Football Manager 2017 Features Video

• Replies 700
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Davey Boy said:

Can someone explain to me what this game on 64 bit actually means and what it does?

Faster game experience for those with decent PCs/laptops. Which is most likely for 90% out there unless you run some 2 gb ram setup with a potato processor or some old 10+year PC/laptop. 

2 minutes ago, zakbrown96 said:

The full version looks great but I'm a bit concerned about the touch version as seems like not a lot has changed on there unless I missed a bit. 

Miles said that a lot of the new features and improvements for FM are also part of FM touch.

18 minutes ago, Double0Seven said:

Faster game experience for those with decent PCs/laptops. Which is most likely for 90% out there unless you run some 2 gb ram setup with a potato processor or some old 10+year PC/laptop. 

13 minutes ago, extremeskins04 said:

You can have alot more clubs in your save and database sizes can be much larger with 64-bit.  

Thank you gentlemen.

Yeah, small changes but it looks like they'd make a big difference. Like the majority of posters, i'm loving the new version. Hopefully getting my hands on it, I'd discover more changes that mean much more to a player like me (a 3D view that shows all the players regardless of where the ball is; better descriptions of things like Move Into Channels; and the like). Looking forward to FM17

3 hours ago, Powermonger said:

One thing I did notice that wasn't mentioned in the video is that the Data Analyst provides a passing network map. Great inclusion. :thup:

Very excited about this, largely because I love @[Twitter] 11tegen11's pass maps. Overall, the inclusion of Prozone has been a great addition - even if it, presumably, contributed to the unbearable key pass "bug" on FM16; looking at the screenshots, it looks like that has been solved.

I'm going to reserve judgement on the match engine and tactical aspects until I actually play the game. Pretty difficult, and silly, to make judgements off a couple minutes worth of video. Assume we would have heard from Miles if there were any new roles or changes in definition - as we did when the Raumdeuter role was added to the game - but it may well be concealed as a welcome surprise. Regardless, a better interpretation and compilation of current roles (like the inverted wing-back role) would go a very long way to enhancing the game. That's likely something that can't be demonstrated in effectively in a 30-minute long feature video, though.

Also nice to see improvements in scouting and recruiting. Mandatory purchase clauses in loan deals (one wonders if it also incorporates mandatory purchase after 'x number' games clause) is a nice addition.  The player video packages are also a cool addition. In this regard, FM are making tangible improvements year-on-year.

After a period of apprehension, I'm now looking forward to FM17. As long as it provides a dynamic, systematically sound match engine, then I will be more than content.

I didn't see or heard anything about Versus mode.On the start srceen there only online career button.

I really hope we can still play versus mode in FM17 as we have a growing community playing cup and leagues online via Versus mode.

Can anyone confirm or deny Versus in FM17?

Versus.jpg

1 hour ago, Llew_Arshavin23 said:

Very excited about this, largely because I love @[Twitter] 11tegen11's pass maps. Overall, the inclusion of Prozone has been a great addition - even if it, presumably, contributed to the unbearable key pass "bug" on FM16; looking at the screenshots, it looks like that has been solved.

Yes and here is for hoping there are more data visualisations in FM17 that haven't been mentioned or shown yet also. 

With the menu start screen, is there an option not to show your manager but just a default background like previous versions?

I'm looking forward to trying out the Beta version as the area that attracts me to the game the most is the tactics module, so ideally I'm hoping for an inclusion, or ability to simulate, the "false fullback" role that Guardiola periodically uses for Man City, and Bayern before that. I'd also be looking for improvements to pressing and defensive/offensive transitions.

I'll reserve judgement until the Beta, as we didn't seem to get much detail on tactics/training in the newly released FM17 video, but these are the features that would really get me excited to spend countless hours playing the game.

I do still buy every version of the game regardless (it is a great game overall) but when I have a tactical idea that I'm passionate about implementing into FM, but am restricted in doing so by the tactics module, I tend to be a little less enthusiastic about the number of hours I dedicate to playing and instead become more of a casual user.

These little tactical features/enhancements will probably determine whether or not I get a girlfriend in the next 12 months, as well as other less important things such as how often I turn up for work. :D

I do think the other changes make the game incrementally more realistic and immersive, though, and like the addition of the Data Analyst and Sport Scientist staff roles.

7 hours ago, Double0Seven said:

Technical side I cant answer 100% correct, but for processors with 64 bit it will be a faster game most likely and ram is better usage. 32 bit is limited to 4gb ram and 64 bit can go higher. Cant wait with my i7 ready to rock. 

64-bit will use more RAM not less. However, you are correct that (in theory) it'll be faster and can use more than 4Gb of RAM (if you have that available, which most probably do these days).

