Football Manager 2017 Official Feedback Thread

I'm sure it has been said a few times already, but the stupid media question that pops up every time you take someone on trial really has to go. I'm sure it's fine at the top level where trials are very rare (and pointless), but being a lower league manager where you have to offer lots of trials it gets a bit tiresome having to answer the same exact question the same exact way for 783 times.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've noticed recently that players who previously could play the ball back to the keeper seem to be stupidly now putting the ball out for corners and at times when the ball is clearly rolling out for a goalkick they'll suddenly sprint to the ball and knock it out for a corner.

On 11/19/2016 at 13:51, Welshace said:

That's what I was asking ..... From your one sentence post, no-one can comprehend whether it's realistic or not...

If it's something you are seeing week in week out.. post it in the correct place and it can get looked at and sorted.

What's so hard to comprehend about Spurs winning 9-2 in a FA Cup semifinal against Arsenal being realistic or not ? 

2 minutes ago, Georgik said:

What's so hard to comprehend about Spurs winning 9-2 at away at Arsenal being realistic or not ? 

As a one off match you can't say its not possible, if it happens a lot thats a different matter though.

IRL Man Utd beat Arsenal 8-2 a few years ago, was that unrealistic?

33 minutes ago, Georgik said:

What's so hard to comprehend about Spurs winning 9-2 in a FA Cup semifinal against Arsenal being realistic or not ? 

Because silly scorelines happen?  And because it's not spurs and arsenal of now or recent years ..  it's those sides a few years down the line where we have no idea what has happened to them? and because we don't know if it's an isolated anomaly or happens week in week out for OP?

How many variables do you need to see that it's not a clear cut issue?

1 hour ago, Äktsjon Männ said:

I'm sure it has been said a few times already, but the stupid media question that pops up every time you take someone on trial really has to go. I'm sure it's fine at the top level where trials are very rare (and pointless), but being a lower league manager where you have to offer lots of trials it gets a bit tiresome having to answer the same exact question the same exact way for 783 times.

I've found that those questions are optional so the game will let you skip past them without having to answer them, which at least saves a couple of clicks.

20 hours ago, Cougar2010 said:

Neither have I, maybe something to do with having a data analyst?

I have it coming up and I am playing in the Conference South so don't have a data analyst, however it doesn't always come up as I've just tried to scout several players now from the various different screens and it hasn't come up once, so I have no idea what causes it to be asked or not.

6 minutes ago, michaeltmurrayuk said:

I have it coming up and I am playing in the Conference South so don't have a data analyst, however it doesn't always come up as I've just tried to scout several players now from the various different screens and it hasn't come up once, so I have no idea what causes it to be asked or not.

I spent two seasons in the Vanarama North, and I never seen this once. In fact, as I said earlier, I've not seen it at all. Very strange, I wonder what triggers it. I thought it was maybe just players who had agents, but I'm sure I've had scout reports from represented players before. 

32 minutes ago, michaeltmurrayuk said:

I've found that those questions are optional so the game will let you skip past them without having to answer them, which at least saves a couple of clicks.

I've realised that as well now, but it still shouldn't exist in this form. I've had over 30 players on trial in my current pre season (new team in conf. north) so it's over 30 times I've been asked the same exact question by the same exact journalist.

44 minutes ago, stevemc said:

No one will ever convince me that this, is better than an actual photographic assigned to myself:

24mrn1l.png

Looks terrible.

Error of judgement IMO to remove the option to assign a picture too.

there suld be "post your in game photo" thread so we get few laughs.

The large amounts of goals in a match happen more frequently when comparing with previous FM. At least, I have never seen similar situation in previous FM. 

does this need to be concerned? i dont know. 

May be it's bilic's and guardiola's tactics.

20161121151435_1.jpg

52 minutes ago, keithfc said:

The large amounts of goals in a match happen more frequently when comparing with previous FM. At least, I have never seen similar situation in previous FM. 

does this need to be concerned? i dont know. 

May be it's bilic's and guardiola's tactics.

20161121151435_1.jpg

Wow! West Ham 10-0 Man City. That's just not right. You should be reporting this in the bugs forum with a pkm/save game file.

EDIT: Wait. That's year 2024. Anything can happen in year 2024.

34 minutes ago, FestyF said:

Wow! West Ham 10-0 Man City. That's just not right. You should be reporting this in the bugs forum with a pkm/save game file.

EDIT: Wait. That's year 2024. Anything can happen in year 2024.

