Official Football Manager 2015 Feedback Thread 15.2.1

How about the wages? I think it is still 'buggy'. Every player wants big unrealistic wage rises. Someone who gets 800k per annum want to get 3,5 mil per annum.... Every player has this problem. I don't think this is ok

I have a decent, middle of the road kind of player who wants a pay bump from £7k a week to £32k a week (was asking £45k). I mean, we did get promoted, and he's doing well, but that would make him the best paid player at the club.

Considered the reality of modern football though, if you're performing well, there will be wage inflation. There might be some imbalance here and there, but ultimately if a player is performing well enough for you to want to keep them, they're likely going to want a pay bump. If you don't think they're worth their demands, look elsewhere.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Equally, people may be making things out to be worse than they are, its very hard to tell on here at the best of times.

Or it's even more obvious than that. SI number of various PC/Mac configurations is much smaller than that of the general public, and therefore harder to see which variations might have issues, as show by some people who didnt have it before having it now, and some people not ever experiencing it in the first place.

If I bit into a worm while eating an apple, I would seriously question how and why that could happen, and take appropriate measures to make sure it didn't happen again.

Ah but the key is what are appropriate measures, kill all the apple trees in the world? kill all the worms in the world? something else?

This is absolutely not true, I regularly get players extending for the same wages or absolutely minimal rises.

Definitely this. Plus while talking about wages - is the following a new addition in this years game, or have I just never noticed it before;

If a player wants 50k a week, and I offer 45k which he declines but if I add another year on the contract he'll sign for around 40/42kpw. I'm sure in previous years it just went on the weekly wage. I've thought that's been a brilliant addition to negotiations this year.

Definitely this. Plus while talking about wages - is the following a new addition in this years game, or have I just never noticed it before;

If a player wants 50k a week, and I offer 45k which he declines but if I add another year on the contract he'll sign for around 40/42kpw. I'm sure in previous years it just went on the weekly wage. I've thought that's been a brilliant addition to negotiations this year.

If you offer a small amount more than he's asking for you can often get him to sign for extra years, best I've managed is 3 extra years for something like £150 extra on a £2k a week wage.

This can be a huge money saver.

been playing FM for over 6 years now, i have made this account just to say that after the lousy FM14 patch's that ruined my gaming exp for quiet some time, this patch is even worst. its the worst patch i have ever encountered in any FM.

FM is now so unrealistic. the 15.1.4 patch was much more realistic. if i was shot 20 shots on target and score 4 goals or 6-7 goals out of 30-40 shots its damn more realistic than forcing us to play narrow and direct playstyle in order to score.

team that plays slow tempo style have no chance vs the superman unrealistic marking the opponent is doing with the new patch.

and even when you do manage to shot on target 50% its a miss, like we are talking about not a top class team but some 50 years old grandpa's. on top of that 30% are blocks (really?) and if u score 1-2 goal's you are a king.

on the other hand you have the AI opponent, he plays narrow like i have never seen in real life before. he scores 1 goal per 2 shots which is also unrealistic. and able to defend his 16 like superman it appears ... oh wait the keeper... the keeper of the AI is god.

i mean where do i get that keeper? mine even with better stats cant get even close.

hah... its sad to say but in this patch SI just cheated the game, they applied stuff on the AI that are not only unrealistic but they are stuff that are not available for us either with all the team instructions/player instructions or formations we play.

as a tactic maker for me it feels like that someone trying to use cheats against me because i'm better than him or because he doesn't want me to be as good as i can be, thank you very much, but i will wait till fab and hope that the next patch wont be even worst

and will damn fix this issues.

first I'd like to say sorry for poor english it's not my native language and sorry for long post.

finally some food for a nice discussion here, good post Raniel. I don't know what happened to these forums there used to be some really great discussion here years ago about.

anyway I skipped last couple of FMs. I lost interest in this game mainly because of the direction this game went.

