Official Football Manager 2015 Feedback Thread 15.2.1

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
anyone able to say if it's just me experiencing this?

I still get news items if I player I've shortlisted signs a new contract. Along with everything else he does. Sometimes I just take a player off my shortlist due to the unnecessary fluff I get news on him about.

I still get news items if I player I've shortlisted signs a new contract. Along with everything else he does. Sometimes I just take a player off my shortlist due to the unnecessary fluff I get news on him about.

You can control what news you get about players on your shortlist via the manage subscriptions screen. I basically stop everything except transfer/contract stuff for players on the shortlist.

Talking about statistics, whilst it appears more reliable overall, I still wouldn't trust the CCC stat either.

LtGgTTa.jpg

Unless the goal and the six yard box is a completely vacant spot (it wasn't): How can finishes from such impossible angles be classed as CCCs (green dots of player 18 and 14)?

A 'chance' is not necessarily the shot on goal. You could be one on one with the keeper, no defenders in sight, but overrun the ball when rounding the keeper. A clear cut chance? Yes.

Have you checked the replays for what happened?

Oh NO! Where is match engine issues? Why didnt you fix them? :( I really disappointed. SI is confusing me..

This was only a hot fix. ME issues (of which none, imo, need a hot fix) will still get looked at for future updates/fixes.

yeah i've got the same but i'm not sure if it's my bad memory but i'm sure on previous footy man games you would receive a news item when a shortlisted player has been offered a new contract, as i said it might be my bad memory (highly possible)

Positive feedback is still feedback, right? :D I think SI showed incredible dedication and devotion to their customers by releasing the hotfix while they clearly intended 15.2 to be the last patch before the holidays.

After playing another season, the new match engine has really grown on me. The initial impression I had that it played poorer than 5.1.4 all but vanished - the only remaining concern for me is finishing, which I believe is still poorer than it should be on clear chances, and some incredibly talented goalkeeping. But the football played is more varied, interplay is great, and I think it's much more responsive to tactical changes, which is a great thing. Overall I'm loving FM 15 and having a great time with the game!

Positive feedback is still feedback, right? :D I think SI showed incredible dedication and devotion to their customers by releasing the hotfix while they clearly intended 15.2 to be the last patch before the holidays.

After playing another season, the new match engine has really grown on me. The initial impression I had that it played poorer than 5.1.4 all but vanished - the only remaining concern for me is finishing, which I believe is still poorer than it should be on clear chances, and some incredibly talented goalkeeping. But the football played is more varied, interplay is great, and I think it's much more responsive to tactical changes, which is a great thing. Overall I'm loving FM 15 and having a great time with the game!

We'll have none of your sense in here! :p But yeah, it is an extra. I've worked for a few companies who put on code freezes in early December so that nothing would go wrong when - potentially at least - a lot of staff were out on holidays over the festive period. Would've been easy enough for SI to pack up and just work on future stuff, but good to see they took a few of the issues that were annoying people and fixed them.

First game using the hot fix and the game won't continue past the 70th minute in my match, it hasn't frozen as I can watch any minute up to the 70th and go back to my home screen etc. anyone know how I can force it to continue?

If it's a highlight at that point, do the players just stop?

The major problem (and probably the only major one left, now that crosses have been reduced to their real life efficiency IMO) of FM 15 is - still - the total amount of created chances and / or shots. This is since ever the source of the biggest FM-player unhappiness: An awful conversion rate, superkeepers and "I've had 50 shots, my opponent only 2, they won 0-3". I think everyone would agree. If the amount of goals is more or less the same as real life, you will necessarily have an awful conversion rate if the amount of shots exceed real life numbers (which, I think, are less than 10 per team on average). Simple math. So as long as there will be too many shots created, the game HAS to have noticeable divergencies with real life football, which in turn is of course the source of unhappiness with FM-players.

So the absolutely primary focus for the match engine developers should be improving the defence

Best post in this thread. Its a shame nobody agrees with you because you nailed it. Lets hope at least the developers are reading this. You are describing the exact problem and what they should do.

Best post in this thread. Its a shame nobody agrees with you because you nailed it. Lets hope at least the developers are reading this. You are describing the exact problem and what they should do.

To be fair though, the developers almost definitely know exactly where the ME needs to improve. It's the "how" that is the problem. It's easy saying "improve defence", but a hell of a lot harder to make the code fixes needed to do that without changing something elsewhere.

• Administrators
First game using the hot fix and the game won't continue past the 70th minute in my match, it hasn't frozen as I can watch any minute up to the 70th and go back to my home screen etc. anyone know how I can force it to continue?

