Football Manager 2020 - Out 19th November 2019

• Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, prot651 said:

Yes I have found that out . But still ?

Still what? I'm not sure what else you're expecting. They will be playing a whole season tonight. Surely that will be better to get an idea how the game plays than a few screenshots. 

vor 1 Minute schrieb Double0Seven:

Really? So what is shown today? No new match engine, so we just see UI? Were there any reasons given? This doesnt strike me as good news...

its just 4 versions before the engine they are right now. He said the reason for this is that its a stable one, but we will see some bugs which are already fixed normally.

We were all wrong when we thought the game wasn't releasing until the 19th because of Stadia. It looks more like it would be even later, were it not for Stadia. The match engine they're showing is, by their own admission, featuring some real bloopers, but the current version while fixing these has its own issues which are presumably worse. Meanwhile, issues with defenders not dealing with a loose ball seem to remain, and performance is dreadful on what should be a good PC for the official stream. It does look graphically better, but clearly isn't ready yet, and therefore is in a race against the clock to be in a consumer-ready state by 5th November.

11 минут назад, Spurs08 сказал:

We were all wrong when we thought the game wasn't releasing until the 19th because of Stadia. It looks more like it would be even later, were it not for Stadia.

FM will not give Stadia any key count of members IMO. In first year at least. So I dont agree with your supposition

38 minutes ago, Spurs08 said:

We were all wrong when we thought the game wasn't releasing until the 19th because of Stadia. It looks more like it would be even later, were it not for Stadia. The match engine they're showing is, by their own admission, featuring some real bloopers, but the current version while fixing these has its own issues which are presumably worse. Meanwhile, issues with defenders not dealing with a loose ball seem to remain, and performance is dreadful on what should be a good PC for the official stream. It does look graphically better, but clearly isn't ready yet, and therefore is in a race against the clock to be in a consumer-ready state by 5th November.

This post, particularly the bits in bold, is opinion dressed as fact. I didn't see any issues in the 2 and a bit matches I watched where defenders didn't deal with a loose ball. I thought the performance was quite good and the game moved quite quickly. I don't see how and why you've come to the definitive conclusion that the performance was "dreadful".

I'd also politely like to ask how you came by the conclusion that it "clearly isn't ready yet". What caught your attention as being so majorly wrongly implemented or massively bugged as causing the game to be "in a race against the clock to be in a consumer-ready state by 5th November"? I'm sure there'll be optimisation issues behind the scenes and many tweaks to the ME left to come, but how you came up with that absolute whopper of a comment based on the hour or so of viewing you've just seen is frankly mind-boggling to me :rolleyes:

50 minutos atrás, eplekrar disse:

12 October 2018: First FM19 stream
18 October 2018: FM19 Beta

21 October 2019: First FM20 stream
27 October 2019: ???? :)

From what Miles said at the beginning, Beta seems to be a bit far away. I would say, don't expect it before November.

1 hour ago, StevehFC said:

Really not impressed with the match engine. Still looks the same but willing to give it a try when the demo/beta comes out. 

Tend to agree and longs shots again ? And near post goal ? That was a bug that's been there since FM17 that the goal keeper can't save those.  Hopefully it was a one off shot . Too short to get any idea of the changes in 3D though.  Stadiums look the same phht... Why do I get the feeling nothing much has changed . Could not see much in the way if new textures with the shirts etc or the pitch with its new dynamic look of weather changes . Mmm Demo for sure

12 hours ago, KiLLu12258 said:

i dont think beta next week. They are at alpha now and miles sounded not like its planned that the beta comes next week.

You don't know what alpha means if you think this. 

The stream was pretty disappointing though, all the fluff about boardrooms and scouting pages that really don't matter much are being pumped out and pushed to the forefront for all the casual fans of the game, but the ME had the same old issues from what i could see. If they spent an entire development cycle between games really making sure the ME was perfect with only minor changes aside from that, the game would end up being far better for it. 

6 minutes ago, jenvaskes said:

I missed the Twitch live, was working until late :(  cry cry

You still have the option to play the video on Twitch and it will be on YouTube at a later stage.

