Football Manager 2017 Official Feedback Thread

2 hours ago, johnhughthom said:

My biggest struggle has been finding a role for the striker, I want a support role for an aerial threat without hold up ball (because they constantly hold it way too long) and with the ability to play riskier passes to play my pacy wingers in behind. From what I can see, it isn't there.

In last year's game (don't use wingers this year), my defensive forward did that role well. 

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So after the last year version where we had 10+ key passes from our playmakers, now SI has decided to fix this, so now we have non.

And also I would like to ask a question. Is there a way to remove scout recommendations? I started LLM save, but have now gone few leagues up, so obviously players that had 5 stars at the start are probably bad right now, but in player search they still have 5 stars for recommendation. It would be great if there was a way to flush those old scout reports.

Guys seriously, the Goalkeepers are so Bad . It's unbelievable ... This needs to be Patched asap ... No wonder there are results like 7:4 , 6:5  etc .. Bayern won in my Save just now 9:1 vs Hoffenheim  :rolleyes:  . I hope that issue is something that you guys are aware of 

1 hour ago, penza said:

anyone got a guide for tactical attributes? like for example depth is 20 highest defensive line or 1 or sitting back is 20 the fact that they sit back a lot or is it 1? thanks

what? does not make sense. lol

Negatives 

• Conceding after scoring occurs way too often
  • A pattern of high scoring games (4-5, 7,2, 4,4) reported across the forums
  • Social feed can be useful, however not easy on the eye
  • Training schedules should be more micro and in depth, since developing players and tactics is the biggest aspect of team building
  • Players angry after getting fined after a clear red card NEEDS to be fixed
  • Strikers sitting far too deep regardles of roles

Positives

• Still the most satisfying ME in terms of depth and accuracy
  • Simplified interface allows easier gameplay 
  • Scouting and contracts well improved, however, player valuations by agents can be annoying
  • Fast gameplay
  • Injuries issues have been fixed, but could be improved

On 16/11/2016 at 09:34, Preveza said:

For me, formations with wingers in this current ME are dead. Just switched to a narrow formation without wingers and faring much better. Such a pity. Hope next ME balances things out a bit. Wingers can't defend as it is. Really hope they improve GKs. Never seen a Gk rush out to intercept a low cross yet. Horrible. Hence why so many cross goals. Keepers aren't active enough to intercept. 

I'm top of the league and always use wingers

Idk, but I am seeing so few draw games it's quite ridicilous. After 34 games in the league I have only one draw game. Three draws in the entire season?! Surely there is something odd about that. Also the pattern where almost always when playing away at ManCity,Liverpool,Tottenham,Chelsea..I get destroyed by 3-0,4-1,5-1 when this result is absolutely out of context when I'm in superb form and playing ManCity who are midtable in apalling form but they still smash me totally, no matter what tactic set up I decide to play, always the same. Really annoying.

11 hours ago, phnompenhandy said:

Er, are you still thinking in terms of slider bars? Those days are long long gone!

no :) the AI managers have different stats like attacking, depth and so forth this determines the way they play. Is there a guide somewhere which states what each stat means and the scaling

Finding some really frustrating and confusing player behaviour.  For starters I fined Pedro Obiang for a sending off (his second I might add) and he still has the hump with it over two months later.  Secondly I have Dmitri Payet asking to be transfer listed so he can join Barcelona who he claims are in a better division but they haven't even shown any interest as of yet.  I have turned down both transfer requests and whilst he is unhappy he also "reacted well" and is pleased with my comments to the press that I want him to stay.  He is also pleased with the Clubs position and has superb morale.  Conflicting to say the least!!

Getting fed up how ruthlessly efficient the AI is in front of goal. I know it's the same engine for both, but I'd love to know the tactics under the hood that the AI uses, so I can use it myself. Last game a prime example. 3-0 up away at half time, in total control, the opposition hadn't even had a shot on target. 2nd half, and the only visible tactical change was them going more attacking. I tweaked a couple of small things, as I play on the counter anyway, thinking that would be enough. But no. Their only three chances of the match, they scored and it finished 3-3 (including an own goal, and a keeper error). It happens far too regularly. All it does is frustrate the user.  

1 hour ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

Getting fed up how ruthlessly efficient the AI is in front of goal. I know it's the same engine for both, but I'd love to know the tactics under the hood that the AI uses, so I can use it myself. Last game a prime example. 3-0 up away at half time, in total control, the opposition hadn't even had a shot on target. 2nd half, and the only visible tactical change was them going more attacking. I tweaked a couple of small things, as I play on the counter anyway, thinking that would be enough. But no. Their only three chances of the match, they scored and it finished 3-3 (including an own goal, and a keeper error). It happens far too regularly. All it does is frustrate the user.  

also weird that certain players will score a goal a game for AI.. if you control that team they score 1 in 5, or if you buy that player... yet pc formation is same so yes would be lovely to see role & duty. Stoke and Southampton (Austin, Bony) in particular vs me at the moment. you'd look at that and say hmm mim suffering vs big men.. but lukaku, giroud, vokes, llorente etc  didn't all have the same luck

2 hours ago, Sussex Hammer said:

Secondly I have Dmitri Payet asking to be transfer listed so he can join Barcelona who he claims are in a better division but they haven't even shown any interest as of yet.  I have turned down both transfer requests and whilst he is unhappy he also "reacted well" and is pleased with my comments to the press that I want him to stay.  He is also pleased with the Clubs position and has superb morale.  Conflicting to say the least!!

