know anything about because there are no patch notes. :D

1 minute ago, andu1 said:

The thing is that in the beta it showed 3 tablets, this morning when i updated the game is shows only 2

I am only quoting was was said somewhere earlier in the thread- I havent even downloaded the game yet so cant help with this

The update passes a few of my basic tests. Beta save loaded fine. There are some clear improvements to aspects of the UI (team selection change list pre-match, post match summary, cluttered pass map is gone, the positioning on panel pop-ups in match is improved), improved cameras, camera settings retained between matches, ME still seems fine and it felt after one game like my defenders are actually a bit more assertive and through balls are perhaps less OTT compared to Beta.  

Positive early impressions but I was already very happy with the Beta to be fair. The UI is growing on me. Plus I've finally offloaded Phil Jones on a free. Sure I had to pay half his wages, but still - he was going nowhere on the Beta build yesterday.

Obviously anyone expecting huge changes in the course of a fortnight might need to recheck their expectations, but hopefully the key bugs (UI and otherwise) are being worked on at the moment for release in a future update.

Oh, and I love how much info is on the screen attached.

Screenshot 2020-11-24 at 08.39.40.png

26 minutes ago, harrycarrie said:

Melen has 20 in 14 for me since the update playing the 3 striker system. Jota has 18 in 14, Zapata 12 in 14 and Fati 19 in 14. It hasn't been nerfed and defensively seems stronger.

If you're playing 3 central strikers then I'm not entirely sure what outcome you were expecting tbh.

Biggest exploit in FM history.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

If you're playing 3 central strikers then I'm not entirely sure what outcome you were expecting tbh.

Biggest exploit in FM history.

I was seeing if they had nerfed it somewhat. It was last year.

Seemingly not, and I'm not complaining. It was also stating that it feels like defending/strikers missing hasn't been buffed.

Edited by harrycarrie

1 minute ago, rp1966 said:

That's not what they mean.  The beta is not an official release, it is a public test by those who pre-ordered.

So when the official release come out it is presented as a new starting point - which it is for the bulk of those buying the game.  There are changes from beta to full release (as is obvious as soon as you start playing), but that is not for public consumption,

Had it been a closed beta then the beta testers would probably have been given a changelist, but it's irrelevant to the wider public buying the official release.

This- beautifully put:thup:

For me, the new match engine seems worse (Is it slower??). I've seen the strikers blasting it at defenders, some very dodgy pens, and the entire individual team talks are broken. (They reset the entire team...And subs not even talked to get angry / anxious?). I hpnestly thought the beta ME was the most fun I've had in a long time, and I'm incredibly frustrated I can't play due to lack of effective team talks.

29 minutes ago, kewe77 said:

Or we could actually do what the game is intended for, play it and have a bit of fun. If you run in to a bug, report it. If not, keep playing and enjoying it. Pretty simple concept. I don't know why people on the internet feel the need to create so much drama over such trivial things. 

Very early first impressions (from the demo)

- it looks great

- I look great :D

- annoying that I seemingly have to pick my intra-friendly squad from the news screen. Ended up selecting no subs by accident!

- team talks/media stuff is a bit more visually appealing but appears to be the same format at its core

- pitch looks lovely. Only watched the first half of the first friendly but saw a couple of nice moves and goals. Alisson also did a "Karius" and kicked it straight into Curtis Jones from about 3 yards away resulting in a goal :D

Now I have to go to stupid work :(

Loving the game so far but would love it even more if we could see who assisted the goal in that little pop up. Also the little circle on the bottom left of the screen telling us when our next fixture was was really useful and I hope its brought back. I also miss the match report individual player summaries we used to get and idk why it was removed. Besides this great game though and going tp spend countless hours on it lol.

6 minutes ago, marioNOW said:

Then it should be a closed beta stage. In 2020 it should be unacceptable to have a user/customer to test a product, provide specific detailed feedback on it and not get any info on that bug/issue being fixed or not during a patch/release. Pure disrespect for the end consumer.

This is just my opinion tho from customer standpoint. I did not do any beta testing and feedback as I saw that most of them already reported/flagged/investigated, but I would have done so would be extremely upset if my additional contribution to make the game better (or just actually playable in some cases e.g. league registration issues) is not reflected in any way with a changelog. Even a "it is under correction for the next update or something. Just give a response of any kind. Seeing reoccurring bugs reported multiple times and not being fixed (MLS grey players) without providing explanation on "why not" is not consumer friendly at all.

Do not misunderstand me, the game is fun and a massive improvement over the previous iterations, but the way of communication /player treatment/ is probably the worst example I am experiencing other then EA sports. But at least the game/product here is way better than what route FIFA took over the years so we have to be thankful for it to have a monopoly in a specific genre and not over abusing that and providing us with this brilliant game enjoyable for thousand of hours. 

But if the game was just released and there was no beta, there wouldn't be patch notes, if it was a closed beta, there still wouldn't be patch notes.

The beta is an unfinished version of the game and there is always going to be tweaks and changes to the final version, but this is how the game is meant to be released. SI don't have to give players access to a beta, but they do it to gather a wider feedback of something they might miss themselves.

Every system and every setup is different and can cause certain aspects of the game to potentially play out differently in whatever way. The beta helps iron those out, but these changes may not make it into the final release, they maybe done as a hot fix in a week or 2 time at which point, we probably will have release notes.

19 minutes ago, SmurfDude said:

Or we could actually do what the game is intended for, play it and have a bit of fun. If you run in to a bug, report it. If not, keep playing and enjoying it. Pretty simple concept. I don't know why people on the internet feel the need to create so much drama over such trivial things. 

Maybe people who played Beta and Pre-ordered wants to know what they have improved in ME compared to BETAS ME or maybe wants to know if they have Read bugs reports. 

"I dont want know why people on internet wants to control how others want to play their game and ask developers for something they have bought" 

2 minutes ago, FrazT said:

Some staff members have not been able to be included for licensing reasons

ok they only have four members of staff bit of a pain to have to go out and hire a whole work force, i thought si just gave people made up names if they have no licence

6 minutes ago, bobbyb12345 said:

So for some reason the thread about AI difficulty got closed.

With that in mind, has anything changed in that regard? Do they attack any more or is it still really easy?

Closed because it related to the beta, if you still think it is an issue when you can always make a new thread (although I guess not much is left to add after 11 pages). I have struggled more in my games this morning, but that may just be because I have a team of lazy complacent players at the moment because we have walked the league (Deportivo season 1 will do that). So it is hard to tell.