Took the option to pre-order FM2020 tonight after watching the Twitch stream last night, hopefully it’s a big improvement on FM19 which didn’t really sit well with me, Infact it was the least playing time on any FM by some distance.

The new features look good and theres even loads of little tweaks that will actually help the game in longer term saves.

I also have a new laptop, so this and FM20 with beta access should be brilliant this year, fingers crossed!

BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUZZING!

Hoping for BETA to drop week of 5th of November as I've got the weekend (9th and 10th) off from the missus and booked 11th and 12th off work for some game time with the BETA, should defo of dropped by then I would say.

Intrigued by the whole club vision and what it will mean with regards to managing the club I want to manage if I have a different vision to the club. Will this now become detrimental?

So excited by it, feels like a new era for the game and the way it's played possibly.  

1 hora atrás, Bigpole disse:

As far as I can see I'm not the only one that told their significant other that November will be quite busy and my priorities will be slightly changed :lol:

It is necessary! Like eating or breathing. My wife also know it. In fact I was hoping it would be this week (if the release date would have been the predicted 8th Nov), but we're getting there!

Thanks for that Neil :)

Anyone else really itching to play? I'm one of those that always (well most of the time) stops playing the previous FM at least 1 month before release of the new game and this year I stopped in September and with release being a bit later this year it feels even longer!! I'm not particularly into any other games anymore either, its usually FM or nothing. Hoping for the Beta to come next Friday (1st November) but more hope than expectation. Rather it ready of course than have a really buggy game

22 minutes ago, Chris21 said:

Anyone else really itching to play? I'm one of those that always (well most of the time) stops playing the previous FM at least 1 month before release of the new game and this year I stopped in September and with release being a bit later this year it feels even longer!! I'm not particularly into any other games anymore either, its usually FM or nothing. Hoping for the Beta to come next Friday (1st November) but more hope than expectation. Rather it ready of course than have a really buggy game

I stopped playing a month ago, like you mention I also stop playing about 3-4 weeks out from the next release to have a break and come back refreshed for the latest version. I anticipated the beta coming out today at the latest as I was thinking November 8th release date so yeah, itching to play! 

I did exactly the same thing of aiming to finish my 2019 save and stop playing that 2 weeks before I anticipated the beta...so I'm having a couple weeks longer cold turkey than I was prepared to handle!

I've kind of appreciated it though- my house has never been tidier and I've alphabetised my bookcase.

Never been so on top of things. 

Edited by chinch

1 hour ago, Chris21 said:

Haha, I know the feeling. I spent the summer away, so I stopped playing the 3rd week of July this year :eek:. Really keen to get started on the beta.

Liking what I am seeing. Thanks SI and all the FM team.

1 hour ago, Chris21 said:

i have the same issue each year and stopped earlier this year with my last FC Andorra save :'(  first time in +- 10 years i'm really hungry for the new version (i always started on the beta but this time it's urgent !)

Spotted this earlier on the FM website when looking at pre-ordering the game:

"Pre-orders from this store will receive access to the Beta version which is likely to be released at the end of October."

Last year the first Twitch stream was shown about a week or so before the beta released (they're obviously only going to show a near-finished version to the public, not one full of bugs) so add it all up and I've got a feeling we're getting the beta this week - thoughts? (I'm a teacher on half term so I'm keeping everything crossed!!)

The guideline so to speak is roughly 2 weeks before release and of course 2 weeks exactly is the 5th November. My guess as my above post suggested was Friday 1st November simply because I can't see SI releasing it over a weekend on a Saturday or Sunday and I also don't see it being quite as close to the 5th November. Miles did seem indicate their were one or two problems that needed to be sorted and it also seemed like a lot of work was needed to be done still so my prediction may be optimistic. I just feel releasing a Beta on a Thursday or Friday (which it usually is) allows a lot of people to enjoy it over the weekend. If its released on the 5th which is a Tuesday that wouldn't be ideal

Basically I'm talking absolute rubbish and it will just be released when its ready :lol: