Football Manager 2020 Pre-Release Beta *Official* Feedback Thread

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

22 minutes ago, zakbrown96 said:

Anyone know why in the match on Fm for me my mouse curser turns into an football, as want to get rid of it as super off putting when trying to watch haha 

Mine does that but as soon as I move it, it switches back to a normal arrow.

4 minutes ago, Johnny Ace said:

I quite like it, reminds me of the ol' Champ Man days

Can’t say I agree as I wasn’t into football manager till Fm10  on PSP 

Edited by zakbrown96

9 hours ago, Robioto said:

I've been saying this since they implemented it 3 years ago. It's extremely annoying and they should just wait for the outcome or at least have an option to turn it off at the start of a new save.

Last year in the beta I started a save and simmed it until the Brexit outcome to make sure it wouldn't randomly ruin my save. Then started a long term save with that save game as the brexit outcome is decided on the start of a new game. Either that or wait for full release and remove it in the editor. (I'm waiting this year)

Football Manager is the only part of my life that has been directly affected by Brexit. Especially as I choose to completely avoid politics and the news in my day to day life. Yet in my favourite video game it's forced upon me!

Yep as I messaged to my friend, I didn't care about Brexit until it started ruining MY FM saves, as I live the other side of the world and it won't affect me at all in my real life. 

6 hours ago, zakbrown96 said:

Anyone know why in the match on Fm for me my mouse curser turns into an football, as want to get rid of it as super off putting when trying to watch haha 

6 hours ago, Scotty Walds said:

Mine does that but as soon as I move it, it switches back to a normal arrow.

Glad I'm not the only one this happens to. Don't know why it does it.

I might be blind, but I can't seem to find the option of me, the manager, handling contract extensions in my youth teams.

A note on that, I may be blind as well, but I also find the new responsibilities screen to be kind of cluttered and hard to navigate.

A few 100 years in the future videos coming out now and I thought the new club vision feature would lead to more dynamism in clubs/league success. In previous versions I've seen Liverpool fall out of the football league before. 

This year its just the big clubs dominating their respective leagues. Citeh, Bayern, Barca/Real, PSG and really weirdly Roma. 

There seems to be absolutely zero dynamism in who wins the leagues.

Bit disappointing to be honest. 

4 minutes ago, kiwityke1983 said:

A few 100 years in the future videos coming out now and I thought the new club vision feature would lead to more dynamism in clubs/league success. In previous versions I've seen Liverpool fall out of the football league before. 

This year its just the big clubs dominating their respective leagues. Citeh, Bayern, Barca/Real, PSG and really weirdly Roma. 

That'll be down to things like what leagues were loaded as playable and view only. If not many are playable, then only the higher rep teams are going to get results and big transfers. I saw a future save on FM19 and England was playable and Stoke became the power house of English football. Just because 1 streamer or 1 person has uploaded a save where 1 or 2 teams dominate, doesn't mean everyone's save is going to be like that.

8 minutes ago, kiwityke1983 said:

1 minute ago, bigmattb28 said:

That'll be down to things like what leagues were loaded as playable and view only. If not many are playable, then only the higher rep teams are going to get results and big transfers. I saw a future save on FM19 and England was playable and Stoke became the power house of English football. Just because 1 streamer or 1 person has uploaded a save where 1 or 2 teams dominate, doesn't mean everyone's save is going to be like that.

Not only that, but also whether the matches themselves are set to full detail or not.

1 hour ago, Mr_Demus said:

I might be blind, but I can't seem to find the option of me, the manager, handling contract extensions in my youth teams.

A note on that, I may be blind as well, but I also find the new responsibilities screen to be kind of cluttered and hard to navigate.

Staff - Responsibilities - Transfers and Contracts - Contracts

1 hour ago, kiwityke1983 said:

This year its just the big clubs dominating their respective leagues. Citeh, Bayern, Barca/Real, PSG and really weirdly Roma

I'm sorry but Roma is a big club in real life. They are just underachieving like Man United and many other big clubs. They can explode any time in near future in real life.

7 minutes ago, pats said:

I'm sorry but Roma is a big club in real life. They are just underachieving like Man United and many other big clubs. They can explode any time in near future in real life.

Comparing Roma to Man Utd is ludicrous. If it was Milan, I'd agree, but Roma have never been able to have a sustained period of success. They've been threatening to "explode" for ages and it's been a damp squib most of the time.

Not sure if the hotfix improved performance or not, it's not as smooth as it should be as I can run GTA V at high/ultra settings

If they can iron that out, plus long side to side passes, the one on ones, players not passing even when it's a tight angle, and of course not passing when they've got a team mate on for a tap in, then I reckon they've done a pretty good job

Still not sure why the long passes weren't seen before beta was released

Edited by redders1977

2 hours ago, bigmattb28 said:

It's been a number of them. I've seen 3 so far and it's all just been utter domination by the big clubs. 

