Your top 5 FM17 players

Don_69

Ok lads, who's your best/favorite FM 17 players? I'll start

1. Christian Pulisic - absolute BEAST in my Spurs save.

2. Dele Alli. Complete!

3. Renato Sanches. What an amazing player he is.

4. Dybala. Cheat.

5. Bernardo Silva. Pure class. Goals + assists galore.

Honorable mentions; Rugani, Donnarumma, Thomas Lemar, Ousmane Dembele, Griezmann, Ruben Neves, Ødegaard +++

That's a tough one and has taken some thinking but I got it. 

So my top 5 are:

1. Marcus Rashford - Just pure class and has recently won world player of the year in my 4th season on my man utd save.

2. Eric Matholo - Got for a free on my rangers save and was a beast at the back, even chipped in with a few goals. Probably my best buy on fm17.

3. Paul Pogba - Gets plenty of goals and assists, midfield general.

4. Adalberto Penaranda - Got on for Rangers from Watford, tore up the scottish league and europe, to help us win the league in the 2nd year and get to the quarters of the europa league. Great potential as well.

5. Ander herrera - Captain Fantastic for me, made captain after the 1st season with man utd, scored both goals in 2-1 win against Chelsea in champs league final in the 3rd season, also got a hattrick in club world champ final too.

Only really played as Rangers long-term so will only list players from that save:

1. Caries Alena - Very first signing on loan from Barca, helped win the Scottish Cup 1st season then a League & Europa League double the next followed by a domestic treble. The absolute heartbeat to my side and a steal at £5m when I eventually had the funds.

2. Jai Quitongo - Bought at the start of the game from Morton for £250k and has been an absolute machine since day one, chipped in with countless important goals and is only getting better. Now worth £5m and is still only 22.

3. Charlie Taylor - Free transfer from Leeds in the second season and has developed into Gareth Bale lite. All round complete defender/winger who can play down the whole left flank. Full England international and with £6m now.

4. Rafik Zhekini - Signed for £1.7m in the second season and is now the best player at the club, runs defences ragged and can play on both wings. Likes of Milan and Dortmund sniffing around but he won't be budging for anything less than £20m.

5. Rob Holding - Another loan made permanent, he's an absolute rock at the back and another who's now a full England international at the club. A steal at £2m.

Honourable mentions to Diego Poyet, Rui Pedro, Dayot Upamecano & James Tavernier.

1) Dybala: just ridiculous

2) Berardi, beast on Right side for me.

3) Lemar, was backup for ozil, but they are both genious!

4) Icardi, first transfer I did on my Arsenal save. Goals galore.

5) Jorge, very competent left back who's still very young. 

1) Jose Gaya. Haven't had a better player who's so consistent defensively and offensively at the same time.

2) Sergej Milinkovic Savic. Cheap Pogba, so many long range goals and he bosses the midfield better than most. Signed him for 15m in the second summer and am rejecting 96m bids from City for the 5 time Serbian POTY.

3) Mauricio Lemos. Always get him because Las Palmas are always relegated by season 2. One of the best CB's.

4) Davy Klaassen. Superb SS. 

5) Rodrigo Bentancur. Crajhyyy midfielder who will develop into one of the greatest. He came to me in the Greek Superleague and I took him with when I left for Roma. And then Arsenal. And then Barca.

1) David Luiz - an absolute brick wall of a centre back, the best I've had on FM17, also a huge threat from attacking corners at the front post

2) Roberto Pereyra - deployed in CMa and absolutely runs the show, very very talented on the ball

3) Hakim Ziyech - assist, assist, assist. One of my must have AP 

4) Kasper Dolberg - 20+ goals 3 seasons running in my Ajax save with 10+ assists in the last 2 years

5) Darren Fletcher - Mr reliable and Captain fantastic, very reliable on the ball, slows the play down and just makes play seem simple

You can probably tell from my choices I'm not big into buying players for ridiculous money, these were all very good players for me over various saves and there's a few I've had to leave out. Special mentions to Rondon, Jonny Evans, de Ligt, Klaassen, Leko, Callum Wilson and Trippier. 

1) Simon Dawkins. Best inside forward in the MLS.

2) Chris Wondolowski. Prolific striker guaranteed 10+ goals a season even in his mid 30s.

3) Fatai Alashe. Great pivot. He really dictates the tempo, and is a reliable defender and passer.

4) Jahmir Hyka. Great dribbler.