Even then, this seems a bit far-fetched. I hope the authorities-that-be do look into this for the 17.2 patch seriously. This has the potential to be a massive bug if it's happening in everyone's game/save irrespective of game date.

24 minutes ago, samuelawachie said:

Even then, this seems a bit far-fetched. I hope the authorities-that-be do look into this for the 17.2 patch seriously. This has the potential to be a massive bug if it's happening in everyone's game/save irrespective of game date.

LOL are you serious? Do you think that it could be a 'massive bug' if a guy named Villalibre scores 7 goals to City in 2024?

3 hours ago, gerry58 said:

LOL are you serious? Do you think that it could be a 'massive bug' if a guy named Villalibre scores 7 goals to City in 2024?

it's 2019, not 2024. I have read the previous post which mentioned high scores match. I remember I met similar the situation, so I track back the record and post it here. I dont know is it a problem need to be concerned.  

I also have never seen this in previous FM by AI opposite each other in the same league. You also can see west ham was  4th. Man city was 3rd at that time. Managers for both team are  bilic and guardiola

7 minutes ago, keithfc said:

it's 2019, not 2024. I have read the previous post which mentioned high scores match. I remember I met similar the situation, so I track back the record and post it here. I dont know is it a problem need to be concerned.  

I also have never seen this in previous FM by AI opposite each other in the same league. You also can see west ham was  4th. Man city was 3rd at that time. Managers for both team are  bilic and guardiola

the fact you had to scroll back 5 seasons doesn't help ... because that makes it seem rare and it really isn't.

4 minutes ago, westy8chimp said:

the fact you had to scroll back 5 seasons doesn't help ... because that makes it seem rare and it really isn't.

Actually this is the most extreme case I have remembered. May be it is one of The Black Swan. Who knows.

Similar high score match exists several times within a year. I dont know is it match with the real world situation.

I just post it for you to discuss. Let's see other people get the similar problems.

40 minutes ago, keithfc said:

Actually this is the most extreme case I have remembered. May be it is one of The Black Swan. Who knows.

Similar high score match exists several times within a year. I dont know is it match with the real world situation.

I just post it for you to discuss. Let's see other people get the similar problems.

There is a thread currently in the bugs forums regarding high scorelines issue but without sufficient pkms and saves. If you want SI to review, may be you can post your pkms or upload save files? Here is the thread:

23 hours ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

I spent two seasons in the Vanarama North, and I never seen this once. In fact, as I said earlier, I've not seen it at all. Very strange, I wonder what triggers it. I thought it was maybe just players who had agents, but I'm sure I've had scout reports from represented players before. 

Possibly found out what triggers it, if you ask for a Scout Report you don't get but if you ask for one of the knowledge/weeks/matches options then you do get the highlights confirmation popup.

On 11/19/2016 at 12:18, Welshace said:

Am I being dumb? I haven't seen the 'do you want highlights' message once...

It happens when I right click on a player, go to scouting, and have the scouting pool scout him for 3 months. I always have to uncheck the "include highlights" box.

Seen a few people mention high unrealistic scorelines, how common is this? I haven't played consistently on a FM since 2012 which I played up until last year. I always find something that just annoys me or I don't find realistic. 

18 hours ago, stevemc said:

No one will ever convince me that this, is better than an actual photographic assigned to myself:

24mrn1l.png

Looks terrible.

Error of judgement IMO to remove the option to assign a picture too.

To be fair compared to mine (which I wish I had saved) it looks pretty good!

Mine made me look like the love child of Miles Jacobson!!!  I think it is safe to say this is an aspect of the game that is 'under development'.

On a more serious note I would like to be able to change my managers appearance as the game goes on, maybe a different colour tie depending what club you are at, age myself over time, change appearance/hairstyles, etc.  Not that important really in the grand scheme of things but if you are going to add features like this in the game then I would like to see those types of changes.

Who the hell chose the brazilian teams to play in the Libertadores 2017?

3 of the teams are trying to avoid relegation in the brazilian league this year (Inter, Sport and Sao Paulo)

It kills the game for me, especially beaucse my favorite team is Inter

And when I try to edit it in the editor, it doesnt work properly. And I am sure I did everything right

Seriously, choosing Sport to play Libertadores 2017 is an insane decision.