1 hour ago, Mons said:

Comparing Roma to Man Utd is ludicrous. If it was Milan, I'd agree, but Roma have never been able to have a sustained period of success. They've been threatening to "explode" for ages and it's been a damp squib most of the time.

Roma have won won serie A 3 times EVER! 

They really aren't such a massive club that I'd expect to win 60 out of the next 100 serie A titles. 

Just now, kiwityke1983 said:

Roma have won won serie A 3 times EVER! 

They really aren't such a massive club that I'd expect to win 60 out of the next 100 serie A titles. 

That's exactly my point and what I was trying to tell to the user who said that Roma is a big club underachieving like Man Utd, which is definitely not the case imo.

1 hour ago, Mons said:

I never compared Man United and Roma. I just said Roma are a big club and are underachieving as are Man United. Achievement can mean different for both clubs. Winning a single title in 3 years can be described as an underachievement for Man United but can be described as achievement for Roma.

And just because Roma hasn't had a sustained period of success in the past doesn't mean they can't do it in the future. The way they are spending money every year can bring them sustained success soon if they find a decent manager. But that's just my opinion and I don't support them IRL.

And talking about big clubs, Chelsea didn't have any history before Roman Abramovich era. They created the history. So any club in future can do the same in real life as well as in FM, which is my point.

Edited by pats

1 minute ago, Mons said:

That's exactly my point and what I was trying to tell to the user who said that Roma is a big club underachieving like Man Utd, which is definitely not the case imo.

Exactly. Man Utd are legitimately one of the biggest clubs in England if not world football. 

Roma are about 4th or 5th biggest in Italy.

1 minute ago, kiwityke1983 said:

Exactly. Man Utd are legitimately one of the biggest clubs in England if not world football. 

Roma are about 4th or 5th biggest in Italy.

@pats, I don't think this is an unfair assessment at all. There's been nothing in Roma's real-life history to indicate they could dominate Italian football in the next century as kiwityke1983 seems to have experienced. It's not inconceivable it could happen if there's a perfect storm, of course, but it would certainly be much more unexpected than if Milan, Inter or Juve did it.

23 minutes ago, kiwityke1983 said:

It's been a number of them. I've seen 3 so far and it's all just been utter domination by the big clubs. 

Bristol City were a top dog in one I watched, won the PL, Champs League, FA Cups a bunch of times 

2 minutes ago, Johnny Ace said:

Bristol City were a top dog in one I watched, won the PL, Champs League, FA Cups a bunch of times 

They had a tycoon takeover and did a Citeh, IE buying success.

It was about the only interesting thing to happen. In prior seasons big clubs have had massive collapses etc. 

23 minutes ago, kiwityke1983 said:

They had a tycoon takeover and did a Citeh, IE buying success.

It was about the only interesting thing to happen. In prior seasons big clubs have had massive collapses etc. 

Liverpool were a mid-table Championship team too, but even now, realistically there are two teams likely to win the PL. The other contenders have spent hundreds of millions on their squads. Man U have & they're not even contenders so I can't see anyone winning the top league outside of those for the next 10 years     

Edited by Johnny Ace

1 hour ago, redders1977 said:

If they can iron that out, plus long side to side passes, the one on ones, players not passing even when it's a tight angle, and of course not passing when they've got a team mate on for a tap in, then I reckon they've done a pretty good job

Players shooting from a tight angle when they can pass to a team mate for a tap in is fairly common place IRL. 

Just watch Gabriel Jesus and Mo Salah for a few games :cool:

Is there a way for me to be able to pin U23 & U18 squads to the left hand taskbar without taking control of general training for them?  Also, is it possible to alter who is responsible for what training, i.e. Attacking Technical, Quickness, etc.  I don't want to have to have full control of these squads but without doing so, it's impossible to see which coaches are utter **** and which are worth keeping.

2 minutes ago, Mayzie said:

Is there a way for me to be able to pin U23 & U18 squads to the left hand taskbar without taking control of general training for them?  Also, is it possible to alter who is responsible for what training, i.e. Attacking Technical, Quickness, etc.  I don't want to have to have full control of these squads but without doing so, it's impossible to see which coaches are utter **** and which are worth keeping.

Individual training should do it too. Otherwise, you can right click on Dev Centre on the sidebar and then go U23 > Squad, or U18 > Squad.

On 07/11/2019 at 09:45, RiverReveal666 said:

Idea: During the beta and even in the main game have an ingame bug report feature. A match has been played, something considered a bug has been spotted, there is a little bug report icon on the post match screen. Dialouge box enabling user to explain the issue and add time stamps, press send and a PKM has been sent to the same dev team that will be looking through the bug report thread. Personally I would make use of that process and find it more intuitive than the current process. 

