Football Manager 2021 Official Feedback Thread

7 minutes ago, Tony Wright 747 said:

Wonderful news. thanks Dave

The camera angles have been improved too*. You can fully zoom on the sideline view and set up a perfect 'FIFA' angle now. And the data analyst camera (at last) looks great. In fact, those who wish the 2D stuff to be more immersive, if you get the height and zoom right on the data analyst view this year, it's a terrific alternative, particularly now that it looks better. 

*from the beta

Edited by Dagenham_Dave

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, Neil Brock said:

You trying to run any custom editor data? Looks like the game could be corrupted so may be worth uninstalling and reinstalling. 

I just verified integrity of steam files and game was missing 22 files which I downloaded .

Now everything is working fine. Must be something wrong with auto update from beta to full release. 

Saves are loading no crush when Im chaneging language. Problem solved

Just now, Bobek said:

I just verified integrity of steam files and game was missing 22 files which I downloaded .

Now everything is working fine. Must be something wrong with auto update from beta to full release. 

Saves are loading no crush when Im chaneging language. Problem solved

Great- thanks for letting us know

Testing the game now to get used to it before starting a proper game.  Have seen some improvements and encouraging signs.

1 thing I've really wanted for a while which I hope gets implemented is the ability to take away the stands so you can just see the pitch.  I don't have the PC capability to have crowds on so it would be a great way to suspend disbelief by having the ability to turn the stands/crowd off, so you don't notice they aren't there (when they are).

The text commentary size seems a bit low, a way to customize the size would be nice.

Looking forward to delving deeper, some of the subtle changes have noticed implemented can see how they'd have the potential to make the game feel more immersive.

Hope I can always play football manager cause I love these games, have to play on very low cause of PC so hope am able to keep playing long term.  Great series.

Has anyone noticed any oddities with team talks now - individual team talks in particular - if you talk individually to defenders, midfielders and attackers, in the beta any motivation any of them got and status etc would stay, but now if you talk to all 3 groups, any effected players by your individual team talks go neutral.

2 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

The camera angles have been improved too. You can fully zoom on the sideline view and set up a perfect 'FIFA' angle now. And the data analyst camera (at last) looks great. In fact, those who wish the 2D stuff to be more immersive, if you get the height and zoom right on the data analyst view this year, it's a terrific alternative, particularly now that it looks better. 

Cheers Dave.  I can see this is going to cause me some problems now.  I never buy the full game until after the Feb/March update, and for the last five or so years have not been enthused enough to abandon my enthralling Brondby save, but It kooks like I will have a dilemma come the spring.

Just now, Tony Wright 747 said:

Cheers Dave.  I can see this is going to cause me some problems now.  I never buy the full game until after the Feb/March update, and for the last five or so years have not been enthused enough to abandon my enthralling Brondby save, but It kooks like I will have a dilemma come the spring.

Go on- you know you want to:lol:

36 dakika önce, franchi said:

not worked yet but i'm trying to instal latest directx version manually. it looks up to date but i'm trting... 

it worked after running as admin from installation folder. finally i'm gonna start my new save after deleting the one from beta. 

1 minute ago, FrazT said:

I adjust the zoom via preferences

i'm not sure what you mean when i look at 'size of text and images section' of editor i get 3 different zoom out levels and standard size. when i look at last years i get 3 zoom outs and 5 levels of zoom in

Just now, Wasma said:

i'm not sure what you mean when i look at 'size of text and images section' of editor i get 3 different zoom out levels and standard size. when i look at last years i get 3 zoom outs and 5 levels of zoom in

I don't use the editor, so cannot comment on what is or is not available.  What I said was that it was possible to change the text size zoom within the game by changing the zoom in preferences

1 minute ago, autohoratio said:

There was the song on the loading/intro screen in FM18

Yeah- I remember that- you listened to it once then turned it off.  The user above is stating that he wont buy the game if it doesnt have background music, a feature that the game has never had I dont think

am using the save game from the beta, i can play 2 to 4 games and then get the game stuck in loading, waited 10 minutesa nd had to force closed the game because it was not responsive, this has happened 3 times now, in the beta didnt have this problem

1 minute ago, kertiek said:

am using the save game from the beta, i can play 2 to 4 games and then get the game stuck in loading, waited 10 minutesa nd had to force closed the game because it was not responsive, this has happened 3 times now, in the beta didnt have this problem

https://community.sigames.com/forum/819-crash-technical-issues-and-game-performance-support-portal/

20 minutes ago, FrazT said:

Yeah- I remember that- you listened to it once then turned it off.  The user above is stating that he wont buy the game if it doesnt have background music, a feature that the game has never had I dont think

I wonder if he means that the game is blocking off his background music? Such an issue would obviously not be SI's problem as it is not a fault with the game, but it would make more sense. Maybe settings on his end about full screen control of system etc

2 minutes ago, Christmas said:

I wonder if he means that the game is blocking off his background music? Such an issue would obviously not be SI's problem as it is not a fault with the game, but it would make more sense. Maybe settings on his end about full screen control of system etc

Thanks- that is a possibility.  We will see if he comes back with more info

7 minutes ago, SazoJohnno said:

@Neil BrockJust want to inform you that Malwarebytes has just flagged FM21 pre editor as a ransomware when I tried to restart it. "RTP detection" it claims. Thought you might want to know. 

Thanks for that- clearly a false positive but good to know- I have flagged this with SI.

My two requests:

1. Have a switch to enable/disable the Brexit feature when starting a save
  2. Return the widgets to the 2D match screen (or push that bottom row of feedback to the sides to fill the screen better)

Looks like a really good game otherwise.

