Football Manager 2024 Official Feedback Thread

4 minutes ago, Zapoleon said:

To be honest probably not that unfair for such a short player to have such a weakness. Now if its more wide spread and taller players have that issue its defo a problem. 

Only a small sample size but from a quick check of my 2042 save the top 10 best CB's all have above or around 15 jump reaching. 

Yeah I don't mind players having weaknesses, I feel the real life players tend to be a bit too good at everything at the start of the game. I just think if a player is a natural CB they would presumably be a baseline height for a player to make it at a professional level. It feels like this guy would quite quickly be moved to full-back or midfield at youth level.

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

20 minutes ago, Ricsi said:

There was a mini update around the time I posted, started a new game and J-League was a working option.

It was a playable option before the update, it’s just not fully licensed as advertised and missing like 200 players. There are also other issues with the data.

36 minutes ago, Dotsworthy said:

Newgens and player development seems better this year, with the occasional oddities. One suggestion for newgens: We could do with some minimum required attributes for certain positions. This is the worlds best natural CB in the game with 190CA, and 2 Jumping Reach

image.thumb.png.f80a388b8e875c3e6f948df49c646048.png

I agree with the suggestion.

172cm isn’t that short - I’d struggle to find any elite level players of that height with a 2 rating, let alone at CB. 

And to have 17 strength and the obvious explosive ability for 16s in pace and acceleration, it shouldn’t be possible for his jumping to be that low. 

I wasn't going to buy this game, but I got sucked into the hype.

I regret it, too many big bugs for me and no idea of when they'll be fixed.

I'll buy FM25 because of the addition of women's football but if it's a mess that might be the end of my streak of buying this game. I surely cannot be the only one, especially as we are in a cost of living crisis. 

Really, really disappointed by the start of this game

9 minutes ago, porcorosso2049 said:

Do SI normally patch the game? IF so when do they normally release it?

I wont buy until these bugs are gone

Not definitive but there was a comment from an SI staff member that seemed to intimate that there may be some fixes before the December update. Cross your fingers. 

3 hours ago, LolloViola said:

The fact that over 90% of the reviews of a football game in which the AI is not making any logic substitution are positive is basically self-explicative about how much Steam reviews are useful.

Unfortunately in today's world reviews are exploited by many people . Opposition game developers give poor reviews , Game developers give themselves good reviews and staff are encouraged to give good reviews and are rewarded to do so . Customers are given gifts to give good reviews. Company reviews like PC Gamer or IGN give reviews only on release but never 6 months down the track . I've worked for companies that have done this so its quite prevalent but there are genuine reviews for sure so you have to look for them . I have no doubt that there are people on here that are just here to taint this product with bad reviews and also good reviews . The best reviews are from you and your mates 

Edited by alian62

1 hour ago, Domoboy23 said:

Dude... he's 5'6/7. He was never going to be a CB. I'm sure there's lots of technically and mentally great CBs who were just too short to make that position.

Play him in DM. He'd be great. Or do all players have to be born a certain height now?

Ivan Cordoba, Lisandro Martinez...but yeah, they are a rarity.

It's not a problem that the player has 2 jumping reach. Problem is - why does he have 16 heading if his jumping reach is 2? He obviously practiced that heading, so one would guess his jumping reach would also improve during that time realistically. But it's very unrealistic sometimes.

It is weird with regens, height - jumping reach - heading are very disconnected. Those three attributes should be more dependent on each other.

5 minutes ago, porcorosso2049 said:

Is there always a December update?
Will they be even further updates after that?

Miles said in a interview, in an ideal world, if the game is patched up and working, he would want all the developers to finish FM24 by December and concetrate on FM25. Obviously would have support still.... just wont be patched up as much after December

So first full day with the game and overall I am enjoying it, not having the issues many are reporting on here.

The ME is improved in my opinion with some good flowing moves, although some of the shots are so lethal that 5 keepers would not stop them :)

My only moan so far is the almost fog like cover on most match days. That is the best way I can describe it. Its even there and some sunny days. Anyone else noticed this?