5)Harold Cummings. Strong defender.

I'm boring and tend to stick to my Bayer Leverkusen save, so don't expect much :D

Marcel Tisserand was recommended by a member of the forums as a strong centre-back for a German Bundesliga side, and so I decided to sign him as a bargain replacement to the iconic Ömer Toprak. He's become somewhat of a more successful Tin Jedvaj, supplying confidence and stability to any position in which I choose to deploy him along the defensive line. The most versatile defensive player I've had the honour of using in the game so far.

Karim Bellarabi has always been a good player to use. Usually deployed on the right wing, he can be used as an out-and-out winger to sprint past his man and whip crosses into the box, or as an Inside Forward to find space in the box as he does so well in the real world, finishing chances with the elegance of a poacher. However, after watching Leverkusen take on HSV in January and witnessing his equally-impressive tracking back and defensive capabilities, it was then that I had the idea to create a Victor Moses out of him. As if the game prepared for this eventuality, he has doubled up as a solid right wing-back in games that I choose to deploy 5 defenders (usually against other teams that use 5 defenders such as Dortmund) and continued to cover the entirety of the flank, whipping in those all-important crosses and tracking back to win the ball when needed.

Taking a break from Germany, Lewis Cook was the best player to grace my "AFC Bournemouth - Home-Grown Only" save back on 17.1 in the summer. Predominantly used as a box-to-box midfielder, I could play this lad with any teammate (providing it wasn't Harry Arter following their disagreement during tutoring) and against any opposition (except Tottenham who would usually ignore our recently excellent form and hammer us by 2-3 goals) knowing that he would come out with a rating above 7 (as long as he avoided getting sent off).

To finish, this game isn't short of OP strikers. When used correctly and with the right role and responsibility, some players will just guarantee you 5+ goals a month and that's something I've been fortunate enough to have on both of my main saves. So the last shoutouts go to Callum Wilson and Javier "Chicharito" Hernández for all the match-winning performances, especially the latter for attracting a crazy transfer sum at the end of the first season.

1. Dybala, he literally breaks the game if I sign him, 3 years goal returns of 61,72,65 in total in my last save with about 25 assists a year

2.assensio, assists machine regularly get 25-30 assists a season for me, chips in with double figure goals as well

3. Maia, complete midfielder, holding, playmaker, attacker everything u need to build a team around

4. Pogba very overpowering in the game, goals and assists a plenty, a 15-15 man for me goals and assists wise 

5 rashford, true star, can play wide or upfront and delivers their plenty of goals 

Only really had 2 saves this year, and haven't bonded with my newgens which has made long saves hard, but here's mine:

1. Reiss Nelson (playing as Arsenal) - Recalled from loan midway through a season as injury cover - scored from the bench on his debut in an FA Cup 3rd round win against West Ham and never looked back - proud owner of the no 11 shirt

2. Jai Quitongo (playing as Bournemouth) - brought in for 250k rising to 350k from Scotland as a youth prospect at the beginning of the game, ended up being thrust into the first team following injuries to King and Afobe; has scored goals against Arsenal, Chelsea, Man Utd, Man City and Liverpool and halfway through season 2 is worth £8m

3. Calum Wilson (playing as Bournemouth) - the only player I've had any success with playing as a Complete Forward on FM17; goals, assists, complete in every sense of the word

4. Alfie Mawson (playing as Bournemouth) - picked up for £5m in first January to replace the outgoing Steve Cook and play as cover for Ake and Francis. Now regularly commands a starting spot, and is the heart of the defence when I switch to my defensive 5-3-2

5. Mohammed Elneny (playing as Arsenal) - just an absolute machine for me, spent the first season as third choice behind Coquelin and Xhaka but broke through following Coquelin's BIG money move to Bayern. Became the heartbeat of the team alongside Aaron Ramsey, before eventually being sold 6 years in for close to £40m

Majority of these are from my long term Man Utd save.

1. Facundo Colidio - Picked him up in the 18/19 season for £3.2m from Boca. Currently on 194 goals in 251 league apps, just a few goals shy of the all time top scorer for Utd. Just a ridiculous player. Even hit 71 goals in one season. Class.

2. Felix Passlack - Shelled out quite a bit for him (£24m) in the 17/18 season when he wasn't getting a look in at Dortmund. Thought he would fit in perfectly as a bombing full back and he done just that. 12 years later he is now my captain and still banging in assists for fun.