I don't really care for press conferences and interactions and things like that. these are all nice aditions but it's the match experience and squad managemant what should metter the most imo.

there's big improvement in FM15 ME I can't deny that but there are also many long term issueses and defending is surely one of those. far to many shots per game, issues to fine tune crossing, through balls, finishing, long shots are all directly linked to poor defensive aspect of AI behaviour. untill defensive play isn't improved, there won't be realistic attacking side because there will always be compensations to keep realistic scores.

there are many little things that could be fixed years ago like wingers running down the line and defenders just following them to kick the ball into corner. which looks totally stupid especially as it is happening all the time for many FMs now.

things like second man pressing and pressing before the player receives the ball should't be that hard to fix. I admit there is some improvement here though.

for me the biggest issue with defending is the fact there is still no real pressing on the ball and the avarage team (playing with defensive metality) turns into Barca.

couple that with the fact that favourite team plays with planty of rush which attacking mentalities produce you end up with strange looking football in the end. and the opposite what should be happening on the pitch in terms of posession.

to improve the defending these is the stuff that needs to improve: more agression and willingness to press, cutting out the passing options (especially forward passes, letting backpasses for exaple), second and third man pressing whenever possible.

tighter marking on first passing option players which would lead to more passes being cut.

there's one thing I find particulary unrealistic and shouldn't be that hard to fix. it's how easy players pass and more importantly control those long distance fast ground-passes in the middle of the pitch and in final third.

these midlle and long ground passes, the fast ones are not really ground. in reality they are bouncing on the ground and are really hard to control. this is where technical and mental ability comes into play. anyone who played football knows how hard it is to truly control those passes perfectly with defender on your back and how much a mistake can cost. it's probably the most important thing why short passing style (ground passing) is the hardest in reality. in FM it seems the easiest.

one thing I totally disagree with Raniel is what he says about 'less thing'. the game might benefit short term to reduce high scoring games or too many shots per game. but I think not just football, all sports and atheltes are becoming faster, stronger, bigger, more agressive etc. players never ran that much like nowdays, also the game has never been as fast.

I really don't believe slow tempo football exists in top level football anymore except from a few exceptions. but even Gurdiola and Enrique seem to be aware of that more and more. indeed football bacame a game of intercepted passes and counter attacks.

I agree with the idea there shouldn't be any rush in shooting except in All Out Attack. but less movement or tempo, I'd say more.

one thing more I'd like to say is that I really expected to see some changes in tactical setup of this game. defensive mentality tactics producing posessional one touch football and attacking producing rushed direct football is something I really hoped it would change. big disapointment here.

in real life teams have their style of play according to quality level, league and club tradition (which is becoming less and less important), squad quality and manager preferences. surely teams don't go from archaic slow tempo in one to gung ho football in next match.

I think that is a part of the game which can greatly improve in the future. and will also produce football much more resembling the real life. we know people can make all kinds of real life tactics and it's about time to improve the AI as it looks like the ME is capable to do so.

hope for some input of yours. cheers guys.

Anyone notice that when a player comes to moan at you (again) but also would happily speak to a senior player the option (a button) in the previous patch of asking the Captain to have a word is no longer there?

Mind you though these moaning players are getting laughable. I had one ask as to why I had sold another player even though I had bought a better player to take his place. Footballers eh?! I then had my Captain Kevin Nolan ask as to why I wasn't playing him but would quite happily talk to a senior player?!?!?!?! I gave him a mirror, that should be an interesting conversation! Then the funniest of all was when Sunderland came in for Diego Poyet. One of my response options was something along the lines of "Gus Poyet is the last person I would sell him to!!" That would make an interesting family discussion at Sunday lunch!! Joking aside interaction is woeful. I have signed a player permanently after a period on loan and yet when he signs permanently all the interaction seems to forget that he had already been here 10 months!! The game would be a lot better without it.

You will get treated like one if you use phrases like "bro".

There is no injury bug, just flawed managers who dont look after their players.

You can have your opinion of course. Respect my in that case :thup:

Perhaps I wasn't clear enough if you're still asking. It isn't a bug as injury rates in FM are lower than real life.

It's user input most likely.

12 injured players in 10 days isnt bug? You guys just dont wanna admit-this FM is full with problems-more that in last 3-4 years

i guess

isnt bug also

or this

:applause:

12 injured players in 10 days isnt bug?

No, it's absolutely dreadful management of your players. Take some responsibility. If it was bugged, everyone would be experiencing it. In my current 24 strong first team squad, I have no injuries at all, and in fact 20/24 players have 98% or above match fitness. You need to face up to the fact that your injuries are either your own doing, simple bad luck, or more likely a combination of both.

Your video wasn't a bug either, not sure what's supposed to be wrong with it exactly.