I have tried adjusting the detail level on my match graphics and it makes no difference

Screenshot (39).png

Edited by Womaz

5 minutes ago, Womaz said:

It looks hazy to me.

This is another one in the same weather conditions. Look how much clearer it is

Screenshot (38).png

It's almost like they've applied a filter. Personally I think that looks great, more atmospheric and immersive. 

1 minute ago, janrzm said:

It's almost like they've applied a filter. Personally I think that looks great, more atmospheric and immersive. 

I hear you , I prefer the clear one though. :)

I thought it might be the weather , but they are both sunny days.

When you say they may have applied a filter, what do you mean? Can I get rid of it? 

2 hours ago, Domoboy23 said:

Dude... he's 5'6/7. He was never going to be a CB. I'm sure there's lots of technically and mentally great CBs who were just too short to make that position.

Play him in DM. He'd be great. Or do all players have to be born a certain height now?

He's also 30 years old on an AI team.  There are things that happen beyond merely what the player does.

7 minutes ago, Womaz said:

I hear you , I prefer the clear one though. :)

I thought it might be the weather , but they are both sunny days.

When you say they may have applied a filter, what do you mean? Can I get rid of it? 

It's just a term I chose to use. As a photographer I might choose to use a UV filter to reduce haze. Here it looks like they have created the effect of a digital reverse UV filter (applying haze). We can't remover it. I haven't seen that much feedback on the graphics beyond the shadows not looking as pronounced as the initial videos that were released with the new  features.

Like I said, I like it but I can see how some wouldn't. It made me think about changing my plans and doing a South America save, with the added atmosphere!! :lol:

Edited by janrzm

19 hours ago, FrazT said:

Delegate press and tunnel conferences  to your assistant via the Staff, Responsibilities menu

Thanks - but I'm unemployed so don't have an assistant?

Despite that, seems less than ideal that I have to disable/ ignore a specific feature, because it doesn't operate realistically/ as it should 

You can debate all day as to importance of the missing elements of the J-League. Tell me it wasn't the right thing to be upfront about what was and wasn't actually going to be delivered though.......? It would have taken one post on here or a single tweet to manage peoples expectations and make them aware of the situation. 

I don't think people are being unreasonable in their expectations for the feature or in their disappointment at not being informed. I'll most likely never play a J-League save but as I always maintain, I'm never going to play down the importance of any element of this game because it's not critical to me when I know it will be to someone else.

Edited by janrzm

2 hours ago, porcorosso2049 said:

Is there always a December update?
Will they be even further updates after that?

For the most part normally there is a minor December update and a major December update. Last year I think was different they took an early xmas break and it was Jan for that year. 

It is easy for big clubs to secure transfer funds in the Middle East-related transfer market, and inflation heats up too quickly.
Big clubs sweep promising players like a jewel box with their capital power and pay hundreds of billions or more to acquire them in the Middle East.

Also, difficulty and fun halved by the phenomenon of giving tens to hundreds of billions to take replacement and obscure players. 

However, the problem of only decorating and releasing the bench without using the key players is still the same as in the previous games.

Played about 200 hours already and the strengths / problems are the the same as usual.

- Visuals / animations are great.

- ME is better. As usual slightly biased toward pressing systems even if you don't have the stats for it. 

- Too many mistakes playing out even if you have great players for it. 

- AI squad building and player judgement is still extremely poor. This makes roles like TDs unusable. 

- Transfers out is better. It's more possible to offload average players than in previous versions. 

- Happiness management is too difficult.

- Still locked in to certain choices with limited player roles. 

- Assistant and analyst tactical advice is useless, annoying and can't be turned off.

- Set pieces need a rebuild. Locked into a completely unrealistic way if doing things. 

- morale is still hugely overemphasised. 

Edited by whatsupdoc

2 minutes ago, whatsupdoc said:

Played about 200 hours already and the strengths / problems are the the same as usual.

- Visuals / animations are great.

- ME is better. As usual slightly biased toward pressing systems even if you don't have the stats for it. 

- Too many mistakes playing out even if you have great players for it. 

- AI squad building and player judgement is still extremely poor. This makes roles like TDs unusable. 

- Transfers out is better. It's more possible to offload average players than in previous versions. 

- Happiness management is too difficult.

- Still locked in to certain choices with limited player roles. 

- Assistant and analyst tactical advice is useless, annoying and can't be turned off.

- Set pieces need a rebuild. Locked into a completely unrealistic way if doing things. 

Agree with you except i like the set pieces a lot. sure they can be further improved but huge improvement! albeit short corners and throw ins seem overpowered (and not sure if captured in the league stats).

6 minutes ago, StephenG said:

Agree with you except i like the set pieces a lot. sure they can be further improved but huge improvement! albeit short corners and throw ins seem overpowered (and not sure if captured in the league stats).

Just bears no resemblance to how a coach does set pieces irl. There's no freedom, creativity, individuality to attacking. No blocking, plans, ideas...

Needs a complete rebuild if it's going to reflect reality in any way.

Edited by whatsupdoc

1 hour ago, janrzm said:

You can debate all day as to importance of the missing elements of the J-League. Tell me it wasn't the right thing to be upfront about what was and wasn't actually going to be delivered though.......? It would have taken one post on here or a single tweet to manage peoples expectations and make them aware of the situation. 

I don't think people are being unreasonable in their expectations for the feature or in their disappointment at not being informed. I'll most likely never play a J-League save but as I always maintain, I'm never going to play down the importance of any element of this game because it's not critical to me when I know it will be to someone else.

I actually put off starting my main save in the beta as I wanted to manage in Japan/Asia and had seen that there were problems.

So yeah I'm as disappointed as anyone that they haven't been able to sort them.

There are instances of leagues just straight up not working as they should which makes them IMO unplayable (I believe someone mentioned the Argentinian league and the MLS above both have issues this year), leagues that pick random teams to qualify for continental comps instead of the ones that actually qualified is another issue that crops up way too often IMO, these are absolutely game breaking and baffling they make it into the game.

And yet nobody seems to get irate over this and it's honestly a yearly problem where some of the more obscure leagues just straight up don't work for months.

This J-League issue isn't one of those it's a mild annoyance thats easily fixed, and I know someone is going to say via third party and those same people probably fix a dozen other issues with the game via third party solutions.

But what do I know I'm a dirty casual  who only averages around 1500 hours or so of LLM management every FM cycle!

8 hours ago, sgevolker said:

Hi,

what could be the reason that a player is not available for one year?

image.png.f14f021f0864dc68374b819bc8902f3e.png

Br

Volker

He suffered a bad injury in preseason and underwent surgery. Probably the researcher did not have enough info at the time the data was locked.

Feedback 

Feeling: Disappointed, frustrated

Reason: So played a few hours "Early access" or beta what ever it is and saw game is not worth play yet. Started reporting bugs and following other reports. Thought this year would be the same as always that after early access there would be fixes. Still waiting fixes and starting to play. I feel I was drawn to report bugs because those AI fails are so obvious. So I spent early access time to wait and report bugs and not play like I had planned. I do not know why I bought early access again! *) Edit Especially when I got Baldurs gate 3 what I think is a most complete game ever. Maybe I need multiple lovers (games)  :D

No need to answer me why early access has bugs :D or what ever.

Edited by Pasonen

9 hours ago, sgevolker said:

Hi,

what could be the reason that a player is not available for one year?

image.png.f14f021f0864dc68374b819bc8902f3e.png

Br

Volker

He got banished from the squad and told he won't play for the club until his contract expires, I guess it's a way to replicate the situation so that the AI doesn't play him.

Edited by endtime

19 horas atrás, rdbayly disse:

Não digo isso com frequência, mas o jogo foi lançado em um estado que não pode ser levado a sério. Acabei de ganhar o campeonato no Boca sem problemas de profundidade do elenco como zagueiro, e então acontece o seguinte:

imagem.thumb.png.ed3c588f73910815aeaabca588c69830.png

O moral e o apoio da gestão evaporam-se no local e toda a equipa está descontente com o meu 'tratamento' a Cavani. O desempenho em campo entra em colapso instantaneamente e somos derrotados por 3 a 0 do nada.

