Football Manager 2019 Pre Release Beta *Official* Feedback Thread

1 hour ago, gunner86 said:

Couple of bits from me, I've only had 30 mins so far:

GOOD BITS:

• The game loads soooooo much quicker than 18. Like 45 seconds and I'm in rather than 4-5 minutes - Thank you
  • I really like the purple - didn't think I would, but I do, as someone who mainly plays in the Prem it actually feels pretty authentic
  • Manager faces look much better, the hair looks a lot less lego-y and the profile pics are much more human

BAD BITS:

• Don't seem to be able to add other favourite clubs. I click on it, select the team I want and click off, but when I go back on it's not there - not a major thing but a minor bugbear

Did you transfer all the graphics over to FM 2019? ;)

Especially the faces are causing the extreme delay in loading times.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

my feedback

the scouting screen is all wierd keeps flashing and going red.

we should have been able to have the option to not have the players go onloan that have been agreed as im liverpool and would have kept 4 or 5 at the club

example of that is karius went onloan at the end of the window but as hes onloan at the beginning and the other 2 are on hols until season starts im without a keeper for pre season except kids

Well since I am at work (in America) and cant play yet I have not seen much of ME talk. I am guessing no talking is no issues? I know that is asking alot and the ME will never be perfect but I am holding out hope. I was happy with last years so they can only improve.

Trevor L

One of the youtube videos from earlier claimed that you could give central defenders a Libero instruction. That instruction is missing for me. Also, at one time I could not set my DL to Fullback instruction - when I left the screen and came back the Fullback option became available.

Just now, Thengil said:

One of the youtube videos from earlier claimed that you could give central defenders a Libero instruction. That instruction is missing for me. Also, at one time I could not set my DL to Fullback instruction - when I left the screen and came back the Fullback option became available.

The libero is an option in a 3 man defence.

Just now, Thengil said:

only applies to a back 3 the one in the middle

• Administrators
9 minutes ago, king_karl said:

Just went onto the set piece menu, the set-piece takers are pre-selected but they are also selected alongside some players who don't play for me. Interesting. 

Screen Shot 2018-10-18 at 21.16.54.png

This is on the known issues list. 

5 minutes ago, DP said:

Ok so what is the actual problem?

The problem is that GDPR requires that companies allow people to "opt in" before processing their data and that opting in mustn't be a condition of fulfilling a contract (for instance a licence to play FM19). If not fixed this could be quite expensive for SI.

Gerade eben schrieb Gangor:

The problem is that GDPR requires that companies allow people to "opt in" before processing their data and that opting in mustn't be a condition of fulfilling a contract (for instance a licence to play FM19). If not fixed this could be quite expensive for SI.

But there is a difference between personal data and game data?

9 minutes ago, DP said:

Ok so what is the actual problem?

There isn't one I've not started in game yet, but have set up my manager and preferences and option is there to turn it off, if the person who you quoted had read the last post its basically an option that is automatically on, just untick the box, and it is only game data, no personal info, the tick box is targeted advertising iirc

Edited by toffee71

45 minutes ago, GOODNAME said:

How i can cancel the highlights abilities bold when i see a player profile ? 

It's the same as the last few versions, its done from the Player Overview -> Profile screen, on the left in the Positions box click the Highlight menu and you can turn it off from there.

Has anyone else noticed that you can now save your game setup? If you always start your games with the same leagues loaded and a certain database size, you can save that setup and load it again whenever you want to.

I don't know if that was in FM18 (I only ever played the demo), but that is something I really like. :thup:

Edited by CFuller

7 minutes ago, KUBI said:

But there is a difference between personal data and game data?

Ah, but is Personal Identifiable Information: it's very much apparent that your users will be putting in their real name, birth date, nationality and such. All PII according to GDPR. There is no reason to store this at any other place than locally on our machines. You need to make very sure you only transfer needed data (age gate might be one) to your systems.

And you need to make sure you have a process for your users where we can ask you to provide us with all data you have about us, and ask you to delete it. The privacy policy on the footballmanager.com website links to sega. Apparently I can contact them via email address. 

5 minutes ago, pauly15 said:

Reports on injured players in matches could improve. Managers get more than "potential lower leg injury"

They want to keep it as real as possible...u don't know until u run scans and stuff like that after the match when player goes to hospital ..what exactly happened ...I think what si have here is perfectly fine .

vor 3 Minuten schrieb blue heron:

Ah, but is Personal Identifiable Information: it's very much apparent that your users will be putting in their real name, birth date, nationality and such. All PII according to GDPR. There is no reason to store this at any other place than locally on our machines. You need to make very sure you only transfer needed data (age gate might be one) to your systems.

And you need to make sure you have a process for your users where we can ask you to provide us with all data you have about us, and ask you to delete it. The privacy policy on the footballmanager.com website links to sega. Apparently I can contact them via email address. 

The game data collection is anonymous.

The calendar that shows while the game is continuing is very poor in my opinion, at least in 'dark' skin anyway.

