Football Manager 2019 Official Feedback Thread

Biggest downside for this year's FM from your pov ?  

66 members have voted

1. 1. What really annoy you this year while playing FM19 ?

• Players moaning for new contracts too often
    • Gegenpressing tactic too powerful
    • Youngsters determination decreasing despite tutoring
    • IA still stockpiling players at a specific position/low teambuilding
    • Calendar bug ,only 1 day to recover between 2 officials games, especially a the end of the season (Obviously, i'm not talking about the Boxing day)
    • International call-ups issues (players unavailable for Champions League final etc...)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, themadsheep2001 said:

But thats not how it works, which is why I keep repeatedly saying it, because this kind of stuff spreads as misinformation. As not only it is not a fix, it's actually even more work to undo and rebalance. 

So to clarify, no deliberate nerf. 

Exactly what I was trying to explain in a reaction to @pauly15 on the previous page.

No nerf whatsoever. Just two seperate issues that SI tried to balance ,all the while not having realised or having found the solution yet for the probable real culprit of lack of centerplay and therefore continued emphasis on wide play (with all sorts of little exaggerated knock ons):

Lack of intelligent off (and to a lesser extent on) the ball movement of the strikers/IF's.

EDIT: and indeed I think SI is now working on undoing,  rebalancing and then trying to strenghthen this ME from a different perspective which might also take time to perfect. That is why I am hoping SI will use the continued BETA soon for heavy testing on the ME. Use us, communicate with us, help us understand. We know what we signed up for.

I am hoping we can put the nerfing part to rest now. It is getting on my nerves (pun intended):D

Edited by Mensell76

7 minutes ago, penza said:

Is there a way to get back to beta as the ME was way better

No, there is no way backwards. You will have to wat for a new ME update. In the meantime you are very much welcome help out in current bug threads or to point out new issues in the bugs forum.

This is your chance to have input on the next ME.

There isn't a stupid questions thread anywhere so lemme just ask here - how do I reduce the frequency of scouting meetings? I'm talking about your chief scout bringing you all the players they scouted. I'm getting it like every week and it's annoying as hell, I swear there was a way to reduce it in FM18 but can't find it in FM19.

2 hours ago, bar333 said:

There isn't a stupid questions thread anywhere so lemme just ask here - how do I reduce the frequency of scouting meetings? I'm talking about your chief scout bringing you all the players they scouted. I'm getting it like every week and it's annoying as hell, I swear there was a way to reduce it in FM18 but can't find it in FM19.

rEPQvsi.png

QSqZsML.png

11 hours ago, Lanko said:

Lots of teams apparently don't have a U19 team working properly or at least not outside the big leagues.

In 2018 almost every team had a Reserves and U19 team for their youth, the same team I managed in 18 now in 19 doesn't have either, so you get a main squad of almost 40 players. They did an Affiliate thing for the U19 (At least in Iceland) but it's not working, the team is not considered a U19 team, it treats it like a real loan, the player can refuse it and the boards of both teams can even terminate the link, leaving you forever without a U19 team for the youth intake. Another league I like to play is in Portugal, and apparently now players from the main teams (that can freely play for the B team) now after one single team switch they go back and get the "Unregistered" thing (and also for B team players playing for the main).

Sigh...

I've brought this up like 5 times in all kinds of different places and everyone is ignoring it. Sometimes even go so far as to quote my post then still ignore it.

I have no idea if they're aware of it or not, but they're certainly not acknowledging it. Makes a long term save in a smaller league pretty much impossible.

I'm just going to go back to an earlier version and try to get a refund.

4 hours ago, bar333 said:

You have to set up your scouting preferences

1 hour ago, CelticCelticCeltic said:

My goal keeper Scott Bain, with 14 long throws, is still taking my attacking throw ins occasionally

I have a few people set to take them but when they arent on the pitch he does

Please sort this this is a joke, theres no way this would ever happen

Have you logged it in the bugs forum with a .pkm or two where this happens? It sounds ridiculous and if you raise the report you'll put it on SI's radar.

7 hours ago, Etebaer said:

Well Guys, i play Bundesliga and i watch Bundesliga and so i can not say that this game is a terrific accurate Simulation of Football in the way that is mirrors exactly how much Goals were scored In The Past in some real league.

I understand that i play a game that tries to be best at simulating things but i also understand that it is a What IF Simulation and that first and foremost the ME must be good and reasonable in the context of the game.