In the first season for me, Payet wanted to go to Real Madrid - they never made and approach - I just turned down the requests and once the transfer window closed he went back to normal. I didn't have any problems after that and am now into season 3 with Payet still one of the team's stars.

I suspect the whinging about a move is reputation related. That particular game mechanic needs looking at closely as it appears to be responsible for a lot of unrealistic behaviour throughout the game, but especially everything to do with transfers.

3 hours ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

That's been my experience too. Playing a standard mentality and normal tempo with a DM and constantly conceding from the AI's only chances on target. The game that got me sacked epitomised my experience, drew 2-2, despite the AI only having one shot on target.

Very frustrating, and a very different experience from last year, where I had those type of games, but at a much more reasonable frequency.

1 hour ago, rp1966 said:

In the first season for me, Payet wanted to go to Real Madrid - they never made and approach - I just turned down the requests and once the transfer window closed he went back to normal. I didn't have any problems after that and am now into season 3 with Payet still one of the team's stars.

I suspect the whinging about a move is reputation related. That particular game mechanic needs looking at closely as it appears to be responsible for a lot of unrealistic behaviour throughout the game, but especially everything to do with transfers.

Cheers for that, I'll stick it out with him.  I'm playing FMC so hopefully it won't affect his performances too much.  Could understand it if I had turned down a bid, you accept that, but when no bid has been made it is very strange.  Mind you I had players upset about not playing enough after only a handful of games and have Michail Antonio demanding a new contract as a key player despite only 3 goals and 3 assists in 14 games so hardly a form record deserving of such a contract.

3 hours ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

I think sometimes, if you get ahead playing on the counter, you're better off pushing up to standard or control and trying to stop them taking the initiative in the match. If you're 3-0 up it's certainly worth trying - concede 1 and you can always reassess.  The 'ruthlessness' of the AI always strikes me as probably being more perception, based on the game's selected match highlights than anything else, but I've never tried playing in full match mode to test the theory.

BTW.  In the full game can anyone answer the following?

1.  Do you have the ability to check out a Clubs old Managers under landmarks?  In FMT this isn't available this year whereas last year you could find history of managers under landmarks.

2.  What is the Premier Division Cup?  Is it a Reserve Trophy?

3.  Is full fat throwing up strange managerial appointments and sackings?  I'm only in February 2017 and Koeman has been sacked at Everton to be replaced by Allardyce (mind you they are 16th) and Liverpool have dumped Klopp for Bielsa and Liverpool are 7th.

Hi there,  I updated to 17.1.2 yesterday but since then the game won't start for me. I have tried uninstalling with no success.  I have tried launching through the right clicking on the exe. thing that have have seen mentioned but this doesn't work either.  So I uninstalled through the uninstall program on my computer again without any luck.

This game is my life and any help is massively appreciated.  Thank you.

1 hour ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

It's not 'better' per se, as the AI can't do anything we can't, but a lot of the AI teams do seem to have this magic formula that makes them very efficient. I want it. :D

You wouldn't. :D There's still several AI on each competition that has a shot conversion of like 5%, which is miserable and mostly little to do with players as such bad stats long-term have mostly been tactical, i.e. consistently creating poor shots on average. I'm personally actually still suspicious of what it is doing, as at times it'd seems to still disregard stuff you got an edge in right from following 5 years old entry level guides just by the letter without having the foggiest of what was going on, though I am not fully sure yet. On a recent match where a side as good as City off their first 12 shots at home they had but one going on target that was certainly the case though.

It may seem like they may make slightly more intelligent picks when trying to turn the tides around, like when they switch to a more attacking set-up after conceding/chasing a game but personally I've yet to experience hugely much different from previous, which may be connected to my playing style. I found it reasonably easy to sit onto leads before, which may actually be parts ME weakness / AI tactical weakness too, certainly prior to this. This is not about picking mentalities, though actually low-risk mentalities can be fabulous for holding onto leads as even if you would push defend or contain outright, you aren't forced to go with their d-line etc. defaults that just drop deep, concede all space and indeed may invite a very attacking AI with lots of attack duties players into your half.

User/Steam reviews regarding AI scoring from little every year a bug are always pretty classic Gold though. :D (Hope they won't have as much of an influence as the injury moaners at least as far as AI development is concerned... official documentation / UI ambiguity may be another matter)

8 hours ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

Just had two updates to both the main game and FMT. However it's still showing as 17.1.2 from the update on Monday. Anyone shed any light on what this is/was? 