Raise the issue here please - http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/462-PC-Specific-Issues

I'd also suggest doing the following:

Can you please first delete your cache folder as shown here - https://support.sega.co.uk/hc/en-gb/articles/201580562-How-to-Do#delete-cache

Then delete your preferences files as shown here - https://support.sega.co.uk/hc/en-gb/articles/201580562-How-to-Do#delete-preferences

Then finally reverify your cache as shown here - https://support.sega.co.uk/hc/en-gb/articles/201580562-How-to-Do#verify-cache

Let me know how you get on, thanks.

Just had a penalty shootout and couldn't continue to the shootout after picking my takers. Did a search and found that hitting the spacebar did the trick but should there not be a continue button in the UI?

Hit the bar twice and Chelsea scored all of theirs although difficult to see as most balls bounced out of the net!!

Still can't pick a tactic in the match screen via dropdown menu. Still have to go to archive. Will this be fixed?

15.2.1 issues I've seen:

SI claim to have fixed the issues in the Match screens with the light skin. Nope, still getting dark blue on black lettering.

New problem: The pitch on the ME now has a big white line going all the way across the centre circle! WTF!

Some people call that "the half-way line". ;)

The major problem (and probably the only major one left, now that crosses have been reduced to their real life efficiency IMO) of FM 15 is - still - the total amount of created chances and / or shots. This is since ever the source of the biggest FM-player unhappiness: An awful conversion rate, superkeepers and "I've had 50 shots, my opponent only 2, they won 0-3". I think everyone would agree. If the amount of goals is more or less the same as real life, you will necessarily have an awful conversion rate if the amount of shots exceed real life numbers (which, I think, are less than 10 per team on average). Simple math. So as long as there will be too many shots created, the game HAS to have noticeable divergencies with real life football, which in turn is of course the source of unhappiness with FM-players.

Good post.

Personally (and this is just my quickest-route-to-fix-band-aid approach) I would just shift all the mentalities down by one (So Attack becomes Control) etc.

Attacking in it's current guise, when mishandled, produces too much insanity.

15.2.1 issues I've seen:

SI claim to have fixed the issues in the Match screens with the light skin. Nope, still getting dark blue on black lettering.

New problem: The pitch on the ME now has a big white line going all the way across the centre circle! WTF!

Can you report the centre circle issue here please: http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/447-Match-Engine-3D-and-Team-Talks

Very funny. For the record, the line isn't the halfway line. It's a giant line going all the way from 1 goal to the other. Just done a bit of tinkering with settings and the line goes away if I turn off the crowds in seats!

Glad that you've found a solution, a report would be appreciated if you have a PKM of that match though as it sounds like a bug.

It is a good post. However it doesn't raise any point that hasn't already been acknowledged by SI (see Tony Fallowes post earlier in this thread). They are aware that defending needs improving to balance these issues, the challenge is doing so without the game becoming a bore-fest. So, the developers are aware and I'm sure that there are a hell of a lot of people that agree with the points raised outside of SI too. Including me.

Hotfix: Seem unable to edit contract expiry date re in-game editor - or am I not meant to be able to do so?

Do i need to take steam offline then online again or just exit then back in?

Anyone help please :)

Just a little bump don't shout at me :) anyone help

Just a little bump don't shout at me :) anyone help

Are you employed as a manager? You should be able edit to edit this in a couple of places. It's on the Player Profile page and on Edit Club Contract.

If it's not there, can you open a thread here http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/461-In-Game-Editor-Issues with a screenshot please. Cheers

Are you employed as a manager? You should be able edit to edit this in a couple of places. It's on the Player Profile page and on Edit Club Contract.

If it's not there, can you open a thread here http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/461-In-Game-Editor-Issues with a screenshot please. Cheers

I have have followed your advice and reported issue. Definitely cannot alter contract date in either place.

It is a good post. However it doesn't raise any point that hasn't already been acknowledged by SI (see Tony Fallowes post earlier in this thread). They are aware that defending needs improving to balance these issues, the challenge is doing so without the game becoming a bore-fest. So, the developers are aware and I'm sure that there are a hell of a lot of people that agree with the points raised outside of SI too. Including me.

Is there a way to strengthen defensively while waiting for a new patch? I play a relatively defensive strategy and formation (4 at the back, 2 DM in front of the defense) but I regularly get 20+ shots against me. I get my fair share of shots as well and I still manage to keep a clean sheet so the results are not really a problem. But I just can't see my strategy implemented in the game which is to frustrate the opposition and to nick minor wins (I am the underdog in most of the games). I was successful in all previous versions in doing (even in 15.1.4) but now I do not like this ping-pong games with so many attacks/shots on goal.

