Funny Screenshots Thread

I know last weekend's result wasn't great, Aberdeen fans. Still, it could be a lot worse...

1fZCqQP.png

But that's not all. Eoin Jess took over as Aberdeen manager in 2009, when they were in Division 1. He got them promoted back to the SPL, where they stayed for one season before their descent to semi-professionalism and the bottom division really began. Incredibly, despite all that, Jess is STILL in charge!

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What’s so funny about that screen-shot you may ask? Well John Rudge playing for Barca! Getting sent off was likely a help.

A quote from his real world bio: Once a striker with Wolves - his hometown club - Huddersfield, Carlisle, Torquay, Bristol Rovers and Bournemouth, John spent most of his playing career in reserve-team football. He feels he would have progressed much further but for an injury at Rovers when he was in his mid-twenties. In a way, I think that helped him become a good coach. It seems to me that helping young players get the most out of themselves is his way of releasing the frustration of falling short himself.

Piccy06.jpg

Swansea had a takeover and spent a ton of money to get relegated!

cb7077cc93121f6fd454c588a8daa79b.png

19th place yet Alan Hutton keeps his job....

Some of those players have moved on rather than drop to the Championship and the club made their money back. Fairbairn moved to Juventus for £17m, Smith to Southampton for £21m and Mercier to Marseille for £10m. 

Can't remember an attempt at buying your way to the top go so wrong in FM!

This is the funniest thing ive ever Seen.! my local club Toronto FC in Canada has a defender our managers nephew called Eriq Zavaletta ! met the guy a few times nice enough. But he inst the most liked player on the team. Any ways he isnt a great defender but I was scouting in america for my sporting side and boom I see this ! he is second in goals ahead of Josef Martinez !! any body who knows MLS will find this hilarious ! never seen a defender second in the league ! Josef Martinez is a BEAST! Elis is decent to ! anybody else had a crappy slow defender almost leading the league in goals. 

Major League Soccer_ Overview Profile.png

On 15/10/2019 at 06:18, Gross_Ballon said:

This is the funniest thing ive ever Seen.! my local club Toronto FC in Canada has a defender our managers nephew called Eriq Zavaletta ! met the guy a few times nice enough. But he inst the most liked player on the team. Any ways he isnt a great defender but I was scouting in america for my sporting side and boom I see this ! he is second in goals ahead of Josef Martinez !! any body who knows MLS will find this hilarious ! never seen a defender second in the league ! Josef Martinez is a BEAST! Elis is decent to ! anybody else had a crappy slow defender almost leading the league in goals. 

Major League Soccer_ Overview Profile.png

I managed Toronto on FM19, and to be fair, Zavaleta is listed as DC/ST. To look at his attributes, I couldn't work out why. Was handy to throw up top and smash balls to though. Especially late in the game if we were losing

Edited by gunner86

3 hours ago, gunner86 said:

I managed Toronto on FM19, and to be fair, Zavaleta is listed as DC/ST. To look at his attributes, I couldn't work out why. Was handy to throw up top and smash balls to though. Especially late in the game if we were losing

Its funny cause im a ST holder and last year we used Nick Hagglund (Now at FC Cincinatti) as this type of player a solid defender late in games we Vanney would throw him up top for headers. 

How ever having watched Zavaletta for years I he isn't any where near a striker and who ever did research on him must be good friends with stevie wonder ! 

4 hours ago, YouReds said:

My 'keeper is wanted by Real Madrid but their manager still managed to single him out as my weak link in the build up to my CL game. Nice way to entice him to the club!

image.thumb.png.7a6e0e3f335669a5432dcbfb161a6da3.png

image.thumb.png.12c9cd85e24d8c659e51de1e988fdda0.png

mate your keeper got his arse whooped by the ugly trees strongest branch 

3 hours ago, mrtintheweb said:

I wonder indeed. Though Madrid scored so many only a very few clubs have a positive goal difference! Imagine finishing 3rd in a league with a minus 4 difference!

T

Curios Curiosity! :D How oft do you see Players claiming they'd edited top Players in lower leagues (or field their strikers in Goal) and it wouldn't have made a difference. Just wanted to see what were to happen.

As of the GD in the above screenshot: On average Madrid shipped 15 Goals past each side, which explains this a bit. :D 

Edited by Svenc

4 hours ago, Rien102 said:

Both taken at 11:15pm US Eastern time...  I think there some people needs a fix!

image.thumb.png.6bab09374acd4252950968ab744c6c3b.png

1 4951 replys since September 19th vs. 937 replies in a thread barely 25hrs old!

image.thumb.png.a93a9fc4db5c9495474ca7bdd4b5a2ef.png

This is the only time of year I visit these forums anymore

On 27/09/2019 at 13:24, Carambau said:

would probably be funny if it was in english as this is an english forum, or at least with a translated quote below the post...

sorry all :)

on top info there is info named "sell player" / 180days / glad that he was promised a transfer to another club

below that is info "not to sell player" / 342 days / glad that it hadn't been sold as promised, and he hopes it will stay that way

about same player xD

On 30/10/2019 at 15:19, Rien102 said:

Both taken at 11:15pm US Eastern time...  I think some people needs a fix!

image.thumb.png.6bab09374acd4252950968ab744c6c3b.png

1 4951 replys since September 19th vs. 937 replies in a thread barely 25hrs old!

image.thumb.png.a93a9fc4db5c9495474ca7bdd4b5a2ef.png

To be fair, there was a LOT of GIFs in that thread