Football Manager 2020 - Out 19th November 2019

4 hours ago, forameuss said:

It's out in a month.  I'd imagine it's far beyond that stage.

Actually not long ago Miles himself on Twitter said it's in pre alpha. Today FM retweeted Felipe Melo post about FM20, which I took to signal the start of alpha, but they promptly replied to say no. Although I would suggest it's only logical that Alpha is at the very least immediately imminent. I suspect in the next week or so we'll see the footy players playing it.

FC59F3AB-67DA-413B-B7E8-A4E949C90889.png

CB5A5A1F-93C3-4B94-8613-F2291892C732.png

Edited by Vicz

• Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, forameuss said:

It's out in a month.  I'd imagine it's far beyond that stage.

Well, it was in pre-alpha 4 days ago... 'I'd imagine' it is not moved 'far beyond' that stage in 4 days.

The question was aimed at SI staff and moderators ;) the people who know.

Screenshot 2019-10-08 at 17.24.13.png

1 hour ago, jenvaskes said:

Well, it was in pre-alpha 4 days ago... 'I'd imagine' it is not moved 'far beyond' that stage in 4 days.

The question was aimed at SI staff and moderators ;) the people who know.

Screenshot 2019-10-08 at 17.24.13.png

Fair enough, I stand corrected.

But I wouldn't hold my breath for an answer from SI.  You'll be waiting a long time.  Likely better asking Miles directly on Twitter

3 hours ago, Vicz said:

Actually not long ago Miles himself on Twitter said it's in pre alpha. Today FM retweeted Felipe Melo post about FM20, which I took to signal the start of alpha, but they promptly replied to say no. Although I would suggest it's only logical that Alpha is at the very least immediately imminent. I suspect in the next week or so we'll see the footy players playing it.

Again, fair enough. Seems quite late to me, but I guess it depends what they class as an alpha.  Would've thought they'd be in some kind of private beta by now, but maybe they skip that given the public one.  Who knows.  Well, SI do, but they're not going to tell anyone here for obvious reasons.

It is strange. Very late, normally by this time you would of heard something. There is not official beta release late, well not as far as I know. It is very unusual  not to hear something by now. Not sure if there is a problem. 

16 minutes ago, Kingstontom88 said:

New features for 2019 were announced on 27th September last year. We got 2020 a bit earlier, but they're not key core features. Hopefully main news on 2020 isn't far away...

I am afraid this is not the case...It is supposed that the main news and features are released first so I don't think we have much to expect....

37 minutes ago, Kingstontom88 said:

New features for 2019 were announced on 27th September last year. We got 2020 a bit earlier, but they're not key core features. Hopefully main news on 2020 isn't far away...

Mate, the headline features have already been announced...

1 hour ago, Sevkak said:

Mate, the headline features have already been announced...

I've had a bit of a moment this morning and completely forgot about that thread right NEXT to this one :idiot:

I have read about these and I think I'll be sticking with 19 for a while, unless the feedback here is very positive on 2020...

18 minutes ago, Kingstontom88 said:

I've had a bit of a moment this morning and completely forgot about that thread right NEXT to this one :idiot:

I have read about these and I think I'll be sticking with 19 for a while, unless the feedback here is very positive on 2020...

No worries! Only the database update is making me want FM20, otherwise it feels like it's the same game. Nothing to suggest otherwise!

6 horas atrás, Alekos disse:

I am afraid this is not the case...It is supposed that the main news and features are released first so I don't think we have much to expect....

I think the same. If SI had some exciting new feauture they would want to reveal it as soon as possible and make big news around it. Like last year with the complete new (and outstanding) training and tactics modules. That's something you want to announce quickly and spread the news, increasing the pre-orders and so on.

With exception of those details that Miles keep showing and maybe some small update related to the ME, I don't think we should expect anything else. Surely not anything major.

7 hours ago, ChelseaSince86 said:

wow is there really no official confirmation of a release date yet?  I for some reason thought it was November 10th.   

Yes, this is weird but I'd prepare myself to 8th November (probably because 1st is too early compared to previous releases). And I think they will announce release date next week.