3. Kurt Zouma - Again purchased in the 17/18 season. Needed a fast CB and Zouma was the perfect option. Has been nothing but solid since and still my first choice CB/SW at 33. Very consistent.

4. Paulo Dybala - Like most here, I have to give a shout out to Dybala. Had a brief save as Juve and him and Higuain up front just demolished teams. Does feel a bit like a cheat player when using him. Wanted him desperately in my Utd save but never managed it.

5. Eric Dier - Yet another buy from the 17/18 season on my Utd save. Absolute rock in the DM spot. Solid and consistent. Was with me for 11 years before he moved on. Cost me a fair bit (£52m) but for me, he was worth every penny.

Quite a few who should get a shout. De Gea was a brick wall in goal. Pogba was immense for me, as was Koke alongside him.

Sorry that there is not much variety outside of my Utd save, but thats the one I've been playing the most throughout FM 17.

I've started so many saves at so many clubs in so many countries but these are the guys I've enjoyed managing the most.

1. Dybala - This year's man crush, last year it was Vietto.

2. Pavon - Just Amazing as an IF(a) on the right in a couple of different saves for me.

3. Lemar - As above but on the left. Goals and assists galore.

4. Donnarumma - Rock solid keeper for the next 15-20 years.

5. Andre Silva - Goal Machine.

1. Paulo Dybala - unstoppable, peerless in scoring and creating

2. Alexander Isak - not the highest potential, but truly wonderful attribute spread, goal machine

3. Callum Gribbin - assist machine, free kick extraordinaire

4. Kostas Manolas - absolute tank, there isn't a header he doesn't fancy winning and no shot too powerful to block

5. Jesse Lingard - the most clutch performer I've ever seen, 5 seasons in with United and he has never failed to score in a cup final that he has played

In my Portsmouth save, currently Championship side, my best players are/have been:

Rafal Gilkiewicz

Liam Bridcutt

Roger Tamba M'Pinda

Ben Close

Enda Stevens

1. Dier - Beast on my Spurs save. Great pass completion, competent ball winner and good interception rate.

2. Lloris - Brilliant goalkeeper and influential captain. Always settles unhappy players.

3. Romagnoli - Never has a bad game in defense.

4. Lacazette/Lewandowski - Absolute gods up front in my save.

5. Alli - Very creative playmaker. Racks up a lot of assists. Usually good for a goal as well.

• 3 weeks later...

Reiss Nelson - He's developed into quite the player for me on a couple of saves now and gives performances to match.

Alex Grimaldo - For me, he's the best left back in the game (probably due to the system I play). Really gives the opposition a lot of trouble going forward.

Alexandre Lacazette - I'm yet to get a poor/mediocre season from him. He's extremely consistent and has been the definition of a Complete Forward for me.

Alban Lafont - It seems like no matter what age I acquire him at, he's always ready to make the step up. He's also had an incredible penalty saving record for me.

Ruben Neves - He's the closest I've come to getting Pirlo-like performances in FM to date. Really good with his distribution and the way he dictates the tempo of the game. The occasional 30 yard screamer he chips in with every now and then is a nice bonus, too.

On 17/06/2017 at 10:10, Rino72. said:

Only really played as Rangers long-term so will only list players from that save:

1. Caries Alena - Very first signing on loan from Barca, helped win the Scottish Cup 1st season then a League & Europa League double the next followed by a domestic treble. The absolute heartbeat to my side and a steal at £5m when I eventually had the funds.

2. Jai Quitongo - Bought at the start of the game from Morton for £250k and has been an absolute machine since day one, chipped in with countless important goals and is only getting better. Now worth £5m and is still only 22.

3. Charlie Taylor - Free transfer from Leeds in the second season and has developed into Gareth Bale lite. All round complete defender/winger who can play down the whole left flank. Full England international and with £6m now.

4. Rafik Zhekini - Signed for £1.7m in the second season and is now the best player at the club, runs defences ragged and can play on both wings. Likes of Milan and Dortmund sniffing around but he won't be budging for anything less than £20m.

5. Rob Holding - Another loan made permanent, he's an absolute rock at the back and another who's now a full England international at the club. A steal at £2m.

Honourable mentions to Diego Poyet, Rui Pedro, Dayot Upamecano & James Tavernier.

Do you play Quitongo as winger or Striker? Grabbed him on a free as Celtic but unsure where to continue his progress?

edit: I have Holding on loan, £2M is a massive steal, he's a beast!