No, it's absolutely dreadful management of your players. Take some responsibility. If it was bugged, everyone would be experiencing it. In my current 24 strong first team squad, I have no injuries at all, and in fact 20/24 players have 98% or above match fitness. You need to face up to the fact that your injuries are either your own doing, simple bad luck, or more likely a combination of both.

and then the groundhog wrapped chocolate... funny thing we didnt have this on fm14. probably thats the bug in fm14

Your video wasn't a bug either, not sure what's supposed to be wrong with it exactly.

of course its not bug. goalkeeper talk with defender about afternoon barbecue

I must admit you guys- you are great team when you need to deny some things :thup:

Ah but the key is what are appropriate measures, kill all the apple trees in the world? kill all the worms in the world? something else?

Make sure that apples are kept properly, and if you have suspicions that one is a bit off, cut into it to check. In this case, considering it was so recent I'd just take some saves started at different patches and test them on various, older computers and see before pushing a patch out at this time.

If we'd actually been told what went wrong last time we could probably make all the apple based analogies we'd want though.

Make sure that apples are kept properly, and if you have suspicions that one is a bit off, cut into it to check. In this case, considering it was so recent I'd just take some saves started at different patches and test them on various, older computers and see before pushing a patch out at this time.

If we'd actually been told what went wrong last time we could probably make all the apple based analogies we'd want though.

How would that help anything? You dont think they have already tested multiple setups? It's nowhere near as simple as you make out, so please dont try and guess how they work.

Better off with leaving out the really poor analogies and stop trying second guess you are not really clued up on on their side. If your save is specifically loading slowly then post in the bugs thread with your specs, because its not a uniform issue.

12 injured players in 10 days isnt bug? You guys just dont wanna admit-this FM is full with problems-more that in last 3-4 years

The earlier screenshot showed a lot of injuries, but no info about what he is doing with his training setup or how he uses his players (especially) those not match-fit.

The only info we were given, was that he rests players before and after games. Now I'm not sure where in the season he is, but under normal circumstances, that's going to mean that the players hardly ever train. Put them into intense or full matches and they're going to drop like flies. It's just logic.

Bro.

The injuries are not a bug.

I have a busy schedule with my team with games every weekend and every midweek. If my success continues, then I expect further games added to this as the season goes on.

Anyway, every game I have to rotate the squad as the fitness of my team is at breaking point. The result is that I get a very limited amount of injuries as I manage this. In fact, I would say this is one of the most realistic parts of the game. If I played my first XI each and every game, irrespective of their fitness, then my injuries would invariably go up considerably.

Matorko, could you report it in the ME bugs forum with the PKM of that match uploaded to the FTP, please? Matches like that are of great interest to SI.

Was this an AI v AI match or were you involved?

Yeah, you're right, it's edited.

Thanks Matorko - I've asked in the thread if you can upload the whole save too.

That result for AI vs. AI is crazy, even with the sending off. If you upload a save, SI can investigate many more things than the .pkm itself, to see things like squad selection, tactics used etc. etc.

I've had my share of crazy results. I don't mind occasional goal bonanza (4-2, 4-3, 5-2, etc), it can happen, but 6-10 had to be reported. I'll upload my save game and I hope they'll fix these issues.

This happened last season. Fun fact: Ipswich was around 10-15th, whilst Watford was 1st on the table and were undefeated for a while before that game.

It's AI vs AI again.

a074d6b5b391421f3190fbaaa440012f.png

Hi! Don't know if it's been raised here or in the bug forum, I would be surprised if someone has, as it is not excactly making the game un-playable :)

I was doing post-season staff search and was going to sign a manager for my U-18 team, I only had an assistand for my U-18, which is a bit stupid on my part. When I was approaching suitable candidates the first three rejected my approaches as they would rather prefer being assistant manager for the U-18 team than being manager. I found that a bit odd, and I had to increase wages, give up compensation for a managerial compensation and add a 10% yearly wage increase to get someone, as everyone else rejected being manager, only wanting to be ass. man.

This isn't very important I know, but thought I'd report it anyway.

I'm going to chuck my 2p in on some of the recurring feedback in this thread, whilst trying to avoid a fruity analogy.

I should say at this stage I play FMC.

