Football Manager 2021 Official Feedback Thread

1 hour ago, Johnny Ace said:

Have to agree with this, I think it's taken an unfortunate step toward FM20. I didn't play a lot last night, I sped through 9 games on Extended highlights. I saw a nice variation of goals but plenty of fullback to winger for a headed goal, absolute Hollywood passes out wide (like ridiculous 50 yard passes when I'm not set to play that way) when there's an easy central option to pass to & inside forward dribbling inside, totally ignoring any central players making runs & popping a ball over to the opposite flank, it gave me shudders to be honest :lol:  

There's been no real changes to the ME...

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Pav_Makarov said:

Just bought 21 (with the only purpose of finally dropping worst FM in the history aka 20).

Am I getting the correct impression, that this year's FM is filled with UI bugs and I'd better wait for a fix before starting main long-term save?

Not a bug but many people struggle to adapt to a new style and give up their previous habits. For me apart from the omission of quick sub everything is fine, nothing game changing. 

9 hours ago, CJG21 said:

Anybody elses xG table looking like this at the end of the season? Every team in the league is outscoring the xG, and nearly every team is out conceding the xG. Surely this means the xG is being underestimated? 

Maybe it's just a fluke season.

Screenshot 2020-11-25 at 04.58.42.png

I dont even know where the xG table is tbqh

I know in theory the ME was not modified from beta to full release... But I'm seeing a lot of the things that annoyed me from FM20 back again. The bullets long shots from players with 5 on that attributes, the missiles and long passes from center backs who looks like Pirlo, and even the general pace of the game it's higher right now.

Anyone else having this feeling? Maybe it was just a couple of bad matches.

On 24/11/2020 at 16:10, SebastianRO said:

I just want to say that the "in between highlights" screen is the biggest waste of space I have seen in FM ever. The dugout feed was completly blank all game and just have a look at what information appeared on my screen and where.

1. Information should appear in the centre of the screen as much as possible since that is where the human eye tends to focus on

2. The in between highlights screen should provide all (or at least a lot) of information about the current match

This edition is so much better that the previous one in every single regard, but the match day experience.

BTW I play on 1920 x 1080 144hz 

P.S The dugout feed started to provide information in min 67.

20201124080633_1.jpg

It's the most stupid and non-sense thing I've ever seen in my >10 years playing fm

1. waste of space on the left of the 'tablet' -  3 columns were not enough already but SI is non-sense enough to cut from 3 columns in the beta to 2 columns 

2. a big waste for space in that 'tablet' that half of it is used to show non-playing subs' rating - how it is useful for us? The 'precious' space is more than enough to show the opposition's formation and own team's rating + goals + assists altogether

3. extremely not user friendly that we have to move our mouse and click on that nano-scale button on mouse every time to see those essential info that we should keep an eye on during matches. If SI thinks a switch is a must to turn our vision from the pitch to 'tablet', they should at least make a keyboard shortcut

4. the player's rating row in the bottom is more than enough to also show players' assists and sharpness but SI chose to make our experience even harder

Edited by 98765431

Why has  scouting  ui changed so you can't search generally for player profiles anymore.

Like technical ,smart, physical,ect.

The new scouting interface makes it so non intuitive and hard to use for the sake of it .

I never get to use the feature to scout for specific players and position , it takes way too long is too specific and is just much faster to manual look at players and filter attributes.

The general scouting for certain player profiles was a nice pre filtering so you could then chose among those players for the attributes  you want .

A lot for the ui changes seem to be made not with usability and work flow in mind ,like the mentioned scouting interface or press conferences layout or match day ui .

It might look better but it's not easier to use and needs more steps to execute something while it should  be the other way around .

This game is basically like work so if you make a ui which aims for looks instead of improving work flow it's just annoying and just increases the number of clicks per actions for no reason .

Edited by thejay

1 minute ago, Nahuelzn said:

I know in theory the ME was not modified from beta to full release... But I'm seeing a lot of the things that annoyed me from FM20 back again. The bullets long shots from players with 5 on that attributes, the missiles and long passes from center backs who looks like Pirlo, and even the general pace of the game it's higher right now.

It was said earlier in the thread that some things outside of the match engine had been tuned that could affect the players during a match - I have no idea what that would be. but I think morale and complacency was mentioned.  What I will say from my own game is that the play doesn't seem as incisive now as during the beta, but I've dropped a division and my team cohesion still leaves a bit to be desired, so I'm not going to assume the release version is suffering from mild FM20-itis just yet.

