Football Manager 2021 Official Feedback Thread

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, KiLLu12258 said:

hell the network game is completely broken. "waiting" after every match and cant watch match of friends.

pls SI fix this ASAP

Please report any issues in the bugs forum.

You still can't switch between tactics and team talks in game?

Once I go to tactics in match build up I am not able to return to my team talk.

This was a huge omission in beta and still seems to be evident in the full release. Or does it require a new save?

1 hour ago, kitcub said:

I'm not sure - not seen one yet and I know from his Twitter that @DanFMDatabases is having a few (lot) of issues with the Editor currently... Might take a while.

Ah, that's frustrating. Need to do my long term save.

9 hours ago, KeegBCFC said:

Go and have a look at the USA in the League Specific Issues part of the site bud, you'll see the issues. Main one being AI do not know how to register a squad so end up with 10 players and have to field greyed out players.

Well I’m aware of the rules and such. In FM19 (still playing it) the AI fields some solid teams. Mainly they use their DP slots well. I’m guessing in FM21 they went downhill?

Do officials in lower leagues ever get offside calls wrong? Seems like all the marginal offsides are called correctly. 

Playing as Kettering in a friendly at Didcot. I wouldn't have thought VAR would be in use... 

38 minutes ago, anagain said:

I don't think I agree with this sentimeent in this instance. Well, I'm in two minds. I do somewhat agree there is a lot of wasted space there, but what are SI supposed to put there?

They've had this idea this year to attempt to make the game more personal. That is your office. You are meeting with a player who has a grievance. You meet in your office.

I don't see what you think they are supposed to put there.

You could almost think of this as a first pass for this new personal interaction. Maybe, in some number of years, we will see the manager and the player sitting in the office.

It's got to be better than a couple of text bubbles on a black background, hasn't it?

Make it bigger a bit? Bring player reaction and user input a bit closer. That player box  is also bit bad - maybe show bigger info who is in your office - like player card on the left side that contains previous talk or some info.

Also more on those player boxes. IF there are many they are a bit disturbing to look. It is floating box that has box element inside that have text and change colour.
-----

Quickly bring this screen to example.

1. Because these "NEW" gestures the emotions are more dragged out - minor thing and will need time to get used as they represent basically the same thing as seen info when hovering over.
2. User interactions is in the middle of screen - this is no biggy if 3-5 points where not so widely apart.
3-5 have to make full circle with eyes to see what is happening and go back to middle if want to make additional comments. Really bad for eyes and user understanding. There is no specific also how these are handled, right now my two wingers, strikers and midfield guy are up there others on the left. How does it change when tactics are different. Identifying player is hard, definitely at start.
6. Players are in floating boxes and needs to be focused down harder than before
7. No after that reactions will come in and will make the view even worse(should have taken SS after that). Have to keep in touch what that pink face is doing and comment  - and this is all marked inside each players boxes that are all over screen.

Definitely can bring out that you will get use to where things are etc. But it wont change the fact this hard to read and bad design. If people think it is just opinion out of thin air - I work with designers everyday in quality assurance where we build apps and web interface from scratch. It looks pretty for sure, but the things that are grammed inside the boxes and user input changes the output there is bad flow. Lets see what skins can do and I want to hope this will change next FM. Even small change moving Team talk statement box to left and names in list to right and we are gold.

And yes at some-point I will try to make this issue out in bugs or feature request if it wont be done before.

20201124205714_1.thumb.jpg.50fcd583c1a9a261c2abe6ce8c32bfbb.jpg

So FM21 release version:

• ME is still the best I can remember - in fact it may have been improved from the beta. From going through pre-season and my first few games and comments in this thread there may have been some tweaks to effects from complacency. Or it could just be that I'm playing with a lesser team than in the beta, but although the vast improvements in forward play are still evident it seems that it is a little more difficult. I look forward to seeing if fatigue has also been tweaked (I think someone from SI mentioned that, too).

• My first action was to try to disable Brexit via the editor - the issues around testing the English leagues is very disappointing. But even more so the lack of a simple disable switch accessible to all. Thankfully people more experienced with the editor seem to have provided a solution - thank goodness for the editor community.

• I've mentioned previously that the artistic arrangements of text in the team meetings and press conferences was a nice idea, but doesn't really work for me - I'll leave it at that.

• As someone who has spent the last few versions as an FMT player I have found myself much more comfortable with the recent full-fat feature changes than what was there when I last played the full-fat version.  It's nice to have some of the team-building and training depth back.  Jury's still out on dynamics, though.

• Match UI is a mixed bag. I like that it provides such a clean look when you are watching the game (especially as someone who plays in comprehensive mode), but It feels a little clunky when you want to change your team or access stats compared to previous versions.  I'm getting used to it - not sure I'll ever really like the tablet idea.

• My initial thoughts are that this is probably the best FM so far.  At the moment I am envisaging a true career save of 20+ seasons.  I hope there are no nasty regen, team-building or league bugs awaiting me.

Everything about FM21 is even more impressive in light of the backdrop of the necessary changes in working practice due to Covid.

Edited by rp1966

10 minutes ago, FedAt said:

in FM20 there was an option to edit colors of player attributes and some other parts of the UI, did anyone find this options or it is not in the game anymore?

It's still there. Just search for "Skin colours" and change colours there.