I'll check mine tomorrow see if it's updated.  is it possible to see the date the.update was applied on steam?

I sometimes think i'm playing a different game to everyone else (I realise the differentiating factor is me btw).

I can't recall seeing such terrible defending and decision making ever.  I've seen multiple instances of defenders dribbling diagonally backwards with the ball to hoof it across their own goal, with their wrong foot when a perfectly simple pass back to the keeper is on.

I'll see what I can do to stop it, but it may go on the shelf until a patch.

45 minutes ago, macca72 said:

I sometimes think i'm playing a different game to everyone else (I realise the differentiating factor is me btw).

I can't recall seeing such terrible defending and decision making ever.  I've seen multiple instances of defenders dribbling diagonally backwards with the ball to hoof it across their own goal, with their wrong foot when a perfectly simple pass back to the keeper is on.

I'll see what I can do to stop it, but it may go on the shelf until a patch.

Would suggest you have restrictive passing options .. .are you playing too short? is your tempo right? are your defenders technically capable enough?

8 hours ago, Wells said:

I am not managing either of them but as usual while screen is flickering I saw this.

Really this kind of scoreline is unrealistic.

FQlLIw.jpg

I gather you are posting this because you are seeing this happen week in week out yes?...   and i gather you are judging both teams based on how they are irl now? not in 3 years time as in the game?

7 minutes ago, Welshace said:

I gather you are posting this because you are seeing this happen week in week out yes?...   and i gather you are judging both teams based on how they are irl now? not in 3 years time as in the game?

3 years in game time? Arsenal have finished 2nd in the league and spurs 4th, so the excuse of Arsenal not being good after 3 yrs is out of the equitation.

So what more? the fact still remains that it is unrealistic and I have seen some crazy scorelines I have never seen in FM 16, example 7-6, 7-5 e.t.c.

1 hour ago, Wells said:

3 years in game time? Arsenal have finished 2nd in the league and spurs 4th, so the excuse of Arsenal not being good after 3 yrs is out of the equitation.

So what more? the fact still remains that it is unrealistic and I have seen some crazy scorelines I have never seen in FM 16, example 7-6, 7-5 e.t.c.

That's what I was asking ..... From your one sentence post, no-one can comprehend whether it's realistic or not...

If it's something you are seeing week in week out.. post it in the correct place and it can get looked at and sorted.

Lovin the game for the most part, but high match ratings for defenders is annoying. I've posted my issue in the match engine bug thread, I'm hoping it will be better balanced with the next patch.

Below is a pic from my Liverpool save where the squad has been filtered by avg rating, out of my top 8 players 6 of them are defenders

image.jpg

My impressions after a few hours of play:

- Interface is very nice, I appreciate how lots of actions just require 1 click from your inbox now, rather than a bunch of navigation.

- ME looks great so far, except I've seen a bunch of slop goals from clearances getting drilled against players standing close to the clearer, causing weird deflections.  Not sure if this is just small sample size since I've only played around 7 matches.

- Team depth chart changes are annoying and poorly thought out.  Now more clicks are required to see the full list of players at any given position.  And it always defaults to showing your primary formation instead of all positions, so if you want to see all positions you have to click back to it in the menu every single time you look at the depth chart.

- Social media addition seems useless and I've completely ignored it so far.

- Scouting is good but as others have mentioned, the need to click on the "do you want highlights" thing every time is very annoying.

So generally the core of the game is very strong, but there are definitely a few small things that weren't well thought out and should be improved in the next patch.

Well after approximately 150 hours of play - and in my 3. season with Celta de Vigo - my general impression is very positive.
FM 17 is not only very polished, but also a rather big step in becoming more user-friendly.

I appreciate especially the context-sensitive informations e.g. regarding a player becoming unhappy with his playing time or the advised amount of supportive roles in your following match tactic. 

Sure it's not perfect but it's very encouraging seeing this step in the right direction.

Therefore actually I've got only minor irritations

These are...

• the actual manager of the spanish national team is a regen coach with rather bad attributes and a very low reputation.
    Isn't this rather far fetched?

• the displayed  remaining stamina values in the match popup windows are not up to date.
    If I go to the tactic screen they are very often lower than in the popups.  Interestingly thereafter they are usually synchronised.

• in FM 16 you could see the "Club knowledge" of each staff member.
    Obviously this information is in FM 17 rather more hidden.
    I assume that partially it can be derived by the "Confidence" Value in the staff advice. Unfortunately in my game this value is always on "little".
    Is this only in my game happening and where else can I derive the club knowledge level of a staff member ?

7 hours ago, Welshace said:

Am I being dumb? I haven't seen the 'do you want highlights' message once...

6 hours ago, Cougar2010 said:

Neither have I, maybe something to do with having a data analyst?

I have a data analyst, and I've never seen it once either. 

Archived