*Official* Football Manager 2022 Feedback Thread

46 minutes ago, KingCanary said:

XG seems a bit off here- this is a replay of the shot my opponent scored from- as you can see it was their first shot on goal, a free kick from 20+ yards but given an XG of 0.35? I struggle to believe this a chance that goes in 1 in every 3 attempts...

image.thumb.png.b37fe99aa31e3847b99159ebf799e02d.png

Have in mind that SI is use a different weighting for xG from other football analysis platforms (like Opta); to fit their ME (or it's due to licensing - no idea for this)

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is anyone else experiencing offering a player a contract, him then turning you down stating ''the wage and length was better at the other club'' (sometimes the wage less and the same length) and then a few weeks later seeing the player is still a free agent? Not sure if it's a work permit issue at the other club or a bug...

hace 46 minutos, Sunstrikuuu dijo:

I love that the conversational flow here is "forwards never do this" --> "videos showing forwards doing this are unnecessary" --> "there's no proof they do this, despite the videos".   Just really peak foruming.

Normal that you have fun with the movie you just made on your own.

Here no one has said never, we have said that they should dribble more torwards inside.

In the bug tracker we have provided 4 graphs of 4 different matches showing the direction of all the dribbles... But surely the video of one or two isolated plays proves much more a trend than the graphics of all dribles of 4 games.

All ok 

Edited by david_kax

44 minutes ago, david_kax said:

Here no one has said never, we have said that they should dribble more torwards inside.

Right, ok, but no one has ever disagreed with that.  There are lots of bug reports about it.  I've filed some myself, complete with my own colorful graphics.  No one thinks IW/IF movement on the ball is ideal.  I'm just not sure what's being proved here.

The bizarre player conversations seem to be ongoing.

I'm playing in the Ukranian second tier as Metalist Kharkiv and I've just had a bid for a midfielder from a Premier League team which I rejected. He's pissed off because he wanted to play at a higher level and I've told him 'I need you for one more season to get us up, I'll let you go if we don't get promoted.' He's not happy with this as apparently he doesn't think promotion is a realistic aim despite...

• Us being top of the league 9 games into a 30 game season
  • Us being one of the favourites to go up pre season (so this isn't some unexpected hot start)
  • The entire squad agreeing with my quoted aim of winning the division at the start of the season

My options are either to tell him to get on with it or to make a promise about bringing other players in- nowhere do I have the option to tell him he's talking a load of **** basically. 

22 hours ago, kertiek said:

no proof, i dont believe you then.

since you refuse to add anything of value to the discussion other than "move on" and "ItS YoUR TaCTiCS" .. ill go ahead and  add you to the  ignore list <3

Scored this tonight. Banged my head on the low ceiling, but it was worth it:

Pretty sure this ends up with a player dribbling through the central defence, even if the graphics engine needs some more work.

My honest advice is to either enjoy the game or go do something else instead that you find fun. When I reach the pearly gates of heaven and am asked 'What regrets do you have?' I'm fairly sure my answer will not be 'I wish I'd argued with more strangers on the FM forums'.

1 hour ago, rdbayly said:

Scored this tonight. Banged my head on the low ceiling, but it was worth it:

Pretty sure this ends up with a player dribbling through the central defence, even if the graphics engine needs some more work.

My honest advice is to either enjoy the game or go do something else instead that you find fun. When I reach the pearly gates of heaven and am asked 'What regrets do you have?' I'm fairly sure my answer will not be 'I wish I'd argued with more strangers on the FM forums'.

i dont understand the reaction of just stating that an event occurs rarely in the current match engine has to get the catergory of "argued with more strangers on the fm forums" ... this is a feedback post isn it?

people has said that corners were too OP, in previous fm versions the central play was inexistant ( fm17 or fm18 cant rememeber exactly which one?) all am saying is hey .. in the current match engine even is u setup all the team and position instructions to focus most of the attacks on dribbling it happens rarely not as frequent as it happened in previous versions, but seems like now posting about something not working as intended is being evil.

is the people stating that regen fullbacks with almost no crossing stats  ever is being evil too? 

for the last time, i never said that it was something that never happened .. just the fact that it happens too rarely and i would expect to see more of those kind of goals from neymar, messi mbappe, salah or vinicious jr, thats all

Edited by kertiek

Just starting season 2 and seeing loads and loads of loan offers with ZERO contributions. I've got players all set at some % of their wages for loan moves and I keep getting zero % offers.