My only slight annoyance so far is that on a managers profile who used to be a player such as Arteta for example, if you go to the 'milestones' page it can be hard to differentiate between player and manager achievements because it doesn't list if they were a player or manager at the time they won a trophy. Might be a bit annoying once successful players retire and go into management. You can filter it but you have to individually untick every club theyve been at.

image.png.95c7af4847d8cb7857c6b6978f88960b.png

Great improvement form the Beta to the Match Engine. From few games that I played I have just one remark: The players with small vision and passing menage to pass the ball to overlaping fullback with easy. I mean players like Bakayoko from Napoli with 10 vision and 14 passing constantly make Iniesta style passes to the fullbacks. Also the fullback are often left unmarked form the defenders.

Otherwise this is very good Match Engine and the best in years. 

Now that you have changed the different info windows that you could add to your match view as "the tablet" it doesnt have to go invisible when the play is under it. When I CHOOSE to watch it, it doesnt matter what is happening in the pitch. I'd like to see it! Unlike the windows that were there all the time and sometimes over the play but most could be put on the side, the tablet doesnt have to go invisible.

Edited by Tuoppi

37 minutes ago, stevemc said:

Anyone using a MacBook notice the fan is constantly on, and the underside is red hot?

It’s because there is no option to turn off retina display this year. Instead, you have do the following:

Go to finder; Application support ; Steam ; steamapps\common\Football Manager 2021
Right click on fm21
Get Information and click "Open in low resolution"

This should result in much reduced fan noise or excess. 
Edited by Gundo

One more little thing - I like the addition of the commentary lines as the teams are presented before the match and the league being shown as well (but maybe that was there before and it's just that I'm in the Championship this save) - either way it's a nice touch.

Edited by rp1966

This is one of the worst bugs I've ever encountered. Every time I click the development center in my Newell's Old Boys save, the game instantly crashes. Every. Single. Time.

It doesn't do it for my other saves, I even created a NEW save with Newell's just to see if the issue was related to my particular save, it wasn't. Please look into this ASAP as it basically renders the game unplayable.

55 minutes ago, stevemc said:

Anyone using a MacBook notice the fan is constantly on, and the underside is red hot?

Yes I'm using a MacBook Pro 2018 and I can't keep it on my lap its so hot. I'm using an old PC fan based at the moment to help keep it cooler.  Fans are constant though.

FM20 was the first game ever in the CM/FM-series i didn't buy because of its major flaws, so I'm very curious about FM21. The first feedback looked great, but as I'm an old school player caring more about statistics and realism, than fancy graphics and new features, I'm still a bit unsure.

For instance I play 95% of my games with "commentary only", and in the feedback and screenshots I've seen I've hardly seen anything around that. In FM19, this was a major let down as there was hardly any information in the commentary, goals appeared before commentary and VAR-decisions were heavily lagged. Has this improved in this version. Can one watch the game in commentary and still feel you get the information needed?

GK-ratings have been hopeless for many years now. Is this fixed? 

I've seen that there is a possibility to disable Brexit through the editor, but can the same be done with Covid 19-implications. I strongly disagree with the way this has been done, by just affecting transfers and economy. Either you do it full out or you don't do it at all (or at least give the player the opportunity to choose).

Appreciate all input that can help me decide wether to buy the game or not

1 minute ago, bielsadidnothingwrong said:

This is one of the worst bugs I've ever encountered. Every time I click the development center in my Newell's Old Boys save, the game instantly crashes. Every. Single. Time.

It doesn't do it for my other saves, I even created a NEW save with Newell's just to see if the issue was related to my particular save, it wasn't. Please look into this ASAP as it basically renders the game unplayable.

Please report this.

2 minutes ago, bielsadidnothingwrong said:

It's not going to get fixed if you don't log it in the bugs forum..

2 minutes ago, bielsadidnothingwrong said:

Pretty disappointed in this. Hope to see a fast turn around so I can actually PLAY the game I paid for.

Can't find anything recent around this. When and where did you post? If you don't keep issues up to date, there's no guarantee it can be fixed for you.

18 minutes ago, tmolvik said:

FM20 was the first game ever in the CM/FM-series i didn't buy because of its major flaws, so I'm very curious about FM21. The first feedback looked great, but as I'm an old school player caring more about statistics and realism, than fancy graphics and new features, I'm still a bit unsure.

For instance I play 95% of my games with "commentary only", and in the feedback and screenshots I've seen I've hardly seen anything around that. In FM19, this was a major let down as there was hardly any information in the commentary, goals appeared before commentary and VAR-decisions were heavily lagged. Has this improved in this version. Can one watch the game in commentary and still feel you get the information needed?

GK-ratings have been hopeless for many years now. Is this fixed? 

I've seen that there is a possibility to disable Brexit through the editor, but can the same be done with Covid 19-implications. I strongly disagree with the way this has been done, by just affecting transfers and economy. Either you do it full out or you don't do it at all (or at least give the player the opportunity to choose).

Appreciate all input that can help me decide wether to buy the game or not

The only way you'll truly see if it's what you want is if you try the demo. FM has so many different inputs and variables and ways to play that who knows. All I know is that I am enjoying this version more than the previous two... at the moment.

Okay, three games into my Zebre beta save & we're scoring for fun, 12 in 3 with Dybala playing AMC Treq & he's scored four in two, very happy with that

The ME has deffo changed, passes are less successful, less sweet through balls & more goals are coming from set pieces, probably balanced for the best but it's less fun :D