For example - IF there would be a Premier League Bias that would mean that the Top Clubs have less of an Advantage over weaker Clubs thus they would not win as much and Maybe if the Simulation goes the way the AI of Man City did bad Transfers, had Injuries at the wrong time, got into a mental downward spiral than i would say great - the simualtion did in context to the stats in the database and the Environment that resulted from it with Errors made that Man City would play a bad Season and honestly i apllaud that bcs that is what i want see of a game - an accurate What If Simulation that makes sense in context to the gameworld it set the Clubs into!

For example IF the game has more Goals scored in the simulated leagues than in the real leagues Goals from Corners, Free Kicks, etc. increase also - this has to do that in General the Teams score more goals at all and you could then argue there should be less Goals scored but then it must be set into the context of the game Environment - when somehow the simulated Teams in a league play more offensive than you need to look into why that happens and IF this apporach would be unreasonable you could complain but What IF this Approach is more successful in the Simulation - should the Teams not go for success?

When you want the game a 1:1 mirroring the results from reality you need to download the results once a week and not simulate them at all bcs the nature of a Simulation is that it differs from reality at some point bcs different decisions were made and different Events happened like Transfers, Injuries, and the Quality of a Simulation is sitting in the fact that These What IF Scenarions are simulated in a way that makes sense and were possibilities that could have happened.

So with that in mind this ME is the best since FM2013 - i am not sure yet if it is to easy or not or to hard or not.

I need to play alot more games than 2 Seasons of straight Promotion from 3.Liga into Bundesliga - i know that Dortmund exploited my Team very well when my Captain got a Red Card for Handballing (second yellow Card) and that is what i want to see - something happens and the game reacts to it in a reasonable way - if the Red Card may have not happened i Maybe could have won the game as i was 2:1 ahead and then you may ask omg why is a pretty weak Noobteam beating Borussia Dortmund that is bcs my Team did the Counteratacks execute very well and my Speeddemon Osayamen Osawe reall did hit into the Goal which at that Level is not common but also it was a game played right after the Season started and the first 3 games of a Season (1xCup + 2xLeague) are allways chaotic and surprising results happen til things have settled after the first 3 matchdays.

So far i am good with the game and the ME!

Its not about being an exact replica of a premier league season. It's about looking like real football. And scoring 25+ goals from corners in a season doesn't look like real football. 

17 hours ago, macca72 said:

The interesting thing imo about this is this ME doesn't resemble the beta much.  I don't think that's as a result of customer feedback either.

so true... beta was way better, why not allow customers play whichever version they want to play?

On 09/11/2018 at 18:02, thejay said:

That's not entirely fair, last years fm 18 version was pretty good after the final patch. 

Except some issues with striker movement and pressing it was probably the best match engine version to date. 

Fm19 is a mess however, my guess is they changed some things with pressing which created a  lot of other issues but with the yearly release cycle they pushed the game out anyway, predicting it won't hurt sales enough when it's is only really playable in half a year. 

They probably think that only a few nerds care about the finer details like player movement anyway,  not enough to impact future sales.

Sadly they are probably right. 

Agree with that. 

19070308_ScreenShot2018-11-10at6_39_07PM.thumb.png.8221c8ecd9e5ca178c55825e68085e06.png

This news article has an incredible vocabulary range. 

1738855151_ScreenShot2018-11-05at10_15_26PM.thumb.png.123271ba651f1bcab904e9e34b343841.png

And also apparently my Sweeper Keeper has run up to the other end of the pitch rather impressively.

Just thought I'd share some small things that've made me laugh. Really enjoying the new version though, which has rather annoyingly impeded my progress on FM17 and the Ultimate Football Manager challenge. Oh well.

I'm finding since the wee update on release, too many wide men now constantly pass inside instead of trying the cross, if you instruct to work ball into the box, they try to pass it in to the goal and no one shoots, untick that instruction and players seem to shoot on sight, there's no inbetween.

Hey guys, I recently installed a skin (Rensie's) and resumed playing a test save. Kicked off a match and noticed the 3D is extremely laggy so I deleted the skin, thinking it was its fault and got back to the FM Dark skin. But 3D's still laggy, I mean it's unplayable and I have no idea why. It was completely fine until recently. I am using that Public beta feature if it makes any difference. What could it be?

Football Manager 2019_ Preferences Match.png

When I switch to 2D it works normal.

Edited by Armistice

5 hours ago, Gilberto Silva said:

For some reason my DoF seems to always put bids in for 20-21 year old central midfielders who are no good. It happened a lot on the last game too. I don't get it. 

Make sure that you have the final say on all inward transfers.

1 hour ago, Mr U Rosler said:

A few of us has been experiencing a flickering in matches since day one.

There are threads in the bug forum.

Data Analyst is the only view which works for me at the moment.

