Football Manager 2019 Pre Release Beta *Official* Feedback Thread

3 minutes ago, Spurs08 said:

The license means that you weren't allowed to tell people it wasn't included before release?

They were going to do a feature reveal on the leagues they were going to remove but they got distracted replying to people like you asking moronic questions.

Hopefully they can get the licence for full release, but it'll be pretty easy to create in the editor even if they can't. 

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the moving dots in tactics, never bothered for them really as without a deeply thought through tactical system you seem to be just as good sadly. But seeing the systems before your eyes and how they should work is interesting. Also seeing those other skin screens and the purple even in action gives me hope it could be made into a pretty looking game after all too. Now i just wait for te guys that think they can start a decent career on a beta to sort out the worst bugs and se the most important community files trickle in . Then 3-4 days of setting up all the files and i look forward to playing a nice career come November with this one. I need a Germany file though badly i have badges into the 7th tier here for FM 17 would be a bit too much love for a 2 tier league. :-D

Couple of bits from me, I've only had 30 mins so far:

GOOD BITS:

• The game loads soooooo much quicker than 18. Like 45 seconds and I'm in rather than 4-5 minutes - Thank you
  • I really like the purple - didn't think I would, but I do, as someone who mainly plays in the Prem it actually feels pretty authentic
  • Manager faces look much better, the hair looks a lot less lego-y and the profile pics are much more human

BAD BITS:

• Don't seem to be able to add other favourite clubs. I click on it, select the team I want and click off, but when I go back on it's not there - not a major thing but a minor bugbear

vor 4 Minuten schrieb Huey Lewis:

They were going to do a feature reveal on the leagues they were going to remove but they got distracted replying to people like you asking moronic questions.

Hopefully they can get the licence for full release, but it'll be pretty easy to create in the editor even if they can't. 

No they wont them having the licence now for the 2 top leagues IS the reason they didnt include more i guess, 3rd German league always has been a different trick pony as has the National team in terms of licencing. And the DID try to not smash the fact it isnt in there out there, and thats ok. So the licence department istn the part of the game that did get less hours of work put into because of unimportant nagging.

16 minutes ago, Ruh Roh said:

The player attributes screen has a ton of dead space. The faces are also tiny, you can't see height + weight anywhere on the profile or attributes screen. Guess I'll have to download a skin when I can, these look like core design things that won't change

edit: well at least I found the height and weight lmao

amari.png

amari2.png

Where did you find height and weight? I can't find them on the attributes screen.

Like you say, the whole attributes screen has so much dead space. I'd really prefer the attributes box to be bigger.

2 minutes ago, frank_olaf said:

Where did you find height and weight? I can't find them on the attributes screen.

They are literally right underneath the physical attributes, same place as they're in every year. 

Agree about the dead space though. 

Wow...disabling first window now completely stops you doing anything, even offering trials, as opposed to eliminating the budget. This makes no sense from a realism standpoint as some leagues (like National League) doesn't even have a transfer window, and clubs can and do sign anyone up to January IRL. Seems like a pointless change.

fmtr.PNG

Edited by wateronglass

Have seen a couple of comments saying manager faces are improved. Am I the only one who thinks otherwise? Last year I generated a pretty spot on player character. This year, using the same image, I look like a fish-eyed monstrosity; eyes poking out in different directions and looking nothing like me.

5 minutes ago, frank_olaf said:

Like you say, the whole attributes screen has so much dead space. I'd really prefer the attributes box to be bigger.

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang_ Overview Profile.png

• SI Staff
1 minute ago, Impale said:

Have seen a couple of comments saying manager faces are improved. Am I the only one who thinks otherwise? Last year I generated a pretty spot on player character. This year, using the same image, I look like a fish-eyed monstrosity; eyes poking out in different directions and looking nothing like me.

Can you send me a PM with the image you tried? It should be working fine. Maybe try again and make sure the dot placements are 100% correct

vor 2 Minuten schrieb Spurs08:

I think I might have found a major bug - the CFA2 in France doesn't seem to be scheduling any fixtures. Just loading up FM18 to check if that's normal or not.

The CFA2 is not in the game. Do you mean group B of the CFA? 

• SI Staff
Just now, Spurs08 said:

Quite possible - the 4th tier in France. I use a names fix not the default competition names in-game.

There is a chance that those files will have caused the issue. It would be worth raising in our bugs forum for confirmation please.

Apologies for the stupid question but what is the name of the dark base skin so I could include the folder name into the skins folder and add certain pieces of information like the team squad.xml file panel and others. I know we have to wait for the game files at release date but it would be super if someone from SI can answer this. 

6 minutes ago, Jack Joyce said:

Can you send me a PM with the image you tried? It should be working fine. Maybe try again and make sure the dot placements are 100% correct

I found the eyes worse in the zoomed in picture of my manager in the creator, but the newsfeed portrait head is far far far better. Hope newgens follow suit.

35 minutes ago, Firehouse said:

I was only fiddling with training and tactics so far. I don't know if thats a bug, but I cant set all my players to train in my preferred roles. ie. I can only set Alessio Romagnoli as ball playing centre back on stopper, I cant set it on defend as I would want.

Aye this, can't train Pogba as Mezzala - Support, has to be Attack

• SI Staff
1 minute ago, harrycarrie said:

Aye this, can't train Pogba as Mezzala - Support, has to be Attack

This is a known issue. It is UI only, training goes ahead as requested.

Other than on the player profile page, where can I see which Role and Duty the player is best at?

On the attributes screen I can only see the role not the duty (there is no space for duty due to the page being poorly laid out) and on the Development > Tactics page I aslso only see the role, not the duty despite there being plenty of space.

• SI Staff
2 minutes ago, saihtam said:

Why there are outfield player training options for GK?  But no specific for GK?

Bailey Peacock-Farrell_ Development Training-2.png

I wouldn't say those were outfield - physical, set piece and passing.

The specific GK focuses are included in the training sessions.

vor 1 Minute schrieb OlukitzFudgey:

Seems a little low. 

This thread is for general feedback.

If you think there is an issue, something wrong or a bug, please open a thread in the bugs or data forum.

Just now, Seb Wassell said:

I wouldn't say those were outfield - physical, set piece and passing.

The specific GK focuses are included in the training sessions.

Focus for kicking, handling and throwing cant be assigned?

• SI Staff
1 minute ago, saihtam said:

Focus for kicking, handling and throwing cant be assigned?

There are Shot Stopping, Handling, Distribution and One-on-One sessions for GKs that are available for placing into a training schedule.

• SI Staff
1 minute ago, AJJ said:

Enjoying the game so far albeit only been playing just shy of an hour. Training looks incredibly complex this year. Might take a while to get used to that.

Allow me to point you over here -

:)

7 minutes ago, Whatawaster95 said:

I load up very large databases, around 200k players and loads of leagues. 

Pleasantly surprised at the time it took to create a new career, a lot faster than FM18. 

Hope the game processes faster as well!

I am in the week 3 now with 108 leagues (all) and thinking its faster.

59 minutes ago, gunner86 said:

Couple of bits from me, I've only had 30 mins so far:

BAD BITS:

• Don't seem to be able to add other favourite clubs. I click on it, select the team I want and click off, but when I go back on it's not there - not a major thing but a minor bugbear

I've managed to add two favorite clubs