Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II passes away. 21st April 1926 - 8th September 2022.

Confused Clarity

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, Coulthard's Jaw said:

Refusing to be seen in public in a wheelchair is just ****ing weird tbh :D 

Yeah to be fair I feel like the image of the Queen in a wheelchair would be a powerful message/image for elderly, young and newly disabled people who struggle with people looking or judging them etc. 

On 13/05/2022 at 18:51, PaulHartman71 said:

Yeah to be fair I feel like the image of the Queen in a wheelchair would be a powerful message/image for elderly, young and newly disabled people who struggle with people looking or judging them etc. 

Yes, but it would be a message of vulnerability about her which is far more important.

42 minutes ago, SouthCoastRed said:

Not sure if this thing on ITV is live or not but she seems on top form tonight (albiet sat down and wrapped up under a blanket)

Just walked to the car too.

3 minutes ago, Bootador said:

Those are FAKE LEGS.

Remote control legs with human skin grafted on

Surely they're reptile legs rather than remote control? Or are they remote control reptile legs?

2 hours ago, Bootador said:

Those are FAKE LEGS.

Remote control legs with human skin grafted on

Honestly, what kind of situation would require the use of a pair of fake legs and a remote-controlled Queen? Only, I imagine, a completely ludicrous one!

8 minutes ago, leftback in the changing room said:
1 hour ago, SouthCoastRed said:

She could have done the opening of Parliament too, but thought, bollocks to Boris, the lying ****, I'm staying home, Jug Ears can do it

Yeah, that's a flex alright. "You go read that *****'s latest rubbish, I'll go open the railway line they named after me. Fair's fair."

It really does seem quite feasible doesn't it. 

10 minutes ago, Redshift said:

How can they do Wizbit if Paul Daniels died? :confused:

Am quite amused that most of the people who actually get the joke think Morrissey is the more obvious tell than anything else.

Napalm Death performing Suffer the Children and dedicating it to Andrew would've been gold.

Edited by Heartwork

2 minutes ago, bdcuk said:

Id love to see lizzie watching Dumpys Rusty Nuts.

One thing hardly anyone has mentioned is the "Kirtsie Allsopp" typo. Maybe that's because the typo is one of the most believable things about the poster. The real one is horribly formatted, poorly centred (date is not in line with artist line-up at all) with kerning all over the place.

• 2 weeks later...

The animatronics need servicing

Yeah, she's a stubborn 95 year old woman who insists that she must walk everywhere, AND it confirms my theory that she's picking and choosing the stuff she wants to do. Stand on the balcony for 10 minutes watching planes fly past and have lots of people cheering you? Great. Sit on an uncomfortable pew for an hour whilst some priest rambles on? Sod that, let Charles do it.

(Charles may have been waiting a long time but he looked worse than Elizabeth and I bet Kate isn't going to want to be made Queen in her 60s, if you know what I mean).

• Administrators

I don't really understand how "Old woman who overdid it needs rest" is really news.

I can just imagine its probably extremely mentally and physically draining for her to do even one of these event days, and absolutely makes sense to delegate.

But really we should be having a conversation as a country whether the monarchy is right for the 21st century. We can't take various human and social issues seriously enough if we are also going to protect the institution of a hereditary monarchy.

10 minutes ago, Lucas said:

I don't really understand how "Old woman who overdid it needs rest" is really news.

I can just imagine its probably extremely mentally and physically draining for her to do even one of these event days, and absolutely makes sense to delegate.

But really we should be having a conversation as a country whether the monarchy is right for the 21st century. We can't take various human and social issues seriously enough if we are also going to protect the institution of a hereditary monarchy.

Gives you an insight into how the media will go over the top when she dies. If old person getting old is major headlines

• Administrators
3 minutes ago, Paul Bacon said:

Gives you an insight into how the media will go over the top when she dies. If old person getting old is major headlines

Tradition and the respect for a figure like Liz that she commands will always be huge news. It's the peak of the celeb gossip press culture (which really ought to stop completely).

I am not convinced it will change much even with Charles or Wills, and the stuff I've seen on Prince Louis "stealing the show", plus the ridiculous tidbits on the children I just find absolutely horrifying. No way is any of that fair on any child.

2 hours ago, Lucas said:

Sounds reasonable. Given that there were a few people cheering the Queen on this morning, how would you suggest we twist their arms so that they come round to the idea it might all be a bit over the top, because I'm gonna guess they won't instantly agree like most on here