• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

funny01.thumb.JPG.e1d658d8d814c017d25aa7a8c7cfea65.JPG

My defence is very smart!

Marc and Michael respectively 23 and 24yo

Playing as Wrexham in League 1 and they actually became the best defenders in the league that season (2026-2027) :

funny02.thumb.JPG.923f4b8fc9df63ce9a96ffee6cd100eb.JPG

Beginning of 4th season, 2nd season in Prem, supporters only got to do a 140 mile round trip for each home game! Surely Bournemouth or Brighton would have been more suitable or Southampton! 😉😂

D43DDB2B-3090-4BB2-9FBA-C39646311551.jpeg

Edited by Frogmore Frog

15 hours ago, Frogmore Frog said:

Beginning of 4th season, 2nd season in Prem, supporters only got to do a 140 mile round trip for each home game! Surely Bournemouth or Brighton would have been more suitable or Southampton! 😉😂

I assume that the game is programmed to not ground share with rivals.

7 hours ago, Neotropolis said:

That wouldn't make sense though. It happens all the time in other nations, and are you really going to tell me if one of Dundee or Dundee United were to redevelop their stadium they'd play in Glasgow rather than across the street?

Not so funny, but with no place to think of posting this ( i know about the career update tread, but i have no plans of making several updates of  this save). Just wanted to share my incredible run in Europe in the first season with F91 Dudelange from Luxembourg:) 

Skjermbilde 2019-03-17 kl. 23.40.51.png

Skjermbilde 2019-03-17 kl. 23.40.31.png

20 hours ago, Neotropolis said:

In my Bournemouth save I had to groundshare with Reading, and they're listed as rivals.

21 hours ago, zlatanera said:

That wouldn't make sense though. It happens all the time in other nations, and are you really going to tell me if one of Dundee or Dundee United were to redevelop their stadium they'd play in Glasgow rather than across the street?

9 hours ago, djpdavey said:

Wimbledon had to share with Palace....

8 hours ago, gunner86 said:

In my Bournemouth save I had to groundshare with Reading, and they're listed as rivals.

Then I stand corrected. I haven't had a groundshare in any of my saves so I assumed it was the case.

On 17/03/2019 at 21:29, zlatanera said:

No, but then the Scottish Premier League doesn’t have a minimum seating capacity requirement of 12,500.  The EPL does.

4 hours ago, DazRTaylor said:

No, but then the Scottish Premier League doesn’t have a minimum seating capacity requirement of 12,500.  The EPL does.

Gretna were forced to play at Motherwell when they were promoted into the SPL, due to ground-grading.

4 hours ago, DazRTaylor said:

Didn’t know that. Still seems weird they wouldn’t go to Southampton or Bournemouth, both of whom clearly must meet the requirements as current PL clubs. 

On 22/03/2019 at 11:07, Scotty Walds said:

Gretna were forced to play at Motherwell when they were promoted into the SPL, due to ground-grading.

That rule doesn't exist anymore, it vanished when the league system was restructured to involve non league football in 2013.

• 2 weeks later...
On 16/03/2019 at 23:06, Frogmore Frog said:

Had this in FM17 as well with Gateshead, all of my first seasons home fixtures in the Premiership were played at Watford 260 miles each way trip! 

My star playmaker made a move to Man City so I used the money to buy a new playmaker. I brought in a 23yo Mexican during the deadline of the January transfer window.

As soon as he joins, he pulled his ankle ligaments and is out for 2 weeks.

He then recovers and damages his knee cartlidge in the first full training back, another 5 weeks out.

He again recovers and I play him in his first game early april where he gets a straight red in the 38th minute for a reckless challenge.

The next three games he is suspended and basically finishes the season in the stands.

JLF.thumb.JPG.e4b56518f8989792c4454a9b8a7915de.JPG

F*#kwit then complains I didn't fulfill my promise of giving him enough free kicks!  :idiot:

On 11/04/2019 at 14:29, YouReds said:

Had this in FM17 as well with Gateshead, all of my first seasons home fixtures in the Premiership were played at Watford 260 miles each way trip! 

I'm with Boston in the Premier League, playing at Nottingham Forest's City Ground. Thing is, they have moved out into a new stadium, and my owners have since bought the ground! But we're still attempting to build a new stadium (back in Boston), but the local council keeps blocking it...

Didn't realise I had kit textures in the wrong order, fixed it after the match started and somehow only a few players changed their kits to the correct (grey) ones

image.png

And from the same match, my team did a good job scoring two goals very quick in succession

image.png

Not a screen shot but this amused me. We have 18 scouts and I asked for more. The conversation went, and I paraphrase, of course:

Me: We need more scouts

Director: No

Me: Please

Director: Not a chance

Me: Pretty please

Director: OK you can have five more

It's not even the end of August and apparently I've had a disastrous season (ok so I had a poor start after relegation hardly surprising considering my first team squad had half of the decent players cherry-picked on the cheap due to relegation clauses). I could understand getting that message if it was April but in August!!!!!

Screenshot (29).png

11 hours ago, ryanlion28 said:

Re playing a FM14 save and came across this gem...

image.thumb.png.18b054850f7d1ad3174e650dc4a0563e.png

Not only really really talented, but also has them long blonde locks

Look at the name... also that hair must really boost that heading ability :lol:

On 10/05/2019 at 10:52, ryanlion28 said:

Re playing a FM14 save and came across this gem...

image.thumb.png.18b054850f7d1ad3174e650dc4a0563e.png

Not only really really talented, but also has them long blonde locks

A bit low on leadership...

Can you re-train him as goalie? Wouldn't mind finding out what his aerial ability is like.

On my Salford City save last year I spent around 5 years in the Ethiad (much more sensible distance) as every time the stadium expansion was finished I requested it again. I'm not sure Man City would allow a team to ground share for 5 years IRL, especially as I became their biggest rivals in the league!

The game does struggle to cope with Stadium building and expansion from my experience.

I've just been promoted the Premier League with Torquay United and as my 6,200 capacity stadium isn't quite up to it I'm getting a new 18,500 capacity stadium built which is taking just over a year. Where will I play in the meantime... Bournemouth, it's a 212 mile round trip and Will take 2 hours 40 minutes each way. Can't drive? Well the terrible rail links to Bournemouth from Devon means it will take you between 4 and 5 hours each way!

Worst I've had by far! :lol: Ashton Gate or even Home Park would have been much better choices!

Edited by Robioto

@Robioto @Frogmore Frog forget building a new stadium...just because my stadium wasn't up to snuff for the Champions League, when I had a Tromsø save on the go we played our CL "home" games in Brann's stadium in Bergen! 

1200798275_Screenshot2019-05-24at21_22_17.thumb.png.84db466d0158df7c22905995ceb7bffb.png

We were selling it out too, although I guess if a Norwegian club got to the CL semis a lot of neutrals would want to attend.

If the council hadn't vetoed our new stadium I would have hoped we'd play our domestic home games at Bodo/Glimt's stadium ("only" 333 miles away) but I wouldn't be shocked given your experiences if we'd have effectively just become Bergen's second top flight football club for a while.

Crazy ground sharing! I’m back at Fratton Park now.......Bournemouth now renting stadium from us for there home games as the Vitality isn’t up to standard for the Premier League, far more sensible option distance wise!