Best feeling on FM?

The best feeling is when your striker actually crosses the ball to someone else for a tap in instead of smashing it into the side netting everytime.

Or when my defenders actually stay with their man.

Or when my goalkeeper picks the ball up when it's 1cm away instead of waiting for an opposing striker to run 50metres, steal the ball and score.

I have a party everytime my team pass and move instead of lump forward and abandon their positions.

First reply not quite in the spirit the OP intended.

Best feeling for me is a last minute winner against a big rival after they have pretty much parked the bus and fouled all the way through the game, disrupting your rythmn. Especially when that winner is a free kick into the top corner and wins us the league.

Getting a son was great. Realising he wasn't very good, not so great.

Getting very good newgens come through the academy and then seeing them blossom is brilliant.

GK's scoring goals.

GK's doing somersaults/Kilinsmann's after scoring goals.

Late late late late winners/equalisers.

Seeing Sammarinese players do well at other clubs.

playing a network game and winning more silverware than your friend who has spent 3 times the amount of cash you have

having a regen start and end his career at the club, and seeing his name beside yours on the legends list :')

I'm still in my first save. I've been through several teams. What's made me happy is with my first club or two I made some signings of some young players (scouted on my own, not using any lists that are floating around). They were doing well with my clubs. In moving to bigger clubs there are 3 players that I've kept tabs on and eventually brought up to my team at some point on a transfer. To see those players that I went out and got originally, now come back to my roster and then set a new scoring or assist record for that higher club and realizing I "got one right" on a player (maybe not the best player...but still a good player for my club) has made me very happy.

Having a Best X1 full of players with over 1000+ appearances.

Did you buy a full 16-year old first XI in the first season and just played them for their entire careers no matter what? :p

OT: Best feeling for me is scoring a dramatic late winner, which of course gets even better when it wins you a league or cup. Best off-match experience for me (as a LLM kind of player) comes from finding that hidden gem, letting him blossom in your squad, then selling him for a big profit and seeing him do the same for a top league team.

Your longevity challenge needs an update. :thup:
Did you buy a full 16-year old first XI in the first season and just played them for their entire careers no matter what? :p

It does, but not sure it's worth it before FM15.

I never actually achieved the full team, yet. Most I've had is 6/11 + 1 sub in the previous version. I keep getting bored with this version and then deciding to start again to try something completely different tactically. Don't think I've even made 1,000 apps in this one yet. Basically, whenever I get a youth into my youth team with 5 star potential, he'd go straight into the first team. Think the best I've done was 1,000 apps by the age of 29 with a DR who came through aged 15. If I see a 15-17 year old with obvious world class talent, I'd buy them and throw them straight into the team as well.

Finding a hidden gem and building them up to the world beater he is. Or also seeing a home grown talent make the grade in your first team.... but for me... the greatest feeling is when you tell your player to sack his agent, and he actually does it. I HATE AGENTS!!!!!!!

Going on a losing streak after initially topping the Premier League table for a few weeks with effectively a League 1 side, so I know the game isn't ridiculously easy and I at least have to wait a few seasons before inevitably winning everything and complaining about the game's lack of difficulty.

Before a key match with a rival, the rival team's head coach waged a psychological warfare against you, talking down on your team and doubting your team's chances to win the match.

And then, during the match, the rival team's asses got roundly smacked and the rival head coach's ass got handed to him in a silver platter too.

During the post-match press conference, the rival head coach was stumped and had nothing to say after your team's dominant performance. As the press asked you, you responded "I think xxx will need to think twice before issuing comments in the future"

Best feeling ever.

Seeing a player have me as a "favourite person", especially when it's probably my favourite player IRL.

A late turnaround winner. Still fond, fond memories of a Ben Watson volley in the 93rd minute to beat Spurs when we were 0-2 down at the break.

Beating the other team so hard that their coach is fired. I have done it twice. I always laugh my ass off. AVB was bad mouthing me before a match while he was under pressure so I was thoroughly pleased when he was sacked after we beat em 3-1.

Other times is when one my team scores after holding out a superior team for 60-70 minutes. Man city is a fav of mine.

My comeback in FM10 as the Ivory Coast against Argentina in the World Cup Semi Final. I was 2-0 down with 20 minutes to go, and down to 10 men. I forced extra time. Sadly this was short lived as I lost to a late Argentine corner. Heartbreaking stuff.

finding a player from where your from in the youth academy then tutoring them to become world class and buying them at every club you go to.