I'm looking forward to managing in the new competition Miles mentioned: the Polish Ekstralaksa. ;)

Actually the 64 bit part sounds great - hopefully there is a noticeable change in speed (I have 16Gb of RAM). Apart from that it will be interesting to see what effect the players making more "decisions" on the pitch will have. It was not mentioned on the video and I won't be holding my breath, but perhaps promotion from non-manageable levels has been looked at... In any case the new updated db is what I want to see the most.

2 minutes ago, Althaz said:

64-bit will use more RAM not less. However, you are correct that (in theory) it'll be faster and can use more than 4Gb of RAM (if you have that available, which most probably do these days).

I will confirm when I get home today but FM16 for me only used up to 1.2GB of RAM, however 32bit processes do have a 2GB limit in Windows.

6 minutes ago, Powermonger said:

I will confirm when I get home today but FM16 for me only used up to 1.2GB of RAM, however 32bit processes do have a 2GB limit in Windows.

The normal limit for 32-bit processes is 2Gb, but they *can* use up to 4Gb (3Gb on 32-bit Windows) if they are large address space aware though.

I've never noticed FM using up much RAM, but I wouldn't mind it being a bit hungrier for RAM to improve performance.

26 minutes ago, Althaz said:

The normal limit for 32-bit processes is 2Gb, but they *can* use up to 4Gb (3Gb on 32-bit Windows) if they are large address space aware though.

I've never noticed FM using up much RAM, but I wouldn't mind it being a bit hungrier for RAM to improve performance.

Yes I am hoping the 64bit version uses more RAM to speed up processing, then my 16GB won't be going to waste :D I have been thinking of enabling a RAMdrive to see how that goes in increasing performance. I am in the middle now of getting new PC parts together to build my new PC for FM17. Can't wait to test it with it.

8 hours ago, Nikopol said:

I would like a more Hummels-like CB-role. Even hummels himself, with PI's, doesn't play like the real Hummels did, especially under Tuchel last year. I guess you could call that role a "Roaming Centerback", Centrebacks who move up from deep with the ball to surprise the oppositions defense/utilize create space, which is a high risk of course.

Yeah, this is the only obvious Role that is 100% not achievable (though we could talk about Inverted Wing Backs too, if we knew exactly what it is they are supposed to do in FM). A roaming centreback with a half back at DM would be great to experiment with. ?

I love FM and as normal have purchased the game as soon as details were announced but am disappointed with marketing strategy f fans features video was great but question and answer video looked as it was done in someones bedroom.in years gone by SI put a lot of effort into keeping its fans and customers informed but i feel now they are more interested in spending money on sponsorship deals and other outside interests rather than concentrating on core game which we all love.SI continue to say they do not have budget of a FIFA or PES but we do deserve what money we do invest by purchasing game to be reinvested in same rather than wasted on other things like sponsorship deals.

the only thing that excites me this year is 64 bit version of game other than this other new features just cosmetic.Miles stated that it was revolution and evolution on Q and A but to really evolve code should be pulled apart and rebuilt again which is now overdue to make sure FM continues to be best game it can be.

I will always be loyal to this game and buy each year as soon as announced in hope that next edition will be that evolution of game promised from a studio packed with talented people who i know can do this  but for some reason cop out of doing this each year.

Looks absolutely fantastic. I can't wait to play now. In particular looking forward to seeing what difference the 64 bit optimisation makes, and I love the UI overhaul that makes news items easier to respond to, the Social Media stuff, and the new staff roles.

6 minutes ago, Weller1980 said:

This worries me.... I really hope the cross assist has been better balanced. 

I'd say it's partially about semantics. The video says it has been addressed, and it would be a ballsy / mad thing to promote if it hasn't been achieved.

As far as the image is concerned, I just take it to mean that half of goals in that one sample (probably only 10-15 matches) come from passes from wider areas of the pitch into central areas, with the other half probably through the middle. As "crosses" include corners, proper byline crosses and also things like cutbacks inside the area, I'm pretty sure it's nothing to worry about.

with social media will i be randomly swore at by fans who think I am the worst, have random retweets with me tagged in them, sent little random gif clips of Heskey missing a sitter for England if my strikers are not scoring, my staff / player twitters hacked by fans or anything like that?

Will our actual twitter accounts be linked into this? If so, I post about ( for example) upcoming opponents being rubbish ( to put it nicely) would the game / real life accounts be able to respond / be seen in game?

I've already pre-ordered this, as I do every year. The video looked good, nothing groundbreaking, but more improvements year-on-year, which is good. This game is so vast that even the slightest addition must be a real effort to introduce from a technical point of view. I not too sure what people were expecting, its a football manager sim, and it does exactly what it says on the tin.