Hi there,

Have anyone figured out why they haven't announced the release date? Previous years they have announced it 2-3 months advance and now they are holding it back? I haven't figured it out why they have previously known for about 2 months or more when the game is ready, but now they don't? Hard to believe it. Only thing that comes to mind is some marketing experiment

19 minutes ago, Teme55 said:

Hi there,

Have anyone figured out why they haven't announced the release date? Previous years they have announced it 2-3 months advance and now they are holding it back? I haven't figured it out why they have previously known for about 2 months or more when the game is ready, but now they don't? Hard to believe it. Only thing that comes to mind is some marketing experiment

It’s most probably to do with Stadia, which currently also only has a release date of ‘November’

7 minutes ago, gunner86 said:

It’s most probably to do with Stadia, which currently also only has a release date of ‘November’

Do you know if release date is the same for google stadia version and standard steam version?

6 minuti fa, gunner86 ha scritto:

that is strange as RDR2 for PC is also stadia release title, but the game itself already has a set release date on 5th of November. This might (or not) coincide with the stadia release but, all things equal (unlikely), stadia and game release date don't seem related. 

11 minutes ago, MBarbaric said:

that is strange as RDR2 for PC is also stadia release title, but the game itself already has a set release date on 5th of November. This might (or not) coincide with the stadia release but, all things equal (unlikely), stadia and game release date don't seem related. 

Yeah, and Rockstar have never changed a release date for a game... :brock:

4 minutes ago, Bigpole said:

on steamdb.info the release date is 30th november

https://steamdb.info/app/1100600/

Probably because that's the last day in November, and the official announcement is November.

Based on every release for the last few years, I'd say a Saturday release is not likely.

FM Store currently says the below, which would point at Mid November release, so 8th or 15th

Pre-orders from this store will receive access to the Beta version which is likely to be released at the end of October.

***The above post contains speculation***

23 minuti fa, gunner86 ha scritto:

Yeah, and Rockstar have never changed a release date for a game... :brock:

beside the point but, it is very unlikely Rockstar would miscalculate a release date considering that it is an old game and the release date isn't set a year in advance but only a month. however, stranger things had happened.

my point was only to stress that stadia isn't (necessary) the reason for not having a release date since there are other games that already have an official release date despite being announced on stadia.

Edited by MBarbaric

I think it's a bit incredible in the game industry, and especially talking about a very popular game like FM, that at this point of the year there isn't an official release date.

I'm still thinking that is about stadia release. Nothing wrong with SI decisions, but there is a little non-curance of hardcore fans of the game that have bought every version of the game since the stone age.

1 minute ago, MBarbaric said:

my point was only to stress that stadia isn't (necessary) the reason for not having a release date since there are other games that already have a release date despite being announced on stadia. 

Pure speculation but I expect same release date for both stadia and steam versions of FM, don't know why I just feel it :D

1 minuto fa, kandersson ha scritto:

Pure speculation but I expect same release date for both stadia and steam versions of FM, don't know why I just feel it :D

indeed, i think we are all way too excited and obviously don't have anything better to do with our lives than to wait for a game :D

Edited by MBarbaric

2 minutes ago, Matteo3champions said:

I think it's a bit incredible in the game industry, and especially talking about a very popular game like FM, that at this point of the year there isn't an official release date.

I'm still thinking that is about stadia release. Nothing wrong with SI decisions, but there is a little non-curance of hardcore fans of the game that have bought every version of the game since the stone age.

Why does it matter though? I've lost track of the number of games that have had set release dates, only for that date to slip anyway. Not a dig, genuinely curious, personally don't see the drama around it all

6 minutes ago, MBarbaric said:

beside the point but, it is very unlikely Rockstar would miscalculate a release date considering that it is an old game and the release date isn't set a year in advance but only a month. however, stranger things had happened.

my point was only to stress that stadia isn't (necessary) the reason for not having a release date since there are other games that already have an official release date despite being announced on stadia.

True, but they might have a preferred date in mind, for arguments sake the 15th, but if Stadia lauches on the 8th, FM will need to launch on the 8th (or before) to be considered a launch title.