Can it please be an option in the preferences screen to remove the training detail from the continue game calendar? I see why some would want it, but for me it's just clutter so optional toggle would be good. 

Edited by Per Annum

1 hour ago, wateronglass said:

Wow...disabling first window now completely stops you doing anything, even offering trials, as opposed to eliminating the budget. This makes no sense from a realism standpoint as some leagues (like National League) doesn't even have a transfer window, and clubs can and do sign anyone up to January IRL. Seems like a pointless change.

fmtr.PNG

I second this, just started a save with this on thinking it'd remove the budget, not enforce a transfer embargo down to free loans and trials. I've gone to a small club and planned to get some loans and free agents in, bearing in mind these clubs normally are bolstered by short term loans and as mentioned can sign free agents.

I know its early and this is beta, but it looks like my observations from Alpha videos are right, there are just too many goals scored from crosses. I'm playing gegenpress 4-2-3-1 with inside forwards on support duty to encourage through balls and an AP on attack duty to also encourage through balls, every thing else is standard. Pretty much every goal so far has come from a cross. 

Please tell me the Devs are aware and its gonna be balanced a little better for full release? 

I actually think it's much better - it's what Ive wanted that option to do for years

Your either choosing to play the game where you can sign players, in accordance to your budget, ie free transfers etc if your a small club, or your choosing to play with the absolute starting database, which is what Ive always wanted

If you choose the latter, you can be gaurenteed teams will line up as they start the game, thats what that option should offer imo

Gerade eben schrieb Weller1980:

I know its early and this is beta, but it looks like my observations from Alpha videos are right, there are just too many goals scored from crosses. I'm playing gegenpress 4-2-3-1 with inside forwards on support duty to encourage through balls and an AP on attack duty to also encourage through balls, every thing else is standard. Pretty much every goal so far has come from a cross. 

Please tell me the Devs are aware and its gonna be balanced a little better for full release? 

Please report it in the bugs forum with added pkms.

There must have been a shedload if optimisation done for this version (running on Mac here)

on 17 and 18 I ran the ME on 3D with low detail and it was ok. Not great, but only a little kidders.

on 19 it’s absolutrly buttery smooth on High detail. Same for scrolling long lists too. Really impressed.

First of all, I'm really happy with this year's FM.

Right now though, I only have one notable gripe. 

image.thumb.png.38d6acc42d642e8de5ded5f8acee3f43.png

All values for money appear to be in red, which throws me personally off as thinking the value's are negative values, which makes me think my club is 61m in debt.

2 minutes ago, TopToffee said:

There must have been a shedload if optimisation done for this version (running on Mac here)

on 17 and 18 I ran the ME on 3D with low detail and it was ok. Not great, but only a little kidders.

on 19 it’s absolutrly buttery smooth on High detail. Same for scrolling long lists too. Really impressed.

Also very happy that the retina support bug has been fixed.

• Administrators
2 minutes ago, xray1324 said:

First of all, I'm really happy with this year's FM.

Right now though, I only have one notable gripe. 

image.thumb.png.38d6acc42d642e8de5ded5f8acee3f43.png

All values for money appear to be in red, which throws me personally off as thinking the value's are negative values, which makes me think my club is 61m in debt.

Don't think it should be like that, worth raising on the UI bugs forum. 

Just won my first title, Community Shield game ended 3-2, Gabriel Jesus did hattrick, and missed one penalty (Aguero) and one goal was offside. 16-9 shots, 45-55 possesion. Used 442 Attacking tactic.

Gerade eben schrieb Per Annum:

I much preferred the old scouting centre, the new one has so much wasted space and, again, the player picture size is far too small. 

There will be third party skins which could address this. In the scouting center you could also click on 'list" to see the players without a picture. :)

13 minutes ago, CFuller said:

Has anyone else noticed that you can now save your game setup? If you always start your games with the same leagues loaded and a certain database size, you can save that setup and load it again whenever you want to.

I don't know if that was in FM18 (I only ever played the demo), but that is something I really like. :thup:

This I like only once I have to  go through all that palava, well twice if I do a journeyman

5 minutes ago, CelticCelticCeltic said:

I actually think it's much better - it's what Ive wanted that option to do for years

Your either choosing to play the game where you can sign players, in accordance to your budget, ie free transfers etc if your a small club, or your choosing to play with the absolute starting database, which is what Ive always wanted

If you choose the latter, you can be gaurenteed teams will line up as they start the game, thats what that option should offer imo

I always have no first transfer window, tough lower down but always doable and there has been in past a way to cheat a bit i.e put all gk into first team and you might just get a nice surprise, and have already decided this year am only going to use the first db after full release will add leagues but not player transfers, only other little cheat I will use on full is a little new stadium in 2022 for my boys

3 minutes ago, Per Annum said:

I much preferred the old scouting centre, the new one has so much wasted space and, again, the player picture size is far too small. 

So you preferred FM18's scouting cards which had acres of 'wasted space' compared to the new ones?