Hopefully this gets sorted in a patch as I've not even started a save yet because of it!

How in hell could I become champion with a weaker team than I have but have worst results with a strenghtened team ? THE AI AT IT AGAIN ! Yup you'll lose game against bottom teams for the sake of it ! Even they are ***** you'll lose ! It's so great having the same scenario again and again with different tactics ! Tell me what I'm doing wrong and tell me what why you are making of the AI the best when that thing is **** ? Maybe more unrealistic results are for you an orgasm ! At every 1st, 2nd or 3rd shot on target it's always GOAL for the AI ! You can be as strong as you can the AI will con you ! I'm fed up of this ! ANd not forgeting the red cards ! That you want it or not the AI is rigging results ! Yup it's pretty normal also having a slump somehow when you are doing it too good ! 

Edited by Hingis

vor 5 Minuten schrieb Hingis:

How in hell could I become champion with a weaker team than I have but have worst results with a strenghtened team ? THE AI AT IT AGAIN ! Yup you'll lose game against bottom teams for the sake of it ! Even they are ***** you'll lose ! It's so great having the same scenario again and again with different tactics ! Tell me what I'm doing wrong and tell me what why you are making of the AI the best when that thing is **** ? Maybe more unrealistic results are for you an orgasm ! At every 1st, 2nd or 3rd shot on target it's always GOAL for the AI ! You can be as strong as you can the AI will con you ! I'm fed up of this ! ANd not forgeting the red cards ! That you want it or not the AI is rigging results ! Yup it's pretty normal also having a slump somehow when you are doing it too good ! 

Sounds like some real managers after losing games. Please do not swear on the forums. If you think there is something not working as it should in the game, post a bugs report and provide a saved game and pkms.

1 hour ago, Thunderchild94 said:

Don't you feel the game is slower this year? I mean, while processing, usually it only advances 1 day or not even that, needing to clic 2 or 3 times to let the game advance only one day... It gets annoying quickly :/ Is there a way to tell the game to process more than 1 day between pauses?

I think it's in preferences yeah

2 hours ago, stevemc said:

Hopefully this gets sorted in a patch as I've not even started a save yet because of it!

Dont wait- report any issues in the Bugs forum and let the SI staff help to find the problem- if you wait for an update and your issue is not included in that update, you may have another long wait for resolution.

Why is it every time I play this game I have to go into the settings and click on Profile for landing pages, even though its already set that way, and then save the settings in order for it to actually do that? Its getting very annoying. Also it asks me to confirm my age and ad preference every time I start the game.

49 minutes ago, craiigman said:

So this is annoying.. back up keeper

RHQJaIL.png

WBNiiGu.png

and I've been playing heavy rotation so far to keep best 11 available for the Euro Cup qualifiers, but still:

emN1SsE.png

Then there isn't even an option to say about rotation and fight for places etc

73LeZk6.png

How heavy is your rotation? Did your first-choice keeper just get a run of 5 straight games or something? 

If you're looking for an option about 'rotation', the 'there's a lot of football to be played' one is your best bet. That's my typical go-to in these situations and more often than not it works out. If it doesn't, it could also be an issue with his mentality perhaps not fitting in with the type of player you want in your team - I've experienced in many past versions of FM people unhappy that I've dropped them after they've been playing awfully, and then refuse to accept me saying that they've been playing badly, for example. 

So honestly, I usually try to pick any of the other solutions to pacify them (I admittedly sometimes cheat and reload to see if picking any other options improves my outcome - my typical go-to is the ), and if that doesn't work sometimes I think the best thing you can do is agree to sell them or loan them out and hunt for another (potentially more pliable) back-up keeper. 

But genuinely, I don't think this is a problem with the game engine. It's frustrating, sure. I think many of us can commiserate with you on that. But I don't think it's the game engine's fault! 

30 minutes ago, womble248 said:

How heavy is your rotation? Did your first-choice keeper just get a run of 5 straight games or something? 

If you're looking for an option about 'rotation', the 'there's a lot of football to be played' one is your best bet. That's my typical go-to in these situations and more often than not it works out. If it doesn't, it could also be an issue with his mentality perhaps not fitting in with the type of player you want in your team - I've experienced in many past versions of FM people unhappy that I've dropped them after they've been playing awfully, and then refuse to accept me saying that they've been playing badly, for example. 

So honestly, I usually try to pick any of the other solutions to pacify them (I admittedly sometimes cheat and reload to see if picking any other options improves my outcome - my typical go-to is the ), and if that doesn't work sometimes I think the best thing you can do is agree to sell them or loan them out and hunt for another (potentially more pliable) back-up keeper. 