This is a bug right? I see it's been raised recently as one, and I am guess most everyone is suffering from this? Is there a workaround for this?

1 hour ago, CaptCanuck said:

Just starting season 2 and seeing loads and loads of loan offers with ZERO contributions. I've got players all set at some % of their wages for loan moves and I keep getting zero % offers.

This is a bug right? I see it's been raised recently as one, and I am guess most everyone is suffering from this? Is there a workaround for this?

It has been reported but if you have a save that could be uploaded that would help I am sure.

18 hours ago, CaptCanuck said:

I think teams tend to ask for 0% loans, but I've set my loan asking price to 100% wages.  I usually get something when I offer players out.  So unsolicited offers are for 0%, offer-out responses are for >0%.  So maybe be aggressive about looking for appropriate loan moves.

Does a players confidence in his own form and ability matter anymore?

Not a dig, just a question. I remember back in the day morale was 80% the players own form meaning if a player was in form great his confidence was up meaning his morale was great. But it was also possible to get strikers for example, devoid of confidence.

I notice now even if I have a striker who hasn't scored in 10+ games his morale can be very high... when putting the cursor over for more details it lists a combination of factors such as playing time, management, treatment, training etc but nothing about his own performances having a knock on his morale?

En 12/3/2022 a las 3:02, CaptCanuck dijo:

Also see this, pretty anyoning to have to reject them every week. My workaround until it's fixed is to set the % of wage contribution I want and then instead of waiting for the weekly 0 wages offers to come, I offer the players myself to clubs with these wage % contributions and either the teams reject them or they offer me a wage contribution but not zero anymore.

I have been really enjoying FM 22. I only played about 7 seasons of FM21 and just now got FM22. That is extent of my FM experience so if anyone has suggestions feel free to let me know.

First, love new match engine and additions to the game. With that said I am running into an issue that is literally making me consider going back to to FM 21. I know I am not alone in this since I did search on google about it hoping for a fix and seen video by Zealand talking about this issue with no solutions along with it being reported as a bug from beta testers.

Now I say no solution, but there is solution, which is play in Italy or another country that has no competitions outside of European Competitions. The problem lies in countries where there is a lot of cup competitions. I play in Scotland. Every division has at least 2 side competitions with most having three. Premier has two Scottish competitions along with European Competitions.

I simply cannot play these players enough. They are endlessly unhappy because of lack of play time. Now we aren’t talking about “Star Players” we are talking about “important Players”. I sold my Star Players for beans to make the problem “hopefully” go away but it didn’t. It just trickled down to the “important players” in the next season and big time in the season after that one.

My observations it seems playing in these competitions (excluding European) does nothing to help players happiness in terms of play time. All really does is wear the player out compounding the problem since they won’t be able to play in next league game as they are tired from playing in Scottish Cup (or whatever competition is going on).

I can’t stress enough they do not care about anything but European Cup games and League games. Every other competition game effects them the same as playing a friendly would which is not at all.

What I am finding is let’s say I have my starting midfield 2. I can play them every single game to make them happy but they will end up breaking their legs as their injury risk gets absurdly high. So, I get third player to cover for the 2 full time midfielders and rotate. This may not even stop the complaining from the starting 2. Even if it does we have a new problem. The THIRD will end up complaining about lack of playing time unless I get a garbage player who is happy to sign being fringe. With my tactics I really can’t have garbage player trying to play Box to Box midfielder with 7 sta and 39 years old.

I play in Scotland where there is at least 2 major tournaments going in each Division (It’s actually three for most). It appears playing in cups/tournaments doesn’t help with their happiness in playtime. Again it’s like a friendly to them.

Regardless, I would actually like to win these cups and my board expects certain results. Is the true alternative to intentionally lose them all in the first round so can get players rest time while meeting their play time demands? Losing to Spartans FC with Celtic is going to make the board/players/ME quite unhappy so that OBVIOUSLY isn’t a viable solution.

Basically it’s impossible, for me at least, to balance playtime and recovery time unless I play in a nation that has no competitions.

Any suggestions on this? Out of the Park Baseball is coming out and was enjoying FM 22 but I am ready to quit because of this issue. Like said signing a decent alternate isn’t going to work as decent alternate is going to complain unless he is also a garbage player. I figured out how to talk to them to keep the issue at bay, but that is just for for a time. Their patience runs out becoming huge problem for my squad.

I don’t mean to bash the game, love the game, I don’t want to quit the game, but this is so absurdly frustrating I am ready just go back to FM 21 where this wasn't a problem or just wait for next OOTP lol.

Edited by Danovar

@Danovar - Well, I don't know how you do it, but this is how I do the playing time for each role:

Star Player: Will play every match they are fit for. If I plan on resting them, I'll let them know.
Important Player: Will play almost every match, perhaps on the bench for a few games through the season, but should play about 90-95% of matches.
Regular Starter: Should play almost every match, but can be left out for a few unimportant matches now and then. Should play about 80% of matches or more.
Squad Player: Should play in about 50% of the matches, and be on the bench whenever they don't play.
Impact Sub: Be on the bench for every match they are fit, should also start about 20% of matches.
Fringe Player: Should be on the bench often, but I don't care about starting them at all. Will expect them to play in a very rotated side in lower ranked cups for example.
Emergency Backup: No expectations.
Surplus for requirements: No expectations.

In my current team, I had one player be unhappy about their playing time, and he was a squad player I just couldn't fit, so I changed it to Fringe Player since that was how much I would want him to expect, he kicked up a fuzz and are now on the transfer list. Other than him, everyone is happy here.

image.thumb.png.1a50fc77d5a59c2f35428edb00a8e881.png

23 minutes ago, XaW said:

@Danovar - Well, I don't know how you do it, but this is how I do the playing time for each role:

Star Player: Will play every match they are fit for. If I plan on resting them, I'll let them know.
Important Player: Will play almost every match, perhaps on the bench for a few games through the season, but should play about 90-95% of matches.
Regular Starter: Should play almost every match, but can be left out for a few unimportant matches now and then. Should play about 80% of matches or more.
Squad Player: Should play in about 50% of the matches, and be on the bench whenever they don't play.
Impact Sub: Be on the bench for every match they are fit, should also start about 20% of matches.
Fringe Player: Should be on the bench often, but I don't care about starting them at all. Will expect them to play in a very rotated side in lower ranked cups for example.
Emergency Backup: No expectations.
Surplus for requirements: No expectations.

In my current team, I had one player be unhappy about their playing time, and he was a squad player I just couldn't fit, so I changed it to Fringe Player since that was how much I would want him to expect, he kicked up a fuzz and are now on the transfer list. Other than him, everyone is happy here.

image.thumb.png.1a50fc77d5a59c2f35428edb00a8e881.png

Hey thanks for the response!

May I ask how do you have your team set up number wise?

What I was thinking about doing was doing my starting 11 with my main tactic

DR/DL/1 alternate
2 Cds/1 alternate
3 Mid (including my DM which do somtimes make playmaker)/2 alternates
AML/AMR/STK/2 alts.
GK/ with a terrible back up to play when I obviously going to win.

So combined 11 starting team with 6 real alternates to play when injury/health simply won't allow one or two of the starting 11 to start. Along with 3 subs. Combined team of 21. Really 18 because my 3 subs are generally terrible at this point. Should this work?

Edit: will try to get 6 alts to sign as Squad players. I could also use my four loan slots for these positions now that I think about it.

Edited by Danovar

1 minute ago, Danovar said:

Hey thanks for the response!

May I ask how do you have your team set up number wise?

What I was thinking about doing was doing my starting 11 with my main tactic

DR/DL/1 alternate
2 Cds/1 alternate
3 Mid (including my DM which do somtimes make playmaker)/2 alternates
AML/AMR/STK/2 alts.
GK/ with errible back up to play when I obviously going to win.

So combined 11 starting team with 6 real alternates to play when injury/health simply won't allow one or two of the starting 11 to start. Along with 3 subs. Combined team of 21. Really 18 because my 3 subs are generally terrible at this point. Should this work?

Well, in my current squad I have 1 star player, 2 important ones, 5 regular starters and the rest lower. I make it my agenda to keep the squad role as limited as possible, and often players you have a good relationship with will accept you reducing it. So about every 6 months I try to review the roles and reduce the ones I think will accept it. I will always reduce the role _before_ the player start to complain about game time, so at the very least the player can't accuse me of not keeping my word! :D

19 hours ago, stevemc said:

Imagine asking the manager if "he's been to the opticians recently" after dropping a 6.3 in a derby match and thinking you've played excellent? Just weird.

When this happens it's normally because they don't agree with the option you chose (passing wasn't good enough, tackling wasn't good enough), as opposed to the players rating itself. When they drop a 6.3 I just discipline them anyway.

13 minutes ago, Heywood JaBlowme said:

I assume we're gonna have to wait till 23' till the VAR nonsense is addressed? At least every other goal being checked.  I mean it's reeffindiculous!

Not much different from real life to be honest, I watch many games on tv and most goals are VAR checked.

VAR checks need to be an option, like the pre-match walkout cutscene is, for example. It's nothing but an immersion quirk, so why not give people the option.

Having to watch every other goal get checked while you're trying to blitz through matches gets really tedious, really fast. The VAR check itself is longer than most Key highlights. :lol:

22 hours ago, XaW said:

Well, in my current squad I have 1 star player, 2 important ones, 5 regular starters and the rest lower. I make it my agenda to keep the squad role as limited as possible, and often players you have a good relationship with will accept you reducing it. So about every 6 months I try to review the roles and reduce the ones I think will accept it. I will always reduce the role _before_ the player start to complain about game time, so at the very least the player can't accuse me of not keeping my word! :D

I try to keep playing time expectations tied to [perceived] current ability. On the first of each month, I sort my squad by CA and adjust statuses accordingly.

Ideally -

5.0 stars CA - Star Player

4.5 - Important Player

4.0 - Regular Starter

3.5 - Squad Player

3.0 -  Impact Sub

2.5 - Fringe Player

2.0 - Emergency Backup

This, of course, has exceptions for breakthrough prospects and, very commonly, players who just can't stand the idea of a reduced squad status. They'll bend to my will eventually...

When signing a player, they'll usually want squad status of *at least* one tier above where this list places them. That's fine. I just reduce it when the opportunity presents itself. I do *try* to sign them with a status only one tier above the intended, but that's not always going to work.

And, obviously, I have players that start every game but are on Squad Player status all the time. I don't care how much they actually play; I just want harmony in the dressing room, and minimizing squad status to create easy-to-meet expectations seems to help a lot.

Underpromise; overdeliver. Management at its finest!

14 minutes ago, pedrosantos said:

Hello SI,

Besides the database update, is it expectable any other update?

Thank you

There will be one more update with mainly database changes and probably also with some changes to reflect the situation in Europe- there is no indication yet when this will be released as the situation is changing almost on a daily basis.

30 minutes ago, FrazT said:

There will be one more update with mainly database changes and probably also with some changes to reflect the situation in Europe- there is no indication yet when this will be released as the situation is changing almost on a daily basis.

Thank you

8 hours ago, ajw10 said:

This loan wage bug is a huge issue. It's close to game breaking really.

It needs to be fixed.

I kinda think a bigger problem than the loan wages is the situation with non-negotiable offers.  It's so frustrating having a player valued at £15m, offering him out for £10m and getting back Patrick Star saying "Three.  Take it or leave it."  It's especially frustrating when there are four or five highly-specific clauses attached, and they're all non-negotiable too (which is all the time; as far as I can tell the only provision the AI ever specifically marks is Percentage of Profit).  Like, why the fork is one of my rival clubs submitting an unsolicited non-negotiable loan offer for one of my first-team players, like they're doing me a favor?  

22 minutes ago, FrazT said:

@JulesD A number of good point sin this post- I suggest that you raise them in the Feature Requests forum and they will be seen and reviewed by the SI team

Thanks, I've made a topic there.

How do you guys feel about Direct free kicks after update? Seems to me they have become quite successful. In my Greek league save, players with an average of 12-13 FK, are regularly banging them in recently.

6 hours ago, achortagus said:

How do you guys feel about Direct free kicks after update? Seems to me they have become quite successful. In my Greek league save, players with an average of 12-13 FK, are regularly banging them in recently.

I've got some decent set piece players and I find direct free kicks more successful, corners less successful than in FM21. Didn't play pre-22.3.

More interaction bizarreness.

Player comes to talk to me about leaving. He's a good player but the restrictive rules on homegrown players in the league I'm managing in means he isn't playing as much as he'd ideally like.

So he wants to leave because he says he's realised he'll never be good enough to play reguarlly for us. Personally I disagree but fine- I ask him what would it take to keep him here?

'I want to play in the Ukranian Premier League. If you can promise me that I'll stay.'

What? So you want to leave because you think you're not good enough to play regualrly now in the Ukrainian First Division but you'll stay if I promise we'll get promoted? How does that make sense? Surely if you think you're already not good enough to play regularly at this level then that is only going to get worse at a higher level?

It isn't damaging my save as we're top of the league and I can happily promise him we'll go up, but the logic is bizarre.

1 hour ago, KingCanary said:

More interaction bizarreness.

Player comes to talk to me about leaving. He's a good player but the restrictive rules on homegrown players in the league I'm managing in means he isn't playing as much as he'd ideally like.

So he wants to leave because he says he's realised he'll never be good enough to play reguarlly for us. Personally I disagree but fine- I ask him what would it take to keep him here?

'I want to play in the Ukranian Premier League. If you can promise me that I'll stay.'

What? So you want to leave because you think you're not good enough to play regualrly now in the Ukrainian First Division but you'll stay if I promise we'll get promoted? How does that make sense? Surely if you think you're already not good enough to play regularly at this level then that is only going to get worse at a higher level?

It isn't damaging my save as we're top of the league and I can happily promise him we'll go up, but the logic is bizarre.

I got an offer from PSG for my starting keeper. Rejected it as I didn't want to lose him. GK came to me and asked to leave, I told him that he wouldn't get the playing time at PSG that he wanted, which seemed a reasonable response since they have a 26-year-old Donnarumma as their starter. He then tells me, "I think I'll take my chances."

I did sell him after a second, improved bid, and bought a quality replacement, but that's the most delusional comment I've ever seen from one of my players...

1 minute ago, RCCook said:

I got an offer from PSG for my starting keeper. Rejected it as I didn't want to lose him. GK came to me and asked to leave, I told him that he wouldn't get the playing time at PSG that he wanted, which seemed a reasonable response since they have a 26-year-old Donnarumma as their starter. He then tells me, "I think I'll take my chances."

I did sell him after a second, improved bid, and bought a quality replacement, but that's the most delusional comment I've ever seen from one of my players...

I think I'll take my chances = I'll earn much more money, I don't care if I don't play as much as I would here.

Money rules.

Don't know where to ask this ,so I'll ask here..

Playing with Aston Villa, I asked the board to expand the stadium because our attendance for the 2nd and 3rd season was at 100% full. The board agreed and I had the timeline in Club vision tab they are planing the expansion. So when the date came whetn it was supposed to be done, the board refused to expand the stadium and made plans for building the new stadium. All data on the build the new stadium screen was TBA. But now, in the Club vision tb I have no timeline for the new stadium and when I go to facilities I no more can ask for expansion or new stadium.?? So, is this normal or what is up with my new stadium?

On 16/03/2022 at 12:59, Metal said:

They were missing tons of chnces 1vs1 before the update. I think it's actually improved slightly

Oof - it beggars belief it actually used to be worse.

And I don't mean belief in your characterization :-) but that SI figure it's the lesser of some other evil they ended up with in their whack-a-mole- ME work.

This conversation is 73 pages long and hasn't yet confirmed Godwin's law, so: Hitler.

Apart from the odd bug the game runs fine, but it feels like the press conference choices haven't change much in the past few years. I can click through them without reading the questions or answers to get a 'conference was fine' message and so I end up delegating them. 

I still use 2D Circles because the 3D match engine is still **** poor. Don't get rid of it. The 3D match engine has been a thing since.. 2009? it is still terrible.

Potential Ability: I heard that in some older versions there was the -9 ability which meant the PA depended on how well he was trained. Which is much better than me playing in the first team and training some kid who ends up having a 125PA and being a bootleg David Bellion.