41 minutes ago, themadsheep2001 said:

There's been no real changes to the ME...

Yes it has, and its for the better I belive. I have played this game for 142 hours, and the full release for over 20. I dont know how you define "real changes", but its for sure not the same as in beta :lol::lol:

Just now, Dissepointed said:

Yes it has, and its for the better I belive. I have played this game for 142 hours, and the full release for over 20. I dont know how you define "real changes", but its for sure not the same as in beta :lol::lol:

No, it hasn't and that's been stated by SI themselves:

"In terms of ME AI changes, there was nothing major, but there were changes to fix various bloopers/refereeing issues and some minor balancing (but nothing that would drastically affect how the ME plays yet)"

For all intents and purposes its basically the same as Beta

9 minutes ago, Nahuelzn said:

I see the same, dont know how to define modify or change, but the long shot midfielder merchants are back, so are the long balls splitting the defense, the defenders seems alot more uninteligent, the annoying offsides, there are for sure some ghosts from FM20 ME back. Its for sure not the same it was during the beta period

3 minutes ago, themadsheep2001 said:

No, it hasn't and that's been stated by SI themselves:

"In terms of ME AI changes, there was nothing major, but there were changes to fix various bloopers/refereeing issues and some minor balancing (but nothing that would drastically affect how the ME plays yet)"

For all intents and purposes its basically the same as Beta

I know what I see, its for sure not the same as in the beta. This post you link to doesnt answer anything anyway, what is major? what is balancing? It has changed, Even the 1 vs 1, thankfully. The AI probably not, but the players Im managing for sure doesnt act like they did a week ago

Edited by Dissepointed

14 minutes ago, Nahuelzn said:

It sure feels like it's changed to me... and I'm not 50% sure of that, I'm 100% sure.

1 minute ago, Dissepointed said:

I know what I see, its for sure not the same as in the beta. This post you link to doesnt answer anything anyway, what is major? what is balancing? It has changed, Even the 1 vs 1, thankfully

And you'd be factually incorrect. Whether you believe it or not is upto you, but telling other people things have changed when they havent really isn't on as its misinformation

2 minuti fa, Dissepointed ha scritto:

I see the same, dont know how to define modify or change, but the long shot midfielder merchants are back, so are the long balls splitting the defense, the defenders seems alot more uninteligent, the annoying offsides, there are for sure some ghosts from FM20 ME back. Its for sure not the same it was during the beta period

all these things were in beta. long shots, offsides, over the top miracle passes... 

however, they are not as prominent as previous version(s) and the central play and defending is better than, dare I say, it ever was.

Just now, MBarbaric said:

all these things were in beta. long shots, offsides, over the top miracle passes... 

however, they are not as prominent as previous version(s) and the central play and defending is better than, dare I say, it ever was.

Yep, and changes to these would be major changes that wouldn't happen (if at all) till update 1 at the earliest

Just now, MBarbaric said:

I agree that the ME is better than the last year, who really doesnt.

2 minutes ago, MBarbaric said:

Theres no way i would say that central play has been the best it ever has been, makes me question are we playing the same game here.

36 minutes ago, Tony Wright 747 said:

What wheel are you refering to, can you not do it from the fixture list

The one I have the mouse pointer on, right next to the "Play" up in the top right corner. There you can press the drop down menu under "View highlights" and press "Goals" then all goals will be played. That was what the guys asked for, if I understood it correctly.

7 hours ago, Womaz said:

I  think I am getting used to the Match UI, but I wish I could disable the dugout. Its full of useless information and I dont even look at it now.

The ME is great though , still needs improvement on defending and GK, but its a massive improvement and there are some lovely moves. Also it appears to me that the Graphics are much better and the game runs much more smoothly.

during a match? click the button bottom right and it removes the dugout visual

1 minuto fa, iAlwaysWin ha scritto:

Theres no way i would say that central play has been the best it ever has been, makes me question are we playing the same game here.

in fm17 the central play might have been "better" but only because the defesive positioning was absolutely awful. now, the defence is way better while possession is also better than anything since fm17.

i think the match engine is pretty much the same, what changed were things from outside that influence the performance at matchday, like fitness, now that we do not have the first eleven at 100% fitness almost every game, the dips in performance/form are more noticeable, also i been seeing more injuries, i had to lower the intensity of training to make the jadeness of the players more manageable because it was becoming a real problem after the 21.1.0 update.

i tend to do squad a lot of rotations and always prefer to have 2 players for each playing position but still the change in fitness was noticeable, with that and other things like morale ( the change to individual teamtalks for example) now am not doing an "i have faith in you" every game anymore bc am lazy and i just do not want to select every player one by one, and if u do that by groups, not everyone is with high morale after like it was when u said it to all the team at once ... i think those things outside the ME play a factor in the changes being perceived in performance/form when compared the beta to the live versions.

