Football Manager 2017 Features Video

40 minutes ago, ChelseaSince86 said:

You should be able to do that anyway. Mine does it, and i have 16gb and i7 also

You can do it but the speed it hardly at a 'quick pace', even with a high end i7. The 16GB of RAM is also irrelevent with 2016 and before as the game can only utilise a maximum of 4GB (well less than 4GB) anyway.

• Replies 700
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, ChelseaSince86 said:

Well I learnt something new this evening, I thought the minute Miles OK'd the beta, it was instantly released.  Good news though!

It's just a waiting game now for Sega to give the OK for the game and then it's released. 

Btw, were multiplayer games allowed in beta?

Thanks a lot, SI! I had already planned to play a Champions League Final to finish off FM16 tomorrow night! :lol:

But seriously, this is good news - and earlier than I expected. Really can't wait to see how FM17 runs in 64-bit.

that feeling when you booked a week off starting tomorrow to get all your jobs around the house finished before the roughly 2 weeks before,  for fm17 beta to come out much earlier than expected.....curses

the missus is gonna need to shorten that list

19 minutes ago, MonsterMunch said:

I'm off ill (got to have an ECG and chest x-ray this week) so this could be good or bad, depends how many games I lose :D

I hope you get better soon and it's not too serious. I wouldn't manage Exeter if you don't want too lose games ?

Surprised more people haven't been talking about the increased calculations per second the player in the ME can make. Surely that has potential for a very different ME experience - animations aside. 

I'm very interested to see how a match in FM17 can play out differently to one in 16 due to the players being 'smarter'. 

• Administrators
22 minutes ago, Kuldaniss said:

It's just a waiting game now for Sega to give the OK for the game and then it's released. 

Btw, were multiplayer games allowed in beta?

That's not the case at all I'm afraid :D Always makes me chuckle when people say things as fact when the whole process is something different entirely. No offence of course.

To make it up to you, the Beta is currently scheduled to include the multiplayer modes. :brock: 

8 minutes ago, DP said:

Surprised more people haven't been talking about the increased calculations per second the player in the ME can make. Surely that has potential for a very different ME experience - animations aside. 

I'm very interested to see how a match in FM17 can play out differently to one in 16 due to the players being 'smarter'. 

This is an interesting one for me.

FM16 I believe was 8 per second, has 17 gone up to 16 per second.  If so can players & should they be making that many per second.

Its great from a technical perspective but from a reality one?  Compare that to something like athletics where a false start is deemed to be anything under 0.1 seconds which would be 10 per second.

12 minutes ago, zakbrown96 said:

I hope you get better soon and it's not too serious. I wouldn't manage Exeter if you don't want too lose games ?

Thank you :) I actually planned to manage Plymouth as my missus and I spent a lovely weekend down there recently :D 

1 minute ago, Double0Seven said:

Mate, i dont call people blind, but read the tweet pls...

No need to be rude. I assumed that that part of the tweet is writing by the mentality of "better safe than sorry".

Just now, shogoki said:

No need to be rude. I assumed that that part of the tweet is writing by the mentality of "better safe than sorry".

Not trying to be rude, but if its a tweet coming for the man himself I doubt anyone else can give you a better answer from essentially other people on a forum who dont know more...

6 minutes ago, Neil Brock said:

That's not the case at all I'm afraid :D Always makes me chuckle when people say things as fact when the whole process is something different entirely. No offence of course.

To make it up to you, the Beta is currently scheduled to include the multiplayer modes. :brock: 

Sorry for saying something wrong ; the only reason I said so is because a couple years back I tweeted Miles after saying that he doesn't know exactly when the beta is ready and asked if he's just waiting for an ok from Sega and he said " something like that". My bad, won't say that again. 

VERY happy that multiplayer modes are included, was planning on a long saturday night with a friend.

10 minutes ago, MonsterMunch said:

Thank you :) I actually planned to manage Plymouth as my missus and I spent a lovely weekend down there recently :D 

Well in that case you'll win more than you'll lose as plymouth is one amazing team too manage 

9 minutes ago, zigaliro said:

Yees, I`m so excited :)

But, just one question. I`m going to do a long term save with Barcelona, and should I start the save in the beta, or is it better to wait for full release for bug fixes before starting long term save?

If you're worried about bugs spoiling your experience on a long-term save, then I would start with another team, play until you're reasonably happy with the ME etc. and then go for your long-term Barca save.

Just now, Lord Rowell said:

If you're worried about bugs spoiling your experience on a long-term save, then I would start with another team, play until you're reasonably happy with the ME etc. and then go for your long-term Barca save.

Okay, thanks.

12 minutes ago, zigaliro said:

But, just one question. I`m going to do a long term save with Barcelona, and should I start the save in the beta, or is it better to wait for full release for bug fixes before starting long term save?

That's up to you in terms of what worries you about any changes. . Bug fixes tend to be save game transferable, but rarely there will be some that require a new save. If you are worried at all I'd hold off till release. I personally tend to. 

49 minutes ago, Neil Brock said:

Will Football Manager Touch be available using PC too?

1 hour ago, DP said:

Could be wrong but it seems like most releases they say something along the lines of "more realistic player decisions", "smarter AI" etc., Within a couple of matches, you could always tell things still have a long way to go. Defenders and goalkeepers reactions come to mind. 

In other words, for me, not an eye-brow raising announcement. 

7 minutes ago, Arkim said:

Could be wrong but it seems like most releases they say something along the lines of "more realistic player decisions", "smarter AI" etc., Within a couple of matches, you could always tell things still have a long way to go. Defenders and goalkeepers reactions come to mind. 

In other words, for me, not an eye-browsing announcement. 

It's actually very different 

24 minutes ago, zigaliro said:

I played my beta save from last year up until August this year without issue. Hadn't planned it, just turned into a really good save I couldn't give up.

Just now, Llew_Arshavin23 said:

Always find it quite amusing when people form opinions on the new match engine based off ten-second videos and words in a Features video. Just have some patience, play the game, observe the new match engine then start opining. 

Begone with common sense, it has no place here. :D

8 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

I bet every single person on here has checked their Steam account at least once since Miles's announcement in the forlorn hope the wee 'download' button would be next to the game already. 

Me? Guilty as charged. :lol:

Guilty.

1 hour ago, DP said:

I'm hoping it allows the game to show a clearer difference in level.

It should allow the best players in their respective positions to really shine , i hope anyway. Would be cool the if the smarter AI coupled with the new animations allowed the best players to really stand-out both in the ME and GE.

16 minutes ago, Llew_Arshavin23 said:

Always find it quite amusing when people form opinions on the new match engine based off ten-second videos and words in a Features video. Just have some patience, play the game, observe the new match engine then start opining. 

That's true, but when the words make sense and I think they do effectively address many of the problems with the FM16 ME, its fair to opine about that - in this case in a positive manner. It was actually what @Miles Jacobson said in the video that prompted me to pre-order.

Archived