Injuries

I've not really experienced any of the issues that people post in here, sure I've had a couple of games where 2 players have been carried off, and gone through mini injury runs, but nothing that compares. In the last couple of seasons we've played 50+ games per year and I have a very small squad. Looking after your players and keeping an eye on your training is increasingly important. If we are playing 5-6 games in a couple of weeks I will go and tone down training, and increase rest periods, as this is just common sense. I also think that people overlook the natural fitness attribute sometimes, if I have a choice between 2 similar players and one is more natrually fit than the other, that wins every time.

Crazy Scores

This is something that needs work from SI, but I'm not sure it's a massive bug as such. If you look around on many of the FM forums, a lot (not all) of people are playing an attacking uber-pressing game, which logically within the confines of the ME is going to produce crazy games. I think over the years people have become accustomed to being able to attack relentlessly without really getting consistently punished by the ME, and this year that has started to happen more often. I still think SI need to do some work here, and 100% need a re-think on communicating to players the sensitivities of the attacking mentalities. After all it should be very, very difficult to play an ultra attacking game with a solid defence. I would personally be more worried if some of these tactics were producing consistently low scoring games.

Player Interaction

Playing FMC I have limited exposure to this, but it's clearly an area that's underdeveloped. The frequency of these interactions (media as well) was what turned me away from full FM, but as and when the balance is struck between frequency and impact (along with having more appropriate conversation flow) I would go back. Area that needs work.

Save Times

Seen a slight increase in this, but in all honesty I cannot understand why so many people feel this is a major issue. My hardware is good, but not amazing. I just do something else when the game is saving anyway.

There clearly are a few bugs kicking around, but I have to agree that the most common and vociferous feedback is partly (maybe mostly) manageable by the user. That said however, my main criticism of SI & the game in general is the lack of consistent quality feedback and "help" the game provides (don't get me started on the assistant feedback in game).

Hi! Don't know if it's been raised here or in the bug forum, I would be surprised if someone has, as it is not excactly making the game un-playable :)

I was doing post-season staff search and was going to sign a manager for my U-18 team, I only had an assistand for my U-18, which is a bit stupid on my part. When I was approaching suitable candidates the first three rejected my approaches as they would rather prefer being assistant manager for the U-18 team than being manager. I found that a bit odd, and I had to increase wages, give up compensation for a managerial compensation and add a 10% yearly wage increase to get someone, as everyone else rejected being manager, only wanting to be ass. man.

This isn't very important I know, but thought I'd report it anyway.

Without the option in the "role" drop down of U18 manager/assistant/coach it can be a total pain in the Jacksons recruiting for U18 staff. Endless numbers change to "None" in the "interest in role" field as soon as U18s are mentioned in the "approach to sign" screen.

I'd given up on that a while ago and now just put an advert in the jobcentre. Otherwise you waste hours.

I get Update queued on steam. What can I do?

If you have either the game itself or the editor running you will need to exit them before the update can launch. Once everything is shut down, double clicking on the game in Steam should update it.

Not sure if the demo was patched at all or not, but I downloaded it last night and it's putting me off purchasing the full game due to high score lines and defending (both openly and against set pieces) being poor.

I don't mind conceding often, even when playing as a big team, but compared to thousands of hours on previous versions, something is clearly not right with tactical instructions and/or the match engine.

Which is a shame as this is the first version for years that I've enjoyed the user interface.

Not sure if the demo was patched at all or not, but I downloaded it last night and it's putting me off purchasing the full game due to high score lines and defending (both openly and against set pieces) being poor.

I don't mind conceding often, even when playing as a big team, but compared to thousands of hours on previous versions, something is clearly not right with tactical instructions and/or the match engine.

Which is a shame as this is the first version for years that I've enjoyed the user interface.

You can check whether the demo has been updated. Check that the ME version is ME1541.

I think I will put my save on the back burner for now.

I have played quite a few games since the update last week, I was quite busy during the week so it was just the last couple of days and there is just too many silly matches going on.

I have used the same tactic for 3 seasons and the football and the matches win or lose have been very fun to watch, now they are frustrating and to be honest a bit boring.

I know it may sound stupid to say they are boring given the sheer amount of chances my team creates but given that most games there will be around 30 missed chances for my team and then if I get lucky a goal, almost every game is following the same routine.

There will come the odd game when goals start to fly in and that also looks a bit stupid, I posted earlier were I was in a game that was 6-2 at halftime.

