Official Football Manager 2015 Feedback Thread 15.2.1

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm playing as Valencia and have like 120k wage budget left ad can't defer above 14k as key player.....

Why?

Because that will be the restrictions your board has put in place for the salary of a 'key player'. There could be a number of reasons for this, ranging from your projected finances, to financial fair play, to the amount of key players you already have. Or they might just not want you squandering ridiculous wages on rubbish. It's their club, up to them to decide how much they'll allow you to offer.

My thoughts on 15.2. Game is too easy and some of the score lines are ridiculous. The sheer amount of shots my players take per game, regardless of what I collectively and individually tell them to do, is unrealistic. I think it's becoming increasingly likely that this version of the ME won't be fixed in this version of the game. They'll keep tweaking it until their development cut over period where it will be promised the ME will be improved for FM16. Historically there usually aren't many major ME tweaks once the new year rolls around.

My thoughts on 15.2. Game is too easy and some of the score lines are ridiculous. The sheer amount of shots my players take per game, regardless of what I collectively and individually tell them to do, is unrealistic. I think it's becoming increasingly likely that this version of the ME won't be fixed in this version of the game. They'll keep tweaking it until their development cut over period where it will be promised the ME will be improved for FM16. Historically there usually aren't many major ME tweaks once the new year rolls around.

You're very wrong. We still have 15.3 to look forward to and there are always ME fixes included in the third big update.

Is there a known issue with assists being credited to the wrong player ?

For example here Giovinco was credited with the assist even though its Oscampos that beats his man and plays the ball across the face of goal for Redmond

wgf5ca.gif

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/MU81YKh9sQw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

You're very wrong. We still have 15.3 to look forward to and there are always ME fixes included in the third big update.

I can barely contain my excitement. FM14 the ME got worse with every update and sadly I feel FM15 has gone the same way (15.2 is a serious regression to 15.1). I have zero faith that 15.3 will do anything but bring new problems.

I can barely contain my excitement. FM14 the ME got worse with every update and sadly I feel FM15 has gone the same way (15.2 is a serious regression to 15.1). I have zero faith that 15.3 will do anything but bring new problems.

So how many shots does your team attempt on average, apparently regardless of instructions? I'm averaging around 17 shots / game, FWIW.

Nothing quite brings out a serial saver/reloader than a save game time issue.

You're probably right about some users, but this version has (for me at least) more crash dumps than earlier versions. I've had 4, which is probably 2 more than I have ever had on any previous FM. That itself isn't a big issue, it takes about 2-3 minutes to load up the game again, no worries. But playing games on FM that you already have played? That is horrible, I hate it, and want to do everything I can to avoid it! Scouting 10-20 players in pre-sesason isn't excactly fun doing twice :) Combine that with a computer that needs two books underneath it to keep from overheating (shutting down), it's important to save every week or at least every 14 days.

So how many shots does your team attempt on average, apparently regardless of instructions? I'm averaging around 17 shots / game, FWIW.

Between 25 to 35 at the moment if I play 4231W. If I really do my best to fudge it and try and force my players to try and walk the ball into the net, play on defensive or containment then I can bring that down to about 20. On average CCC's are about 20% of total shots. I've given up on my save now and am just experimenting and I listed in the bugs forum how I beat Barca 5-2 in the Nou Camp playing containment. I didn't even play with a striker in that game!

That's the spirit!!

Long time FM addict. The first version I bought was CM93. The game is like crack. It's almost always flawed, gets worse the more you play and yet you just can't give it up even when you know it's pointless playing it!!!!

Just to throw some stats out there, Shots Per Game average roughly 25 in real life. Of these, 33-45% will be on target. The current Match Engine replicates these statistics almost exactly. There was a match between QPR and Leicester earlier this month which produced 52 shots on goal (it ended 3-2). This season Manchester City are averaging 17 shots on goal per match. Some matches in the Premier League this season have seen one of the two sides attempt 30 shots or more on goal and it's not unusual for the big teams to rack up roughly 25 shots on goal on a fairly regular basis. This is not an attempt to deny potential bugs in the Match Engine, we're aware that we need to work hard to push things forward, but it does show that matches in real life can also produce what may be considered 'extreme' statistics.

