Official Football Manager 2015 Feedback Thread 15.2.1

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok just wondering if the bug with not being able to discipline players is fixed. IF NOT then I don't think I will update mine since from the sound of it this hotfix is a step backwards with regards to 3d match graphic issues and the save times. I would see for myself but once you update there is no going back so any info would be great :)

Sorry SI sounds like a bit of a moan it really isnt, I just REALLY dont want to go back to sitting there for 5/10 minutes waiting for the game to save when I have work in the morning lol

Ah cool nice one... I assume your responding to the discipline issue? thanx yo... I guess I will update then as recently my players have been putting in some less than impressive performances lol

oops yeah, sorry, the quote thing somehow didnt work!

The issue is with saving times, not the crash dumps. I've only had a few crash dumps but I save every week to make sure if/when I do get another i'll only lose a weeks worth of progress.

Personally I thing the patch has ruined the game in many ways. Pre patch I certainly wasn't experiencing high scoring games but chances were created and goals were scored in many different ways,. Roles seemed to have a difference that you could actually see and the only things I found personally was particularly bad were set pieces - which still are and awful tracking back of attacking duties in the AM area,.

Since the patch there are still a fair few chances but conversion rates are poor and there seems to be a higher rate of long shots now where pre patch my tactic at least created chances in the box. Goals have lost their variety and successful crosses have been nuked big time and where you still see a lot of crosses I haven't seen any beautiful headed goals since the patch as most crosses seem to be blocked or intercepted. In my last match I had 38 crosses with one completed.

Roles seem to play the same. I can't see a difference between a RD - IF or winger, same with Anchor Man and Roaming Playmaker. Wing backs that pre patch bombed forward just seem to sit most of the time and due to the ghastly nature of an AM with an attack duty failing to do any sort of tracking back you seem forced into support roles although as stated that was also pre patch.

I may be wrong but it seems that SI have taken on board certain comments about a high number of goals and rather than improved the defensive side of things they have just toned down attacking and finishing. As I say I may be wrong but that's how the ME seems at the minute. It's a great shame because one would hope each update would be better than the previous rather than becoming worse with each update.

I'd rather we just got rid of all this woeful player interaction, ridiculous press conferences and all the fancy peripherals and just for once got a good, working realistic ME, after all as in real football the match is the most important bit!!

Personally I thing the patch has ruined the game in many ways. Pre patch I certainly wasn't experiencing high scoring games but chances were created and goals were scored in many different ways,. Roles seemed to have a difference that you could actually see and the only things I found personally was particularly bad were set pieces - which still are and awful tracking back of attacking duties in the AM area,.

Since the patch there are still a fair few chances but conversion rates are poor and there seems to be a higher rate of long shots now where pre patch my tactic at least created chances in the box. Goals have lost their variety and successful crosses have been nuked big time and where you still see a lot of crosses I haven't seen any beautiful headed goals since the patch as most crosses seem to be blocked or intercepted. In my last match I had 38 crosses with one completed.

Roles seem to play the same. I can't see a difference between a RD - IF or winger, same with Anchor Man and Roaming Playmaker. Wing backs that pre patch bombed forward just seem to sit most of the time and due to the ghastly nature of an AM with an attack duty failing to do any sort of tracking back you seem forced into support roles although as stated that was also pre patch.

I may be wrong but it seems that SI have taken on board certain comments about a high number of goals and rather than improved the defensive side of things they have just toned down attacking and finishing. As I say I may be wrong but that's how the ME seems at the minute. It's a great shame because one would hope each update would be better than the previous rather than becoming worse with each update.

I'd rather we just got rid of all this woeful player interaction, ridiculous press conferences and all the fancy peripherals and just for once got a good, working realistic ME, after all as in real football the match is the most important bit!!

I thought it said that it was the same ME and they'd just done a hotfix for the graphical issues n disciplinary stuff.....

You are indeed wrong, please by all means keep reporting what you find wrong but don't keep making silly assumptions as to why that might be so :)

I stand corrected. As I say it's just how it feels.

A lot of people worry that SI listen too hard to people in this thread, they know how to filter the good from the bad and they know better than anybody how the game works so it's not an issue.

A lot of people worry that SI listen too hard to people in this thread, they know how to filter the good from the bad and they know better than anybody how the game works so it's not an issue.

Fair point but for instance the toning down of goals from crosses and also the finishing issues since the ME update, is that done through tweaking defensive play or attacking play?

Fair point but for instance the toning down of goals from crosses and also the finishing issues since the ME update, is that done through tweaking defensive play or attacking play?

It won't be just one thing, it could very well be many things.

I think that is the part where people get hung up on.