On 23/07/2017 at 13:53, craiigman said:

Do you play Quitongo as winger or Striker? Grabbed him on a free as Celtic but unsure where to continue his progress?

edit: I have Holding on loan, £2M is a massive steal, he's a beast!

I usually play him on the right as a Ramdeuter, give him regular football and his stats shoot up!

Holdings been immense for me prob won't keep him for much longer though as Liverpool and City are sniffing around him.

Andre silva - very clinical, scored 50 in one season.

Jesus Vallejo - If you are looking for a world class BPD, he should be your first thought.

Coric - Fantastic player who creates opportunities for fun and relatively cheap.

Darmian - Very good full back for either side.

Pogba - Complete midfielder.

Andres CUBAS: quality all round midfielder and scores worldies!

Christian PAVON: awesome winger! 

Teemu PUKKI: decent FS Nine!

George Lebese: South African winger that can produce a lot of goals from the left and chip in with a fair few. This guy did wonders for me in fm12 but still quality and cheap in fm17. 

Strahil Popov: RB and can play RM. This guy was lethal on fm16. Fm17 and still a reliable defender with goals and assist to his name. I think I picked him up for about £1.5M in fm17 bargain!! 

Jakob Novak - Cheap, develops well, great AM/Fwd. Signed him in multiple saves.

Jovan Nisic - Similar to Novak, except for CM/DM.

Kaj Sierhuis - Great AM/Fwd in my Ajax save, goals and assists galore.

Orbelin Pineda - Classic box to box mid, one of the main players in my RBL save.

Charlie Taylor - Always reliable, picking him up for free 2nd season is a steal.

On 19/06/2017 at 23:48, MShing said:

1. Kasper Dolberg

2. Davy Klaassen

3. Mousa  Dembele  goal machine

4. Tierny (Celtic lb) assist king from lb 20 assist last season

5. Rajikovic (sp?) great young gk so many clean sheets

I've signed Rajikovic, and he's been terrible. Basically every game where I let in goals, report after game says he made mistakes for them all. Let me down in some big games too. Stats wise he's better than Gordon, but other than that he's been really poor.

Only a season and a half in, but so far:

1. Scott Sinclair - goals and assists for fun, but does have a few off days.

2. Patrick Roberts - signed him for a second season loan. Bags goals and assists for fun as well.

3. Jefferson Lerma - I wanted a real box to box player, and I got that. Could do with more goals, but he's been quality.

4. Eric Sviatchenko - started slow in my first season, but now he's a beast. Need to work on my corners to try and get him some more goals really.

5. Marco Asensio - managed to get him on 6 month loan and he really pushed my Celtic team to another level. Was great to have him here.

Icardi - On my inter save he scored bags of goals definitely one of the best

Ndidi - Never had a better DM always so reliable breaking up play and scoring a couple of goals from corners to

Pavon - Amazing on the left wing as an inside forward for me

Bazoer - One of the best box to box players i have ever had scored and assisted plenty

Kongdobia - In the central midfield attack role he is almost unplayable breaks up play well and intercepts really from high up the pitch and chips in with goals and assists to.

10+ year into my Liverpool save

1. Divock Origi - Goal machine. Scores 30+ goals almost every season.

2. Gianluigi Donnarumma - My captain now. Rarely has a bad game. Best captain so far, managed to solve many player issues.

3. Niklas Süle - Beast CD. Like Donnarumma, rarely a bad game.

4. Leon Goretzka - Can play pretty much anywhere on the midfield. Great penalty taker.

5. Sheyi Ojo - Pretty much kept Coutinho out of the starting XI as LW after 2-3 years. Still my start player and will never sell even if there is better players.

Flitted between saves with some custom Db before settling on Utd.

1) Axel Tuanzebe -he's a beast.

2) Alexander Isak - CFa One man wrecking ball. Goals and assists for fun.

3) Luke Shaw - 6 season average of 7.59 not many assists or goals but high on tackling, dribbling and passing. 

4) Frank Kessie. Squad option but love the commentary of "he loves to power them in"

5) Bought for £55m in 4th season to play SS. Bagged 39 in 52 in 1st and been awesome since. Dybala 

23 hours ago, Fowara said:

10+ year into my Liverpool save

1. Divock Origi - Goal machine. Scores 30+ goals almost every season.

2. Gianluigi Donnarumma - My captain now. Rarely has a bad game. Best captain so far, managed to solve many player issues.