I think i've finally reached my limit with this match engine. The quality of defending for goals too often is appalling. Both for and against. Few years ago although probably unrealistic also, the quality of goals were superb. Now it's swung the other way and the quality of goals are appalling and generally come from defending which looks appalling in this match engine. Even went back to 2D to get more life out of the game but you find yourself switching to 3D to work out just exactly what went on. Generally it's plain stupidity

12 hours ago, keithfc said:

Hi Keithfc,

If you think the scores might be unrealistic, try this experiment. Start a new save and simulate an entire season of the Premier League without managing any team. Make sure the league is set to full match detail. At the end of the season, find out the total amount of goals scored during the season and compare it to last season's goals in the Premier League in real life. If they are similar, great. If you think they are way off, upload your game save in the bug forum and have SI have a look at it.

Jeff

7 hours ago, Jeff.fm10 said:

Hi Keithfc,

If you think the scores might be unrealistic, try this experiment. Start a new save and simulate an entire season of the Premier League without managing any team. Make sure the league is set to full match detail. At the end of the season, find out the total amount of goals scored during the season and compare it to last season's goals in the Premier League in real life. If they are similar, great. If you think they are way off, upload your game save in the bug forum and have SI have a look at it.

Jeff

I did this experiment.

Total no. of goals scored in the premier league season in my save = 1067

Total no. of goals scored in real life premier league season 2015/16 = 1026

Very realistic simulation to be honest. Not denying there aren't defensive issues. In fact some defensive issues are very obvious but may be this year attacking AI is good at punishing teams playing open football?

premier_league_2016-17_simulation.jpg

In my playstyle I normally only observe match commentary and replays of goals scored.  I find the post-match analysis interesting and sometimes very surprising.  For example, looking at the "highest pass combination" in a recent match I noticed that the most frequent combination was the goalkeeper passing to himself!  Who would have guessed?

46 minutes ago, Longhorn said:

In my playstyle I normally only observe match commentary and replays of goals scored.  I find the post-match analysis interesting and sometimes very surprising.  For example, looking at the "highest pass combination" in a recent match I noticed that the most frequent combination was the goalkeeper passing to himself!  Who would have guessed?

there id something wrong with analysis. if you click more times on one players passing it will just keep changing the number of passes he made...

Really not sure what the idea of the Social Media feed is bar just a new feature.  Just beat Man United 5-1 in an FA Cup Semi Final with a Sakho hat trick and two out of three fans didn't think he played that well !!!  I know fans can be fickle but really!! Just find it a bit random with the same comments just being thrown in match after match and not really attaching themselves to what has actually gone on,.  Doesn't really effect your role as far as being manager from what I can tell so a bit of a strange feature.

Seeing the same thing with crosses although not the usual complaint but the fact that there isn't any difference regardless of whether you have low, whipped or floated crosses.  It's just a mix regardless of which option you choose.  Very few are met by the head though which makes it pretty impossible to use a big lump up top.

Still having the old issue of wide midfielders shooting from silly angles which is a shame because I was hoping that this would be fixed this version.  Not quite as bad as in the past once in a blue moon it's squared but generally still silly angled attempts.

Defending is better than last year but some really silly back passes have crept into the game at times and pressing is still very difficult to achieve.

Dribbling is better which is nice to see.  Have had Lanzini run past four defenders from the half way line and placed a lovely shot into the corner.  Off my seat for that one!

Free kicks far better and have seen a few go straight in both for and against.  Better than every one going into the stand though.

Interface wise the goal scorers names when you look back at matches are in dark grey on a black background making them practically impossible to see.  No Manager history under a Club's Landmarks page anymore which is a shame because it seems impossible now to see why a manager left a Club, unless I am missing something and under Club comparison is there anyway to get rid of the graphs and just have the old style of text and numbers? 

Not so much a complaint about the game, but.... Noted an issue on the New Game setup in here and was told to make a Bug thread. Did that, which I probably should have done in the first, but was never noted, flagged, replied to.... I dislike when I see people (on here or other forums) complain about "issues" or "bugs", but then won't take the time to report them. But its also kinda annoying when reporting stuff just gets ignored and overlooked. Only took a couple of minutes to make that thread but doesn't exactly make it feel like that was well spent time or that my issue matters when there is no acknowledgement.

4 hours ago, Sussex Hammer said:

Really not sure what the idea of the Social Media feed is bar just a new feature.  Just beat Man United 5-1 in an FA Cup Semi Final with a Sakho hat trick and two out of three fans didn't think he played that well !!!  I know fans can be fickle but really!! Just find it a bit random with the same comments just being thrown in match after match and not really attaching themselves to what has actually gone on,.  Doesn't really effect your role as far as being manager from what I can tell so a bit of a strange feature.

Totally agree with this!

Useless feature so far, I was really hyped 1st I saw this in the sneak peek video of FM17, but I will know for next releases to not pre-order (not only FM, but any game).

I found this ridicule my intelligence when showing such a feature that doesn't offer literally anything to the game.

As a user, if I had a chance to pick on which feature I would love to get rid of, it would be an easy pick.

Still having the old issue of wide midfielders shooting from silly angles which is a shame because I was hoping that this would be fixed this version.  Not quite as bad as in the past once in a blue moon it's squared but generally still silly angled attempts.

I would say that lack of options might be an option for long shots, but something that I can say from my experience with professional football, football players tend to shoot a lot from distance when the opportunity arises (and some even became a bit selfish upfront), while me personally didn't played in some higher reputable leagues, but I'm referring this from lower leagues perspective.

i.e.: I can tell for sure that sometimes I was running off the ball (movement without the ball) and trying to find a pocket to run in between the CB's, and the player with the ball decides to shoot instead of giving a very easy through ball that can leave me on one on one situation.

BUT, 2 days ago, I had a game with 21 shot overall 17 long shots 2 shots were blocked. the opposite team had 11 or 13 LS (I think they had 14 overall), 3 shots were blocked, my strikers were not isolated (which could be a reason why strikers in general would potentially take LS due to lack of options).

In addition, could be lack of options but in this case, it wasn't the issue because I had many clear chances for my creative players to make a through pass to create CCC but they took LS instead (no ppm's).

I tend to report such of issues, like I did with some of my constructive reports so far, but I was really turned off from the game so I just quit for now, and took couple of days off from the game.

Defending is better than last year but some really silly back passes have crept into the game at times and pressing is still very difficult to achieve.

I tend to disagree with you but I'm still not sure if it's the lack of AI tactical approach overall or just defense overall being doomed (the high amount of goals is a good example for bad defending).

I agree this is a PC game and cannot be perfect but I'm hugely disappointed from some bugs that I saw in FM15 are still here in FM17.

such as crossing straight to the keeper which I already reported this.

2 days ago, I had 34 crosses, maybe 28 or 29 of them crossed (some of them any kind of without pressure) straight to the opposition hands, GK doesn't need to even come off from his goal.

if you want there is a great example in the bug forums that i gave about crossing.

I had 57 crosses in one game in that match, while the highest crossing per game in real life if I remember correctly is around 26 by crystal palace (according to season 15/16).

this becomes very frustrating when watching a full game, not only because of losing an opportunity to create some kind of threat, but also, it's become repetitive and annoying!

I would report the incident that I had 2 days ago, but they ask to stop reporting this issue because it's under review.

Back passes to the goalkeeper leads to corner... this, in FM15, I was new to the game but I remember this tend to happen no matter what quality of players you had, this is very disappointment that it didn't' fixed or reported by anyone (or maybe yes and the reports have been ignored?)

Before FM15 my last manager simulation was CM4, so I don't know if those problems I mentioned tend to happen in the previous releases, I hope not.

I don't know if it's a problem or not, but I found that picking a lower mentality is totally useless and control mentality become more popular among the users.

while with my very very low experience with FM16, it was more balanced.

By more balanced I mean, when a team trying to hammer my defense, you could counter attack them in FM16, but not on FM17, it seems like going counter or defensive mentality is pointless unless you want to get hammered.

This is at least my experience so far, and with fm17 I really have bad experience, even though I really love FM serious in general.

7 hours ago, Bigpapa42 said:

Not so much a complaint about the game, but.... Noted an issue on the New Game setup in here and was told to make a Bug thread. Did that, which I probably should have done in the first, but was never noted, flagged, replied to.... I dislike when I see people (on here or other forums) complain about "issues" or "bugs", but then won't take the time to report them. But its also kinda annoying when reporting stuff just gets ignored and overlooked. Only took a couple of minutes to make that thread but doesn't exactly make it feel like that was well spent time or that my issue matters when there is no acknowledgement.

It is possible that it was missed, so if it wasn't responded to after a while, just bump the thread.

2 hours ago, Hagginho said:

I havent got any news on Brexit and im in 2019 but i feel something has happened with transfers. Is there any way to check if the rule is active and what it says? 

I had a message when Brexit took affect in the game (it had no effect in anything though) but if you look in the rule section of the league then you'll see the work permit rules there

Hi,

When using lnc files to edit club names, the nickname disappear. This has happened to every FM and I've posted it some years back. Is this as intended or why can't it be fixed?

This is the code used:

"CLUB_LONG_NAME_CHANGE" 680 "Manchester United Football Club" ""
"CLUB_SHORT_NAME_CHANGE" 680 "Manchester United" ""

Archived