Then when they retire and you see they have a testimonial and you're the manager because you're they're favorite manager it makes me feel like the entire time trying to help Fat Alan play for Barca wasn't time wasted

- Youth player development, definitely. It's great to nurture a player from English League 1 ability up to leading Premiership ability.

- Signing a player who plays incredibly well. It's so satisfying.

A player that came through the new intake, became club captain with over 800 appearances, became England captain with over 100 appearances, retired, joined the coaching team with me, then left to become England manager and took them to No.1 in the World :D Class

Abandoning my freewheeling, attacking principles to frustrate my bitter title rivals at their place, having two men sent off in a vicious game and sneaking a 1-0 on the counter-attack. That felt good. Other than that, racking up 7 or 8 goals against amateur opposition in the cups is always a laugh.

I also have a new one, spent 10 years at Valencia, then moved to Liverpool as they were in serious trouble.

The satisfaction of watching Valencia dominate without me and win 5 trophies with the group of players I brought to the club, and funnily breaking my own record for unbeaten games. I had great satisfaction knowing that they were going to be fine from now on and have fully broken the Barca/Real dominance, even without me to guide them.

Then winning the title with Liverpool in my first season at the club, at Old Trafford. After being 2-0 down and bringing it back to 2-2 with a second half display of complete dominance. It helped their star midfielder got sent off.

The satisfaction of watching Valencia dominate without me and win 5 trophies with the group of players I brought to the club, and funnily breaking my own record for unbeaten games. I had great satisfaction knowing that they were going to be fine from now on and have fully broken the Barca/Real dominance, even without me to guide them.

I can relate to this one. My first "big job" was with Chester in the Skrill division. I won manager of the year with them and gained them a promotion, earning myself a new job in the process. It's been several years since I departed Chester. I still keep an eye on them on occassion. Last season, Chester beat my Leeds side in the Paint Trophy Semi's and they went on to win the Trophy. This year as I got started, who was I surprised to see on my schedule in SBL1? Chester who gained yet another promotion. They are currently 6th position in the table just outside the playoff standings but just 1 point out of 2nd place. While I don't really know what I'm doing in the game, I guess I can spot some talent for my levels. But yes, seeing them continue to do well and move from a Semi-Pro team to a full blown Professional club has been nice to watch from the outside. I can't take much credit for recent promotions however, they only have 2 players on the roster that I brought in. Starting Keeper and backup defender.

I can relate to this one. My first "big job" was with Chester in the Skrill division. I won manager of the year with them and gained them a promotion, earning myself a new job in the process. It's been several years since I departed Chester. I still keep an eye on them on occassion. Last season, Chester beat my Leeds side in the Paint Trophy Semi's and they went on to win the Trophy. This year as I got started, who was I surprised to see on my schedule in SBL1? Chester who gained yet another promotion. They are currently 6th position in the table just outside the playoff standings but just 1 point out of 2nd place. While I don't really know what I'm doing in the game, I guess I can spot some talent for my levels. But yes, seeing them continue to do well and move from a Semi-Pro team to a full blown Professional club has been nice to watch from the outside. I can't take much credit for recent promotions however, they only have 2 players on the roster that I brought in. Starting Keeper and backup defender.

Nice to see you have started working it out and enjoying yourself.

For me it's having players from my youth system become world beaters, either for my team or a bigger team.

Exactly the same for me or signing a young player and developing him into a world beater, easy to see why Wenger gets so much satisfaction from it

Recently had one. Walsall were as close as I had to a bogey team, as I had lost all 3 previous league meetings to them (only in my 4th season and I've gone up each year). So, imagine how I felt when I whacked them 4-0!

Seeing that your tactic is clicking with your team .

Youth development, turning youth players into world stars .

Scoring that precious injury time winner .

Also signing players for low fees or for nothing (Wenger style) and selling them for huge transfer fees .

Winning as the underdog, whether in league or cup.

Being battered throughout the match, then your star striker bags a screamer from distance, stunning the crowd, media and opposition alike. Winning 1-0 and in the process, breaking the opponent's unbeaten streak.

Best feeling ever!

Winning as the underdog, whether in league or cup.

Being battered throughout the match, then your star striker bags a screamer from distance, stunning the crowd, media and opposition alike. Winning 1-0 and in the process, breaking the opponent's unbeaten streak.

Best feeling ever!

Gotta love those Smash and Grab wins. Love doing it to Tottenham in particular.

Taking over a team that's mentally weak and turning them into a team that never quits. Watching a team that always snatches defeat from the jaws of victory turn into a team that will claw their way back into the game is pretty nice.

Archived