But genuinely, I don't think this is a problem with the game engine. It's frustrating, sure. I think many of us can commiserate with you on that. But I don't think it's the game engine's fault! 

I posted up the screen shot, includes games missed in a row, which is just 1. Played 10 games total, he’s played 4, other keeper 6. 

21 minutes ago, FrazT said:

The " be patient" one will usually calm them down.

I’ll go with that one, makes the most sense.

17 minutes ago, FrazT said:

If the other keeper is playing well, the option to say that you want to give him a chance but the other guy is playing too well, will also work

I've found sometimes this is a bit subjective or doesn't work, though - I've had times where the response is "I actually don't think he's playing that well" and I'm stuck in a Catch-22 situation of either "I'm the boss", "I'll sell you" or "Fine, I'll play you." None of those options are in any way appealing. Haha.

Is there a way to set up a filter for a players second or additional nationality? I'm just about to have Brexit in my game and am aware that my current filter is only picking up players that have a first nationality of English/Welsh/Scottish/Northern Irish/Irish.

It would be helpful to be able to search for those who may have British nationality as an additional nationality.

Customers or paying testers? 

Are the customers of football manager customers or are we paying testers? I have wondered this a lot in all the years I have played FM, espescially in the first month or so after the "full" release of the game. Every year it is the same thing, you buy the game, start playing and it is not finished- one thing when you play the beta, then you must expect some bugs and issues. But I don't play the beta much I wait for the full release and it still have a bunch of smaller and bigger issues with don't get fixed for a week or two, sometimes up to a month. And the paying customer needs to play the game and report in thousand of bugs and issues. The biggest issues every year is the match engine and crashes, I must say the crashes have occurred less and less for me on fm 17 and 18. But the match engine? Just one example- I played with Liverpool and Virgil Van Dijk had 21!! goals all from corners, Fabinho had 12 goals from penalties, Firmino played as striker had far less shots then Van Dijk(yes these things are reported in the bugs forum) I see many say play a tactic that suits the match engine, I don't want to play to just beat the match engine, I want to beat the match engine with my own style. Another example is the user interface, its lacking small bits here and there( yes also reported in the. bugs forum). I love. this game, its a great hobby of mine and I spend abut 1500-2000 hours a year playing it but I am really tired of having to wait for a patch, and there I come to the next thing, communication from the developers. Can we get an estimate on when a patch is coming? Are you seeing all the bugs that are reported? When I buy a game, I want to play the game to win trophies, develop players and teams, not play the game to look for mistakes so I can post it in a forum. I must say I really love the game and when this you years game is finished I am sure it will be the best one ever made. Thank you for a great game! I really mean that.

48 minutes ago, 17Gonzo said:

Is there a way to set up a filter for a players second or additional nationality? I'm just about to have Brexit in my game and am aware that my current filter is only picking up players that have a first nationality of English/Welsh/Scottish/Northern Irish/Irish.

It would be helpful to be able to search for those who may have British nationality as an additional nationality.

advanced - nationality - partially - uk/irish think this will do it

12f3b6ee2b2d01509ed6a8ab5b0f26bd.png

1 minute ago, ShaunJ said:

It's def not in my emails. I've looked everywhere and searched the folders. I have an order number on the site though and it just says a confirmation email has been sent. I defiantly put the correct email in.

Really nothing that anyone on here can do unfortunately- you need to contact the seller to chase this up

5 hours ago, womble248 said:

Backup GK's demanding more playtime have been a problem forever in FM. If you want the traditional hierarchy of GK's, meaning the 2nd GK only plays if the first choice is unavailable, then that's basically impossible to maintain - you'll have to replace your 2nd GK every season, two at a stretch.

Basically, the game needs a unique squad status for a designated 2nd GK, been saying it for years. Not all 'Backup' players are created equal - but all you can give a 2nd GK is the same squad status that you can give to backup outfield players, meaning they expect to at least start here and there, cups maybe, and some appearances off the bench. Whereas many backup GK's in real life sign up knowing they might not even make a single appearance, in fact that's most of them because that's what usually happens in the smaller and lower league teams who treat the cups very seriously and only have league games otherwise. It's why I've made a habit of signing young, decent but not hugely promising GK's on a Hot Prospect contract and just having them as my backup GK's while also available for the reserves\U23's.

An annoying issue that should have been addressed years ago.

Edited by bar333

9 hours ago, FrazT said:

Dont wait- report any issues in the Bugs forum and let the SI staff help to find the problem- if you wait for an update and your issue is not included in that update, you may have another long wait for resolution.

Already done that on November 2nd, no resolution yet... :seagull: