Football Manager 2021 Official Feedback Thread

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone else finding it still unsatisfyingly easy?

I'm still unbeaten, have just battered a team in the division above me, and rarely give the opposition a chance. Playing a 5-2-2-1 asymmetric tika-taka based formation with a few tweaks (not a downloaded tactic, this is something I threw together that I expected to have to make changes to each game, but so far it's been absurdly good), with a team projected to finish mid-table at best.

As I've said elsewhere the look and feel of the ME this year is fantastic, but unless I've just been lucky so far the challenge is non-existent...

2 minutes ago, HCFC87 said:

I'm still unbeaten, have just battered a team in the division above me, and rarely give the opposition a chance. Playing a 5-2-2-1 asymmetric tika-taka based formation with a few tweaks (not a downloaded tactic, this is something I threw together that I expected to have to make changes to each game, but so far it's been absurdly good), with a team projected to finish mid-table at best.

As I've said elsewhere the look and feel of the ME this year is fantastic, but unless I've just been lucky so far the challenge is non-existent...

Try Wycombe in the Championship? Seriously there are challenges out there. 

15 minutes ago, HCFC87 said:

My main problem is that away teams just coming to defend the never attacks even if they loosing.

4 hours ago, Jamman said:

Oh dear, what have you done to the match day UI? Dont want to be overdramatic but its ruined for me.

Feared the worse from screenshots and the odd stream pre-release but after trying demo its as bad as I thought.

It looks nice enough and some of the touches are nice, the team list and the TV like goal graphics, but as a football management game its awful.

When Im watching the game I want more than pretty presentation, I want to see stats and information that give me a quick and easy view of how the game is going, how we are performing and how each player is doing. When there is no information on the screen apart from that bottom bar I cant see anything and to get what I used to be able to see at a glance whilst the game is going on you have to keep popping the stats up. Ive attached the view I normally have in 2020, theres normally a league view too. As you can see I have all the information at a glance whilst watching the game, now I dont see any of it without manually checking.

This for me is a massive step back from previous versions and looks dumbed down.

This is the first version of FM Ive seen since 92 that I havent bought at release and I cant see myself buying it at all.

gameview.jpg

Raised this along with other issues in Beta - No changes, which fine, it was a big ask. But no official response either other than 'wrong subforum' which is pretty poor considering the popularity of the response.

28 minutes ago, Den1ss said:

Hello, I'd like to give some suggestions for the UI in matches,

If you look at the first image I uploaded, its taken between highlights in a match, the first thing I notice is the names of the teams are very small and cut in half. I think that scoreboard should be larger

The second is that we cant change or add different things to the panels, more stats for example or analysis like body language.

The other image is the match review when you click the result on the calendar.

Theres no "Watch goals" or "Watch highlights button" if you want to see them for example on a match you have skipped.

And again small scoreboard and a lot of empty space instead of showing some of the most used panels like average positions.

Thanks for the work!

20201124232341_1.jpg

20201124235605_1.jpg

Are you saying you can't watch highlights of past matches either your own team or other teams in your league

1 hour ago, BamBamBam said:

I think it’s safe to say the match UI is getting mostly the thumbs down. 
Lack of information and customisation is disappointing.

According to the poll during the beta, it was about 55/45 on the forum, and there's plenty of people liking it in reviews on Steam, so I wouldn't take the view of the comparatively small community on the forums as gospel.

1 hour ago, BamBamBam said:

I think it’s safe to say the match UI is getting mostly the thumbs down. 
Lack of information and customisation is disappointing.

None of us like change and the UI is a big step away from the previous- it is safe to assume that it wont be going back to the old view and  maybe, as some users have already posted, we will get used to it as the weeks go by

As an idea it would be better if the bottom tables that we have when we minimise the lineup, were in the middle of the screen which is pretty much empty, so we can keep the lineup up and have more match information.

Also please bring back the option of seeing your players Body Language at first glance, instead of having to go to "Tactics" for it, as it was in the BETA thanks.

B1.jpg

B2.jpg

Edited by Sharkn20

5 minutes ago, Double0Seven said:

Speak for yourself. I'm all for change. Good change with proper reasoning behind them.

Not changes such as removing the dark skin or having a lot of empty space for nothing in certain places. I don't understand why you would remove useful features and not give people at least the option to turn it back on. Or at least reasons with us why it's removed like the percentages for fitness etc.

If this is the change SI want and people are giving feedback they don't like it I think that's fine. I dont think this forum or steam reviews represent enough people but I also have read from some people working in UI give feedback that this is terrible use of space etc. I think the feedback from actual experts is worth a ton more than the average person. 

I don´t like the inability to check in this Screen during the game, having to wait until half time or full time to see it.

We also don´t have the screen with the roles of the opposite players after 20+ minutes... I don´t know why they took that information away.

image.thumb.png.b5e024f2bcb57916b67606e75e889fab.pngWe also don´t 

1 hour ago, Sharkn20 said:

As an idea it would be better if the bottom tables that we have when we minimise the lineup, were in the middle of the screen which is pretty much empty, so we can keep the lineup up and have more match information.

Also please bring back the option of seeing your players Body Language at first glance, instead of having to go to "Tactics" for it, as it was in the BETA thanks.

B1.jpg

B2.jpg

u can? check the bottom left square
image.png.3cf7cc6a34e22cb77a3347111628762a.png

also, to make the tablet bigger, drag the left side, look at my mouse pointer in this pic, top left of the tablet.
image.png.0a9857e8b87f905e071e1db5546b0f27.png

Edited by kertiek

Does anyone know how to get Team Cohesion above GOOD?

Ive got excellent for Manager Support and Dressing Room Atmosphere, but cant get better than good for Team Cohesion.

Im winning the Championship and done a few Outreach blocks to try to improve cohesion.

Is there something else I should do?

tried the swap positions and now is working without the problem that it had in fm20, in fm20 the players only changed positions once and never come back to the original position, meaning an AML and AMR changed positions and stayed for the rest of the game in with the swapped positions.

just tried it in 21.1.0 and they changed back and forth 5 times during a full match, this is a really nice change that i wanted for a while, whole new ways to complicate and  **** up my own tactics, nice.

18 minutes ago, kertiek said:

u can? check the bottom left square
image.png.3cf7cc6a34e22cb77a3347111628762a.png

also, to make the tablet bigger, drag the left side, look at my mouse pointer in this pic, top left of the tablet.
image.png.0a9857e8b87f905e071e1db5546b0f27.png

That's very revealing man, thank you very much, is that with the lineup also at the bottom?

1 hour ago, Tony Wright 747 said:

Are you saying you can't watch highlights of past matches either your own team or other teams in your league

You can watch but you need to click play and then click on each goal separately, in past FMs we had a button "Watch goals" that loads them all up with 1 click.

2 hours ago, Freakiie said:

One year contract, probably no interest in resigning, while 17m is a tad low (is that 17m flat or 17m+ clauses since irl he was supposed to cost around 25m), it's not that strange of a transfer.

+ John stones signed for Liverpool for just about 14M

I dont know its too low for me 

1 hour ago, WilltheWolf92 said:

Hi guys, I tried to post this is at this page below but I couldn't post anything in it.

Zinho Vanheusden from Standard Liège is injured for +7 months and in the game he's fit, injury happened 2 weeks ago.

It is likely that the injury happened after data lock

3 minutes ago, WilltheWolf92 said:

Hi FrazT, thanks for getting back to me, will this being updated in the next updates?

Goodevening and very happy so far with the game

If it has been reported, the relevant researchers can advise if and when it will be included- check the data issues threads

11 minutes ago, WilltheWolf92 said:

Hi FrazT, thanks for getting back to me, will this being updated in the next updates?

I have had a quick look through the Belgium data Issues thread and I cant see any report about this- to be safe please report it there and at least they will be aware of the issue.

1 hour ago, WilltheWolf92 said:

Quite often injures that took place after the start of the league aren't included, so it might not be included until the Winter Transfer Update, unless SI decide he should be removed via injury for most of the season.

1 hour ago, Den1ss said:

You can watch but you need to click play and then click on each goal separately, in past FMs we had a button "Watch goals" that loads them all up with 1 click.

Yes i find this frustrating too . Has it been logged as a bug ?

It baffles me why perfectly functioning features are changed for seemingly no reason, often to their detriment.

It's a minor thing, but on the set piece creator screen, the set piece instruction label (MK, LFP etc.) now overlaps the player position label (MCL, STR etc.) so it's not possible to see at a glance which player is my MCL, MCR and what their instructions are until I hover over the icon to find out.

I just dont understand why design decisions like that are made? Unless it's a screen display issue?