I have been very open minded about my tactics for the last 2 releases but I really do not see any point in changing it, I am creating lots of chances, I am getting good amounts of CCC and half chances, I am keeping the opposition from getting very little but the game just feels off.

The last game I played there I decided I would just save and wait for an update.

It followed the same routine, I am in total control and for 84 minutes we are battering them, I had 30 shots at goal, some CCC and quite a few half chances, it is then we finally score and we win 1-0.

I know there could and should be games like this but I really should not be seeing it every other week, it really does suck a lot of the fun out of the game.

That game ended with me having 36 shots at goal to their 3 shots at goal, it is very similar to what I am seeing every week since the update last week.

Trust me I know this must be a nightmare for SI as some people are reporting high scoring games and here I am reporting that for the most part it is not so much high scoring games but just the sheer amount of chances being created by my side.

Anyway the game was a lot of fun prior to that update, I am sure with a bit more tinkering you guys will get it right.

Still too many corners being scored, can't defend them no matter what I try, only the ai players win 50/50 balls, crosses are too overpowered, the full backs seem to lack the ability to tackle. The goalies are awful, standing out of position 9 times out of 10. Worst FM I've ever played, might be worth actually putting effort into the ME next year

Still too many corners being scored, can't defend them no matter what I try, only the ai players win 50/50 balls, crosses are too overpowered, the full backs seem to lack the ability to tackle. The goalies are awful, standing out of position 9 times out of 10. Worst FM I've ever played, might be worth actually putting effort into the ME next year

Worth reading the forum house rules too.

Still too many corners being scored, can't defend them no matter what I try

Why is it when people complain about the way goals are scored, it is ALWAYS the goals they concede they mention? Surely if there's an issue with a particular method of scoring, you'd score loads from this method too? But that's never mentioned.

Why is it when people complain about the way goals are scored, it is ALWAYS the goals they concede they mention? Surely if there's an issue with a particular method of scoring, you'd score loads from this method too? But that's never mentioned.

Because I never score from them, and 9 /10 my corners end up being broken against. Especially when my defenders have better defensive attributes than 95% of the league, so I shouldn't be conceding about 15 corners a season like I did, in comparison to the one I scored, so obviously, I'm going to mention how many i'm conceding

I can safely say I score a ridiculous amount of set pieces as well as conceding them.

But yes, people will moan at anything that means they aren't winning. There was little noise for many years of people enjoying exploiting corner tactics to win. If it worked the other way there would have been uproar.

Just like fans in real moan if a bad decision goes against them but stay quiet if one goes in their favour.

Most FM players have very selective memory. We usually remember only those incidents that went against us

Because I never score from them, and 9 /10 my corners end up being broken against. Especially when my defenders have better defensive attributes than 95% of the league, so I shouldn't be conceding about 15 corners a season like I did, in comparison to the one I scored, so obviously, I'm going to mention how many i'm conceding

But you're mentioning it as a criticism of the game, implying there are too many corner goals. If that's the case, how come you've only scored one?

You have all the same tools at your disposal as the AI does, and the game doesn't differentiate between a human player and an AI one.

But you're mentioning it as a criticism of the game, implying there are too many corner goals. If that's the case, how come you've only scored one?

You have all the same tools at your disposal as the AI does, and the game doesn't differentiate between a human player and an AI one.

It is a criticism of the game, because it shouldn't be happening. As my defenders are considerably better than the opposing teams, and my team is significantly stronger physically and taller which they are then I shouldn't be conceding that many goals, and if I am, then I should be scoring an equal amount if not more. It happens too frequently, don't have a problem with conceding the odd goal here and there from corners, but its every other game

It is a criticism of the game, because it shouldn't be happening. As my defenders are considerably better than the opposing teams, and my team is significantly stronger physically and taller which they are then I shouldn't be conceding that many goals, and if I am, then I should be scoring an equal amount if not more. It happens too frequently, don't have a problem with conceding the odd goal here and there from corners, but its every other game

You clearly don't get it.

If the game is broken and corners specifically then you should be benefitting as much as the AI. If you're not then it's clearly preventable as the AI are preventing you from scoring.

Also as an aside, since when did having superior players absolutely guarantee victory?

To be of more help, did you change something of the default way to defend on corner ? If not, have a look in the tactic forum it would help !

Archived