Edited by gunner86

3 minuti fa, gunner86 ha scritto:

True, but they might have a preferred date in mind, for arguments sake the 15th, but if Stadia lauches on the 8th, FM will need to launch on the 8th to be considered a launch title.

i think there is kind of cosmic justice in the air.

all the people on the forums hysterical about no release date for FM and, at the same time, all the SI employees on some private forum bitching about no release date for stadia :D

Edited by MBarbaric

6 minuti fa, MBarbaric ha scritto:

all the people on the forums hysterical about no release date for FM and, at the same time, all the SI employees on some private forum bitching about no release date for stadia :D

So the non-reveal date belongs to stadia release, as i Always said...

11 minutes ago, MBarbaric said:

100% definitely

4 minutes ago, Matteo3champions said:

So the non-reveal date belongs to stadia release, as i Always said...

I think so, but as @MBarbaric says there is eveidence to say this may not be the case

On 27/08/2019 at 16:12, Jimmy Wong said:

Football Manager 2020 (for PC, Mac and Stadia), Football Manager 2020 Touch (for PC, Mac, iOS and Android) and Football Manager 2020 Mobile (for iOS and Android) will all be released simultaneously in early November (exact date TBC). Football Manager 2020 Touch for Nintendo Switch will follow in late November.

Surprised anyone is saying dates such as 20th or 30th November, the opening post in this thread says “early November”.

Given FM always comes out on a Friday I’m expecting 8th November, with a chance of 1st November.

Hello Managers,

I must be the oldest manager in the world. I won't tell you my age but I am very close to retire.

My problem is: what is"Google stadia"???? It seems it's to play the game quicker. 

For me it's not interesting. I like to play the game slow and offline. I watch every game the full 90 minutes.

My questions are:

Will I be able to play the old way? Off line, without Google annoying me and at the slow pace I like.

Enjoy the game.

Pat.

2 hours ago, Pat. said:

Hello Managers,

I must be the oldest manager in the world. I won't tell you my age but I am very close to retire.

My problem is: what is"Google stadia"???? It seems it's to play the game quicker. 

For me it's not interesting. I like to play the game slow and offline. I watch every game the full 90 minutes.

My questions are:

Will I be able to play the old way? Off line, without Google annoying me and at the slow pace I like.

Enjoy the game.

Pat.

I might be misunderstanding your question, but: Google Stadia is a gaming platform, like Xbox or Playstation, but instead of you buying hardware the game is streamed to your computer. You don't have to use that platform, thou. The game will still be released on Windows and whatever else FM19 ran on.

3 hours ago, Pat. said:

Hello Managers,

My questions are:

Enjoy the game.

Pat.

Also, just to add to what @Viking said. It’s not about trying to make you play faster, it will allow the game to be processed faster so less waiting after clicking continue. 
But as above, you don’t need to use, and won’t be able to if you’re offline anyway, so it makes no odds.

4 hours ago, Pat. said:

Hello Managers,

My questions are:

Enjoy the game.

Pat.

I think I trump you age wise Pat I have been retired 8 years.  I also play every game in full and play offline.  If I buy and it is a big if at the moment I won't be using stadia.

Oh my goodness, for a moment there I thought we'll be seeing a release in March (like CM4). 

Oh how cute!!! Miles is saying the game crashes every time his team wins against the odds but not when they lose against the odds. The way Watford are playing that is hardly surprising, even the game knows it!!!

On 11/10/2019 at 13:25, Teme55 said:

Hi there,

Just guesswork, but I cant help but feel Bury collapsing has caused issues.

It's been about a month since they were expelled and the league decided how League One would be run without them. It's possible theyve had to extend the deadline to rework the league rules, and cup rules, then go through the testing process.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Just guesswork, but I cant help but feel Bury collapsing has caused issues.

It's been about a month since they were expelled and the league decided how League One would be run without them. It's possible theyve had to extend the deadline to rework the league rules, and cup rules, then go through the testing process.

Absolute guesswork and complete nonsense. Every year, there are clubs in other leagues in other countries who undergo the same sad silent death, and it's never delayed a release before.