"so the changes in regard to difficulty were to external factors we identified that filtered through to the matchday" was part of the quote from SI - which probably explains why I was mid table last season in my beta save and now bottom in the next season.  Some of these factors are impacting what I see - ie. I'm giving away more penalties, conceding more, scoring less.  Of course, just for fun I plugged in a knap tactic and I won 4-2 after going 3-0 up in 10 minutes - fair enough a large part of the community plays with these tactics (maybe even the majority) but sucks it's adversely impacted on my enjoyment of the matches playing with a fairly sensible but in reality a little basic tactic.  I try tactically, but I'm not Rashidi - kinda feels like you have to be or play with an exploit tactic, which I don't want to do...

5 minutes ago, themadsheep2001 said:

Literally just quoted SI on this. You're not going to get a better source

Yeah, I read what they said, but from what I watch & see, even the ingame stats tell me, there have been changes. I've not even on time spent on versions yet though, did about 120 hours in beta & I've only done 15 or so in the full version 

6 minutes ago, Johnny Ace said:

Yeah, I read what they said, but from what I watch & see, even the ingame stats tell me, there have been changes. I've not even on time spent on versions yet though, did about 120 hours in beta & I've only done 15 or so in the full version 

But objectively not true though. There's not much point in SI coming in and mentioning stuff, if people are going to disregard what they say anyway. They might not put up  notes, but if there were significant changes to things like long shots, central play etc they would have mentioned it, which is why he said "but nothing that would drastically affect how the ME plays yet"

6 minutes ago, themadsheep2001 said:

But objectively not true though. There's not much point in SI coming in and mentioning stuff, if people are going to disregard what they say anyway

If only there were some sort of written log of the changes made available so we're not left refuting 'there were changes to the ME' with a quote that says 'some minor balancing'. 

Just now, themadsheep2001 said:

But objectively not true though. There's not much point in SI coming in and mentioning stuff, if people are going to disregard what they say anyway

I can see stats from my players & team from the beta & fullgame. Pass completion % ratios, key passes made, tackles, goals scored, assists & the sources of them. I played close to two full seasons (that's close on 100 matches) with the same tactic in the beta & only the final 9 games in the full release. Honestly, I can see a difference because I'm a stickler for how my tactic plays out. Wether it's my tactic, how I view things or it tied in with the end of season & my players were knackered/ bored, there's a difference for sure   

15 minutes ago, XaW said:

The one I have the mouse pointer on, right next to the "Play" up in the top right corner. There you can press the drop down menu under "View highlights" and press "Goals" then all goals will be played. That was what the guys asked for, if I understood it correctly.

I see where it is, but is that screen available for any past match in your league.  In the past if you clicked on the fixture list or results for any team in your league you had a choice of highlights, is that still the same.

Just now, Johnny Ace said:

I can see stats from my players & team from the beta & fullgame. Pass completion % ratios, key passes made, tackles, goals scored, assists & the sources of them. I played close to two full seasons (that's close on 100 matches) with the same tactic in the beta & only the final 9 games in the full release. Honestly, I can see a difference because I'm a stickler for how my tactic plays out. Wether it's my tactic, how I view things or it tied in with the end of season & my players were knackered/ bored, there's a difference for sure   

And they are much more likely to be tied to things that actually changed, like outside the ME

il y a 13 minutes, duesouth a dit :

"so the changes in regard to difficulty were to external factors we identified that filtered through to the matchday" was part of the quote from SI - which probably explains why I was mid table last season in my beta save and now bottom in the next season.  Some of these factors are impacting what I see - ie. I'm giving away more penalties, conceding more, scoring less.  Of course, just for fun I plugged in a knap tactic and I won 4-2 after going 3-0 up in 10 minutes - fair enough a large part of the community plays with these tactics (maybe even the majority) but sucks it's adversely impacted on my enjoyment of the matches playing with a fairly sensible but in reality a little basic tactic.  I try tactically, but I'm not Rashidi - kinda feels like you have to be or play with an exploit tactic, which I don't want to do...