EDIT: Another one; probably been mentioned but on the much-maligned new teamtalk layout, if I want to give different individual feedback to different players, I have to select Individual tab> hunt for the right player checkbox> select feedback. Thing is, once feedback is selected, the checkbox disappears, so if I want to give other feedback to a different individual I have to select a different tab (i.e. attackers) and reselect Individual for the checkbox to come back. 

These cosmetic "enhancements" so often add nothing to the game experience and just result in more bugs, in my opinion

Edited by AlexJames

4 hours ago, FrazT said:

None of us like change and the UI is a big step away from the previous- it is safe to assume that it wont be going back to the old view and  maybe, as some users have already posted, we will get used to it as the weeks go by

I'm happy with with change if its for the better. This is not.

3 hours ago, kertiek said:

tried the swap positions and now is working without the problem that it had in fm20, in fm20 the players only changed positions once and never come back to the original position, meaning an AML and AMR changed positions and stayed for the rest of the game in with the swapped positions.

just tried it in 21.1.0 and they changed back and forth 5 times during a full match, this is a really nice change that i wanted for a while, whole new ways to complicate and  **** up my own tactics, nice.

Something I don't think has ever worked (in my experience) is when you try and cancel the swap, particularly if you make a sub and don't want those players swapping now. I stopped doing it because on every version I can remember, the swap still happens even when you've cancelled it and specifically told the players not to.

I'll have to give it a try and properly report it if it still happens.

17 hours ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

Of course it's worthwhile starting a save, that's the full game released now. Will there still be bugs? Probably, all games have them. As far as I can tell though, there's nothing gamebreaking right now, so fire in. 

Unfortunately in the Spanish third tier they've somehow managed to replace the actual promotion and relegation system with something which can be best described as "the tombola" system, and it's pretty astonishing that this has made it through to the full release tbh

5 minutes ago, TheVerySpecialOne said:

Can't continue after a league game. Is that a known issue?

I have seen one or wo other reports like this- please, however report it in the Crashes subforum of the main FM 21 Bugs forum as the more examples the team have, the easier it is to fix it.  As far as I recall, you can go on holiday for a day to continue the game for now

42 minutes ago, Bruce Drundrige said:

Something I don't think has ever worked (in my experience) is when you try and cancel the swap, particularly if you make a sub and don't want those players swapping now. I stopped doing it because on every version I can remember, the swap still happens even when you've cancelled it and specifically told the players not to.

I'll have to give it a try and properly report it if it still happens.

tried this and worked ok, the subbed player never swapped positions after i did the sub and canceled the swapping.

one thing tho, i dont use personalized positions, they are bugged.

Anybody elses xG table looking like this at the end of the season? Every team in the league is outscoring the xG, and nearly every team is out conceding the xG. Surely this means the xG is being underestimated? 

Maybe it's just a fluke season.

Screenshot 2020-11-25 at 04.58.42.png

6 hours ago, pizzachips said:

SI- I love pre match games ( not just semis/final like the beta) few screenies and team news with league table. thumbs up

image.thumb.png.22325df877dfc6551f84e45cee5def8e.png

Is there anyway you can pause it? I like in depth look into the team I'm playing where I can click them. You can't click them on the teamsheet! 

I've lost count of the amount of screenshots I've seen in here of stats, views, screens, tools, features that I have just never seen.

I wonder how much of FM is lost like that, whether because of long-term players sticking told habits or a lack of ease and intuition in finding, or even just items being gated behind certain circumstances. I expect all 3, and in my case certainly a lot of the 1st one

6 hours ago, 2feet said:

Does anyone know how to get Team Cohesion above GOOD?

Ive got excellent for Manager Support and Dressing Room Atmosphere, but cant get better than good for Team Cohesion.

Im winning the Championship and done a few Outreach blocks to try to improve cohesion.

Is there something else I should do?

Make sure there are two extra curricular training sessions a week

community outreach and team building 

it helps a lot 

Edited by bigman

7 hours ago, FrazT said:

The UI is this year's FM Marmite; you either love it or you hate it. There's no middle ground. After playing it for a couple of weeks and seeing how it's slightly better in the full version I kinda like it. Or at least I'm getting used to it.

Big thumbs up from me.

Does anyone know if these screens are accessible in 21 or are they another of the many things lost in the undocumented changes?

3.thumb.PNG.aea84e7eff60b4b8435acb3e0db4b249.PNG4.thumb.PNG.e8844001f9428ffaf456deb072e23806.PNG

Good odds I am missing something obvious but I cant seem to find them again

Edited by witticism
spelling