Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II passes away. 21st April 1926 - 8th September 2022.

Confused Clarity

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Anaconda Vice said:

Correct

Yeah, the Coronation is just basically an excuse for a big party for royalists.  Charles is officially King as soon as the announcement is made that the Queen has died.

Edited by kevhamster

1 minute ago, Pompeyboyz said:

I think the other siblings need to kiss the hand of the new king/queen to make it uncontested etc as a means of being ratified.  So Anne, Andrew and Edward would all need to be there.  

Bet Andrews got a sweat on. Don’t think he’s ever kissed someone that old. 

4 minutes ago, Pompeyboyz said:

I think the other siblings need to kiss the hand of the new king/queen to make it uncontested etc as a means of being ratified.  So Anne, Andrew and Edward would all need to be there.  

You can tell that we're a serious country, because I genuinely have no idea if this is actually true, or just a Game of Thrones reference or something :idiot:

14 minutes ago, Harryseaess said:

I like to think that the Queen hung on just to ensure he left.

This is a conspiracy theory I could get behind, that Liz has been on death's door for a week, but found one final burst of life to get up and laugh at Boris, 'Incidentally, I'm about to die, and I just want you to know that you've missed your chance to be the centre of attention when it happens'.

Edited by vikeologist

2 minutes ago, bigdunk said:

You can tell that we're a serious country, because I genuinely have no idea if this is actually true, or just a Game of Thrones reference or something :idiot:

image.png.c61e99a0277edde409fbc95a89e8d9ac.png

1 minute ago, mark1985 said:

He can choose his own name? What’s stopping him from going for Kevin or Clive or Thanos or something? 

Nothing at all, and I really don't know that he's ever committed to Charles.

I mean, I do think someone would advise against Thanos, but apparently he's quite stubborn.

17 minutes ago, Harryseaess said:

I don’t even think you get sworn in do you? It just immediately passes to Charles the second she dies?

“The only thing known to go faster than ordinary light is monarchy, according to the philosopher Ly Tin Wheedle. He reasoned like this: you can't have more than one king, and tradition demands that there is no gap between kings, so when a king dies the succession must therefore pass to the heir instantaneously. Presumably, he said, there must be some elementary particles -- kingons, or possibly queons -- that do this job, but of course succession sometimes fails if, in mid-flight, they strike an anti-particle, or republicon. His ambitious plans to use his discovery to send messages, involving the careful torturing of a small king in order to modulate the signal, were never fully expanded because, at that point, the bar closed.”

https://www.goodreads.com/quotes/66881-the-only-thing-known-to-go-faster-than-ordinary-light#:~:text=“The only thing known to go faster than ordinary light,pass to the heir instantaneously.

1 minute ago, vikeologist said:

It's almost certainly going to be one of his names. Luckily he has 4.

Charles Phillip Arthur George.

Arthur's the tricky one, because he'd be (in HoT parlance) the first of that name, which would upset those who think there was a real King Arthur.

Nearly was, 
Henry VIII's older brother was Arthur Tudor 

2 minutes ago, decapitated said:

There was talk that he would take the name George IX after his grandfather, but I'd be surprised if he didn't go for Charles III.

I’m predicting Charles the Turd puns from republicans. 

5 minutes ago, Redshift said:

I’m predicting Charles the Turd puns from republicans. 

Seeing UK Politics... they are better with current setup.

I wish we has system like that... sick and tired of politicians controlling 100% of the country. and no I'm not 100% pro monarchy.

when 9/11 (and other major events) happened, both BBC and ITV were covering it live weren't they?

seems a bit weird ITV are not covering this and have a normal schedule on.  Could be creating an alternative for people to watch but considering this is one of those major operation things media have been practising for years, you'd think the two main channels in the country would be covering it.  Unless ITV would rather do it from later on

Edited by TM

Maybe someone has pointed this out, but the title of this entire thread is wrong. Operation London Bridge is only if she dies in London. 

If she dies in Scotland it's called Operation Unicorn.

This is why it's taking so long. Everybody has been conditioned to expect a text message saying 'London Bridge is Down' but instead they've all received messages saying, 'The Unicorn has lost its horn', and they think Boris is pissed and still has control of government comms.

Not many people know that the unicorn is the national animal of Scotland, and as a Scot, the fact that it's something completely mythical makes absolute bloody sense to me.

Edited by vikeologist

Just now, TM said:

when 9/11 (and other major events) happened, both BBC and ITV were covering it live weren't they?

seems a bit weird ITV are not covering this and have a normal schedule on.  Could be creating an alternative for people to watch  but considering this is one of those major operation things media have been practising for years, you'd think the two main channels in the country would be covering it.  Unless ITV would rather do it from later on

Dude, can’t interrupt The Chase!

4 minutes ago, TM said:

seems a bit weird ITV are not covering this and have a normal schedule on.  Could be creating an alternative for people to watch  but considering this is one of those major operation things media have been practising for years, you'd think the two main channels in the country would be covering it.  Unless ITV would rather do it from later on

Think it's something to do with the official channel is bbc

4 minutes ago, TM said:

seems a bit weird ITV are not covering this and have a normal schedule on.  Could be creating an alternative for people to watch but considering this is one of those major operation things media have been practising for years, you'd think the two main channels in the country would be covering it.  Unless ITV would rather do it from later on

Isn't part of the BBCs royal charter that they have to switch at times like these

3 minutes ago, vikeologist said:

Maybe someone has pointed this out, but the title of this entire thread is wrong. Operation London Bridge is only if she dies in London. 

If she dies in Scotland it's called Operation Unicorn.

This is why it's taking so long. Everybody has been conditioned to expect a text message saying 'London Bridge is Down' but instead they've all received messages saying, 'The Unicorn has lost its horn', and they think Boris is pissed and still has control of government comms.

The thread originally started in October 2021 when her death wasn't seemingly imminent.