Funny Screenshots Thread

I thought I'd seen every response to those conversations where you try to assuage a player's concern over playing time.

This is a new one...

image.png.756861999e65820771ecd373ed776bd3.png

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

15 hours ago, phd_angel said:

Indeed. Cock Monster?...  It's this type of sh*t that devalues the game. 

I think the face that this player also has is more devaluating here. Both issues easy to fix though: give a nickname to the player and move on and replace the game generated face with a cutout. Five minutes of work and done. 

On 09/05/2024 at 02:01, kelevra said:

What a name, c'mon now SI is this in as a joke?

Have you deleted certain files to circumvent lisences? There is a file in there that should stop these types of names from generating, but I've noticed that most guides tell you to delete the file for whatever reason. Could be that, or that this combo should be added to it.

16 hours ago, El Payaso said:

I think the face that this player also has is more devaluating here. Both issues easy to fix though: give a nickname to the player and move on and replace the game generated face with a cutout. Five minutes of work and done. 

Agree. Both cartoonish faces and ridiculous names are bad. (Yes, we can use AI faces and edit names but we shouldn't have to compensate for such low standards).

16 minutes ago, phd_angel said:

Agree. Both cartoonish faces and ridiculous names are bad. (Yes, we can use AI faces and edit names but we shouldn't have to compensate for such low standards).

As I said above, there is a file that limits banned names, but if the user has removed it, then things can happen. If the user haven't, then this is a candidate to be added to that list. (Unless that name is plausible for Dutch people, hell they have Jizz Hornkamp and Tiny Cox as examples of a names that doesn't ring well in English....)

Also, I asked a Dutch person if the name was plausible, and turns out, it is. Monster is a not that uncommon as a last name, and Cock is apparently a somewhat rare, but real first name. An example is Cock Jol (the brother of Martin Jol previously at Tottenham), who has been an assistant at Hamburg and Fulham (https://www.transfermarkt.com/cock-jol/profil/trainer/7164).

Guess you learn every day...

2 hours ago, phd_angel said:

Yep. The generated faces were a decent touch to the game about fifteen years ago when they were introduced (never used them though) but not up to the date. Some things, like the 2D match engine, age well but these faces should have been replaced ages ago. I always find it really odd when I see someone still having them active. This is always the first thing I deactivate when I install the new version of FM.