3. Niklas Süle - Beast CD. Like Donnarumma, rarely a bad game.

4. Leon Goretzka - Can play pretty much anywhere on the midfield. Great penalty taker.

5. Sheyi Ojo - Pretty much kept Coutinho out of the starting XI as LW after 2-3 years. Still my start player and will never sell even if there is better players.

+1 Origi, he is unbelievable in this game

1. Alessio Romagnoli - Possibly one of the best, most complete CBs I've played with on FM. Cornerstone to any success I had in my first save of FM17 at Milan. Him, plus my No. 2 Donnarumma could get clean sheets by themselves if need-be. 

2. Gianluigi Donnarumma - Pretty much, Ter Stegen aside - because of his distribution - the best GK ever on FM imo. Starts at a very high level, at 17, and develops into a world-class GK by 21. Could easily get 2 decades of service out of him. 

3. Divock Origi - Has it all, really. The epitomisation of a Complete Forward. Can dribble, hold it up - helps if you get rid of his PPM - and can most importantly, score. He really is the Anthony Martial-lite.

4. Alejandro Arribas - So, so solid and available for £4.4m at the start of the game. Amazing mentals, great technical and physicals and you can easily make a profit on him. He's a must sign at the start of every save.

5. Roberto Firmino - For me, this guy epitomises the Raumdeuter role - sorry, Thomas. This guy is so prolific from out wide. So smart; can press well and can finish in any way imaginable. The key-player in my treble-winning Liverpool side - scoring two goals in the final. 

1. Rafa Silva - Immense for me at Benfica. Playing on the right wing as an AP, he scored something like 16 goals and had 17 assists.

2. Ze Gomes - Finally, the Portuguese striker I had been looking for. The right combination of physicality, technicality, and creativity.

3. Diego Batista - An unexpected talent that came up huge in big games, scoring screamers and dribbling through defenses.

4. Hector Bellerin - Great attacking fullback. Not the most creative attributes wise but always manages to get assists due to his pace.

5. Bernardo Silva - Won me a world cup. Creatively a step ahead of everyone else. Never was able to recreate that in his club form however.

• 2 weeks later...

Mixing it up a little, I only play as Athletic Bilbao, I'm only in 2020/21 and with only Basque players it's a limited pool to pick from and won't be that interesting, so chose my 3 favs from Bilbao and then the final two are players who I just hate coming up against in La Liga and would love to manage.

1. Ander Herrera. Unstoppable in midfield

2. Aymeric Laporte. If you're looking for a BPD this guy is your man.

3. Asier Villalibre. Developed into an immense striker...just scores goals for fun.

Other two from elsewhere:

4. Facundo Colidio. Real Madrid signed him, he comes on against me when I'm leading 1-0 at their place. I wonder who is young lad is coming on, do a quick stat check and he looks damn good... proceeds to score twice in the last 20 minutes and they win 2-1

5. Franco di Santo. Ok totally weird one here, he's just that guy who I can't defend against. He scored 9 goals last season and 4 of them were against me 

1. Leroy Sane - the best left winger in the game for me. Makes assists for fun, also scores too. Unstoppable, very consistent, and determined.
  2. Gabriel Jesus - the complete forward who both creates and scores a lot. Especially after the database update - 17.3.
  3. Renato Sanches - does everything in the midfielder. Bosses the centre.
  4. Alex Grimaldo - the best left back, his runs always trouble the opponent's defense
  5. Marcus Rashford - cuts inside from the left wing using his irresistible acceleration & pace, and agility. A fun to watch him.

The more obvious ones

1 - Isco (unbelievable)

2 - Asensio

3 - Laporte

4 - Grimaldo

5 - Dybala

The least obvious

1 - Lucas (CB from Atletico)

2 - Douglas Costa

3 - Kovacic

4 - Handanovic

5 - Iwobi

On ‎21‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 17:55, PonderousShoe said:

1. Facundo Colidio - Picked him up in the 18/19 season for £3.2m from Boca. Currently on 194 goals in 251 league apps, just a few goals shy of the all time top scorer for Utd. Just a ridiculous player. Even hit 71 goals in one season. Class.

****! I just assumed he was a regen...

Got him in my Leverkusen save and he is absolutely immense! Goal return is sublime.

Gonna have to sign him for Spurs now :) Thanks

Dybala - Absolute beast, can do everything you want in a striker.

Romagnoli - The best CD I've seen this year.