Average shots per game for each Premier League team this season. (In real life)

17.9 Man City

16.8 Arsenal

14.9 Chelsea

14.7 Liverpool

14.6 Man Utd

14.4 West Ham

14.1 Southampton

13.9 Stoke

13.6 Everton

13.5 Newcastle

13.3 QPR

12.9 Tottenham

11.6 Burnley

11.6 West Brom

10.9 Sunderland

9.8 Crystal Palace

9.6 Leicester

9.5 Hull City

9.5 Swansea

9.2 Aston Villa

In my City save i'm averaging around 24 shots per game, in my West Brom save around 16.

Clearly my tactics have a large baring on this so its hard to draw a firm conclusion but i'd say in FM there are more shots but its not too far out, HOWEVER in FM i see lots of instances where an attack results in MULTIPLE shots i.e first shot hitting defender, loose ball results in ANOTHER shot often hitting the Keeper or Defender sometimes this happens 3 or 4 times from one attack.

This penalty box 'pinball' doesn't really happen much in real life, this effect could be throwing the numbers out.

Is there a known issue with assists being credited to the wrong player ?

For example here Giovinco was credited with the assist even though its Oscampos that beats his man and plays the ball across the face of goal for Redmond

wgf5ca.gif

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/MU81YKh9sQw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Please report it in the ME bugs forum with the PKM. :thup:

17.9 Man City

16.8 Arsenal

14.9 Chelsea

14.7 Liverpool

14.6 Man Utd

14.4 West Ham

14.1 Southampton

13.9 Stoke

13.6 Everton

13.5 Newcastle

13.3 QPR

12.9 Tottenham

11.6 Burnley

11.6 West Brom

10.9 Sunderland

9.8 Crystal Palace

9.6 Leicester

9.5 Hull City

9.5 Swansea

9.2 Aston Villa

In my City save i'm averaging around 24 shots per game, in my West Brom save around 16.

Clearly my tactics have a large baring on this so its hard to draw a firm conclusion but i'd say in FM there are more shots but its not too far out, HOWEVER in FM i see lots of instances where an attack results in MULTIPLE shots i.e first shot hitting defender, loose ball results in ANOTHER shot often hitting the Keeper or Defender sometimes this happens 3 or 4 times from one attack.

This penalty box 'pinball' doesn't really happen much in real life, this effect could be throwing the numbers out.

Team with average most shots per game per season:

2013/14 - Chelsea, 17.31 shots per game

2012/13 - Liverpool, 17.61

2011/12 - Man City, 17.53

2010/11 - Chelsea, 16.71

2009/10 - Chelsea, 18.34

2008/09 - Chelsea, 17.26

2007/08 - Man Utd, 16.32

Finding it really hard to get any interest for my young players on loan since the update. the season before the update i loaned out around 15 players on season long loans whereas this year i was only able to send 4 players out to affiliate clubs. I'm playing in the Israeli league with a now top league club with youngsters that my assistant says would be stars in the lower division which i have loaded. Just seems strange that when i offer the players out on loan with no wage demands it generates no interest, all the players have looking forward to going out on loan to gain experience. Any tips from anyone on this issue would be appreciated?

I think you've hit the nail on the head. Just doing a deeper dive into the match analysis and most of my shots are in the penalty area. A quick review of the match demonstrates exactly what you are suggesting. Three or four occasions per match there is this huge goal mouth scramble that results in three, four or five shots being taken.

Which they are. Jesus...again, you're acting like they just pushed the patch out with a big "MEH", and clearly have no understanding that these things, while frustrating, happen in software development. Hell, it's happened in the ME every single update since CM began.

Speaking as someone who has run software development teams, they shouldn't happen as frequently as they do. FM is a complex piece of software but there must be a category A list of OAT & UAT checklists that are ticked off (preferably after a tertiary of checks by at least three different professional test analysts). I would expect that list to be at least 1,000 items long. Sounds like a lot but a lot of the tests would only last a few seconds, e.g. timing how long the game took to save. On top of that you have an army of willing unpaid beta testers for any new patch release.

Speaking as someone who has run software development teams, they shouldn't happen as frequently as they do. FM is a complex piece of software but there must be a category A list of OAT & UAT checklists that are ticked off (preferably after a tertiary of checks by at least three different professional test analysts). I would expect that list to be at least 1,000 items long. Sounds like a lot but a lot of the tests would only last a few seconds, e.g. timing how long the game took to save. On top of that you have an army of willing unpaid beta testers for any new patch release.