Edited by Overmars

1.  I am sure that any of the editors will have this option- I doubt that it will be an in-game option

2.  There will be many third party skins around soon that will offer multiple changes to the game screens, so  check in the Skinning forum

As was said in the opening post, there is no changelist as this is not an update, it is the launch version.  There have been many, many changes since the beta was launched but not all that was reported will have made this release version.  Another user in this thread indicated that player values appear to have gone down in some cases but that may be the more expensive ones.

6 hours ago, FrazT said:

Without knowing the details it is hard to comment.  There will be many issues reported and not all of them will make the data cut of- did you start a new save?

Like no changelist.

Hard to comment when we don't know what has been addressed since the beta....

The touchline tablet has been reduced by a column? Why? Not only are we no longer using all the space on the screen (at least I am not), but this allows you to access easily even less information. Now I do not mind this idea of reducing info while managing, but if we have 10 different tabs selectable in the touchline tablet why not keep the 3 columns so you have to switch between them less? Very strange decision this. 

Is there any way to turn off/ limit the nonsensical journalist questions when unemployed? Starting a save in England unemployed with no experience or coaching badges and am constantly being asked by journalists what my thoughts are on insecure manager positions in the premier league/championship and if I'd be interested in the job. At one point I was asked about the Spain job. Not only are these a real nag - I get multiple questions daily, often about the same clubs - but surely these questions should be targeted based on your given experience? I should be asked about jobs in the national league perhaps, but nothing higher. 

Maybe this is supposed to help the immersion when you dont have a job, but really it has the opposite effect and seems totally unrealistic

1 minute ago, AlexJames said:

Is there any way to turn off/ limit the nonsensical journalist questions when unemployed? Starting a save in England unemployed with no experience or coaching badges and am constantly being asked by journalists what my thoughts are on insecure manager positions in the premier league/championship and if I'd be interested in the job. At one point I was asked about the Spain job. Not only are these a real nag - I get multiple questions daily, often about the same clubs - but surely these questions should be targeted based on your given experience? I should be asked about jobs in the national league perhaps, but nothing higher. 

Maybe this is supposed to help the immersion when you dont have a job, but really it has the opposite effect and seems totally unrealistic

If it is unrealistic, as it sounds, please raise it in the Bugs forum

7 minutes ago, FrazT said:

If it is unrealistic, as it sounds, please raise it in the Bugs forum

I should add this is the demo, not the full game, not sure if that makes a difference? Currently still enjoying a journeyman FM19 save, but couldn't resist seeing what the new version had in store this evening

4 minutes ago, craiigman said:

Had a read through the thread, mentions about dark skin. But is there a default light skin this year? Not had chance to update yet

There is no official skin apart from the default, but the Skinning forum will, for sure, have multiple ones to choose from very shortly.

2 minutes ago, AlexJames said:

I should add this is the demo, not the full game, not sure if that makes a difference? Currently still enjoying a journeyman FM19 save, but couldn't resist seeing what the new version had in store this evening

Demo is kept up to date with the full game, so is worth logging.

1 minute ago, Domathon said:

I’ve read all reply’s so far can anyone tell me if the hard brexit is still so extreme in full release?? Might aswell keep a smaller database and have a faster game???

I haven't played the game yet, but it is reported that the brexit can be edited in the editor

3 minutes ago, jcp1417 said:

Basically everyone here participated in beta. It’s only fair to let us know, who provided SI with a free service BTW, if anything major was changed/fixed. There is a change list. It’s just being held back. 

I just want to know if there was any changes other than database that I need to create a new game to fix

SI have said that there will be no changelist, so whether we like it or not we have to accept that.  I doubt that there would have been any major changes since the beta launch that would stop you from continuing with your current save unless you choose to do so.

Hello guys,

First of all thanks for the hard work I am a big fan from the series for quite a while (almost 2 decades). On FM20 I have over 3450 hours.

During BETA I raised this concern/point of view about the 2D View during matches. I believe FM20 was the turning point from UX perspective in comparison with many others from all the small details during matches and outside like during fixtures, see the hours etc.

I am adding two screenshots FM21 vs FM20:

This is overwhelming, as an user I would love to tailor this as I wish... its quite intrusive.

Moreover if we compare both I believe on the top we could at least be able to see the Skins of the team as well as the progress bar of the game.

The option to see where we are playing and also how many people watching, what is the weather.... Who doesnt get popped up when getting a full house when you are a small team?

The bar that shows the possession even though there are no highlights its key... thats how many people adjust the mentality of the players in order to balance with the opponent...

The bar that shows the comments is also too small I do need an effort to read what is happening.

Cant see what is happening in the other matches.

I just compare both displays and I see FM20 much more clear than FM21 though I understand there are new features I am assure we all can find a way to accommodate all these in something similar as FM20.

Overall I didnt fully explore FM21 yet though for me this is the biggest and only downfall but I am loving what I see so far. If something can be done here that would be great.

image.thumb.png.c4b40f9f3e7b00d4dc32697d5321bd04.png

FM20

image.thumb.png.4e01142cdc0256a5c057a288c9df56de.png

25 minutes ago, FrazT said:

SI have said that there will be no changelist, so whether we like it or not we have to accept that.  I doubt that there would have been any major changes since the beta launch that would stop you from continuing with your current save unless you choose to do so.

I’m sorry, is this not a feedback thread? I gave  my feedback.  I don’t know why you feel the need minimize my feedback. 

Edited by jcp1417