Donnarumma - Cheap to get, insane stats and only 17 years old.

Felipe Andersen - I had a hard time looking for a good winger. This guy can play on both sides as winger ánd inside forward. Has pace, vision, good passing. The most complete wide player I ever had.

Renato Sanches - Can play as playmaker or box to box. Needs time to develop but is a true powerhouse.

1. Mauro Icardi - Amazing goalscorer, played only one season with Inter , but he scored for fun, got some 45 goals in 47 apps. In terms of pure goalscoring ability, I think he`s the best ST in this year`s game.

2. Malcom  - Might seem like a surprising choice, but he`s been tremendous in my Bordeaux save, good old-fashioned winger, had double figures in assists and goals for the 3 seasons I`ve had him.

3. Alessio Romagnoli - Best defender I`ve had. Doesn`t make a fuss about leaving either, unlike Dollaruma.

4. Danilo Cataldi - Excellent playmaker.

5. Ludwig Augustinsson - cheap to buy, turns into one of the most useful DL in the game. 

Honourable mentions go to Faouzi Ghoulam, Andre Silva and Christian Capone.

1. Daniel Rugani - Solid, reliable, cheap if you go for him in the first season as he's not first choice for Juve yet. Someone who would stay with you for his whole career without asking to leave every 2 minutes.

2. Luciano Vietto - Proper goal scorer. Rarely goes through bad patches. No one else seems to want him, always easy to get and you'll find him on the loan and transfer list most of the time.

3. Dele Alli - Plays best as a shadow striker which is a good representation of his real life role too.

4. Kelechi Iheanacho - Had the pleasure of having this guy for 3 seasons in my Leverkusen save and what a player. Everything he touched seemed to go in. Played him as an advanced forward with striker support next to him.

5. Marcus Edwards - This Tottenham youth player is quality but only if given a consistent run in the first team. Can play anywhere across the attacking midfield board.

Honourable mentions: Julien Bautgarmlinger, Ryan Sessegnon, Ante Coric, Franck Kessie and a Turkish player for Leverkusen that begins with A but can't remember (can't even find him on Google).

A 6 season save for me so all Hammers as my choices.

Manuel Lanzini -  Needed someone to takeover the mantle from Payet and this little fella has done the job as a CM A.  Halfway through my 6th season and his record is 68 goals and 38 assists in 5 and a half years.  Outstanding little player and a Club Icon.

Naby Keita - My biggest outlay at 58 million in my second season.  So good you don't really notice him until you play without him and then you notice the difference.  Comes up with his share of goals and assists and probably the best BBM I could find.

Gabriel Barbosa - A Club Legend now with his name next to Moore, Hurst and Peters.  76 goals and 34 assists in 156 appearances.

Romelu Lukaku - A snip at 36 million from Barcelona.  Can blow hot and cold but not a bad return of 52 goals and 28 assists in 102 games.

Angelo Ogbonna -  An average of over 7 in each of his seasons with me.  A real rock at the back.

Others worth a mention are Cresswell, Jenkinson as IWB's and Pedro Obiang a strong influence in midfield.

My big save has been with Borussia Dortmund--currently in the 2027-2028 season.

1. Alexander Isak - Been with me since the very beginning, and developed into a fantastic striker.  279 goals in 305 league appearances for me, and he's only 28, so I'm hoping I can get him to break the all-time Bundesliga scoring record.

2. Dele Alli - One of my favorite players from last year's FM as well--bought him from Tottenham in 2020 for 140 million (they didn't want to sell) and we've won the Champions League three times with him at AMC.  Getting old now but still does the business.

3. Thomas Lemar - Bought him from Monaco after the end of the first season, and he's been absolute class--never once asked to leave either, even when the Bundesliga slipped to fifth in league reputation because nobody but us was doing anything in Europe.  Scored 22 goals one season in the league from ML because he couldn't stop banging in the free kicks.  Again, getting up there now but still doing lovely work.

4. Kai Havertz - Bought him from Leverkusen after the end of the second season, and he's been great.  Not quite as good defensively as I might like, but he's a playmaker who's also big and strong, so when he can't find the space he makes it--critical in Europe when we end up playing Manchester United or PSG, as we do pretty much every year.

5. Alessio Romagnoli - Bought him at the end of the first season and he's been a rock at the heart of our defense for 306 league appearances and counting.  Has a knack of popping up at corners to score big goals for us too. 

Archived