Wow! Domino effect! :eek:

Anybody else seeing save time issues?

If so, please confirm whether a PC, Mac or Linux user, and the OS you are using.

EDIT - Please also post in the Bugs Forum, detailing the rough degradation is save game times, and your dxdiag (or equivalent Mac / Linux system report).

http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/443-Football-Manager-2015-Crashes-Technical-Game-Launch-and-Workshop-Issues

Is there a way to strengthen defensively while waiting for a new patch? I play a relatively defensive strategy and formation (4 at the back, 2 DM in front of the defense) but I regularly get 20+ shots against me. I get my fair share of shots as well and I still manage to keep a clean sheet so the results are not really a problem. But I just can't see my strategy implemented in the game which is to frustrate the opposition and to nick minor wins (I am the underdog in most of the games). I was successful in all previous versions in doing (even in 15.1.4) but now I do not like this ping-pong games with so many attacks/shots on goal.

I found that simply having 2 DMs does not do much, or is not enough. If you are getting carved open through the middle and lets say the AI is using 2 strikers, try assigning one of the DM as half-back, this would allow them to drop deeper when defending and hopefully stop the through balls that are getting past your centerbacks.

oh my god! saving lasts about 2 minutes for a 150mb save!!!

saving bug is back!

i cant believe this? how can this happen???

before patch it took for me about 20-25 seconds....

5820 haswell cpu.... unbelievable

It happens. It's hardly unbelievable. If something is broken once, it can easily break again. Benefit is that they know where they're looking if they have to fix it a second time.

Consider posting your whole set up in the Tactics forum, and we'll happily give some advice :thup:

I have a question in regard to FFP.

During my first season I was told that my team must not make a loss of more than 3.5M to comply with regulations.

Second season I was told that the figure was 7M.

Third season? We must not make a loss of more than 14M.

Should the boundaries be (seemingly) doubling year upon year?

Not a big thing but it is things like this why I give the media interaction a miss.

In the CL group stage we got off to a bad start, we dominated our 2 opening games but ended up getting beaten 1-0 and drawing 1-1, since then we have turned it round against the group favorites PSG, we have drawn 2-2 away and just beaten them 2-0 at home.

Here is how the group is looking after 4 matches...

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/27351070213254530/FA02071025BC1459F91C101A02589385BF5F4D41/

After the game my assistant does the press conference and the following message just makes no sense ....

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/27351070213250303/71250B64A39C642D28811B5E756A0C26140720D7/

We have 2 games to go, we are in control of what happens to us, 2 wins we are through, hell 2 draws could be enough, we do not need anyone to do us a favor.

We are hardly "Holding out for a miracle".

Like I said just a small thing and I can understand how hard it can be to get press responses for any given situation but, well the press conferences are still too intrusive and take more away from the game than they give.

Not a big thing but it is things like this why I give the media interaction a miss.

In the CL group stage we got off to a bad start, we dominated our 2 opening games but ended up getting beaten 1-0 and drawing 1-1, since then we have turned it round against the group favorites PSG, we have drawn 2-2 away and just beaten them 2-0 at home.

Here is how the group is looking after 4 matches...

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/27351070213254530/FA02071025BC1459F91C101A02589385BF5F4D41/

After the game my assistant does the press conference and the following message just makes no sense ....

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/27351070213250303/71250B64A39C642D28811B5E756A0C26140720D7/

We have 2 games to go, we are in control of what happens to us, 2 wins we are through, hell 2 draws could be enough, we do not need anyone to do us a favor.

We are hardly "Holding out for a miracle".

Like I said just a small thing and I can understand how hard it can be to get press responses for any given situation but, well the press conferences are still too intrusive and take more away from the game than they give.

Another fun one is "[TEAM X] looking to pile on the misery for [TEAM Y] fans", usually with my side being Team Y. For me that message should be shown to a basement club getting ready for another trouncing. I get it shown usually in the run-up to Champions League qualifiers, and the only reason I'm in those is because I'm dominant domestically. My fans are hardly miserable.

I think the thing that gets me the most is my assistant is agreeing with the press, I highly doubt any manager/assistant would be saying that we need a miracle or that we still have a very small chance given the position we are in.

I see things like this crop up from time to time with my assistant and it does bug me a little as it takes away the gloss from what should have been a great win, I know I am just getting too involved with the 'game'. :p

Archived