Just an idea, but after reading through this thread I do sympathise with people who are leaving feedback and then being told its not enough. 

This has been suggested years ago but never added to the game, I remember a lot of years ago I asked for it to be added as a lot of games actually have it during a beta.
MMO games have it all the time so you can report a bug as soon as you see one.

No idea why it's never been added to FM, as you say, a lot of players are put off with having to upload saves etc.

I remember the old Steam forums, players would come on there to report bugs and if anyone from SI stopped by, which wasn't very often, they would get told to make an account here and upload the save, I doubt many if any did that.

1 hour ago, Johnny Ace said:

Liverpool were a mid-table Championship team too, but even now, realistically there are two teams likely to win the PL. The other contenders have spent hundreds of millions on their squads. Man U have & they're not even contenders so I can't see anyone winning the top league outside of those for the next 10 years     

Liverpool completely disappeared out of the playable leagues on one FM19 100 years into the future. 

I was just surprised that even after 100 years about 90 of the 100 titles had been won by Barca or Real and the other 10 by Atletico. There's was far more variation in FM19 when people did these kind of experiments. 

5 minutes ago, kiwityke1983 said:

Liverpool completely disappeared out of the playable leagues on one FM19 100 years into the future. 

I was just surprised that even after 100 years about 90 of the 100 titles had been won by Barca or Real and the other 10 by Atletico. There's was far more variation in FM19 when people did these kind of experiments. 

I know it can be off-putting for some (not enough variation in title wins 100 years into the future), but I personally see it as a challenge. I can for example takeover a club like Real Betis which has a big fanbase and has a huge potential and try to knock Real and Barca off their perch.

i think i need to stop play this beta, cant play my control possesion football, just long ball foward, switch flank no matter the instructions. Opponent just blast the ball 50 yard and whala, my DC just moon walk and let their striker run foward and have a clear cut chance. 

3 minutes ago, dangngo6 said:

i think i need to stop play this beta, cant play my control possesion football, just long ball foward, switch flank no matter the instructions. Opponent just blast the ball 50 yard and whala, my DC just moon walk and let their striker run foward and have a clear cut chance. 

It's literally your tactics.

I've just smashed the championship in the 2nd season playing a possession based tactic as Barnsley. Scored 90 odd goals already with 5 games to go. 

1 minute ago, kiwityke1983 said:

It's literally your tactics.

I've just smashed the championship in the 2nd season playing a possession based tactic as Barnsley. Scored 90 odd goals already with 5 games to go. 

yeah right, my tactic again... when i said playing control posseision, short pass, play out of defense, lower tempo my DC ( set to less risk, short pass) have the ball, and literally IN FRONT OF HIM IS A TEAMMATE, no he blast the ball 50 yards forward. For more info, he have zero traits
so yeah it is my tactic i guess

1 minute ago, dangngo6 said:

yeah right, my tactic again... when i said playing control posseision, short pass, play out of defense, lower tempo my DC ( set to less risk, short pass) have the ball, and literally IN FRONT OF HIM IS A TEAMMATE, no he blast the ball 50 yards forward. For more info, he have zero traits

I think you need a deep breath :D This is the beta, the ME has bugs, wait until the game's release date then see how it goes 

I'm currently Playing  with Hacken in Sweden but just seen AI have sacked Klopp.. Liverpool are 2nd and into Final of CL. Anyone else seen unrealistic sackings of AI managers? Newcastle just sacked Bruce too and they are sitting 12th!

Also to add I'm being offered Premiership jobs and Ive only got one season with Hacken finished 4th and Tottenham and Newcastle have both offered me a interview, slightly unrealistic. 

Edited by styluz05

1 минуту назад, styluz05 сказал:

I'm currently Playing  with Hacken in Sweden but just seen AI have sacked Klopp.. Liverpool are 2nd and into Final of CL. Anyone else seen unrealistic sackings of AI managers? Newcastle just sacked Bruce too and they are sitting 12th!

It will be really helpful if you share your save in SI cloud and raise thread in beta forum. Especially if you have save before Klopp was sacked :thup:

3 season's in with only the Scottish leagues loaded and I'm having HUGE difficulty selling my unwanted players. Nobody wants them even at knock down prices, never encountered this before.

Evan a star player valued at £9.5m who wants away, offered him out and not one interested party.

Can't be right surely?

6 minutes ago, styluz05 said:

I'm currently Playing  with Hacken in Sweden but just seen AI have sacked Klopp.. Liverpool are 2nd and into Final of CL. Anyone else seen unrealistic sackings of AI managers?

That's harsh. Liverpool will not sack Klopp for that kind of results IRL.

But then asking for 'owner AI' is too much at this stage I guess. :D

Edited by pats

13 minutes ago, dangngo6 said:

That's all well and good but if he's incapable of actually playing that style of football then yes he might well just blast it forward. 

Edited by kiwityke1983