Football Manager 2021 Official Feedback Thread

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

15 minutes ago, sporadicsmiles said:

Closed because it related to the beta, if you still think it is an issue when you can always make a new thread (although I guess not much is left to add after 11 pages). I have struggled more in my games this morning, but that may just be because I have a team of lazy complacent players at the moment because we have walked the league (Deportivo season 1 will do that). So it is hard to tell. 

But I wanna know if it's changed. If it's related to the beta and it hasn't changed then it's related to the full release, surely?

2 minutes ago, bobbyb12345 said:

But I wanna know if it's changed. If it's related to the beta and it hasn't changed then it's related to the full release, surely?

I don't think that there were any major changes to the ME that would have a major impact on how easy/hard you found the beta

1 hour ago, Lurking Manager said:

How is it unplayable? I plan on starting a save with LAFC then hopefully earn offers in Europe.

Go and have a look at the USA in the League Specific Issues part of the site bud, you'll see the issues. Main one being AI do not know how to register a squad so end up with 10 players and have to field greyed out players.

2 hours ago, anindyarajan19 said:

Close range finishing is really bad for me. Even players with high finishing attributes like Messi love to smash the ball into the defender instead of picking out an open spot in the net. While Goalkeepers are no longer as OP in FM20, defenders seem to turn into prime Baresi whenever my striker takes a shot.

Anyone else having this problem?

Mine is perfect - probably the best thing about the new ME. 

1 minute ago, sporadicsmiles said:

I just got stuck at the end of the match, unable to press continue to exit the match.. In the end I could escape by going on holiday for a day, but this is not normal. Anyone seen that? And which bug forum would be best to post that under? 

Raise a ticket in the Crashes sub forum

1 minute ago, Hibs1875 said:

Just out of interest is there anyone that likes ‘The Dugout’ thing? Just so surprised its on main game. 

I think it's pretty good to be honest; could do with a bit of tweaking here and there but overall I'm impressed. 

I would suggest a lot of people who aren't on this forum are fans too, if going by the Reviews is anything to go by. 

Is anyone else having an issue where some items / messages in the Inbox are in a white format against a white background? I had the same issue in the beta and assumed it would get fixed with the rollout last night. I would say its about 25% of the messages as the ones in black are fine. Has anyone else come across this and does anyone know how to fix this issue (I cant see anything in preferences?) Many thanks.

2 minutes ago, Chilled111 said:

Is anyone else having an issue where some items / messages in the Inbox are in a white format against a white background? I had the same issue in the beta and assumed it would get fixed with the rollout last night. I would say its about 25% of the messages as the ones in black are fine. Has anyone else come across this and does anyone know how to fix this issue (I cant see anything in preferences?) Many thanks.

Are you using the default skin?

2 hours ago, anindyarajan19 said:

Close range finishing is really bad for me. Even players with high finishing attributes like Messi love to smash the ball into the defender instead of picking out an open spot in the net. While Goalkeepers are no longer as OP in FM20, defenders seem to turn into prime Baresi whenever my striker takes a shot.

Anyone else having this problem?

Haha same here! Especially with strikers. Not as much with other players but it still happens. 

40 minutes ago, Cartopis84 said:

Loving the game so far but would love it even more if we could see who assisted the goal in that little pop up. Also the little circle on the bottom left of the screen telling us when our next fixture was was really useful and I hope its brought back. I also miss the match report individual player summaries we used to get and idk why it was removed. Besides this great game though and going tp spend countless hours on it lol.

this 1000x over

Downloaded the demo to make sure it worked ok on my machine and it runs great, the match engine is a real improvement and the loading times are spot on. However the UI and the font used are absolutely awful. I'm finding all that purple really harsh on the eyes and the fonts are the same, jagged around the edges. The match commentary box is far too small now. Hopefully someone can make a good skin. If we could have had the FM20 UI with that match engine and loading time improvements that would have been perfect for me.

1 minute ago, karanhsingh said:

Guys, is it recommended to start a new save or all the changes would apply to the Beta as well?

All bug fixes are save game compatible.  Any major data changes need  a new save to be implemented, although I dont think that there were any major changes from the beta

24 minutes ago, turgi said:

This is painful. So much space for nothing!

image.thumb.png.7f3e24c0d3370aa61c0533d55aaba5b1.png

Yes, and why not make the faces more easy to see and put them on their right places to me it looks like Stambouli is sitting in the managers chair 😀

3 minutes ago, FrazT said:

I dont think that there were any major changes in the ME that would radically affect match results

It's early days but first impressions are that it's harder to score and easier to concede. Might just be a dip in form but I'll add a screen a bit later showing results pre- and post-full game

6 minutes ago, FrazT said:

I am fairly sure that this is a graphics issue- I suggest that you raise a ticket in the Crashes sub forum and see if the tech guys can help

Thanks FrazT.

Thanks for your help and support and happy to do so. Can you tell me how I do it or send a link etc as not too good at this type of thing!

1 minute ago, jackritchie7 said:

so is there any changes to the beta ie bug fixed etc? would really like to know so I know it worthwhile starting a save.....

Of course it's worthwhile starting a save, that's the full game released now. Will there still be bugs? Probably, all games have them. As far as I can tell though, there's nothing gamebreaking right now, so fire in. 

Only 5 games in full release but it seems my Otto-matic (Otto Rehhagel tactic) worked better in beta than in full release. Defending seems to have worsened, my DC Cover doesn't sweep up as much as he did before. Also opponent strikers hit the target and score easier while my strikers seem to have more blocked shots than anything else. Furthermore, Otto-matic relies on set pieces. Not a single set piece goal since full release :(

Agree with post above stating "

• Now I often lose although I play much better than my oponnent (better via xG indicator)"

FM21.jpg

Edited by DJ Sir Matthew

Just now, Dagenham_Dave said:

Of course it's worthwhile starting a save, that's the full game released now. Will there still be bugs? Probably, all games have them. As far as I can tell though, there's nothing gamebreaking right now, so fire in. 

love that bud but do you know if there have been any updates/ patches/ fixes to the beta??? :):):)

2 hours ago, Umbiggy said:

What’s so extreme about brexit? It’s 17 foreigners and 8 homegrown players - which is in line with the CL squad requirements of 8 homegrown players anyway. Any kids through your academy will more than likely take British citizenship anyway to count as one of your 8. I don’t foresee it being a major issue tbh 

I just found the version I had was more restrictive than that I wish I could sign 17 foreign layers of my choice hehe

35 minutes ago, FrazT said:

All bug fixes are save game compatible.  Any major data changes need  a new save to be implemented, although I dont think that there were any major changes from the beta

How about league rules changes? The Belgian league didn't go back to 16 teams in the beta. Would I need to restart my game for this fix?

I dont see any downsides in releasing patch notes for the release version. Like even if you dont want them ... you lose nothing by not releasing them? Even a more generic version without diving into the details is good enough for most of us.

The argument "its a release version" doesnt make sense to me. As a programmer I see enough software going from beta > release that release patch notes. So thats my feedback. You lose nothing by doing it and its pretty common, so maybe consider that for next year. 

Edited by Double0Seven

1 minute ago, OxyG3N said:

I don't know how to say it better, but for me BETA matches were more entertaining than the FULL game release, even when I was loosing by 3+ goals I felt that I deserved that compared to how the game played and compared to the xG. Now after playing 7 games it feels more random in terms of xG and I don't enjoy watching the games as before. I don't know what they changed since I search for a release note patch for the new m.e., but there is no where to be found. (correct me if I'm wrong, but now it shows m.e. versione 21.2.0.0, it used to be 21.1.0.0 right?)

There were no major changes to the ME that would affect how the game plays out

3 minutes ago, FrazT said:

There were no major changes to the ME that would affect how the game plays out

Is this true? Brock said there were changes with regards to difficulty. This can only really happen if there were changes in how the ME plays. 

19 minutes ago, DJ Sir Matthew said:

I have to applaud you for keeping up with continuing to answer the same questions with the same answers in such a calm fashion. 

I appreciate the reply was just making sure. That's all hope that isn't such a big deal to yourself "sir" Matthew.

Edited by jackritchie7

1 hour ago, turgi said:

This is painful. So much space for nothing!

image.thumb.png.7f3e24c0d3370aa61c0533d55aaba5b1.png

Other screens also fall to this. Waste of space, text to small and all over the screen.  The eye strain is serious.

IF i zoom in too much all other parts become too big.