Gasto todo o meu orçamento para trazer o melhor jovem zagueiro que posso encontrar:

imagem.thumb.png.d312cc954aff652fe62dd62bad012478.png

O que não tem efeito na promessa.

Parece que estou sendo forçado a comprar o editor para remover bobagens que os desenvolvedores deveriam ter resolvido dentro do ciclo de desenvolvimento. Muito pobre de SI.

It also happened to me, I posted the problem on page 2 of this threat. The way to solve the problem was to go back to the save as the game is backing up the saves, I was lucky. Interestingly, this bug no longer occurred after going back to the save. If we saw in @janrzm's post and the post he submitted with the Zealand video, there are several reports in the comments talking about similar experiences on YouTube.

In the beta I also had the same problem. And this problem was already known, cases were already reported on the forum:

Edited by lightworker

On 06/11/2023 at 21:07, Bahoi said:

-AI is still not using subs

-Japan has licensing issues

-Too many goals are being scored in a very unrealistic manner.

Will an update come out that quick, before the weekend.

1 hour ago, Pasonen said:

Feedback 

Feeling: Disappointed, frustrated

Reason: So played a few hours "Early access" or beta what ever it is and saw game is not worth play yet. Started reporting bugs and following other reports. Thought this year would be the same as always that after early access there would be fixes. Still waiting fixes and starting to play. I feel I was drawn to report bugs because those AI fails are so obvious. So I spent early access time to wait and report bugs and not play like I had planned. I do not know why I bought early access again! *) Edit Especially when I got Baldurs gate 3 what I think is a most complete game ever. Maybe I need multiple lovers (games)  :D

No need to answer me why early access has bugs :D or what ever.

Thats also the reason I bought early access as I have done for many years. as I thought as in previous years that the intention was to get as many bugs fixed for release with more 'testers' during this period, then on release a patch is brought in by SI fixing as many bugs that can be.  

50 minutes ago, astrocreep2000 said:

I'm hopeful of a patch ASAP really. I've been locked out of my save that I was really enjoying due to the adding leagues bug. Don't want to start a new one, so just kind of waiting.

If you save regularly and have a loadable (separate save file each time) save, load that save and then delete the league you loaded during in-game. Fixed it for me. Lost about 6 months of progression but I still got my save back and well… I ended up doing better second time round! 

Edited by Daz2205

I must be one of the few that is very much enjoying FM24 so far. 

Or is it just the case that the noisy minority are in this thread complaining about various aspects. While some are genuine complaints (the J-League licensing) there are many that seem very unfair.

Since I decided to wait for an update before starting my save, I decided to go into the editor and do some kit edits (seriously, why can I find out that Venda Football Academy play in Yellow by typing "Venda" into Google and doing an image search yet the South African researcher has them playing in blue?!?!)

Alas, the kit editing area of the editor is broken also. I know this has already been raised in the bugs forum, but it's got to be said, this is not going well.

16 minutes ago, Skora11 said:

I must be one of the few that is very much enjoying FM24 so far. 

Or is it just the case that the noisy minority are in this thread complaining about various aspects. While some are genuine complaints (the J-League licensing) there are many that seem very unfair.

I enjoyed playing FM24 in the beta and am still enjoying it even though I'm now playing in the incomplete J-League (my thinking is that the graphics will appear if/when SI release them and I don't really know enough about the players in the J-League for the squad inaccuracies to make a difference to my game play).

With FM25 being a new engine (with all the problems that is likely to cause - think Maxis' attempts to go 3D with city builders) I never expected anything from FM24 beyond being a subtle remix of FM23.  The ME improvements are welcome; some of the newly introduced bugs and continuation of FM23 issues less so, but I'm having fun with it so nothing so annoying that I feel the need to post about it (yet). The redone lighting is still hobbled by the fundamental approach so it's still bad, just different bad.

Edited by rp1966