Are your players good enough to compete at mid table? 

4 minutes ago, Tony Wright 747 said:

I see where it is, but is that screen available for any past match in your league.  In the past if you clicked on the fixture list or results for any team in your league you had a choice of highlights, is that still the same.

Yeah, I looked back a month or so for that one. I also tried a random match from last season in my league and the same worked. I also tried for a random team in my league from last season and that also showed me the goals when I did the same. So unless I'm misunderstanding you, it works fine.

57snZEP.png

0ndTD4d.png

DRJQKUW.png

Edited by XaW

1 minute ago, Sunstrikuuu said:

The words you quoted are a lot more ambiguous than, for example:

Or:

I follow a lot of different games, and development teams that release detailed patch notes are without exception more trusted than teams that don't.

While I understand your reason for asking, your reasoning is not the same for FM as for a MMO. The engine in FM is supposed to be unknown, and not easily for minmax-ing. It's mostly a single player game, so you are competing against the AI, not another player. So while certain things will be obvious when you look, this is not a game where SI will say "We have increased motion drop on the ball by 0.5%" in the release notes. It's just not that kind of game.

2 minutes ago, XaW said:

supposed to be unknown

that's the whole issue, it's a black box by design.

Appealing to authority in no way engenders any trust in something that is meant to be secretive by its very nature.

Edited by witticism
spelling

12 minutes ago, evilpimp972 said:

Are your players good enough to compete at mid table? 

I recruited well over the summer - so I believe so.  Perhaps wasn't so much last year.  Good enough to win away from home to a team 4th in the table with a knap tactic - which is a big part of my current frustration.

Edited by duesouth

Just now, XaW said:

While I understand your reason for asking, your reasoning is not the same for FM as for a MMO. The engine in FM is supposed to be unknown, and not easily for minmax-ing. It's mostly a single player game, so you are competing against the AI, not another player. So while certain things will be obvious when you look, this is not a game where SI will say "We have increased motion drop on the ball by 0.5%" in the release notes. It's just not that kind of game.

Right, and I get that, though plenty of single-player-only developers release detailed patch notes, too: look at Paradox, Firaxis or Playground Games.  But it turns into this situation where there's a developer quote saying 'we made minor changes', then someone says 'wow, this feels different, i think you made changes'.  The way to remove ambiguity is to post patch notes.

I just dont understand why they dont release patch notes or a change log. Its the only game ive played coming from Beta to full release without anything. Games do even have road maps.

And if anything, FM bare alot of similarity to GS games from Paradox

Edited by Dissepointed

3 minutes ago, CJG21 said:

My performance analyst sent me it at the end of the season (I think), along with some other stats.

I will keep an eye out, I dont recall having seen it in previous seasons and I did have a performance analyst. Thanks for looking out

Just now, Sunstrikuuu said:

Right, and I get that, though plenty of single-player-only developers release detailed patch notes, too: look at Paradox, Firaxis or Playground Games.  But it turns into this situation where there's a developer quote saying 'we made minor changes', then someone says 'wow, this feels different, i think you made changes'.  The way to remove ambiguity is to post patch notes.

Yes, and I agree, if it had been a patch. But you don't have release notes in a new game. You don't see devs pushing out "these are the issues we fixed before the game was released" in any game. They do whenever they do an actual patch (as they did just now, where they stated the they fixed crashes for Korean language).

Now, I agree, that since we here on the forum have mostly played the Beta, it feels like we got a patch, but in reality we just finally got the real game and what we played before was just a sneak peak.

1 minute ago, XaW said:

Yes, and I agree, if it had been a patch. But you don't have release notes in a new game. You don't see devs pushing out "these are the issues we fixed before the game was released" in any game. They do whenever they do an actual patch (as they did just now, where they stated the they fixed crashes for Korean language).

Now, I agree, that since we here on the forum have mostly played the Beta, it feels like we got a patch, but in reality we just finally got the real game and what we played before was just a sneak peak.

There's also the whole can of worms that it's only bad if it feels bad, if undocumented changes were received positively by a hypothetical end user no one would care for patch notes

1 minute ago, XaW said:

Well, Call of duty just did it. And hundreds of the 550 games I have in my steam library have done it, expecially the aRpgs I play