And how many setups would they run that on? Every single user's? That's where the problems come in, as, personally, my setup is running saves fine. Slightly longer than before, but not overly so.

They probably have thousands of tests, a lot of them automated, some of them manual. And that will probably catch 98% of what is going wrong. They'll never be able to catch 100% though, especially for a game which, for all intents and purposes, runs on an infinite number of different setups and configurations.

One thing I would perhaps like is the feature to change your decision on deadline day about participating. I had no intention of buying or selling anyone at this point, I'd got my team settled and the first few results of the season had gone well so no reason to make any further changes.

Then quite late on in the day the chairman accepted two bids over my head and I missed the initial messages about this (perhaps even a game-stop notification could help that auto-continue doesn't override, like with squad registration) and with around 4 hours left I tried to sign replacements, but there wasn't then enough time to tie up the transfers when the game continued. I don't think its a bug at all, and it's an incredibly rare situation to have found myself in, never having experienced it before but it has left me a bit hamstrung until January. Since they were both my first choice central defenders I then had to sign an ageing defender who was out of contract to come in as cover.

I'd think something similar to the "return from holiday" button but "participate in deadline day" option could be a good thing to allow you to step into the deadline day events at some point during a processing point after the initial take part/decline prompt.

One thing I would perhaps like is the feature to change your decision on deadline day about participating. I had no intention of buying or selling anyone at this point, I'd got my team settled and the first few results of the season had gone well so no reason to make any further changes.

Then quite late on in the day the chairman accepted two bids over my head and I missed the initial messages about this (perhaps even a game-stop notification could help that auto-continue doesn't override, like with squad registration) and with around 4 hours left I tried to sign replacements, but there wasn't then enough time to tie up the transfers when the game continued. I don't think its a bug at all, and it's an incredibly rare situation to have found myself in, never having experienced it before but it has left me a bit hamstrung until January. Since they were both my first choice central defenders I then had to sign an ageing defender who was out of contract to come in as cover.

I'd think something similar to the "return from holiday" button but "participate in deadline day" option could be a good thing to allow you to step into the deadline day events at some point during a processing point after the initial take part/decline prompt.

Agree with this, however I would also question why the chairman would sell both of your first choice centrals defenders, foolish man!

I'm never going to be accused of agreeing with the mods here all that much, but he's right, they've improved that a lot since Beta. I'm not even sure how you could argue otherwise.

Yes they've improved gk reactions but only 'improved'. They couldnt solve 'completely'. We can still see goals by this stupid issue. Absolutely, I cant play FM with this ridiculous issue

Yes they've improved gk reactions but only 'improved'. They couldnt solve 'completely'. We can still see goals by this stupid issue. Absolutely, I cant play FM with this ridiculous issue

Yes but you can these stupid goals irl too. If you can't play then don't.

IRL goalkeepers do make mistakes you know. What do you want perfect goalkeepers???

Problem is you're seeing this as an issue now as it used to be a serious issue several updates ago, what you are failing to take into account however is that these mistakes actually happen in real life and are realistic. They might make a few minor changes to GK's in the next update but that's it really, it's almost perfect how it is now.

Don't try and make out it's still a game breaking issue when it isn't. Criticism is fine but you need to actually have a point.

So you, whoever you are, want people to stop raising this issue? Is there *any* criticism that you are able to tolerate? Please let us know. I would hate for our complaining to make you miserable.....

He always has to chip in with something, he's a wannabe mod of which there seem to be quite a few around here.

Alright for him to say that FM15 has gone backwards in certain aspects of FM14 though.

The ME in this one is the only thing better than FM14.

Crazy Scores

This is something that needs work from SI, but I'm not sure it's a massive bug as such. If you look around on many of the FM forums, a lot (not all) of people are playing an attacking uber-pressing game, which logically within the confines of the ME is going to produce crazy games. I think over the years people have become accustomed to being able to attack relentlessly without really getting consistently punished by the ME, and this year that has started to happen more often. I still think SI need to do some work here, and 100% need a re-think on communicating to players the sensitivities of the attacking mentalities. After all it should be very, very difficult to play an ultra attacking game with a solid defence. I would personally be more worried if some of these tactics were producing consistently low scoring games.

This, 1000 times!!! Some people just don't get it :(

Archived