I like the new electronic pitch advertising hoardings, I just hope they are fully editable; don't fancy playing a Champions League final without the stadium looking like it - if you get what I mean. Its about realism for me.

I'm not incredibly tech savy, but is this 64-bit stuff something that a macbook user can take advantage of?

3 hours ago, Althaz said:

2 hours ago, Powermonger said:

Yes I am hoping the 64bit version uses more RAM to speed up processing, then my 16GB won't be going to waste :D I have been thinking of enabling a RAMdrive to see how that goes in increasing performance. I am in the middle now of getting new PC parts together to build my new PC for FM17. Can't wait to test it with it.

Apologies if this is a stupid question; I only have a 2.5 GHz Intel Core i5 processor with Intel HD Graphics 4000 1536 MB but I do have an upgraded 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3 memory... do you think I could manage with 64 bit?

Just to reply to the ones wondering about 64-bit. This will only have an impact on you if your operating system (Windows/MacOS/Linux distro) are 64-bit. To simplify it, 64-bit is just a type of architecture, and difference to how much resources it can use. 32-bit can only use 4 GB RAM (memory), while 64-bit can use an unlimited amount (not really, but more than anyone have on their computer). This means that FM can keep more data in memory and don't have to access it from the harddisk (which is much slower than memory). Though, this is just how it works in theory, and it depends on how this is utilized by the application.

To check if your operating system has 64-bit you can access this page for windows (https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/827218). For other operating systems, I'm sure you can google it, as I don't know since I'm running windows.

27 minutes ago, Weston said:

Apologies if this is a stupid question; I only have a 2.5 GHz Intel Core i5 processor with Intel HD Graphics 4000 1536 MB but I do have an upgraded 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3 memory... do you think I could manage with 64 bit?

8GB is plenty, you'll be fine. 

Obviously a faster processor and faster ram will help but in terms of 64bit and memory, you are fine. 

Well done on the video, very slick with no gimics.  Games looking good so far, I can't wait to see how clever the social media tab is and how many followers as a manager I get.

Also like the idea of scanning a photo for you avatar, just looks fun, might have a mess around with it and use a picture of my cat instead see if I get any weird results. 

Since the Football Manager Podcasts, I always imagined Miles looked like Marcus Brigstocke. I don't know why.
I had to go back and watch the first 5 minutes of the video becasue I wasn't listening, just trying to get used to Miles' real appearance.

I like the new features, have preordered and am looking forward to the beta.

35 minutes ago, Gruf said:

Hardly anything on AI teams squad building, it always been pathetic and ruins long saves, FM's dirty little secret

Actually there was more about squad building than is usually mentioned in these announcments.

Galatico signings & findind a replacement before selling a key player are both AI squad buidling features plus I'm sure there will be the usual tweaks & improvements to AI transfer shortlisting that happen for each new release.

1 hour ago, RTHerringbone said:

Yeah, this is the only obvious Role that is 100% not achievable (though we could talk about Inverted Wing Backs too, if we knew exactly what it is they are supposed to do in FM). A roaming centreback with a half back at DM would be great to experiment with. ?

Would love to see the Inverted Wing Backs behave (or at least make them behave through PIs) like Guardiola is using them at Man City

46 minutes ago, OLLMEISTER1 said:

With the introduction of 64 bit this year, will this help/eradicate the problem Macs had for 2016 with heating issues and loud fans due to the PC overworking? Or am I just barking down the wrong tree with this one?

Probably, as there will be less reading/writing from the harddisk, where the virtual memory is stored. But it will also depend on the processor and the graphic card.

1 hour ago, stevemc said:

I've already pre-ordered this, as I do every year. The video looked good, nothing groundbreaking, but more improvements year-on-year, which is good. This game is so vast that even the slightest addition must be a real effort to introduce from a technical point of view. I not too sure what people were expecting, its a football manager sim, and it does exactly what it says on the tin.

I am liking the improvements to the interface SI have done, with more detailed and graphical news items and information, as well as more graphical statistics, but where it is falling short this year is the actual 'football' part. No announced improvements to tactics, roles, training, teamtalks or opposition instructions, which are the core of what makes football "football". FM17 seems to be more about improvements to the industry and management around the game, but not the game itself. They have made modifications to the way the ME processes which is much welcomed, but that's the only part.

22 minutes ago, pedrosantos said:

Would love to see the Inverted Wing Backs behave (or at least make them behave through PIs) like Guardiola is using them at Man City

Maybe it has been tweaked but SI just don't want to announce the fact they didn't get it right in the last release :D

Archived