Some people come on and say "improve 1 on 1 finishing", for that SI would have to then maybe stop just how many through balls lead to a 1 on 1, also they may have to stop how many long shot goals there were to balance the goals per match, maybe even slightly decrease the goals from corners.

Of course they can't lower the long shots and goals from corners too much or then people would complain there is not enough, a fine line.

I mean we all see one on ones maybe from a long ball on the counter attack, we also see them from a smart lob from the halfway line and the striker running on to it, all this has to change for that 1 change to not break the ME and causing far too many goals.

Has something changed in player interactions and transfers? I just updated my save, and within 3 days 4 of my best players suddenly want to leave to go to a bigger club. Three of them want to go to Paderborn, and one of those three doesn't even have Paderborn shown as interested in him (but he specifically says he wants to go to Paderborn).

What the heck is going on with Morale? In the space of 3 days many of my players morale has gone from Good to Abysmal back to Fairly Poor. No games were played nor did I interact with the players at all in these 3 days. And after 1 routine win many are back to Good or Superb. Are the players not taking their meds after this patch?

What was the goal? deflected by any chance?
If the original shot was on target but then deflected off an opponent it should still count as a shot on target. However, if the shot was off target and deflected in it should count as an own goal. This is how own goals are worked out IRL anyway.

What the heck is going on with Morale? In the space of 3 days many of my players morale has gone from Good to Abysmal back to Fairly Poor. No games were played nor did I interact with the players at all in these 3 days. And after 1 routine win many are back to Good or Superb. Are the players not taking their meds after this patch?

Know what you mean. I went 23 games without defeat. Then lost the FA Cup Semi Final on penalties. Drew the next, won the next and then lost the last three games of the season!!

What happened to saving time guys :) I understand all the stuff about balancing the ME being challenging, but I can't understand how this is not caught before releasing an update. How is it possible that no-one in SI ever clicks on the save button once to see the problem :)

They do, it's weird there wasn't a problem up until this update went live (there never was a problem for some) now there's a problem for some who didn't have a problem and not a problem for some who did, if you see what I mean? :confused:

They do, it's weird there wasn't a problem up until this update went live (there never was a problem for some) now there's a problem for some who didn't have a problem and not a problem for some who did, if you see what I mean? :confused:

Every PC has a different configuration, so what works on one, won't necessarily work on the next one. Thus, when they fix a problem for one user, it could well create a problem for another user that didn't have the problem in the first place... I think... Now my head hurts...

Weird indeed. I hope they will release 15.2.2 before holiday. I typically save my game right after every match, just in case something happens. Therefore, long saving time is really annoying for me. Now I have to take a break after each match, pretty much :)

Has anyone got problems with crash dumps, just played 1 game since hotfix, won 3-0 some superb performances by players , get to inbox news and the game crashes Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, just in from work and I can't be bothered starting it up again at this hour.

I agree with the guy that just got censored. The tactics screen is really ugly and cumbersome. I also lose tactics but I have a few base "archieved" tactics and tweak them on the fly.

He was fortunate to be censored rather than censured :) we don't tolerate deliberate insults of SI or their staff.

would be fun if the game worked for more then a few days ingame instead of instant random crash.had the game since release and they still havent fixed it.awsome job on another pointless patch

Given crashes are usually (but not always ) caused by user side hardware/software configurations, you probably should create a thread uploading your specs in the technical thread so someone can help you. Would have been more useful than waiting since launch and then making a post that ultimately is useless to those who might be able to help you.

Has anyone got problems with crash dumps, just played 1 game since hotfix, won 3-0 some superb performances by players , get to inbox news and the game crashes Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, just in from work and I can't be bothered starting it up again at this hour.

Played 1 game and there's a problem? Really? Go delete game cache files, and see if that helps. If not, check bugs forum for tips..... but would you have posted if you had LOST 3-0 with poor performances ???? Considering the ME has not changed in the hotfix, it's still the same from 15.2 to 15.2.1 .........

would be fun if the game worked for more then a few days ingame instead of instant random crash.had the game since release and they still havent fixed it.awsome job on another pointless patch

Tried bugs forum? posted technical specs? asked for help? oh no, wait, that was your first post...

try here > http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/437-Football-Manager-2015-Bugs-Forum

or here, in the imaginatively titled > Football Manager 2015 Crashes, Technical, Game Launch and Workshop Issues>

http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/443-Football-Manager-2015-Crashes-Technical-Game-Launch-and-Workshop-Issues

Given crashes are usually (but not always ) caused by user side hardware/software configurations, you probably should create a thread uploading your specs in the technical thread so someone can help you. Would have been more useful than waiting since launch and then making a post that ultimately is useless to those who might be able to help you.

its a very known problem.no point posting more crash dumps on something that has been uploaded over a 100 times already with the same issue and no fix

Archived